• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoW has nothing on CoD3's new footage

BigBoss

One thing I hope they fixed is the spawning enemies inside houses and other buildings, clearing a house was a real pain on the veteran difficulty.

dark10x said:
I might actually try and finish this one up tonight. I'm still very sick of WWII games, but I need some FPS action and CoD2 is pretty solid feeling.
I'm not sure how far you got, but I found a lot of the later levels much better than the early levels in CoD2. I'm not the biggest fan of the game but some of the American levels are really good.

jarosh

one thing's for certain: this DOES look better than cod2 and not only marginally

oh and the X is DEFINITELY an xbox360 X

snatches

When I was playing through CoD2 on my home theater rig I know next gen had arrived. Later 360 titles have cemented that fact (oblivion, graw, etc.) but playing through CoD2 on Veteran was a truly mind blowing experience with the sound cranked up on a big screen. And I also, had tired of WWII games. But this had a level of polish that others lacked. I can't wait for this sequel, especially if they fix the multiplayer.

Gek54

Hopefully you can turn off that DOF crap, no game is going to tell me what I should be focusing on.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Guns N' Poops said:
The lightning is kind of dull compared to CoD2, but yes. There is way more happening.

Probably because of the scenario the video is in. The more bright levels should look really awesome.

and I love CoD explosions <3

Tieno

X button in COD2:

cod2-360.jpg

Very different from COD3

cod3ps3.jpg

antiloop

Now where is the PS3 version? I want more light sources.

BTW who was it that stated more light sources for the PS3 version?

snatches said:
Give me a break it is a ****ing blue x button it is the 360 version....can we drop it?
but, but, but the X button on the PS3 is blue with a black background...

they totally stole that from microsoft, btw.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tieno said:
X button in COD2:

http://users.pandora.be/tieno/cod2-360.jpg

Very different from COD3

[IMG]http://users.pandora.be/tieno/cod3ps3.jpg[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean jack shit. It's the X360 version. [b]FACT[/b]. Let's complain about something else please

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
We had this same discussion before, with these same videos, only they were in low resolution. It's an Xbox 360 X button, and in another video you can see LT (left trigger) and RT (right trigger) mentioned too.

GreekWolf said:
While the CoD3 footage does look very good (I'm seriously impressed), it's nowhere near being in the same league as the Gears of War gameplay footage from E3.

For comparison ->http://moses.gametrailers.com/strea...short::m:t_gearsofwar_gp_e36_gt_h264::m:black
(right-click then copy and paste link to open the video)

I'm definitely picking both games up. They look amazing to me.

No sir
The framerate is terrible in GoW. What else? Yeah the setting is so dark, it helps relieving the details, maybe it is because the gameplay was captured from a LCD. One more thing, the number of characters on screen at once is so few.

duk

Banned
acousticvan said:
No sir
The framerate is terrible in GoW. What else? Yeah the setting is so dark, it helps relieving the details, maybe it is because the gameplay was captured from a LCD. One more thing, the number of characters on screen at once is so few.

since cliffy said final game will be at 30fps that is fine and how do we know how many characters can be the on the screen at once?

GreekWolf

acousticvan said:
No sir
# 1 - It's already been confirmed by Mark Rein that the E3 footage in that vid was running on one thread. The fact that the game runs as well as it does in that state is pretty damn amazing. Epic now has it running multi-threaded. Frame-rate won't be an issue.

# 2 - The vid is dark due to being captured from the Microsoft press conference on a projection screen. If you had watched it to the end when the audience claps, you probably would've figured that out.

# 3 - At one point, I counted two soldiers, five xenomorphs and two firing helicopters on screen at the same time, each loaded with more detail than the characters in the CoD3 vid.

Any more questions? :)

Tieno

I don't know wether I like or dislike the blur effect when you shoot. It might get annoying after a while.

GreekWolf said:
# 1 - It's already been confirmed by Mark Rein that the E3 footage in that vid was running on one thread. The fact that the game runs as well as it does in that state is pretty damn amazing. Epic now has it running multi-threaded. Frame-rate won't be an issue.

# 2 - The vid is dark due to being captured from the Microsoft press conference on a projection screen. If you had watched it to the end when the audience claps, you probably would've figured that out.

# 3 - At one point, I counted two soldiers, five xenomorphs and two firing helicopters on screen at the same time, each loaded with more detail than the characters in the CoD3 vid.

Any more questions? :)

1. Wait and see

2. Even from the trailer it is still dark and you know that. It is a way of cheating in video game development.

3. That's it?

btrboyev

I doubt they would even show off the ps3 version..the x360 version is the main platform with the ps3 version being a port. The x360 version is probably further along in development.

and CoD2 definately has some framerate issues..its not bad really but its noticeable.

Tieno

acousticvan said:
No sir
Ninety Nine Nights is the best looking game.

mxz

How many generations of consoles it will take to DO THE FRICKIN' GRENADE PROPERLY. Just look at it, it's Counterstrike 0.4 Beta. Grenade falls on the floor in a building with small rooms and doorways. Grenade explodes with a particle and smoke effect, health is reduced to all in radius X. No walls, doors, windows, clothes - nothing even moves.

I bet that you could throw a grenade into a pile of bodies (who all have the same death animation, at least in the vid) - there'd be a bang and nothing would happen.

More power = more polys, increase texture resolution, a few new particle effects = A NEW COD GAME!

GreekWolf

acousticvan said:
1. Wait and see

2. Even from the trailer it is still dark and you know that. It is a way of cheating in video game development.

3. That's it?
Alright dude, I ain't gonna argue about it. I've already offered proof, and if all you can say is "wait and see" then there's nothing here to discuss.

gears16.jpg

Notice the pitch black room with the gameplay presentation. Look at the high level of detail on the walls and on Marcus. But I guess according to you, that's "cheating" since they obviously should've held the conference in a greenhouse.

Like I said, both games look fantastic. I'm picking up both on launch day. But Gears looks better.

Nozi

Banned
Subject matter aside, the particle effects and framerate are much better. Those explosions are amazing.

acousticvan said:
1. Wait and see

3. That's it?
Wow you really want to get banned huh?

1) We already know this
2) The trailer dark because that is the gameplay setting. WTF to your comment on "Oh yeah... since the graphics engine sucks lets just make everything at night to look better." *ROLL EYES*
3) Your insults to a game that has already achieved greatness because of a chainsaw on a gun is pathetic.

Now please move along.

JoeFenix

What exactly are you guys looking at? All i see are super old trailers and the most recent one is june 11th and is not very impressive.....

I am confused!!!

Top Bottom