• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In honor of 25 years of Demon Summoning, GAF Plays: The (Shin) Megami Tensei series

Finalow

Hey guys I have a question for DDS1. How many times do you have to play through it to be able to challenge the demi-fiend/hitoshura?
from gamefaqs: after completing the game once and replaying the game from a New Cycle save you will be able to fight a super-secret, super-powerful boss.

Went through the Amala Temple in Nocturne now, think I'm gonna do the Third Kalpa next. Still on the road for TDE but I don't really know what level I should be at for the final boss and other things to make it manageable. Currently at level 62 with what I imagine still a lengthy portion of game to be waded through.
mh I'm level 59 in the final dungeon, I'll tell ya if I have problems. :0

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda wondering how you got there that low leveled. I've been running with Estoma on for the better half of the game. As for my progress. Just beat the last Fiend so I think I'll be heading down the Kalpas again soon. Only cleared up till the second one so far, but I guess I'll be able to do all of them now that I have all the Candelabra.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Went through the Amala Temple in Nocturne now, think I'm gonna do the Third Kalpa next. Still on the road for TDE but I don't really know what level I should be at for the final boss and other things to make it manageable. Currently at level 62 with what I imagine still a lengthy portion of game to be waded through.

If you're going for TDE, you'll probably want to hit at least 80 for the ability Freikugel from the Kailash magatama. That and Pierce are what you need most.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If you're going for TDE, you'll probably want to hit at least 80 for the ability Freikugel from the Kailash magatama. That and Pierce are what you need most.

Alright. With three Kalpas and at least some dungeons left I figure I'll get there without too much grinding.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Alright. With three Kalpas and at least some dungeons left I figure I'll get there without too much grinding.

Freikugel is fourth ability on the kailash magatama, so take that into consideration (You can buy kailash about halfway-2/3 through the final dungeon). If you're getting into the final dungeon in your low to mid 70s you'll be fine. I think I was a little lower than you are at the temple, and I did have to do some quick grinding to get up to 80 for Freikugel, so you're probably right on track.

As a heads up though, it costs
Just so you can make sure you have enough.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Freikugel is fourth ability on the kailash magatama, so take that into consideration (You can buy kailash about halfway-2/3 through the final dungeon). If you're getting into the final dungeon in your low to mid 70s you'll be fine. I think I was a little lower than you are at the temple, and I did have to do some quick grinding to get up to 80 for Freikugel, so you're probably right on track.

As a heads up though, it costs
Just so you can make sure you have enough.

Thanks for that. Was wondering how much it would be. Money is scarce in this game so far, barring that reward from the cursed tunnel. Was freewheeling for a while resummoning plenty, but right now I can't afford any of those. There's still too magatma left to buy in Asakusa, a healing one and a physical one as far as I recall. Not sure if I should skip those.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Thanks for that. Was wondering how much it would be. Money is scarce in this game so far, barring that reward from the cursed tunnel. Was freewheeling for a while resummoning plenty, but right now I can't afford any of those. There's still too magatma left to buy in Asakusa, a healing one and a physical one as far as I recall. Not sure if I should skip those.

If you get all 24 Magatama you unlock a special dungeon

You have to fight 4 bosses in there, The four devas. If you do so, you meet Masakado, who will ask you your intentions. If you say you intend to take over/protect tokyo, he will give you the Masakados Magatama, which gives you +10 in every stat but luck, and makes you null to everything but almighty damage.

Incredibly worth it imo. Since you are going for the TDE, I would personally go for stuff like this. The final-final boss is no pushover.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I think the main thing holding me back from that is that delivish puzzle game.

qcf x2

I just finished P3P, which is the first and only SMT game I've played. Pretty good ending, though I feel like it was a lot deeper than the 127 hours that preceded it.

Can't wait for P4G on my Vita!

cj_iwakura

Ok, so I rehosted the first update or so, laters will be hosted elsewhere.

Enjoy.

Intro

Hello everyone. My name is Saint35. This playthrough I am writing about is for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. A RPG for the Sega Saturn. While this game was originally released on the Saturn, this game would later also be ported to the PSP. Aside from that, this game would also mark the start of the spinoff series of Shin Megami Tensei known as Devil Summoner. The Shin Megami Tensei series is my favorite series and I noticed that this game had no guides written for it. Even worse, not even a let's play or anything else. Barely any information is known on the game. Even hardcore fans of the series don't know much about the original Devil Summoner game. Not a surprise.

Since in the U.S., this game was never localized ever. I wanted to document my let's play of this game by taking screenshots, providing commentary on what I am thinking as I play through the game and hopefully by providing just a basic walkthrough for anyone who is interested in trying this game. I will start off by saying that I cannot read Japanese if my life depends on it. So 95% of the time I will have no idea what is being said or what is going on. Fortunately, I do know Katakana and I have a few other resources available to me. So I will be able to figure out the names of some spells, items, demons, locations and a few other random things. Do note that this will be loaded with spoilers!!! With that being said...Onto the playthrough!!

Prologue

1.jpg

I hit start and I begin a new game. I'm faced with the task of entering some random letters for what I believe are names. Either way, I get acquainted with the controls and just enter random letters. Once that's out of the way, the game starts. At the beginning, it seems the protagonist is at home. He is on his computer on something called DDS Net where he is communicating with someone named Redman.

2.jpg

In the middle of his conversation, his girlfriend stops by. Apparently, they are going on a date today. From this point on, you then speak with the protagonist's parents and afterward you are in control. I start off by wandering around. Needless to say, I have no idea where to go because I don't know anything. After much wandering around and consulting resources, I seem to stop by a few key areas of interest. One of them is a bar sort of area. Where there is a tv broadcast going on. The protagonist's girlfriend seems to say something while here. I cannot confirm if going to this area is integral to progressing in the storyline, but something did happen.

Highlighted section of world map is where place is:

3.jpg

Where in this section it is

4.jpg

Bar place:

5.jpg

I'm not sure if you have to visit any other locations as I went to nearly every location possible at this point of the game. Eventually, I discover through a outside source that you're supposed to go to your girlfriend's apartment. Because she forgot concert tickets. I go there and it seems the information was true.

Location on world map of apartment:

First go to the highlighted section of the world map.

6.jpg

At this section, go to:

7.jpg

See that building to the left of the blue arrow? Go there.

A event happens there. Both you and your girlfriend are attacked by demons! Fortunately, two detectives/devil summoners are there to save the day!

8.jpg

9.jpg

Continued in part 2...

Aeana

Man, I haven't played Devil Summoner since the PSP version came out. It looked better than that since it was on a small screen.
It'd be nice to have a full let's play that I can just look at instead of playing it again, because I don't really care for it that much.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks to Saint35 for posting about his playthrough and thank you for posting it here. It'll be nice to see something more of Devil Summoner, more than the first few minutes that I played (had no idea what do or where to go).

Back to DDS: I'm currently at -164ft. The last boss (Vasuki) really gave me a hard time. In the end I had to switch out Gale to survive that fight, took me three tries.

It'd be nice to have a full let's play that I can just look at instead of playing it again, because I don't really care for it that much.

What's wrong with it?

Koroviev

How's the "hard" difficulty in Persona 3 Portable?

I'm about to triple-dip on the game. I started it on the PSP, but only made it about 35 hours in before life got in the way. I also have the FES version on my PS3, in which I am going to play through as a dude and get the "canon" storyline. However, I'd also like to have a portable version of the game and play as a lady ;)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Died in the fight against Garuda (damn thing hit two of my characters with over 400). I don't really feel like doing the whole segment before the fight again, so I guess I will try again tomorrow.

I'm about to triple-dip on the game. I started it on the PSP, but only made it about 35 hours in before life got in the way. [..] However, I'd also like to have a portable version of the game and play as a lady ;)

Either you meant PS2 or I'm confused.

Koroviev

Died in the fight against Garuda (damn thing hit two of my characters with over 400). I don't really feel like doing the whole segment before the fight again, so I guess I will try again tomorrow.

Either you meant PS2 or I'm confused.

It's available as a PS2 classic on PSN. I don't have a PS3 with BC.

Max

I am not Max
About to checkout with DDS 1/2, Nocturne, and Strange Journey for a combined total of $113 (pay day!). Really wishing either Raidou games were affordable from Amazon.ca...

I'll be playing them on my PC with PCSX2, and SJ on my 3DS

Jucksalbe

Banned
The tower in DDS1 right? You found it's weakness?

Yes and no. I don't think that damn thing has a weakness.

About to checkout with DDS 1/2, Nocturne, and Strange Journey for a combined total of $113 (pay day!). Really wishing either Raidou games were affordable from Amazon.ca...

Great. Make sure to post your progress here. :)

Aeana

So I put in disc 2 of DDS, and there's a totally different title screen. They sure went to a lot of trouble just for disc two of a game.

khZle.jpg

I can't even load my save, I have to start a new game and import my save, and we start at level 1 again! You so cray, Atlus.

cj_iwakura

Yeah what's wrong with DS? I always wanted to play it because I liked what I read about the plot.

Having played a good hour or so of it?

Plot is amazing, game is ugly as sin, and nigh unplayable.

Comparing it to Soul Hackers is like comparing Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy VI.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Just realized that I did bring back Devil Summoner 2 with me for the summer. How good is the game? I hated the first one.

cj_iwakura

Just realized that I did bring back Devil Summoner 2 with me for the summer. How good is the game? I hated the first one.

I assume you mean Raidou?

It's great, but I also loved the first one. Second's gameplay is even faster, story's not as good. Negotiation is present, though!

Aeana

Everything is better in Raidou 2. EVERYTHING. It's a really, really great game, and it has a lot of stuff that hearkens back to classic SMT, including negotiation, alignment importance, and other stuff.

Sinople

Having played a good hour or so of it?

Plot is amazing, game is ugly as sin, and nigh unplayable.

Comparing it to Soul Hackers is like comparing Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy VI.

I played it for 80 hours according to my save (PSP version), so I'm sure some would find it perfectly playable and enjoyable.

Danny Dudekisser

I assume you mean Raidou?

It's great, but I also loved the first one. Second's gameplay is even faster, story's not as good. Negotiation is present, though!

Everything is better in Raidou 2. EVERYTHING. It's a really, really great game, and it has a lot of stuff that hearkens back to classic SMT, including negotiation, alignment importance, and other stuff.

Hmm.... okay, maybe I'll give it a shot after I'm done with my current glut of stuff I'm working on. I really want to play an SMT, and I suppose I should get around to this one seeing as how I've had it sitting on my shelf for 3 years now.

Sinople

Well, that was just my opinion, but I was also coming fresh off the crystal-clear Soul Hackers.

No problem, I know it's an opinion shared by a lot of people, but I liked it a lot myself.
And I really should get to play Soul Hackers but I'm torn between the PS1 version in my backlog or waiting for the 3DS one.

cj_iwakura

No problem, I know it's an opinion shared by a lot of people, but I liked it a lot myself.
And I really should get to play Soul Hackers but I'm torn between the PS1 version in my backlog or waiting for the 3DS one.

At this point, I'd definitely wait. A potential translation's too close.

What's wrong with it?

Yeah what's wrong with DS? I always wanted to play it because I liked what I read about the plot.

Here is an example:
There's a teleport dungeon that doesn't play any sort of sound effect or otherwise clue you in on the fact that you've just been teleported. Since everything in the dungeon looks the same, unless you have the Mapper spell active you can easily mistake being teleported as a graphical glitch or a nasty case of popup.

It's an ugly, slow game that isn't worth the amount of effort you have to put in (and I say this as someone who legit likes Persona 1)

Congratulations on your soon-to-be-elated self!

cj_iwakura

Prologue Part 2
The man's name is Kyouji Kuzunoha. Beside him, is the woman named Rei Raihou. Both of them are detectives and devil summoners who work to solve crimes and problems that are ongoing. They save you from the demons that attack you and afterward Kyouji guides you through your apartment safely. The game then automatically plays itself and basically you keep walking through the area. Along the way, you get into a few battles. With Kyouji though, the battles are a joke. He crushes everything. As you go through these battles, you'll gain around 3-4 levels by the time this part is done. Now, I would like to briefly sidetrack to discuss stats and leveling.

Upon leveling, as with most SMT games...You can allocate points into certain stats. You can allocate 1 point into a stat per level. As with older SMT games, there seems to be all the typical stats. STR(Strength), STA(Stamina), SPD(Speed), LCK(Luck), INT(Intelligence) and MAG(Magic). Knowing that the protagonist cannot use magic, someone can obviously figure out that MAG and INT are pointless to put points into. With that out of the way, what stats should you allocate points into? Well, here's my opinion on the four potential stats worth putting points into:

STR: Second best stat to put points into. Not only does this increase the damage you do with melee weapons, but it also increases your HP by the same amount raising STA does.

STA: Third best stat to put points into. Stamina raises HP, but not more then STR. Aside from that, it also increases your defense.

SPD: Best stat to put most of your points into. Speed is actually an incredibly good stat in this game. It raises evasion, melee weapon accuracy and your defense every single time you put points into it!!

LCK: Worst stat to put points into aside from MAG/INT. Doesn't really increase any stats of much importance.

The protagonist continues traveling with Kyouji through the apartments. Eventually, you reach a boss and defeat it. After the boss fight, you return to your home and forget about what happened. The next day, you return to the bar area where the television is. On the tv broadcast, you see an event about Kyouji being found dead. Once I see the event at the bar place, I leave. Upon heading leaving this section of the world map...I randomly end up at a construction site.

At the construction site I run into someone. A man who claims to be a priest. He introduces himself as Sid Davis. Now I don't know about you...But doesn't this guy look suspicious?

10.jpg

sid.jpg

Either way, Sid eventually traps you in a warehouse. He tells you that he'll let you live if you manage to find a exit. From this point on, I begin wandering around looking for a exit anywhere, but everywhere seems to lead to a dead end where Sid is.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Needless to say, this guy is bad news. He is not a priest, but in fact a serial killer. I keep wandering around the warehouse. Eventually though, everything has to end. I reach a room with another dead end and Sid is in there. He then murders the protagonist and I am taken to a afterlife. A area known as the River of Styx.

13.jpg

At the River of Styx, I meet a pale looking man named Charon. Who informs me that I will be reincarnated into the body of Kyouji Kuzunoha.

14.jpg

//After the encounter, I am alive again and in the body of Kyouji Kuzunoha with many unanswered questions. But one of them stands out. I can't help, but wonder about it:

Who is Sid Davis and what's his goal...?

kyouji.jpg

The Yaraiginza Arcade District

After my reincarnation, I wake up in Kyouji's body at the hospital. The doctors call me a zombie and say it's a miracle, but it doesn't matter. At this point of the game, I now need to be at the Yaraiginza Arcade District. This area sort of serves as the town of the game. Once there, I visit the Kuzunoha Detective Agency.

15.jpg

Inside, I meet with Rei and speak with her. After the event, I have a few options. It turns out you can save or go to the configuration menu here. So I save and then continue onward. It seems the next objective I have is I need to go meet with a fortune teller. I head on over there.

16.jpg

The fortune teller informs me that my soul has been reincarnated into the body of Kyouji Kuzunoha. Aside from that, she tells me that I need to visit Victor at the Hotel Goumaden to obtain the gun computer from him. I leave and I head over to the Hotel Goumaden. Where Victor awaits. Yes, the same Victor from the Raidou Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 1/2 games on the Playstation 2.

17.jpg

At the Hotel Goumaden, Victor happily gives me the gun computer. He talks to me a bit briefly and then lets me leave. I don't leave quite yet though. While talking to him choose the option on the right. It lets you to go into the fusion area. Similar to all other SMT games, Devil Summoner has fusion too.

18.jpg

It's basically the same here as it was in SMT 1/2. You can fuse 2 or 3 demons together at once. The moon phases are also taken into account and can determine what demons you will get from fusing. Unfortunately though, I have not recruited or fused demons at this point...So it doesn't matter right now. I leave the Goumaden. Outside, I realize that I now can access the main menu and the map because of the Gun COMP.

At this point of the game, I can pretty much go to the first dungeon. Obviously though, that wouldn't be the best idea. I decide to first check around the Yaraiginza Arcade District and see the stores and different places. At this part, I'll explain all the different stores and what they do. First, let's talk about the Clover Gym.

19.jpg

This area is pretty much the inn equivalent of SMT: DS. It's where you do all your healing. Inside, you meet this guy with a clover eyepatch and he takes you to the back of the gym. Here he's got a room. Apparently, this guy is a doctor or something.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

In here, you can pretty much heal yourself and check the status of yourself or your demons. When choosing to heal, you'll see your characters/demons. The top option though, if you select that heals everyone who needs healing at once. So make sure to pick the top option whenever you go here to save yourself time. With the Clover Gym explained, it's onto the next place. The armor store. Ah, good old engrish!!

23.jpg

24.jpg

Two f's in defense. Anyways though, enter and inside you will meet the armor store owner.

25.jpg

Feel free to buy armor if you want, but I personally would save the yen for weapons first. I think buying a good weapon right now is far more important. With that being said, it's onto the weapons store! Which is right across from the armor store.

This is probably the coolest store in any SMT game. I'll explain why in the next part.

To be continued in Yaraiginza Arcade District Part 2...

And here's some cool DS cast pics that Kakizaki from the Atlus MB kindly provided.

5481283484_0873566388_z.jpg

5481287112_19c3239ddc_z.jpg

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...boring train station number 3. Fuck it, I'm doing Kalpas. Number 3 featured my established favorite gaming mechanic. Chase sequences that teleport you back when the hunter catches you. This time with the added treat of instant death moves wiping you out. Fortunately it was not as bad as the Jailer in DDS2. That one actively scared the crap out of me for some reason and was made worse when someone accidentally cut the power when I was in the middle of it.

Time for Kalpa 4 which ironically features the other thing in all the SMT games that has made me rage: cursed hallways.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Fourth Kalpa clear and
recruited the one at the beginning of the Fifth. Feels nice having such a high level party member. He's 14 levels ahead of me at the moment.

Soulhouf

2 days ago I beat Shin Megami Tensei II on PSN. The funny thing is that I started it 2 days before SMTIV was announced.
It was gorgeous, magnificent, mind blowing, fascinating...
I think this game almost beat Nocturne in my heart and goes directly to my top 10 JRPG. I wonder why did I wait so long before I played it.

Next: Strange Journey or perhaps I will play if... for the 3rd time to experience another path.

MechaX

Haven't gotten the chance to play EP too much this week, since I had a lot of work to do after hours. But I made up for it with some play-time today.

But anyway, I think... I left off right before confronting the Joker at the Sky Museum.

E8gBl.png
G4kqN.png

Well, of course he would pick a location where school children are likely to visit. Even worse, Sudou struck gold by actually coordinating this on an actual scheduled grade schooler field-trip day. Interestingly, I don't think Sudou really wants to place the party in any kind of moral dilemma where they would have to choose to save themselves or the kids or something. He's just a dick.

G4kqN.png
UpgXF.png
7w03U.png

This kid who goes to the only other high school in Sumaru City besides Seven Sisters (Kasugayama, which happens to be the butt of a lot of jokes in both the fan-translation and official translation of Innocent Sin) just randomly approaches Maya. But let's hear more about this note...

kFvFo.png

Ulala loses her patience and wonders why Maya is even humoring Jun in the first place. And apparently Maya is a cradle-robber in terms of her taste in men.

os7Me.png
TSmQH.png
E5XSn.png

Not only is Sudou a schizophrenic magical demon summoning serial killing arsonist, he is also a mad bomber too. He must have had the shittiest parents in the world for a son to turn out like this.

qYW5t.png

This dungeon is pretty unremarkable. Basically, you have to search three floors for four different groups of grade school children to save. This isn't too difficult because Jun won't let you progress to the next floor until you've saved all the children on that floor. There is also a time-limit, but you really won't be in any real danger of running out of the 30 minutes the game gives you. For the first half of the dungeon, there are not even any random encounters.

jRuHf.png
ECzW6.png
kdx8z.png

That's the first two groups down, not-withstanding Katsuya's injured sensibilities.

L0tb2.png
Hv6pP.png

Why do I think he has seriously planned and rehearsed for this occasion...

KB1Xc.png
AruVL.png
47j98.png

Shouldn't even be surprised at this point. Luckily, the demons are weak, this is essentially the last floor, and you should still probably have 15 minutes to burn (no pun intended).

Ig8Ex.png

With the last group safe and sound, we are finally ready to take on Tatsuya Sudou.

VF1wE.png
xUvcX.png
84t4S.png

... Or, the "Deja Vu Boy" who appears to be the same Tatsuya Suou mentioned earlier in the game who is taking on Tatsuya Sudou. Sudou is spouting words, but Jun is more confused more than anything else. Jun states that he can't actually remember what Sudou wants him to remember. But then Maya and company actually arrive on the scene...

pqi49.png
LNSYk.png

Probably easier said than done since Maya still has absolutely no clue what either of them are talking about.

EZk1v.png
qaKXe.png
bTd0d.png

Well... this would be kind of a bind if we did not have an overabundance of people who can possibly defuse this situation. But Sudou just says "screw it" in terms of trying to have Maya remember things, and tries to swing his sword at her.

KFEt0.png
g7XHY.png

... And Jun literally just pushes Sudou down the hole.

rsORD.png

Katsuya is understandably confused that his little brother is skipping school and confronting serial killers. But Tatsuya brushes him off, commanding everyone to head to the largest feature of the Sky Museum; a life-sized model blimp. But the problem is that a model blimp can't fly, unless...

rVnq5.png
X3mtX.png
aFM5j.png

I won't lie, that's actually some pretty clever thinking, especially when considering that when dealing with a known arsonist, you might need a pretty good escape route.

hU4iV.png
RWtUZ.png

Tatsuya also knows Jun's name, despite how Jun remarks that the two never actually met before. But the party senses a resonance...

u5KHu.png
4fryt.png
50nXO.png

He's back, albeit very scorched on the face. There is actually a point in the game that requires you to know the exact amount of times Sudou has said "voices."

EiQDu.png
sIgE7.png

Sudou summons some pretty big bruisers and this is the moment where the game starts to throw a pretty serious boss at you. Yeah, the game as a whole is not as difficult as Persona 4 (even on normal) and never really reaches the levels of masochism as Persona 3 FES on higher difficulties, but you can really get trounced by Sudou if you don't know what you're doing. Yeah, Tatsuya helps you with his persona Apollo. Tatsuya is also 50 levels higher than anyone in the party right now, but given the layout of this fight, you cannot use Tatsuya as a crutch.

LTGiI.png
v8xTC.png
LQ610.png

When Sudou uses his persona (aptly called "Joker"), he sometimes uses a special ability called "Old Maid." Old Maid randomly "infects" a party member. If said party member does anything other than defend, the infected character will spontaneously summon Joker and inflict damage on the entire party. It kinda drags out the battle more, but you essentially have to interrupt your turn and set all party members to defend. Old Maid does varying damage depending on who uses it, but you definitely do not want Tatsuya to be the unfortunate party given how absurdly powerful he is. Thus, the key to this battle is patience.

BzAdc.png
4cL4p.png
iybjx.png

After a tough battle, Sudou is finally slain.

CSm4s.png
P705H.png
8oHxe.png

Katsuya rushes over to Tatsuya as he uses his persona to force open this shutter. Humorously, Tatsuya literally kicks Katsuya off of a crashing blimp without batting an eye. Well, no one has parachutes and the blimp is probably high enough for any person to hit terminal velocity if they are over the ocean, but eh... Maybe their personae will save them. Regardless, Tatsuya commands everyone to jump out of the blimp if they want to live.

M7gHz.png
3nmci.png
lyolD.png

Jun and Maya are the last ones to depart. Jun gives Tatsuya a lighter for reasons even he can't explain. Solemnly, Tatsuya then shoves Jun off the blimp. He tells Maya that she has another chance to return to normalcy, and then shoves her off too.

PUwze.png
IjDJM.png
Y09HX.png

And so crashes one of the main historic attractions of Sumaru City, given new life by an outrageous rumor.

y7Bo4.png
1GBos.png
7oTWb.png

Katsuya initially gets a little worried that Tatsuya isn't there, but Baofu reassures him that Tatsuya probably just didn't want to be bothered with any of them and landed elsewhere. Ulala thinks its all over, but Baofu insinuates that it's only just beginning.Katsuya wants to play this by the book...

qLHvZ.png
AseIp.png
zVGCA.png

Guys, now is not really the time...

1MvnF.png
MqoQD.png

Katsuya gets pissed and parts from the group, determined to handle this conspiracy with the Elder Sudou through the police.

zbqXY.png
VIXYx.png

Ulala is also going to call it quits. For her, the Joker is dead, which really should be the end of the situation. She urges Maya to also consider just dropping things at this point, because it is only going to get worse the more they attempt to pursue the truth. And it doesn't help that they nearly got killed multiple times since chasing the Joker. Baofu is pretty irritated that seemingly everyone is cutting loose now, but Maya is not about to call it quits just yet.

uZxsK.png

While Baofu goes off to do whatever wiretapping hacker mystery men do in their spare time, Maya is left alone with Jun.

WrY3F.png

And with that, the first "Act" is done. I was going to end the update here, but the plot-twist that comes up in literally the next five minutes is actually pretty interesting, so just bare with me a little more.

fMChr.png
w5BPj.png

After the events at the Sky Museum, Jun just kinda wanders to the Araya Shrine located near Seven Sisters High School. He feels he is on the verge of remembering something, but still doesn't know what that "something" is. At this point, there is nothing left to do but to have Maya report to her boss on her clusterfuck of an evening shift (assuming that all the events did take place in this one afternoon. To be honest, the time frames in this game are a little odd when considering no one ever sleeps at an Inn or whatever). But hey, at least Maya got a damn good scoop from all of this...

IymCS.png
1zVWB.png

Maya comes in and apparently her boss is holding a conference with a woman named Chizuru. Chizuru happens to be the Wang Long Fortune Teller. It seems like she is supposed to be of an Asian, yet not Japanese descent, but her English Voice Actor voices Chizuru with a comically thick Russian accent. So... I have no idea.

VsO6u.png
GCc42.png
MjahG.png

Fortune Telling: Telling you all things that you already know. Chizuru departs after this cryptic reading, and Maya's boss demands that Maya make an actual report. So Maya heads out to the main office room.

1ff0v.png

Chizuru is going to reveal who the Joker is? But we already know who the Joker was!

VTp2j.png
NavL1.png
Lk3yV.png

Chizuru is kinda just plugging her Fortune Telling, but she does drop a bit of a bomb shell.

E1xC3.png

So Chizuru is saying that if you called the Joker, you would eventually become a Joker. Well, that can't be true because we already killed Sudou and he definitely would have mentioned something about that. There is no way this rumor will catch... OH SH-

Scenes briefly shift to Baofu, who is wiretapping the Elder Sudou's phone, but he has no idea who Elder Sudou is talking to. Meanwhile, at Sumaru Police HQ...
quei7.png
SnV8U.png
BRg2D.png

Katsuya immediately barges into the office, trying to get some kind of official police assistance on the investigation into Elder Sudou, but the Captain wants to give Katsuya the "early retirement" treatment.

hw1S5.png
4Ibmr.png
6IxHo.png

Looks like this conspiracy has just gotten a lot more complicated.

hOGRa.png

And now all of a sudden we have Joker-esque homicides spontaneously rising. Katsuya insists that the main focus of the investigation should be on the Elder Sudou.

dpovB.png

After being completely shut down and stone-walled by his superiors, Katsuya subsequently storms out.

WA0Jj.png
f1N7e.png
UzUSC.png

The unnamed man with the facial scar chimes in. This is also both the guy who had ties to the taiwanese mafia and whom Baofu deemed important enough to chase after when he bailed on the initial confrontation with Tatsuya Sudou. But there are two Joker callers that catch their eye... One that we don't know about yet, and a Miss Ulala Serizawa.

31Hm5.png

We finally cut to Ulala, who seems to be unloading some stress on a punching bag. But she overhears a nearby conversation...

sXvuq.png

As the two women walk out, Ulala casts her head down slightly. With this rumor spreading like wildfire... now she might be a bit worried.

Danny Dudekisser

After seeing the DDS love-on, I broke this out:

JVN3c.jpg

Kinda kewl. Haven't listened to this stuff in a long time, and I'm listening to it on a way, way, way better sound setup than I've heard it on before. There's a lotta kewl, subtle shit going on in a lot of these songs.

Top Bottom