• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinexus

Phasewalk's offensive capability was walking up to enemies while invisible then meleeing, no?

I don't believe many people used it that way. My main use for it was escaping bad situations and having a super fast sprint ability for when I didn't have a vehicle, I don't think I ever used it to engage. She could melt anyone from afar with a Hellfire so there wasn't any need to get in close, most people who played Lilith used the "melt people with fire" strategy.

Teknoman

jLzGL4GuEK2WP.png

Im thinking of going mostly fast action melee, with buffs to critical hits and accuracy. Not to mention alot of bloodshed actually buffs gunfire and melee, hand in hand. Sure he has some sniper skills, but the majority can be geared towards weapon swapping, reload speed, accuracy, and crits in general. I'm sure he'll be just fine with other weapons with stuff like: "Be like water", "F0ll0wthr0ugh", "Precision", and "Killer".

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Awesome OT, I'm thinking of going with Zer0 but does focusing on sniping and melee diminish the importance of other guns?

Not really since what you generally will use for combat is purely situational. Which means its basically a bad idea to use a sniper rifle in up close and personal situations. All focusing on sniping related skills will do is make things easier when you do need to pop melons from a distance.

RkOwnage

Got my Xbox 360 copy preordered on Amazon ready to go! Now my debate is whether or not I buy the Season pass. with Mists of Pandaria coming out right after Borderlands 2, my gaming time is gonna be piled on!

Nekrono

Just joined the GAF Steam group.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of the original Borderlands, it kinda bored me after about 20 hours and I wasn't really excited about Borderlands 2 but I just watched some footage and it seems really well done.

It's really making me consider buying this, especially Steamworks integration into the co-op, etc.

Luigi87

Got it pre-ordered on GMG.
Going Axton, but mainly looking forward to the Mechomancer's (I think Randy called her Gauge?) eventual release.

Likely going to focus his survival tree to get double-turrets, but undecided on where to expand beyond that.

How will loot be handled in BL2? I hated how in Borderlands if you joined a random game, they could just loot and take whatever they wanted. It would be cool if loot was instanced to your client - like how Diablo III's loot is handled

Woohoo can't wait. I dont play many games lately but I'm really looking forward to this. I don't know anyone on Xbox live so hopefully I can hook up with some of y'all!

Parakeetman

How will loot be handled in BL2? I hated how in Borderlands if you joined a random game, they could just loot and take whatever they wanted. It would be cool if loot was instanced to your client - like how Diablo III's loot is handled

I remember that was one of the main reasons people hated playing as a sniper type of character mainly Mordecai since folks would just run off with the loot while you provided support fire from afar.

Its why you need to play with friends you can actually trust.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Potential GOTY right here.

I've begun keeping up with the game recently, so I have a few questions about whether Gearbox devs have commentated on any of these things:

1) I have a low end system by today's standards. My graphics card is YEARS old but according to System Requirements Lab I can still run the game. Have they talked about how well optimized this game is for lower end systems?
2) Have they commentated on potentially adding split-screen gameplay to the PC version?
3) Have they commented on what loot the golden key will unlock? Will it be a guaranteed purple, or blue or up or what? I know it says rare loot, but what if I end up getting something crappy?
4) Have the stats of the golden guns been released? Does everybody get the same guns or are they slightly randomized too?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

I'd like to know that too.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Considering trying to get this next week, first game was fun but it got boring kind of quickly due to boring talent trees and terrible boss weapons.

Anyone know if they fixed boss weapons in this game so they're actually worth a damn?

Threw up a build for the Gunzerker as well that focuses on all of the talents that increase ammo and ammo regen. Could be fun never having to reload :p

Parakeetman

Potential GOTY right here.

I've begun keeping up with the game recently, so I have a few questions about whether Gearbox devs have commentated on any of these things:

1) I have a low end system by today's standards. My graphics card is YEARS old but according to System Requirements Lab I can still run the game. Have they talked about how well optimized this game is for lower end systems?
2) Have they commentated on potentially adding split-screen gameplay to the PC version?
3) Have they commented on what loot the golden key will unlock? Will it be a guaranteed purple, or blue or up or what? I know it says rare loot, but what if I end up getting something crappy?
4) Have the stats of the golden guns been released? Does everybody get the same guns or are they slightly randomized too?

Seriously with how fast you find guns in the game Im sure the golden eyesores will be replaced in no time.

I never understood what the hell the fascination with gold plated weapons are. Only people that like gold plated firearms are rappers and third world country dictators.

It's an Unreal Engine 3 game, so personally I would download Blacklight Retribution or Tribes Ascend and see how they run, since I'd expect Borderlands 2 to be fairly similar in terms of performance.

Sn4ke_911

I think that screenshot should have your question answered. :p

I should get some sleep. Thanks.

btw. for those who said Axton looks so boring.

GixSy.jpg

DAT BEARD!

I love how you can customize your character.

Fou-Lu

I already have three friends to play with on PC, it's gonna be great! I was hoping we'd all want to play different classes though, but if we did I'd be stuck with the gunzerker, my least favorite class.... I hate playing duplicates, guess I'll take my skills in the total opposite direction.

Sn4ke_911

Can someone quickly explain how the loot system works in CO-OP?

RotBot

Vault Veteran Rewards:
Borderlands 2 will reward veterans of the first Borderlands with exclusive character customization elements -- here's a look at the character heads and skins that are unlocked when Borderlands 2 detects save data from the original Borderlands!
If all it needs to do is "detect" save data, then I don't need to have beaten Borderlands 1 to get these?

I'll have to dig up savegames from my old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom