• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Printed some out the other day and they're Fantastic. Hope the photos are not too large. I went to UPS, was charged to use their computer[$3] and roughly 30¢ or more to print out each one on gloss paper. Thankfully sizing was not an issue at all and they all came out nicely! I'd do a try cover to make sure everything is to your liking

2012-07-18165707.jpg

2012-07-18165748.jpg

2012-07-18165901.jpg
Good Job Everybody! Keep on at it with this thread. They're tons of new releases that's are out and will be coming out Fall through the Holiday season that could use some awesome box art.

cj_iwakura

I realized that the only good way to make a custom cover for Castle Shikigami 1 & 2 would be to do it myself, so uh... anyone got a good PS2 template handy?

kitsunisan

Neo Member
PSY・S;40058495 said:
I guess we're never getting that Vita template?

challengeaccepted.jpg

I made a rough template for the Vita, and by rough I mean completely untested. I don't have a working printer, and this is my first template from scratch. I need someone to be a guinea pig here and test it out. I'd really like to know how the blue banner and logos look compared to the original. Could someone let me know? If this checks out I'll upload the blank template, just don't want anyone jumping the gun and using this until I know it's right. The blue banner and all the text with it are separate layers so you can change it however you like.

Edit-Version 2 up, managed to get to a printer and it turns out I was about a half inch off on the size. This should do it.

Tevious

I made a 3D template for custom PS3 inside covers. Maybe someone can get a script working and fix the grid lines because apparently my version of Photoshop doesn't let me do that.

Instructions:
1. Paste your inside box art as a new layer and scale it to line up to the darkened area; or to the layer called "Plastic Fade Bottom".
2. Make a copy of your new layer. One should go just below the "Plastic Fade Bottom" layer, and one on top.
3. Change opacity of your top copy to 60-70%.
4. Hide the "Reflection" layer for a moment and Merge Visible layers. Rotate image by 180 degrees, flip horizontally, and copy.
5. Undo all of step 4, paste the image as a new layer and line it up with and on top of the "Reflection" layer, but below the "Plastic Fade Top" layer.
6. Make sure the copied layer is selected, then go into Layer in the menu and choose "Group with Previous" (Ctrl+G) and then change opacity of the layer to 60 percent.
7. Turn on the Case Shadow layer.
8. Resize the image to your liking and Save As a *.PNG file.

Here are some I did:

Demon's Souls

Grand Theft Auto 4

Metal Gear Solid 4

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Tevious

If you had it professionally done with a printing service, they might be able to do it. You'd need a better printer than most home ones, I'd think. But you're right, we might need some template that automatically aligns them up right on an A6 size paper. Maybe make the inside one just a little bigger in case it doesn't line up perfectly.

Etzer

I plan on replaying Trace Memory when I get my 3DS XL in a couple of weeks, so I put together a custom cover for it. Just thought I'd share it here.

Etzer

^nice! im using this, and might finally play this game when my XL arrives, thanks man.
Yeah! Although it's very short (you could beat it in a day if you want to), it has an interesting story and I think it's more than worth it at the prices you can find it for today (lol $2.99 used at GameStop).

That is gorgeous.
:) Thanks!

Some more...

Cave Story 3D (using artwork from the Japanese release):

Now with inside cover, like KI:U:

Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past:

and Time Hollow:

Ok, since no one else was going to do it, I figured I should give making a 3DS template a shot. :p I used ImNotSteven's Cave Story box as a base for this, so thanks for that! (Beautiful box, by the way)

If you have any suggestions feel free to tell me. Also feel free to add on to it and make it better.

Link to the template: Here

Now that we got that out of the way, I made a couple of Kid Icarus covers with it.

Minimal banners

kid-icarus-cover-minimal-display.png

Download:Here

Normal banners

kid-icarus-cover-normal-display.png

Ok, since no one else was going to do it, I figured I should give making a 3DS template a shot. :p I used ImNotSteven's Cave Story box as a base for this, so thanks for that! (Beautiful box, by the way)

If you have any suggestions feel free to tell me. Also feel free to add on to it and make it better.

Now that we got that out of the way, I made a couple of Kid Icarus covers with it.

Minimal banners

Normal banners

Wow that is impressive. Are you going to do one for Tales of the Abyss?

Minimal banners

Normal banners

O_O You're fantastic! I hope we see more 3ds coves with your template now

xillyriax

Picked this up today from the BBY sale so I made some covers for it. Click for the download file

If there's a need/want, I'll throw up the X360 version as well

ProtagonistZero

Neo Member
Not much that really sits right on a cover.

Fixed the links. 8 people downloaded these two and not one person mentioned the fact that I uploaded the 3d box art, not a printable image.

There is a definite need/want!

I found some art that would look pretty awesome on a cover, but I don't know how to do these awesome things you do. Yours looks really nice. Do you have one with the name on the spine?

kitsunisan

Neo Member
Forgot all about the spine, I'll fix that up tonight.

I've got the collector's edition of Mass Effect 3, and I'm sure I'm going to break the disk taking it out of there so I made a cover for it. Someone else had this idea for a wallpaper, I changed it up a bit to fit a cover. triggercini at Deviantart did the render of Femshep. No idea why I tried the barcode, but it'snot on the download.

noiseman

Neo Member
Protagonist, Fusionedd, thank you so much for the kind words. Personally, I can see several flaws, but i wont point them out :p

also, those eden covers are gorgeous! especially the whale

Top Bottom