• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Games release date & price updates, also possible launnch date

Lo-Volt said:
CoD3 could be $60? **** that.

Ya rly WTF. I love the console Call of Duty games, but they aren't worth $60. Guess I'll wait a few months or so for it to hit that sweet $30 price point.

WordAssassin said:
Guys, look at the first game on the list. It's Elebits, and it comes out on October 2nd. So do Spongebob Wii and Avatar Wii. Why would they ship three games out over a month before they would be allowed to be sold? Also, what day is October 1st? A Sunday.

Wii launch = October 1st?

Wii launch lineup = Zelda, Wii Sports, Wario Ware Smooth Mooves, Elebits, Avatar, and Spongebob?

Also the Street Date on Happy Feet is November 14th because the movie hits theatres November 17th.

Because Rayman is a launch and its scheduled for November 14'th.

WordAssassin said:
The N64 launched with three games. The GCN had, what, five? The Wii looks like it'll have around 7-10 launch DAY and then a very nice flow for the rest of the launch window. IF it launches on the 1st of October, anyways.

What GC launch did you go to? :lol

It had around 15 games.

Big titles were Luigi, Wave Race, Star Wars, Madden, Tony, Cel Damage, Monkey Ball.

Smaller titles were Universal Studies and the like.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jamesinclair said:
What GC launch did you go to? :lol It had around 15 games. Big titles were Luigi, Wave Race, Star Wars, Madden, Tony, Cel Damage, Monkey Ball. Smaller titles were Universal Studies and the like.

In North America had 12. All-Star Baseball 2002, Batman Vengeance, Crazy Taxi, Dave Mirra BMX 2, Disney's Tarzan Unlimited, Luigi's Mansion, Madden NFL 2002, NHL Hitz 20-02, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, and Wave Race: Blue Storm.

In Japan, it had 3: Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, and Wave Race: Blue Storm.

Johnas

Not directing it at the OP (thanks for sharing) but I'm about fed up with all this vague launch info. Would it kill Nintendo to just say it already? It's not like Sony's gonna get the jump on 'em and release earlier or anything.

fresquito

Ancestor said:
Not directing it at the OP (thanks for sharing) but I'm about fed up with all this vague launch info. Would it kill Nintendo to just say it already? It's not like Sony's gonna get the jump on 'em and release earlier or anything.
Not Sony, but MS is sure observing every move Nintendo may do to choose whether they will do a price drop or not.

MrDaravon

Anytime you see the first of a month as a date, it's a placeholder. You'll also notice that the 11/1 is a Wednesday, and games 99% ship on Tuesdays, so all those 11/1 games mean jack. All the 11/7 games indicate a launch within a week of that either way though. Nintendo's always released systems on Sundays (?), but that doesn't mean they'll necessarily do it this time around. I still think the 14th would be a horrible date for them, if nothing else hardcores picking up both systems will have less money to spend on wii games.

LukeSmith

Vieo said:
I think he's referring to post-TGS after Sony has unveiled 4D MGS4 and a revamped DualShake3 that has vibration, a speaker, and splits in two with a motion sensor in each half.

But it wouldn't quite be copying Nintendo unless they used the tech inside the PS2, right?

Not trying to sound like a trouble maker here, but I just can't imagine paying $60 for COD3 on the Wii when a graphically superior version sits right next to it on the PS3 and X360 for the same price. Are there really going to be $60 Wii games? I think $50 is really stretching it for reasons I won't go into now, but $60 seems a tad maniacal IMO. Also, why in the world is Monkey Ball $60?

Vandiger

$50 for Metal Gear Anthology, $60 games from sega and activision. I guess I'll just wait till everything settles down, prices like that are insane :p

aechris said:
I went into TRU today and the guy at the counter (which means shit-all I know) said there is a launch date set :)lol) and that they will be getting them in "start of November" (he couldn't remember exactly what day. Still worth nothing, but another pointer towards that "Nov. 2" date.

As a side and a little anecdotal addition, I was the 9th person since they opened preorders in April to preorder a Wii, compared to the 40+ they had already gotten for PS3s.

TRU is accepting pre-orders?

REV 09

this launch kinda sucks in my opinion. Zelda should be ace, and i think Metroid will be good as well, but i think that got delayed right? Anyways, other than Zelda, which speaking truthfully is a delayed gamecube port, i see nothing on the list that i would even consider purchasing.

The really big game is Mario Galaxy...can't wait for that.

Burnst

Ok, so it's going to be out around 10/02, 10/24, 10/31, 11/01, 11/07, 11/10 or 11/14..... **** Nintendo! Give us the date already!

Vandiger said:
$50 for Metal Gear Anthology, $60 games from sega and activision. I guess I'll just wait till everything settles down, prices like that are insane :p

Metal Slug Anthology is well worth $50 dollars.

So, this seems to indicate that Wii will launch the same week as PS3? Great. Well, at least we only need to wait until Sept. 14 (at the latest) to get off this damn roller coaster.

Symytry

Burnst said:
Ok, so it's going to be out around 10/02, 10/24, 10/31, 11/01, 11/07, 11/10 or 11/14..... **** Nintendo! Give us the date already!

We'll probably get the date and price at TGS.

Burnst

Symytry said:
We'll probably get the date and price at TGS.
I know, but shit, I'm starting an internet-riot..

When does Nintendo historicly reveal release dates? It's hard to check with google..

Link316

Banned
Arsenal said:
I'd expect that to change, I highly doubt they will actually try to charge $60 when every other 3rd party is only going $50.

Sega might, Activision however has been very vocal about pushing games to $59 MSRP

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I doubt any of these dates are anywhere set in stone. They are most likely "mid november" placeholders.

aechris

MiamiWesker said:
TRU is accepting pre-orders?

I placed one today. The guy said they'd been open for a long time; maybe it's a Canada thing? Maybe I got lucky with just this store or something.

Future Shop and EB aren't yet. :/

Yeah, Happy Feet is coming out on a whole bunch of systems on the same date, and it's street dated because a lot of licensed movie games are that way for some reason.

From what I'm hearing (and unfortunately I can't go into detail for various reasons) everyone will be happy with the release date and the price(s) of the system(s). FWIW, no one has guessed the release date in this thread.

DreD

Craig Majaski said:
Yeah, Happy Feet is coming out on a whole bunch of systems on the same date, and it's street dated because a lot of licensed movie games are that way for some reason.

From what I'm hearing (and unfortunately I can't go into detail for various reasons) everyone will be happy with the release date and the price(s) of the system(s). FWIW, no one has guessed the release date in this thread.

Multiple SKU?

ZeoVGM

Banned
why is this not locked?

there are no game release dates and there is absolutely no "possible launch date" in this thread.

that is NOTHING but placeholder dates gamestop/eb has in their computers so that people can preorder them. they need SOME kind of date obviously.

also, there are NO game prices announced. so stop flipping out about a $60 game being on there.

placeholders people.

MrDaravon

Craig Majaski said:

Uh oh, here comes 10 more pages

KINGMOKU

Craig Majaski said:

Man, this is wrong. You now it, and I know it.

Tease us like this, you...you...bastard.

Got any more info? :D

No one got the release date right? Hmmm. Did anyone come close even?

suaveric

moku said:
Man, this is wrong. You now it, and I know it.

Tease us like this, you...you...bastard.

Got any more info? :D

No one got the release date right? Hmmm. Did anyone come close even?

I'm not sure he knows the correct date, but by looking at the dates in this thread I know none of them are right. Nintendo releases systems on Sundays and none of the dates mentioned so far are a Sunday.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
suaveric said:
I'm not sure he knows the correct date, but by looking at the dates in this thread I know none of them are right. Nintendo releases systems on Sundays and none of the dates mentioned so far are a Sunday.

More like "Nintendo has released systems on a Sunday, and I don't have a clue whether or not the Wii will come out on a Sunday!"

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Happy Feet hits theaters on the 17th, which is why the game is street dated.

I think we're all missing the most awesome part of the Wii launch here: the sweet Elebits toys that you get when you pre-order the game!

suaveric

Stumpokapow said:
More like "Nintendo has released systems on a Sunday, and I don't have a clue whether or not the Wii will come out on a Sunday!"

Going back to the N64 (probably farther), they've ALWAYS released on a Sunday. Anything is possible, but I don't see why they'd change that now.

-Rogue5-

AniHawk said:
No Nintendo games are reservable period.

sf.gif

Where/what is that from... looks hilarious.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
suaveric said:
Going back to the N64 (probably farther), they've ALWAYS released on a Sunday. Anything is possible, but I don't see why they'd change that now.

N64 Japan Launch: June 23rd, 1996 (sunday)
N64 USA Launch: September 29th, 1996 (sunday)

GBA Japan Launch: March 21st, 2001 (wednesday)
GBA USA Launch: June 11th, 2001 (monday)

GameCube Japan Launch: September 14th, 2001 (friday)
GameCube USA Launch: November 18th 2001 (sunday)

GBASP Japan launch: February 14th, 2003 (friday)
GBASP USA launch: March 23rd, 2003 (sunday)

Nintendo DS Japan launch: December 2nd, 2004. (thursday)
Nintendo DS USA launch: November 21st, 2004. (sunday)

Nintendo DS Lite Japan launch: March 2nd, 2006 (wednesday)
Nintendo DS Lite USA launch: June 11th, 2006 (saturday)

Certainly they have launched more often than usual on Sunday, but it's certainly not a 100% thing, even less so if you include Japan, and there's no reason to believe they are scheduling a launch for a Sunday as opposed to any other day.

suaveric

Stumpokapow said:
N64 Japan Launch: June 23rd, 1996 (sunday)
N64 USA Launch: September 29th, 1996 (sunday)

GBA Japan Launch: March 21st, 2001 (wednesday)
GBA USA Launch: June 11th, 2001 (monday)

GameCube Japan Launch: September 14th, 2001 (friday)
GameCube USA Launch: November 18th 2001 (sunday)

GBASP Japan launch: February 14th, 2003 (friday)
GBASP USA launch: March 23rd, 2003 (sunday)

Nintendo DS Japan launch: December 2nd, 2004. (thursday)
Nintendo DS USA launch: November 21st, 2004. (sunday)

Nintendo DS Lite Japan launch: March 2nd, 2006 (wednesday)
Nintendo DS Lite USA launch: June 11th, 2006 (saturday)

Certainly they have launched more often than usual on Sunday, but it's certainly not a 100% thing, even less so if you include Japan, and there's no reason to believe they are scheduling a launch for a Sunday as opposed to any other day.

DSLite was a Sunday, not a Saturday. Which only leaves the the GBA as a Monday launch according to you. I can't remember that far back, so I'll take your word on that one. And I was only referring to US launches of Nintendo hardware, I highly doubt we'd get the system the same day as Japan over here (probably within two weeks of each other is my guess).

So I'd still say the chances are extremely high that it hits on a Sunday here in the US.

Top Bottom