• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2012 Backlog Blitz - Where we give the middle finger to Steam sales

Alpha Protocol is beaten. Fun game, but the ammount of unfinished/unpolished parts in it really pushed it.

Consider Crusader Kings II beaten also, since I achieved a set goal of uniting Ireland and finally feal that I haven´t understood Paradox strategy titles. A small goal perhaps, but it took me longer than many other items in the list.

The DLC for Fallout: New Vegas is the only major item remaining in my backlog now. I did buy both Pixeljunk Eden and Saints Row 3 and haven´t beaten them, but I only bought to play around a bit with, so I won´t count them.

Now playing
Defence Grid
The Witcher 2
Gabriel Knight 1

Bought - 4
PixelJunk Eden
Gabriel Knight 1 (GOG)
Saints Row 3
Crusader Kings II

Beaten - 14
Gemini Rue
Gray Matter
Ghost Trick
The Witcher 2
Shogun 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Defence Grid
Back to the Future: The Game
Renegade Ops DLC
Skyrim
Rock of Ages
VVVVVV
Crusader Kings II
Alpha Protocol

Remaining backlog
Fallout: New Vegas DLC - have only just started Dead Money
Gabriel Knight 1
The Last Express
Trine 2 - a couple of levels left in coop.

ghibli99

Almost finished with the dark world levels of Rapture in Super Meat Boy. Brutal. Closing in on the final phases of this game.

Also nearing the end of my Dragon Quest IV replay (last time was in last '09). Less than 20 hours in, so it's gone faster than I thought. Around level 30-33.

The Last Story shipped... still haven't started Xenoblade Chronicles. :p

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I'll give this a shot.

Here's my backloggery.

Bought in 2012
Bastion (PC)
Braid (PC)
LIMBO (PC)
Psychonauts (PC)
Darksiders (PS3)
Superbrothers: Swords & Sorcery EP (PC)
The Darkness 2 (360)
The Witcher 2 (360)
Shadows of the Damned (360)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom (360)
SOCOM 4 (PS3)
Trine 2 (PS3)

Bought in 2011
Demons' Souls (PS3)
Skyrim (PS3)
Resistance 3 (PS3)

Completed in 2012
Resistance 3

EDIT: WOOHOO I just finished Resistance 3, so I'm currently -14, with RE6 and BF3 Premium Edition still incoming this year. Ugh.

Now for what to start next... I'm thinking SOCOM 4. I may also just sell Shadows of the Damned since I don't really have an urge to finish it.

ghibli99

Just 100%'d Super Meat Boy! :D

20120822_smb_100.jpg

One of the hardest and most fulfilling platformers I've ever played. Don't ask me about the Steam version... I have it, but some of those achievements are just ridiculous. Still have some negative worlds and Teh Internets, but for all intents and purposes, I'm done.

That puts me at +15. Can't believe September is right around the corner...

ghibli99

Congrats on the Super Meat boy 100percent!

Just beat Darksiders II in under 27 hours!
Thanks man! I ended up powering through all the negative/glitch worlds, so now I'm sitting at 106%.

Also just beat VVVVVV w/ all 20 trinkets. Doing Things The Hard Way was... wow.

Talk about mind games! :p

I'm at +16 now. My hands are pretty beat after my DKCR, SMB, VVVVVV marathon. Might be time to get back to Persona 4.

guest1321

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -25
Beat in 2012: +28
Current Score: 3

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Dyad $
  • Portal 2

Backlog Priorities:
  • Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception $
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time $
  • Resistance 2 $
  • Resistance 3 $
  • Forza Motorsport 4 [aiming for 100%]
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Metal Gear $
  • Metal Gear 2 $
  • Metal Gear Solid $
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $
  • Super Meat Boy

Impressions:

Mortal Kombat Vita (4/5) - First off, I haven't played a fighting game since Tekken on the PS2. That game was great, but I never really got into it beyond picking it up with a friend for an hour. So it was to my complete surprise when I popped in Mortal Kombat and I was hooked. I think it was the gameplay more than anything but having little to no exposure to the variety of attacks and characters made it feel so fresh compared to what I've currently been playing. I can't say the story was especially important for me but I found it interesting how they were able to tie in so many characters and place a story around them without it getting boring. I can see the story mode being similar to that of a Call of Duty game to a first-timer in that it is a tutorial for multiplayer modes and other facets of the game (challenge tower/spec ops). It served as a great way to introduce me to the players and learn their skill sets which I can take to multiplayer (which I haven't tried) and also the challenge tower. So now that I've brought it up I should mention that I'm only about 15 challenges in on each tower. I liked them plenty but not to the extent that I wanted to grind through them. I think they'll serve as a good go-to when I'm short on time similar to many iPhone games. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone at $10 and while I don't know what the console versions have over the vita version I would say there is a whole lot more than $10 worth of content.

Heavy Rain (3/5) - Okay, I get the whole trying a different approach to a game and make it an interactive experience, and to that extent I thought it was cool. Actually, I had no problem getting used to the gameplay for the first half of the game and thought it was really good. Then I started to get into the meat of the game and I really started to like it. Then the last quarter of the game really ruined it. I got annoyed with the controls, I got annoyed with the game presenting me with options that didn't matter then sprinkling in one or two that do. I really liked the concept and really wanted to like the game but by the end I was so frustrated with how difficult it was to act upon the game through the medium of poor control mechanics, that I just did not care. I got to a point where I wanted the game to just end, I didn't care what the outcome was. If the goal was to get an emotional response from me, then David Cage succeeded; however, it was not the response I nor he (I believe) was intending upon. I do give this game a lot of credit for what it tried to achieve, and I was also a fan of the story until I got to frustrated to care. I'm not sure how I feel about Beyond: Two Souls now, as that was a primary reason for me purchasing the game.

Starhawk (3.5/5) - I know this game is really about the multiplayer but I couldn't stand to jump into a multiplayer game at the moment and will wait to really give it a shot some time later. That being said, what I did play felt similar to war hawk but at the same time not. I jumped into the single player thinking it would be a good tutorial but found myself liking it for the missions and the story as well. Although the story was not overly compelling it served as a good way to introduce new things and the characters seemed to have a reasonable dynamic that tied them together. It was relatively fast paced and didn't penalize you hugely for making mistakes. I got annoyed once or twice but it was nothing more than feeling stupid for taking to many risks. The controls felt good and the visuals were fairly snappy. I don't know what the fps is on this game (30 probably, right?) but they did a good making it feel like more. The art style felt similar to Warkhawk with the exception of QTE's but I didn't find it to take away or give value. It was brief, sensible, and enjoyable, but by no means great. Am I happy I played it? Yes. Would I recommend it to a friend? Probably not.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (3.5/5) - I've got to say I'm not 100% on how I feel. I liked it a lot, but I was bored by it a lot. The story was certainly engaging, the characters were interesting, and the constant twists kept my engaged. Having just *finished* MGS4 and not having played the first I don't know if I would feel different having a background in the series that was more applicable to this game. All that aside, I thought the stealth was pretty good, but wasn't great. I hated the top down view with an absolute passion but pushed onward. For the most part I wanted to play stealth like but there were certainly times were I wanted to pull out my socom and kill everyone in the room. For the most part I was fine with the gameplay though. I think the underlying meanings in the game was the most off-putting. I felt like the game was just spewing conspiracy crap while trying to be sneaky about it but at the same time upfront. Maybe that is just a weird reaction to game but maybe I should just a weird label on this one.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (2.5/5) - Do you like clunky games where you can't jump? Oversized characters that slowly move around a redundant feeling map that is filled with overly recycled pieces so much that you don't know if you've walked through the same damn corridor three times already? Perhaps that last sentence was a bit extreme but the amount of times I found myself walking through a level and opening a door only to find the next corridor looked borderline exactly the same, and just as the previous contained no ammo, no enemies, and no visual awe was extremely high. So level design aside, the gameplay was not offering much either. Repeatedly smash this button to melee or pull the trigger to shoot was generic and boring. Visually this game was not spectacular, and the story was an uninteresting pile of garbage. I was entirely disappointed after hearing the praise on GAF and having played with Warhammer models when I was younger. It worked and it wasn't glitchy so I will give them that but damn, this game was a let down.

$ - indicates game was purchased in 2012
+ - inidicated game was a PS+ freebie or was free in some other form, no points are awarded to these titles.

dolphx

Neo Member
http://howlongtobeat.com/userpage.php?username=dolph

Purchased in 2012: -27
  • LA Noire DLC (XBox 360)
  • Bulletstorm (XBox 360)
  • Yesterday (Steam)
  • The Next Big Thing (Steam)
  • Memento Mori 2 (PC)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
  • Lost Chronicles of Zerzura (PC)
  • Alter Ego (PC)
  • A New Beginning (PC)
  • Gothic (Steam)
  • Gothic 2 Gold Edition (Steam)
  • Gothic 3 (Steam)
  • Diablo 3
  • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty(Steam)
  • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (Steam)
  • Commandos 2: Men of Courage (Steam)
  • Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (Steam)
  • Journey (PSN)
  • Trials Evolution (XBLA)
  • Mutant Mudds (3DS)
  • Pushmo (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land 2: Land of the Golden Coins (3DS)
  • Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (XBLA)
  • Secret Files 3 (PC)
Beaten in 2012: +23
  • 15 Days (PC)
  • Halo Anniversary (XBox 360)
  • LA Noire Main-Story (XBox 360)
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
  • DJ Hero (XBox 360)
  • DJ Hero 2 (XBox360)
  • Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
  • The Next Big Thing (Steam)
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episode 3 (Steam)
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episode 4 (Steam)
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episode 5 (Steam)
  • Grim Fandango (PC)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
  • Alter Ego (PC)
  • Memento Mori 2 (PC)
  • Mario Kart: Super Curcuit (3DS)
  • Journey (PS3)
  • Trials Evolution (XBLA)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (XBLA)
  • Super Mario Bros (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land 2 (3DS)
  • Secret Files 3 (PC)
Total: -5

Currently Playing:
  • LA Noire DLC (XBox360)
  • Bulletstorm (XBox360)
  • Skyrim (Steam)
  • Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe (PC)
  • Desperados (PC)
  • Diablo 3 (PC)
  • Mutant Mudds (3DS)
  • Pullblox (3DS)
  • A New Beginning (PC)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

Ledsen

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (2.5/5) - Do you like clunky games where you can't jump? Oversized characters that slowly move around a redundant feeling map that is filled with overly recycled pieces so much that you don't know if you've walked through the same damn corridor three times already? Perhaps that last sentence was a bit extreme but the amount of times I found myself walking through a level and opening a door only to find the next corridor looked borderline exactly the same, and just as the previous contained no ammo, no enemies, and no visual awe was extremely high. So level design aside, the gameplay was not offering much either. Repeatedly smash this button to melee or pull the trigger to shoot was generic and boring. Visually this game was not spectacular, and the story was an uninteresting pile of garbage. I was entirely disappointed after hearing the praise on GAF and having played with Warhammer models when I was younger. It worked and it wasn't glitchy so I will give them that but damn, this game was a let down.

As a fellow WH40K fan I can sympathize with this. I felt the game failed to take advantage of the rich mythos and amounted to little more than an average, bland hack n slash. It didn't help that I got the infamous slow motion bug (that Relic refuse to fix), meaning I had to restart my game every ~20-30 mins to make the game run at normal speed.

ghibli99

As a fellow WH40K fan I can sympathize with this. I felt the game failed to take advantage of the rich mythos and amounted to little more than an average, bland hack n slash. It didn't help that I got the infamous slow motion bug (that Relic refuse to fix), meaning I had to restart my game every ~20-30 mins to make the game run at normal speed.
I will say that they seemed to have learned quite a bit about console-centric development after their first 360/console game (The Outfit), so I definitely appreciated what they were trying to accomplish, and what they were able to do with a genre that studio had what I assumed was zero experience in outside of RTS titles.

That being said, it definitely had its issues, and hope that someday the company goes back to revisit it, perhaps with the Darksiders II or SR3 engine/tech.

guest1321 said:
I got annoyed with the controls, I got annoyed with the game presenting me with options that didn't matter then sprinkling in one or two that do.
Both is supposedly fixed/improved in Beyond, so you can still look forward to it!

Games I haven't beaten:
Silent Hill HD collection (360)
Vanquish (360)
Skyrim (360)
Saints Row 3 (360)
GT5
FFXIII (ps3)
F1 2010 (ps3)
Dark souls (ps3)
demons' souls (ps3)
Yakuza 4 (ps3)
Driver san fran (360)
Azura's wrath (360)
Duke nukem forever (360)
AC: Revelations (360)
BF3 (ps3)
MGS4 (ps3)
No more heroes: HP (ps3)
soundshapes (PSN)
Silent hill (psn)

ghibli99

Bought/finished VVVVVV again, this time on 3DS. How are folks scoring double-dips? I'm counting everything purchase-wise, so this gave me a -1. I'm guessing that finishing it should likewise give me a +1, even though I just beat the PC version.

That aside, I like the 3DS version better than PC. Just controls and looks better with the nice 3D layer separation.

Vaati

Banned
Bought and Unfinished: -5
Assassin's Creed II [1/02/12]
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [1/10/12]
Demon's Souls [6/23/12]
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise [6/30/12]
Kid Icarus: Uprising [8/17/12]

Beaten: +27
Final Fantasy XIII [1/1/12]
Cave Story+ [1/8/12]
Orcs Must Die! [1/13/12]
Mass Effect [1/26/12]
Bastion [2/o4/12]
LIMBO [2/o5/12]
Amnesia: The Dark Descent [2/o7/12]
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 [3/o6/12]
Mass Effect 3 [3/o9/12]
Resident Evil Revelations [3/18/12]
Mario Kart 7 [5/22/12]
Rhythm Heaven Fever [5/30/12]
Journey [6/6/12]
Dark Souls [6/17/12]
Bit.Trip Fate [6/28/12]
Bit.Trip Void [6/30/12]
Professor Layton and the Last Specter [7/8/12]
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy [710/12]
Bit.Trip Beat [7/10/12]
Katamari Forever [7/14/12]
Bit.Trip Flux [7/15/12]
Mighty Switch Force [7/16/12]
Dear Esther [7/17/12]
Alan Wake [7/22/12]
Final Fantasy XIII-2 [7/29/12]
Final Fantasy VI [8/23/12]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [8/24/12]

Progress for 2012: +22

I still have 17 other games I didn't beat yet though from 2010-2011 so I guess it's a +6 instead?

Thores

Well, if you're trying to go by the rules in the OP, you're not quite counting it right. Every game you've bought this year, you include in the "Bought" section whether you've beaten them or not. And then after that, add/subtract the games you've beaten this year, which might include some of the same games. So between ME3, Revelations, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Journey, Theatrhythm, and FFXIII-2, your score would be +16 at the highest (assuming every older game on that list is one you didn't buy this year).

You don't count unfinished games from 2010-2011 as "Bought", though. This thread only tracks Bought/Beaten progress for 2012.

But you don't even have to pay any of that that too much attention if you don't want to. The OP rules are more or less a guideline, and a lot of people in this thread have their own interpretations of it. Just do what works best for you.

guest1321

Wow, I don't know if I would have pushed through if I had run into that bug.

I will say that they seemed to have learned quite a bit about console-centric development after their first 360/console game (The Outfit), so I definitely appreciated what they were trying to accomplish, and what they were able to do with a genre that studio had what I assumed was zero experience in outside of RTS titles.

That being said, it definitely had its issues, and hope that someday the company goes back to revisit it, perhaps with the Darksiders II or SR3 engine/tech.

I didn't realize that. If that is true it certainly is a great attempt at third person shooter but it lacked refined mechanics and felt really clunky. Was time the limiting factor with the quality on this one? Or was it the limitations of the tech?

Both is supposedly fixed/improved in Beyond, so you can still look forward to it!

That's good to hear. I was really excited about Beyond and just lost all of my interest in it after playing Heavy Rain. I'll have to look into it some more then.

Side note: I didn't realize that people actually read my impressions. That's awesome!

ghibli99

I didn't realize that. If that is true it certainly is a great attempt at third person shooter but it lacked refined mechanics and felt really clunky. Was time the limiting factor with the quality on this one? Or was it the limitations of the tech?
Relic did a postmortem with Eurogamer about a month after the game's release, which talks about some of the things that went right and wrong with it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-12-relic-post-mortems-space-marine

That's good to hear. I was really excited about Beyond and just lost all of my interest in it after playing Heavy Rain. I'll have to look into it some more then.
Really, if controls and the illusion of choice are your biggest problems with the game, you can look forward to Beyond. So far it appears to improve on every front: Graphics, plot, voice acting, gameplay, etc.
Of course I haven't played the full game, so I can't promise anything. But from the looks of some leaked gameplay footage the R2 button is no longer used and when you have free control the camera is always a traditional 3rd person one. This could be different in quieter scenes, but at least in action scenes you won't get frustrated with the controls.

Regarding player choice: QD said in a few interviews, they try to improve this by reducing the amount of endings, increasing the amount of content (approximately 12 hours) and give every choice some meaning. This will reduce the amount of drastically choices, but will also get rid of choices with no meaning whatsoever.

As you may know the game takes place over 15 years, so choices in Jodie's early life will influence her life later one (character, relationships). Not so much that every choice changes the ending, but that you notice a difference in the path leading to it.

If the game really is 12 hours long and entertaining throughout, it's worth the 60$ anyway IMHO.

guest1321 said:
Side note: I didn't realize that people actually read my impressions. That's awesome!
It's NeoGAF. People care :D

8/26 Update

Should be my end of the month update. August was a pretty quiet month and allowed me to catch up a little bit. Bought 2, beat 5.

Don't think I'll get much done in September since I have a weekend bachelor's party and then will be traveling to Canada for an animation festival. I still really want to be at 0 by the end of the year though (which will be tough with the Wii U launch).

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -43
Beat in 2012: 39
Current Score: -4

Bought
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Rayman: Origins
  • Resident Evil: Revelaitons
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Kid Icarus: 3D Classics
  • Mario's Picross
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Patapon 2
  • Motorstorm RC
  • WipEout 2048
  • Unit 13
  • Dissidia duodecim Final Fantasy
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • The World Ends With You
  • Monster Tale
  • Mortal Kombat
  • ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Diablo III
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • Gravity Rush
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Dark Void
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Syndicate
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
  • Spelunky
  • Bionic Commando
  • Resistance: Burning Skies
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Alan Wake: American Nightmare
  • Alan Wake
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
  • Binary Domain
  • Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dread Drop Distance
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Completed
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Portal 2
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Rayman: Origins
  • Child of Eden
  • Shinobi
  • Nano Assault
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Vanquish
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • L.A. Noire
  • Xevious 3D Classics
  • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Monster Tale
  • Mario's Picross
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Darksiders
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Resistance: Burning Skies
  • Unit 13
  • Gravity Rush
  • Dawn of War II: Retribution
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Diablo III
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • Motorstorm RC
  • Spelunky
  • Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Currently Playing
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Impressions

Motorstorm RC - I've had this game for a while, and just couldn't get into it. I thought the controls were weird and at times it just seemed impossible. But this month I had a big video freelance project, and had a lot of downtime while things were converting and exporting, so it was the perfect game to pick up for a few minutes, go back to work, and go back to playing. This lead me to really getting into it: I bought all DLC packs, and ended up getting a platinum trophy on the main game and getting every trophy in the DLC. I think it was a bit of the right game at the right time, but I ended up having a ton of fun with it.

Fez - While a fun game with some really good puzzles, I can't help but feel like this game is way over-hyped. And I think hearing all the crazy stories from the podcasts lead to my disappointment. Hearing how great the "post-game" was and how deep it was, I couldn't help but not be overly impressed when I reached that stage of the game. I may go back to collect every collectable, but for the most part I'm done with the game.

ghibli99

Juggling Theatrhythm, Sakura Samurai, and Bastion (PC) right now. Bastion has been particularly fun and impressive. These graphics are really nice, and the narration is very clever!

Update for August:

Knocked out a bunch of Wii games from the top of the queue. Some Assassin's Creed I and II is next, and whatever else I can squeeze in before October hits.

January-July (+14):

Bought (-16)
Finished (+30)

August (+4):

Bought (0):

Beaten (+4):

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
Goldeneye 007 (Wii)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

2012 Score: (+18)

http://backloggery.com/thebigg753

ghibli99

Just finished my first playthrough of Bastion last night. AWESOME game. Man, who knew decisions would be so stressful to make?!

ghibli99

What platform did you play it on? I was thinking about grabbing for $5 on the iPad
PC. I'm thinking of double-dipping for the iPad version as well. Looks like Supergiant did the port the RIGHT way, and for only $5... they're making everyone else look bad. LOL

Purchased: -4
  • Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Darksiders
  • Metro 2033
Completed: +4
  • Vanquish
  • Darksiders
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Fable III
= 0

I've bolded the games I have completed, the ones in italics cannot be beaten like traditional games:

XBOX 360

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
After Burner Climax
Alan Wake [DLC]
Alien Hominid HD
Alone in the Dark
Assassin's Creed
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts
Bastion [DLC]
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 3
Battlefield: 1943
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
BioShock
Bioshock 2
Blue Dragon
Bomberman LIVE
Boom Boom Rocket

Borderlands
Braid
Bullet Witch
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Burnout™ CRASH!
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Castle Crashers
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Child of Eden
Clash of Heroes HD
Costume Quest
Crackdown
Crazy Taxi
Crimson Alliance
Crysis 2
Dance Central
DanceMasters/Evolution

Dante's Inferno
Darksiders
Dark Souls
Darwinia+
Daytona USA
Dead Island
Dead or Alive 4
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2: CASE ZERO
Deadly Premonition
Deathsmiles
Death Spank
Defence Grid [DLC]
Doritos Crash Course
Dragon Age: Origins
Enchanted Arms
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West [DLC]
Eternal Sonata
Fable II
Fable III
[DLC]
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Forza Motorsport 3
From Dust
Fruit Ninja Kinect
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
[DLC]
Gears of War 3 [DLC]
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Ghost Recon 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Greed Corp
Guardian Heroes
Guwange
Half-Minute Hero
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Combat Evolved (GoD)
Halo: Reach
Hard Corps: Uprising
Hexic HD
Hitman: Blood Money
Hydro Thunder
Hydrophobia
Ikaruga
ilomilo
Infinite Undiscovery
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade
Just Cause 2
Kameo
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Sports

L.A. Noire
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Leedmees
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2

LEGO Batman
LIMBO
LiPS
Lost Odyssey
Luxor 2
Magic: The Gathering
Mass Effect [DLC]
Mass Effect 2 [DLC]

Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Monday Night Combat
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Ms. Splosion Man
Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Outland
OutRun Online Arcade
Pac-Man CE DX
Perfect Dark HD
Perfect Dark Zero
Plants vs. Zombies
Portal 2
Portal: Still Alive

Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Pure
R-Type Dimensions
Radiant Silvergun
RAGE
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Raskulls
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Renegade Ops
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 5
Rez HD
RISK Factions
Rockstar Table Tennis
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
Section 8: Prejudice
Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
Sega Superstars Tennis
Serious Sam HD
Shadow Complex
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 4: Episode 1
Sonic Adventure

Sonic CD
Sonic Generations
Sonic The Hedgehog 2006
Sonic Unleashed
South Park Let's Go Tower Defence Play!
Space Channel 5 Part 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (GoD)
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Splosion Man
Stacking
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Street Fighter IV
Streets of Rage 2
Super Meat Boy
Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo Edition HD Remix
Tales of Vesperia
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [DLC]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Last Remnant
The Maw
The Orange Box
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
TimeShift
TMNT: Turtles in Time: Reshelled
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Torchlight
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Track and Field
Trials HD
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Uno

Vanquish
Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram
Viva Pinata
Worms
Worms 2: Armageddon

PS3

Battlefield: 1943
Dead Nation
Demon's Souls
Devil May Cry 4
Fat Princess
Final Fantasy IX
Flower
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
InFamous
ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
LittleBigPlanet
Mafia II
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Valkyria Chronicles

3DS

Mario Kart 7
Rayman 2 3D
Super Mario Land 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

:(

I've added about 30+ games to this and haven't completed shit :(

Persona 3 Portable is beat! 93 hours on the final game clock. I fell in love with this game and P4 is already on my shelf waiting for me. I'll play some other games first though, to space them out.

Puts me at +11, for now

Beat: (+22)
1. LA Noire: Complete Edition
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
5. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
7. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
11. God of War: Origins Collection: Chains of Olympus
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
13. God of War: Origins Collection: Ghost of Sparta
14. Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Wii version)
15. Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (iOS)
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
19. Resident Evil 5: Gold (plus sp DLC)
20. Mass Effect: Infiltrator (iOS)
21. Batman: Arkham City (plus sp DLC)
22. Persona 3 Portable

Bought: (-11)
1. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
4. Mass Effect: Infiltrator (iOS)
5: Persona 3 Portable
6. Gungnir
7: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
8. Child of Eden (360)
9. Rayman: Origins
10. Prince of Persia Trilogy HD
11. Persona 4

Backlog now at: 25
http://backloggery.com/gryphter

Not sure what to play next, my wife still has the TV on lockdown playing Kingdoms of Amalur so my choice has to avoid the TV. I was planning on playing Breath of Death 7 for a quick finish but am reinstalling Windows 7 this weekend. It might be Ys Seven next.

edit: The wife is going to be out tonight and tomorrow afternoon. I checked online and found that Child of Eden can be beat within 1-5 hours, depending on how much you want to unlock. I've decided that I'm going to play this while she's out. Plastic wrap off and will install to 360 HDD after work. I will be using Kinect and am pretty stoked!

Netto-kun

Slowly working on getting the plusses back since I had -7 for July. I didn't plan to buy Catherine and Lollipop Chainsaw anytime soon, but couldn't resist when both games had price drop from The Hut and Amazon UK. I am going to play a little bit more of Nayuta no Kiseki for the New Game+ contents, and more Persona 4 Ultimate (and maybe my other 2D fighting games) with the newly aquired fightstick. I am on (what I think is) the final stage of Orc Must Die! 2, but I haven't gotten around to play it yet. I should also be done with Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker pretty soon, then it's right off to Catherine. With school starting again, I'll try to avoid buying new games (only looking forward to Tales of Xillia 2 in November) and focus on what's in my backlog...if I have any free time to play video games at all. :D

Games bought in August:
Pokémon Conquest (NDS)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD Ver. (PSN)
Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena (PS3)
Nayuta no Kiseki (PSP)
Catherine (PS3)
Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)

Games beaten in August:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD Ver. (PSN)
Nayuta no Kiseki (PSP)
Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena (PS3)
Gundemonium Recollection (PSN)
GundeadliGne (PSN)
Pokémon Conquest (NDS)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (NDS)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)

August
Bought: 7
Beaten: 9
August score: +2

July
Bought: 11
Beaten: 4
July score: -7

June
Bought: 6
Beaten: 11
June score: +5

May
Bought: 3
Beaten: 2
May score: -1

April
Beaten: 7
April score: +4

March
Beaten: 5
March score: +2

February
Bought: 6
Beaten: 8
February score: +2

January
Beaten: 8
January score: +5

Backloggery

August update

CYAcM.png

Added the following games to the backlog:
August
Gorky 17
Binary Domain
Greed: Black Border*
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Penny Arcade's On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
The Walking Dead: Episode 3 - Long Road Ahead
Pandora's Tower
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles

Completed:
August
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Syberia II
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution
Binary Domain
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
The Walking Dead: Episode 3 - Long Road Ahead

* - free

Child of Eden is done. I'm not at all a high score kind of gamer and am happy with having cleared the 5 levels and seen the credits. It was good but my body being sore from the gym didn't help my playthrough with Kinect. I was sitting down reading comics for a while between stages.

Puts me at +12, for now

Beat: (+23)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
22. Persona 3 Portable
23. Child of Eden

2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
6. Gungnir
8. Child of Eden (360)
11. Persona 4

Backlog now at: 24

In the middle of reinstalling Windows; I should be spending most of this weekend setting everything back up. Ys Seven is most likely next for gaming.

stonedwal

Bought in 2012: -14
Beaten in 2012: +60
Current Score: +46

Bought:
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PSX)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2)
Gradius Galaxies (GBA)
Mega Man Battle Network (GBA)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)

Beaten:
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Dead Island (360)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3, Origins Collection)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (360)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)
MadWorld (Wii)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PSX)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s (PS2)
Scarface: The World is Yours (PS2)
Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth (N64)
Wave Race 64 (N64)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Gradius Galaxies (GBA)
Astro Boy: The Omega Factor (GBA)
Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (GBA)
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (PS2)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
Ace Combat: Squadron Leader (PS2)
The Red Star (PS2)

I punched a nice hole through my GBA backlog over the last couple of weeks. What's left of my GBA backlog consists mostly of RPGs and Mega Man Battle Network games. The PS2 has been getting a bit of attention to.

Yoshi's Universal Gravitation shows that Artoon's bullshit difficulty spikes aren't just restricted to Yoshi's Island DS. This game starts out stupidly easy, and then just gets bullshit hard around World 4 or 5.

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge was enjoyable at the start, but felt like it was wearing out its welcome by the end.

Was a little spoilt by playing two Treasure games back to back. Always loved Astro Boy, just never got back around to playing it all the way through. Advance Guardian Heroes...I think I am in the minority that prefer this over the Saturn predecessor.

Mario vs. DK - merely okay compared to DK '94 - wish they kept the original concept of Donkey Kong Plus.

Budokai 3 - I haven't played Infinite World yet, but playing this has made it hard to go back to Budokai Tenkaichi 2, which is the last of those games I need to finish.

Ace Combat 5 - this has been haunting me for 7 years. I got to 12B, the one with the synchronised radar network destruction, and could never figure it out. Managed to do so this time - loved the rest of the game except the tunnel bullshit right at the end.

The Red Star has awakened my need for challenge. The first 11 chapters are a fucking walk in the park compared to what the game throws at you afterwards. I'm amazed I beat it in the end, but it felt good to be challenged by something that didn't resort to bullshit tricks for difficulty.

Currently playing:
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - didn't mind the change of focus to the real world. Do mind the shitty helicopter missions.

Demon's Souls - after the Red Star I was craving a challenge. Started a new character and had passed my last attempt to play the game in under 2 hours. I'll probably drip feed this one over the next three months.

Devil May Cry 2 - People bitch that this is too easy and Dante is too serious, but I don't mind it so far.

I still intend to knock over Majora's Mask and Okami by the end of the year, just need to fit them back into the schedule without compromising other activities. My birthday is in two weeks, so I am expecting a few new games there.

vall03

My best record so far with only two games bought for the whole month. I was actually not planning on buying Persona 4: Arena because Im not really a fighting game fan. In fact I dislike the genre but Persona 4 sequel and the story mode was tempting so I ended up buying it. To my surprise, the system is very easy to learn and seems to be made for newcomers to the genre. They really know that a lot of people will buy the game because its Persona even though they dont like fighting games. The Story mode was very well done also and really is a sequel to both Persona 3 and 4 and Im really hoping for more from the series after it. Only bought DoDonPachi Resurrection because of the iOS sale, was also hoping for Bug Princess 2 Black Label but I really dont mind. Cave shooters are really great on iOS.

While I bought less games, I also finished less games this month. Already started Innocent Sin back in July and only finished it early in August. Now hoping that Eternal Punishment PSP will also get localized, never played the PS1 version before. Analogue: A Hate Story was kind of weird when I was able to finally connect all the dots of the story. While its different from Christine Loves previous games, her style is still pretty much obvious in the story telling with all the connections and how technology is involved in the plot. Hope theres more games from her.

Right now, Im having trouble which game to finish next since they are all very long RPGs spread across different platforms. For now, I decided on playing Skyrim since its the game wherein I have the longest progress. Already spent almost 20 hours on it this month and I hope to be able to finish it next month. I kinda hate how the game is so buggy though, thank god Im playing on PC wherein I can use the console for emergencies especially when you get stuck somewhere, or when NPCs arent behaving properly for a quest.

http://backloggery.com/vall03

Purchased: -2
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
DoDonPachi Resurrection HD (iOS)

Finished: +4
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Analogue: A Hate Story
DoDonPachi Resurrection HD (iOS)
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Purchased: -48
Finished: +73
Jan: +6
Feb: +6
Mar: -1
Apr: +1
May: +5
Jun: +7
Jul: -1
Aug: +2

Total Points: +25

entremet

Bought in 2012
1. Skyward Sword
2. Mario Kart 7
3. Super Mario 3DLand
4. Kirby's Epic Yarn
5. Journey
6. Trials Evolution
7. Ghost Trick
8. NSMB2

Cleared in 2012
1. Skyward Sword
2. Mass Effect 2: Arrival
3. Super Mario 3DLand
4. Mario Kart 7
5. DKCR
6. Journey
7. Ghost Trick
8. NSBM2

Looking to 100 percent NSMB. Fun game. Don't get the criticisms of it being a rehash.

January Post - Score: -3

February Post - Score: -4

March Post - Score: -4

April Post - Score: -1

May Post - Score: -2

June Post - Score: -2

July Post - Score: -2

Current Score: 0

Games I beat this month (but were rented and don't count):

The Last Story

Bought in August 2012 (-2):

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS DD version)

Darksiders II (Steam)

Finished in August 2012 (4):

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - My son and I had a go at this last year when it came out, but he had a habit of erasing our save file with a completely fresh one, so I gave up and just let him have fun. We refocused this month and brought home the W.

Final Fantasy XII - When this came out I played 80% of the story and then delved deep into the Hunts, then never went back to the story. Started fresh and ignored the Hunts this time. Glad to have this one out of the way.

'Splosion Man - Finally went back to the last boss and beat him. For some reason I really struggled with it a couple years ago and gave up. The camera is zoomed out so far and I had trouble with the timing of not getting punched and not getting hit by the weird things constantly running at you.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Very unimpressive. I'd have serious buyer's remorse if I didn't have a 5 year old that just made this his new thing.

Currently Playing:

Final Fantasy XIII - Hoping to finish this one this month. I'm in Chapter 11 and have leveled up enough to continue in the story.

Darksiders II - Still have my PS3 disc from Gamefly. Would be playing the Steam version but my PC has been unpredictable for months. Thought I had it narrowed down to ATI driver issues but now I think I need to bite the bullet and replace the video card.

Ratchet & Clank Collection - The next game for my son and I to work on together. We've taken a break on Sly 3 as it's a little tough for him. Only about $22 to buy this from Gamefly, it may be my first purchase this month before Borderlands 2.

Thores

August Update

Main Post
Backloggery

Q1 Update
April Update
May Update
June Update
July Update

Score in 2012 Pre-August: -5
Bought in August 2012: -3
Beaten in August 2012: +4
Current Score: -4

Bought:

Persona 4 Arena (PS3)- I'd been pretty excited about this game since it got announced. I'd say it definitely met expectations.

Torchlight (PC)- I preordered Torchlight 2 on Steam as a birthday present for a friend. It came with a free copy of the first Torchlight, which the friend gifted back to me since he already had it. I will play this eventually, don't really feel like playing a third lengthy dungeon crawl in a row, after P4 and P3P.

The Last Story- Bless XSEED for actually bringing this over. The limited edition packaging looks great as well. We'll see if the purchase was actually worth it, but I had to show my support for such a bold move at this point in the Wii's lifespan.

Beaten:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4- Got the True Ending, and I'm glad P4 Arena's release motivated me to finally beat it. It is an amazing game, probably in my Top 10 JRPGs of all time. I'm seriously looking forward to P5, as well as backtracking to previous Persona games (this is the first one I've played all the way through) and beating them as well.

Persona 4 Arena (PS3)- 100%ed Story Mode, then read some analysis of the various in-game endings and spoiled the shit out of Persona 3 for myself. OOPS. I seriously dig this title though, both as a Persona game and as a fighting game. It's gorgeous, accessible, a lot of fun, and Story Mode was really well done. My current Custom Title online is "Steak Steak Steak" (I am a Chie player), but before that it was "Cream Soda Downpour Daddy".

Pokemon Conquest- This was a neat game and I'm glad it got localized, but it's probably lower-middle tier on my personal ranking of Pokemon spinoffs I've played. I dunno if I'll really mess with the postgame. A more polished sequel would instantly land on my radar though.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (3DS VC)- I abused the hell out of Restore Points during the coin game, since that thing would have annoyed me so much otherwise. But it was a solid little game, I had a good time and I'm glad I backtracked to it from Wario Land II (which is still superior). I got the
House
ending on my first go. Yeah, even after rigging the coin game. I think I only found about half the treasures.

On The Horizon:

The only game I'm definitely getting this month is Tokyo Jungle, though I'm looking at Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and/or Dead or Alive 5 as "maybe" purchases. For already owned games I'm knocking off my backlog, I just finished refreshing my memory of where I left off in Final Fantasy X by watching a playthrough up to that point, and after beating Wario Land I think I might go for Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsterson my 3DS next. I also had played some Persona 3 Portable last month but put it down for a bit because I was getting dungeon crawl fatigue. Was enjoying the story enough though, so there's a decent chance I'll come back to it in September.

I actually could possibly have beaten FFX by the end of August, but I live in New Orleans and Isaac knocked out my power right before I picked the game back up. The power is finally restored as of this evening, so I'll be spending this month appreciating my entertainment center very much. Because of the (probable) small amount of game purchases, I can dedicate September more to beating games than buying them. Here's hoping I'm back in the positive by October.

ghibli99

Finished To The Moon (PC) the other night. Not much of a "game", and is more like Dear Esther in that respect, but much more of a JRPG/Studio Ghibli feel, with a wonderful story and some fantastic music. The final shot of the game gives me goosebumps just thinking about it... and it was only like 4 frames of animation. 85%.

Also putting Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) on the Done list for now... still playing it here and there, but since I got the credits for it, I'll count that as a playthrough. This will probably be one of those games I go back to for many months to come as I work through the Ultimate challenges, etc. C'mon, SE... bring us a Dragon Quest version of this! Fun game, but it's no Ouendan 2. 89%.

+17

Ys Seven is beat. My first Ys game and it was awesome! Definitely plan on getting Oath in Felghana but dang it, I need to stop buying new games!

Puts me at +13, for now

Beat: (+24)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
22. Persona 3 Portable
23. Child of Eden
24. Ys Seven

2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
6. Gungnir
8. Child of Eden (360)
11. Persona 4

Backlog now at: 23

My wife still has claim of the TV for Kingdoms of Amalur. She's beat the main game and is working on the 2 DLC's now. Shouldn't be long but I don't want to idle so up next is probably Breath of Death VII on Steam, which apparently is only 4-5 hours, so I might be updating again real soon. Maybe even tonight, ha! After that it'll be another portable, probably Valkyria Chronicles 2.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Beaten in 2012: 20

August: 0

Yep. Beat nothing again for this month. I've just been busy and haven't had time to play.

Previous games played:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (1/1)
Flight Control HD (1/5)
Dungeons of Dredmor (1/12)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (1/24)
Bastion (2/2)
No More Heroes (2/23)
Endless Ocean (2/24)
Limbo (2/28)
Ben There, Dan That (3/7)
Tidalis (3/10)
Endless Ocean: Blue World (3/20)
Time Gentlemen, Please (3/27)
Ace Attourney: Justice For All (5/1)
Xenoblade Chronicles (5/5)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (5/9)
The Bourne Conspiracy (5/14)
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (5/24)
CivCity: Rome (6/30)
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (7/9)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure (7/31)

Bought: 36
Avadon: The Black Fortress
The Ball
Beep
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
Cthulhu Saves the World
Dragon Quest IX: The Sentinel of the Starry Skies
Europa Universalis III
Forza Motorsport 2
Galactic Civilizations II
Gemini Rue
Greed Corp
Infamous 2
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Mount & Blade: Warband
Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
P.A.M.
Penumbra: Overture
Penumbra: Black Plague
Penumbra: Requiem
Q.U.B.E.
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Rhythm Heaven

Sideway: New York
Space Pirates and Zombies
Stacking
The Tiny Bang Story
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Trine 2
Vessel
Wasteland Angel
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xotic
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Zoo Tycoon 2

Total Score: -16

I highly doubt I'll have a lot of time to play in the next few months having just bought a house and all and at least a dozen work deadlines looming. At least I was on the positive side for most of the year.

Thanks for the perfectly timed post, Jive Turkey. I was about to update but didn't want to double post.

Breath of Death VII is done. This game... not that great, especially when compared to Cthulhu Saves the World. I should have put BoD on easy and just rushed through. Still, beat it on normal and glad that it's behind me. There were some funny parts at least.

Puts me at +14, for now

Beat: (+25)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
22. Persona 3 Portable
23. Child of Eden
24. Ys Seven
25. Breath of Death VII

2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
6. Gungnir
8. Child of Eden (360)
11. Persona 4

Backlog now at: 22

Still no TV gaming for me. Looking at my portable backlog, I have 1 ARPG and 4 SRPG's. Valkyria Chronicles II is the 1 SRPG that's a little different from the others, so I think I'll do one of the more regular SRPG's on the list. Perhaps Gungnir. I want to play Tactics Ogre last out of them because I hear it is the king and I don't want it to spoil the others.

Still, I've been playing A LOT of video games over the past month with P3P and all. Maybe I should take a break and read something from my book backlog. I'll spend tomorrow to decide what to do next.

Glaurungr

Backloggery. New entries in italic:

Bought: -83

• A Kingdom for Keflings
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Ancients of Ooga
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress
  • Band of Bugs
  • BEEP
  • Beyond Zork: The Coconut of Quendor
  • Bunch of Heroes
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Canabalt
  • Cloning Clyde
  • Critical Mass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeon Defenders: Etherian Festival of Love
  • Dungeon Defenders: Jester Hero
  • Dungeon Defenders: President's Day
  • Faerie Solitaire
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues
  • Fortix 2
  • Fractal
  • Future Wars
  • Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords
  • Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar
  • Greed: Black Border
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold
  • Hard Reset: Exile
  • Icewind Dale
  • Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
  • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster
  • Icewind Dale II
  • inMomentum
  • Jade Empire
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • LIMBO
  • Lone Survivor
  • Lucid
  • Lume
  • Mass Effect 2: Arrival
  • Mass Effect 2: Kasumi - Stolen Memory
  • Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Mass Effect 2: Overlord
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Max and the Magic Marker
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
  • Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures
  • Outpost Kaloki
  • Planetfall
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • RoboBlitz
  • Sanctum: Slums
  • Sanctum: Yogscave
  • Sideway: New York
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Soulcaster
  • Soulcaster II
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Terraria
  • The Ball
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
  • Trapped Dead
  • Treasure Adventure Game
  • Trine 2
  • Twin Sector
  • Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2 - Martian Dreams
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • Wasteland Angel
  • Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
  • Your Doodles are Bugged!
  • Zen Bound 2
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Zork: The Great Underground Empire - Part I
  • Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz
  • Zork III: The Dungeon Master
  • Zork Zero: The Revenge of Megaboz

Beaten: +63

• And Yet it Moves
  • Aquaria
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  • Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
  • Bastion
  • BEEP
  • Blackwell Legacy, The
  • Blackwell Unbound
  • Blackwell Convergence, The
  • Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Costume Quest
  • Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice
  • Cthulhu Saves the World
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Eets
  • Faerie Solitaire
  • Fallout 3
  • Flight Control HD
  • Fortix 2
  • Half-Life
  • Hard Reset: Exile
  • Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade
  • Jamestown
  • Jolly Rover
  • Lugaru HD
  • Magicka
  • Mass Effect 2: Arrival
  • Mass Effect 2: Firewalker Pack
  • Mass Effect 2: Kasumi - Stolen Memory
  • Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Mass Effect 2: Overlord
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Max and the Magic Marker
  • Metro 2033
  • Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Samorost
  • Samorost 2
  • Sanctum
  • Sanctum: Slums
  • Sanctum: X-Mas Carnage
  • Sanctum: Yogscave
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Shadowgrounds
  • Shadowgrounds: Survivor
  • Shank
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Swords and Soldiers HD
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
  • Toki Tori
  • TRAUMA
  • Trine
  • VVVVVV
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • World of Goo
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2

Currently Playing:

• Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia

Current Total: -20

With a few short indie games out of the way things are looking a little better.

ghibli99

Bought Super Hexagon and Dodonpachi: Blissful Death on iOS. Knocked me down a bit, but that's OK. :)

Super Hexagon is amazing. DDP also takes me back to the PS2 days when I dumped tons of time into that version. Always fun to play these mobile with touch controls.

stn

Beat Modern Warfare 3 (360). Played it on veteran just for the sake of completion. Not very enjoyable, I don't feel the series has ever had a competent SP campaign. You spend the whole 5 hours following someone and then dying to enemies with 100% accuracy. When you DO win its because you get lucky. I will acknowledge that there are some VERY cool missions and set moments, but the cheap difficulty really retracts from the experience. The multiplayer is good, however. Overall I'd rate the game 7.5-8/10.

44 games left in my backlog.

ghibli99

I'm about to fall off the wagon with these Zen Pinball 2 tables. Would you count this as just 1 game or each table(s) DLC pack as an additional -1? I bought the PvZ table for my wife two nights ago, and I've been playing it just as much as she has. Awesome work they did on this thing.

So what are the plans for the new year? Is this thread wiped and everyone starts out at zero again in a new thread?

Will there be a leaderboard for top performers? Perhaps bottom performers as well if we're feeling extra devilish?

ghibli99

Yep, sounds like fun, although I do think the non-competitive nature of this thread is what's kept it alive all year. Introduce competition, and people start to get bent out of shape about rules and such. This has just been about trying to play games you already have instead of buying more vs. outplaying other GAFers.

Anyway, here's where I'm at right now:

Whenever the line starts to head south, it encourages me to finish what I've started.

Top Bottom