• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
I hate how it always takes me a good minute to realize Twitter conversations need to be read bottom up. How maddeningly unintuitive...

oh shit. lol

i don't use twitter or even view twitter at all so I never realized that when people post those images

Korey

Take this with a pinch of salt but it's been popping up on my timeline

iCB2P.png

https://twitter.com/EvanAxelbank

Don't they spread FUD like this to get GOP people out and voting, and make the Dem voters complacent?

Jeels

It provides a constant stream of amusement for my like-minded friends and I. We call/text and laugh at how utterly ridiculous some of our "friends" are on facespace.

And with shit like this:

mkVlX.png

How can you not be amused?

And yes, that is a real comment from someone on my facebook friends list.

It's like you can just make anything up.

I'm from Pakistan. What's the big fucking deal?

Brinbe

Don't they do this to get GOP people out and voting, and make the Dem voters complacent?

Of course, that's also why the Obama campaign is happy to play along with this tie narrative to an extent, but they're dumb if they think that'll affect things at this point.

pigeon

Banned
Don't they spread FUD like this to get GOP people out and voting, and make the Dem voters complacent?

Maybe, but they've been spreading the narrative that the GOP is ascendant and definitely winning to get them to turn out instead. This is contradictory to that -- and mixed messages are always a problem.

ido

There really should be some kind of thread where you post your favorite Facebook status about the election results.

I imagine the shit that would get posted in that would be incredible.

HylianTom

Banned
I dunno. If the GOP is flailing around in death throes, I'd want to get out and vote even more, so that they're not just beaten but decimated.. or mortally wounded.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
The GOP base was probably already motivated by fear. No need to change the narrative to one in which Romney may lose, unless it could actually happen. The GOP has also been reticent, until now, to reveal that there are any deficiencies in their ground game. That they're finally admitting the GOP is getting its clock cleaned in early voting would be an ominous signal to me if I were a Republican.

RDreamer

There really should be some kind of thread where you post your favorite Facebook status about the election results.

I imagine the shit that would get posted in that would be incredible.

Somehow I'm sure there'll be a facebook/twitter reaction picture thread. I mean, we had a thread on the reactions that the character from Hunger Games was played by a black person. I'm sure we could find some absolute gems with this.

Bowdz

Holy crap. I just saw Sam Wang's final numbers for the day: 93% random drift, 98% bayesian. Also, check out his daily meta analysis tracker. Even the margins of the prediction are in the Obama win category.

EV_history.png

Now let me preface this by saying in no way am I comparing the significance of this race IN ANY WAY to that of a sporting event. Sporting events don't have a direct affect on society, don't change laws, don't improve lives besides those directly involved. With that being said, if Obama does win this thing, it will be just like when the Lakers won Boston in 2010. I literally listened to Boston sports radio ALL DAY for days and days. I would peruse through the Celtics forums, getting such joy from their misery, their excuses, their rage. If Obama wins this, I will peruse Free Republic. I will read Red State. I will enjoy RaptureReady. I will listen to Hannity for days. If it happens I will smile all the while.

kingkitty

is there going to be Daily Show live coverage like 2008? I remember ignoring all the news channels and staying on Comedy Central until they called it for Barack. Altho this time I plan on watching Fox News the whole day.

The tears.

I'm so thirsty.

I need them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
is there going to be Daily Show live coverage like 2008? I remember ignoring all the news channels and staying on Comedy Central until they called it for Barack.

altho this time I plan on watching Fox News the whole day.

the tears.

I'm so thirsty.

I think so, they usually do an election special. The 04 one was insanely funny. "Now lets go to John Oliver to see how the map is--are you playing Halo?"

RDreamer

Now let me preface this by saying in no way am I comparing the significance of this race IN ANY WAY to that of a sporting event. Sporting events don't have a direct affect on society, don't change laws, don't improve lives besides those directly involved. With that being said, if Obama does win this thing, it will be just like when the Lakers won Boston in 2010. I literally listened to Boston sports radio ALL DAY for days and days. I would peruse through the Celtics forums, getting such joy from their misery, their excuses, their rage. If Obama wins this, I will peruse Free Republic. I will read Red State. I will enjoy RaptureReady. I will listen to Hannity for days. If it happens I will smile all the while.

I suppose it'll feel like I felt when Dallas beat the Heat. That felt nice. I didn't surf around Heat message boards, though.

At least I know Romney can't come back and win it next time.

is there going to be Daily Show live coverage like 2008? I remember ignoring all the news channels and staying on Comedy Central until they called it for Barack. Altho this time I plan on watching Fox News the whole day.

The tears.

I'm so thirsty.

I need them.

Yeah, they have one this year.

I'm really torn on what to watch. MSNBC for the celebration, Daily Show for the comedy, or Fox News for the comedy.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I think so, they usually do an election special. The 04 one was insanely funny. "Now lets go to John Oliver to see how the map is--are you playing Halo?"

I could see them revisiting that joke since Halo 4 also releases next Tuesday.

I think I'm going to stick with MSNBC for the early coverage, and flip between them and Fox once it gets down to the wire. I'll probably head to Comedy Central for some laughs in the lulls.

HylianTom

Banned
Oh yes. Oh. Yes.

... and I just realized: we should have a good idea at this point next week. Eeeee!

RDreamer

Are you talking about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwlW4lx6TTo

It probably crosses the line in that it could be too bold to be effective, but I like it.

Well, that was something.... Yeah, probably a bit too over the top.

Though the topic is true... I get pissed when republicans go all "Oh noes look at all the debt we're leaving our children!" Yeah, well look at the shitty fucking environment and country you'd leave your children if we let you have your way.

Amir0x

Banned
but man if Obama loses

it'll be the quietest night on PoliGAF ever

PhoenixDark sitting there, grin on his face, pretending like he wasn't just trolling all year. like he was makin' legitimate predictions and shit

oh yeah, you guys are boned

RDreamer

I keep telling you guys that if the wait becomes unbearable, play dark souls. You'll be hooked for a week at least.

I wish I could get into that, because I really want a game to play. I liked Demon's Souls enough, but couldn't finish it really.

I'm one of those weirdos that loves big, awful, over the top stories in my games, so...

but man if Obama loses

it'll be the quietest night on PoliGAF ever

PhoenixDark sitting there, grin on his face, pretending like he wasn't just trolling all year. like he was makin' legitimate predictions and shit

oh yeah, you guys are boned

If Obama loses you won't be seeing me on here for a long time. I don't even want to think of how I will feel if Mitt wins.

Amir0x

Banned
To make this week go fast I just ordered a LOT of drugs.

I got a little coke, two grams of heroin, a half of the greatest weed I've ever tried and about 500mg of non-timerelease Oxycontin.

This week will go by in a blur for me.

Trurl

Banned
Well, that was something.... Yeah, probably a bit too over the top.

Though the topic is true... I get pissed when republicans go all "Oh noes look at all the debt we're leaving our children!" Yeah, well look at the shitty fucking environment and country you'd leave your children if we let you have your way.

I think the song is kind of awesome. If puppets were singing it people couldn't respond with over the top outrage.

The video is even cooler when you get to watch it in the context of Hannity's sandy vagina.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1932663259001/singing-children-warn-of-romneys-america-in-pro-obama-ad/

kingkitty

hmm nice I'll dvr the Daily Show bits.

MSNBC is great and all but I never found watching people celebrate with joy as rewarding as watching people slowly realize their impending, humiliating defeat to a president they've vilified for the last four years.

Hopium? psh. I need some of that schadenfreude. Inject that shit into my veeeins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom