• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Natsuiro Kiseki 10
iVNeOaM9NB6oW.png

The only worthwhile QUALITY shot I could find from this and to be honest, the above is an in-between shot that most viewers probably wouldn't even notice.

There were no shots this week worthy of the last four or so episodes but perhaps for good reason: this episode was legitimately excellent. Attempts to remember the past and the curiosity that sometimes piques our minds as to what, where and who we'll be in the future were themes that hit a crossroads in this episode. I'd even go as far to say it was very nostalgic. On a side note, Saki was looking mature in this episode. I think it was her hair style.

The show also broke away from the standard Lawson's plug to refer to a few more corporations (sponsors?).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If this even counts as anime, my first anime was Mitsubachi Maya no Bouken, aka Maya the Bee when it aired on Nick Jr. around 1990. The first anime that I watched that I actually knew was anime was Pokemon, around 1998.

NO.
Also, no.

Okay, I admit, you're right. It's not a close contest at all. Elena easily beats out Kanetsugu for worst character of the season.

Wow some of the anime you all watched for your first anime were so retro.

Shining Hearts Bread of Happiness 8
tumblr_m51nmlkX3R1rwcpybo1_400.gif

Xiao-mei....redeemed! Perhaps she has some good quality afterall. I see what someone meant awhile back about the island being home to characters that just wash ashore. Fiona, Dylan, and Rick moments were really good. Still liked him exploring himself eventually making onion garlic toast.

On Fiona
is that her and Dylan's child
?

cajunator

Banned
this is a horrible, horrible thought
but entirely possible at this point

you should watch eureka 7 before omigawa rots your brain

That lovely angel will never rot my brain. Her voice is beautiful.

If this even counts as anime, my first anime was Mitsubachi Maya no Bouken, aka Maya the Bee when it aired on Nick Jr. around 1990. The first anime that I watched that I actually knew was anime was Pokemon, around 1998.

Okay, I admit, you're right. It's not a close contest at all. Elena easily beats out Kanetsugu for worst character of the season.

Still NO.

Wow some of the anime you all watched for your first anime were so retro.

Shining Hearts Bread of Happiness 8
tumblr_m51nmlkX3R1rwcpybo1_400.gif

Xiao-mei....redeemed! Perhaps she has some good quality afterall. I see what someone meant awhile back about the island being home to characters that just wash ashore. Fiona, Dylan, and Rick moments were really good. Still liked him exploring himself eventually making onion garlic toast.

On Fiona
is that her and Dylan's child
?

Xiaomei is this shows Isanami.

Do it. Do it now!

I dunno. I have to SLEEP soon. Unico can give you nightmareS!

The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of Uruk~ 06
New squad of villains go!
Pretty decent episode with new probably one time villains and more fighting. I mean there's more revelations of our very own mad king and other stuff, but the fighting was cool.

survivor

Banned
Future Boy Conan 1

Decided to live through my childhood nostalgia in the summer starting with Conan. Nadia is the other anime I also want to rewatch. Maybe Lady Oscar but I doubt it, don't want depressing anime.

Loved the first episode. I honestly don't remember much about the anime or the main plot but I do know there is a lot of adventuring and I can't wait for it. Didn't expect Monsley and the gang to show up in the first episode, I thought they would let Conan and Lana get to know each other for a longer time then let the kidnapping happen.

Articalys

First anime? Technically, it was probably some of the stuff they westernized terribly for US cable back in the mid/late-90s. First show that I watched seriously was probably Fullmetal Alchemist on Adult Swim back in 2004, though.

cajunator

Banned
It was definitely the shows on nickelodeon. Maya the Bee, Noozles, Adventures of the little koala, Mysterious cities of gold, Grimms Fairy Tale Classics...one of those.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
First anime: Probably something like Noozles or some other early localization on cable TV.
First anime knowing it was from Japan: Sailor Moon.
First subbed anime: Project A-ko.

Sengoku Collection 10

9 and 10 for the best episodes yet. Shinku had a great story and they actually did give a battle with some fairly decent choreography and comedy.
Shinku leaving Jun temporarily though, Ill miss Jun, she was funny with her random commentary

cajunator

Banned
First anime: Probably something like Noozles or some other early localization on cable TV.
First anime knowing it was from Japan: Sailor Moon.
First subbed anime: Project A-ko.

Fist anime knowing it was anime: probably one of the OVA's like burn Up W, Iria:Zeiram, Armitage, Iczelion

First subbed animu: Love hina :(((((((

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm still trying to find the name of my first anime. All I remember was that it was a Canto dub and that it was an OVA where guys in armor constantly jumped in front of the main character in order to save him.

I don't think I'll ever find it again. lol

survivor

Banned
So apparently the first season of Kore wa Zombie covered 3 volumes of the light novel while the second covered 4. They must have skipped a lot of shit in the second season to make that adaptation work in just 10 episodes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My first subs were Hellsing. You can do a lot worse than Nakata Jouji for the first Japanese voice to grace your ears.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
First anime: Probably Súper Campeones/Captain Tsubasa.
First anime knowing it was from Japan: Dragon Ball
First subbed anime: Some Saint Seiya/Caballeros del Zodiaco movie my uncle bought at a tianguis that was in Japanese but had subtitles instead of the dub. He also got the Gogetta or whatever Dragon Ball Z movie without even the subtitles --I just stared at the pretty pictures for the duration of the film.

Strangely enough, that movie had a Japanese commercial in between with a bunch of divers falling into a toilet and cleaning it while singing a musical number. Trippy.

Ultimadrago

My first subbed anime was some anime OVA where an antagonist caught a moving bullet in between his two fingers and flicked it right through the skull of his frightened attacker.

It was an awesome scene and I will never forget it (though I don't recall the name of the OVA).

OceanBlue

I don't remember which was first, but my first subbed anime were Shakugan no Shana, Tsubasa Chronicles, and Haruhi. I guess that's why I like KyoAni and despise Bee Train. For someone who hadn't really watched much anime before, Tsubasa Chronicles started off so cool, but then they started inserting random stuff in the second season like that biker gang and the bus episode and even I thought it became stupid. And then it suddenly stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom