• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2012 website opened, exhibitor list revealed

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The official website for Tokyo Game Show 2012 was opened today, and the full exhibitor list was revealed.
The event takes place at the Makuhari Messe between September 20-23.

Official website: http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/
Full exhibitor list: http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2012/en/visitor/list/index.html

tgs2012_j_rgbnk9nw.png

"She" main visual by Ippei Gyoubu.

Partial exhibitor list:

General Exhibition Area
  • ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
  • ASCII MEDIA WORKS INC.
  • AVATRIP (Russia)
  • Bushiroad Inc.
  • Capcom Co.,Ltd.
  • China Pavilion (China)
    Guangzhou Aipai Network Technology Co.,Ltd (China)
    Hangzhou Xuanji Science&Technology Information Corporation (China)
    Nanjing Bbmf Information Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
    Nanjing Magic Cube Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
    Nanjing Nine Elements Film TV & Gartoon Co., Ltd. (China)
    NedDragon Websoft Inc. (China)
    Original Force 3D Animation Studio (China)
    Shanghai Giant Network Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
    Shanghai Internationalo Cultural Service and Trade Platform (China)
    Shanxi Bough Animation Company (China)
    Shanxi Huizhong Animation Technology Development Co., Ltd. (China)
    Shengqu Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (China)
    Zhejiang Sinour Industry Co., Ltd. (China)
    Zhejiang Zhongnan Animation Co., Ltd. (China)​
  • D3 PUBLISHER INC.
  • ENTERBRAIN, INC.
  • GameSalad
  • gloops, Inc.
  • G-mode Co., Ltd.
  • GREE, Inc.
  • HAPPINET CORPORATION
  • KONAMI
  • KOZIN-MON/KGS/SOGOGAKUEN HUMANACADEMY
  • LEVEL-5 Inc.
  • MEDAROT INC
  • MORI GAMES CO., LTD.
  • MUNAZO INC.
  • NADESHIKO STYLER
  • NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
  • PROTOTYPE CO., LTD.
  • Scanavo Manufacturing Hong Kong Ltd. (Hong Kong)
  • SECT INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
  • SEGA CORPORATION
  • SIGGRAPH Asia 2012 (Singapore)
  • Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
  • SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
  • SteelSeries (Denmark)
  • Taiwan Game Pavilion (Taiwan)
    Art and Mobile Entertainment Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
    Dept. of Multimedia and Game Science, Lunghwa University of Science and Technology (Taiwan)
    International Games System Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
    MOBAGEL INC. (Taiwan)
    X-LEGEND Entertainment Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)
    XPEC Entertainment Inc. (Taiwan)
    Taiwan External Trade Development Council (Taiwan)​
  • TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD.
  • VUZIX Corporation (USA)
  • Wizards of the Coast LLC (USA)
  • Zhejiang Pavilion (China)
    FanFan Comic Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
    Hangzhou StarQ Information Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
    Zhejiang Dishun Tech. Co., Ltd. (China)
    Zhejiang Zhongnan Group Cartoon and Animation Television Co., Ltd. (China)​
No Microsoft and Nintendo this year, though Sony is exhibiting as usual. There's probably no reason to anticipate any Orbis/PlayStation 4 reveal, but perhaps we'll get a tiny tidbit about The Last Guardian. Or at least some Vita goodies.

While Tokyo Game Show is clearly not what it has been in terms of promotions and coverage (though attendance levels are as high as ever, with a record number of 222,000 last year), maybe it can bring something to wash that bad taste of E3 2012 out of our mouths. If not, there is always cosplay to watch. Public tickets range from ¥1,000 to ¥3,000, and will be available starting 11th of July.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No Atlus/Index Corp.?

No Persona 5. :(

Carbonox

Only interested in Square-Enix, Capcom and Kojima Productions. I'm hoping we get news on Versus XIII but I'd settle for XIII-3 being announced.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
He's right. I've heard they'll have at least something.

I hope FFX HD will also be there too.

Is Sony gonna have a TGS conference?

Unless Versus XIII is less than 1.5 years close to release I wouldn't even bother with a trailer...

It'll release next year in Japan

OMG! Release date 2012? I can finally pre-order!

In all seriousness, do you just expect another teaser trailer? Or something more substantial?

They've never settled with 'teaser' trailers for Versus XIII - they've always been pretty meaty, despite it being absent most of the time, I don't expect this will be any different, it'll show more than we've seen before

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think the time for reckoning has come for some Japanese titles, meaning the Last Guardian and FF versus 13. If they don't have a presence this year, I think they won't come out this generation anymore.

salromano

No Atlus/Index Corp.?

No Persona 5. :(

I don't think Atlus ever attends the Tokyo Game Show officially (at least, I don't ever remember them attending). What they did last year with Persona 4 Arena, IIRC, was had it at Arc System Works' booth. Before that, with Catherine, I think it was at Konami's booth as a partner title.

So yeah. Don't lost hope!

The_Monk

There are public access days. Although the lines to try the popular stuff are way too long, you can still have a lot of fun.

That is very nice, but from Europe to Japan goes a lott of effort for my wallet right now. And I'm more interested with talking or take a look at the media and the Marketing work people do in there.

iavi

I just want to know about more SEGA DD plans. Seeing that they have some JP catered ones - ala VOOT - in the works (and that they'll be localized) is all I'm hoping for out of this year's show.

E: Oh, and from Squeenix, Versus XIII - a release date, hopefully. If it's yet another nondescript trailer they can keep it.

Shahed

Likely just a trailer....

Well as long as they show more of the world, more of the battle system and other odds and ends, I'll be happy. Hey at least progress is being made. Compared to what we know about TLG...

Saying that, would you expect this at Sony's event or Square's? With it being exclusive (as of now anyway), it wouldn't be that surprising to see it at SCEJ's conference right? That way SE can focus on all the other random titles for handhelds and the like.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well as long as they show more of the world, more of the battle system and other odds and ends, I'll be happy. Hey at least progress is being made. Compared to what we know about TLG...

Saying that, would you expect this at Sony's event or Square's? With it being exclusive (as of now anyway), it wouldn't be that surprising to see it at SCEJ's conference right? That way SE can focus on all the other random titles for handhelds and the like.

SE typically doesn't do TGS events, but they usually have Shinji Hashimoto show up at SCE's conference with new trailers/announcements. Last year for example, he announced FFX HD.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just a friendly reminder that Nintendo never attends but always holds some sort of Fall Conference, usually right before TGS. I'd expect a huge Wii U blow out then.

Just a friendly reminder that Nintendo never attends but always holds some sort of Fall Conference, usually right before TGS. I'd expect a huge Wii U blow out then.

This would be that "mysterious" even where they announce the Japanese 3rd party support, right? Can't wait for some late ports!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This would be that "mysterious" even where they announce the Japanese 3rd party support, right? Can't wait for some late ports!

The sad thing is late ports would still be better than Wii's 3rd party launch support.

You'd have to be a masochist to get your hopes up for anything related to The Last Guardian or Versus XIII. Have you all learned nothing from E3.

Top Bottom