• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Metal Slug Anthology

Screenshots from the PSP version. Hopefully it will be shown on the Wii soon--these all look fairly dark. It should be noted that the PSP version is supposed to have widescreen support, so one might assume that the Wii version will as well.

Hopefully these will tide you over until we see some official ones:

MetalSlugAnthologySlug6img1.jpg

MetalSlugAnthologySlug6img2.jpg

MetalSlugAnthologySlug6img3.jpg

MetalSlugAnthologySlug6img4.jpg

MetalSlugAnthologySlug6img5.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Some that I missed over the past few days. Highlighted in IGN's seemingly daily blitz of screens and mini-games specials about this game.

super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-20060921052353762-000.jpg

super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-20060921052354465-000.jpg

super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-20060922062606527-000.jpg

super-monkey-ball-banana-blitz-20060922062605808-000.jpg

Xristot

man, I know this has been said before, but seeing those trauma center images makes me want a phoenix wright Wii version so much.

Heres to hoping...

picking up trauma center day one though.

After listening to the Orchestral version of the PW soundtrack...I can't imagine how good that could be on a disc based medium. Fill it with good voice acting and an awesome score, and I'll pay double.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Xristot said:
man, I know this has been said before, but seeing those trauma center images makes me want a phoenix wright Wii version so much.

Heres to hoping...

picking up trauma center day one though.

I think the key to this hardware is to pursue very bright colored, cell-shaded graphics. Look through all the games in this entire thread and its obviously where the Wii shines the brightest. In that vein, Phoenix Wright would be a natural fit.

Then again, has anyone mentioned conectivity and being able to play DS games on the big screen? I dunno, like FFIII? That might work. ;)

TheGreatDave said:
After listening to the Orchestral version of the PW soundtrack...I can't imagine how good that could be on a disc based medium. Fill it with good voice acting and an awesome score, and I'll pay double.

Don't tell them that. We still don't know how much DS downloads will cost!

PantherLotus said:
Pokemon Battle Revolution

(working title). They're small, they're old, but these look pretty good. I doubt we'll even sniff this game again until E3-07, if not later. Here goes:
LMAO it comes out in December. :lol :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
WordAssassin said:
LMAO it comes out in December. :lol :lol

Oops. I assumed a lack of information meant a lack of game. As I'm becoming famous for posting, I could at any moment be completely wrong. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this game didn't hit at the expected time.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Perhaps Nintendo is still holding stuff back for the launch.

Edit: IGN has it listed for December 31st in Japan.

PantherLotus said:
I think the key to this hardware is to pursue very bright colored, cell-shaded graphics.

No, it really isn't. There are some gorgeous games here with vibrant palettes & heavily stylised design (SMB:BB, Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports) but they don't look great because their approach "fits the hardware" - they look great because their developers have put time & effort into their appearance. Great-looking games with a more realistic look will come, but don't confuse rough-looking portfests like Far Cry with the system being unable to turn out more attractive realistic games.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cosmonaut X said:
No, it really isn't. There are some gorgeous games here with vibrant palettes & heavily stylised design (SMB:BB, Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports) but they don't look great because their approach "fits the hardware" - they look great because their developers have put time & effort into their appearance. Great-looking games with a more realistic look will come, but don't confuse rough-looking portfests like Far Cry with the system being unable to turn out more attractive realistic games.

I didn't say that. I said that is what the Wii will be best at (or at least thats what I meant). And I think that's pretty obvious.

Edit for clarity:
Regardless, I made a pretty clear "I think" at the beginning of my post, suggesting that it was an opinion. And clearly, it was. My opinion is that the Wii will shine through those palettes and styles, as I've said over and over again in this thread.

Polari said:
I don't really see what the Wii would bring to Phoenix Wright that the DS can't do.

Voice acting and non-MIDI music? The oppertunity to point the Wiimote at the TV when you object to something? Nice quality sprites?

Polari said:
I don't really see what the Wii would bring to Phoenix Wright that the DS can't do.

More intuitive and more complex manipulation of objects during investigation? Greater storage capacity, better sound & graphics hardware - meaning the possibility of more complex cases, full voice acting and larger, more detailed environments? Downloadable cases over WiiConnect?

There wouldn't be anything radically different, but PW on Wii could expand upon the handheld series in some interesting ways.

Polari

plagiarize said:
see what i did there? better sound and visuals would be one thing i can think of :)

That doesn't really work, as the stylus does considerably improve the gameplay mechanics. I don't see how the remote would have same effect, and I can't think of anything else Wii could do that would be worth trading portability for.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Forever Blue

I know it's a bit of a tease to post these, considering we know so little about the game and the only proof of the game itself is the recent Wii event promo video, which these screens came from. There's a couple still shots we haven't really seen here.

FB1.jpg

FB2.jpg

FB3.jpg

PantherLotus said:
And I think that's pretty obvious.

But why is it obvious? Because it seems that most of the games here that are in a more subdued - or realistic - style are ports from other systems put together for launch, whereas the best of the games in the style you mention are first-party or third-party exclusives.

Regardless, I made a pretty clear "I think" at the beginning of my post, suggesting that it was an opinion. And clearly, it was. My opinion is that the Wii will shine through those palettes and styles, as I've said over and over again in this thread.

Aye, and I'm just disagreeing with your opinion :)

Maridia

6.8 said:
Sounds like anything that could be done on a real next-gen console to me.

Yeah, but this way it wouldn't alienate the already small fanbase. Additionally, I doubt it would be given the budget to truly take advantage of the "real next-gen consoles."

Maridia said:
Yeah, but this way it wouldn't alienate the already small fanbase. Additionally, I doubt it would be given the budget to truly take advantage of the "real next-gen consoles."
Doesn't mean that they have too. Disgea looked like shit, and had a small fanbase, and it was on a popular, quite next-gen console (at the time) as well. All that I'm saying is that I don't see it suit any console more than the other (well, excluding the 360, it wouldn't suit it at all).

Maridia

6.8 said:
Doesn't mean that they have too. Disgea looked like shit, and had a small fanbase, and it was on a popular, quite next-gen console (at the time) as well. All that I'm saying is that I don't see it suit any console more than the other (well, excluding the 360, it wouldn't suit it at all).

Just sayin'

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles

Here's a couple video grabs that I'm certain that I haven't seen anywhere else. When I get a better version of this video (I'm currently looking), I will post improved shots. This game might be a "best-of" thing, but still...it could be quite compelling to certain audiences.

As always, sorry for the quality. Better ones posted when they become available.

RE1.jpg

RE2.jpg

RE3.jpg

Btw, should I start putting a logo on screenies I capture from video? I wouldn't even ask but I've seen my shit pop up on sites with other people's logo on 'em. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. **** that shit. Free unadulterated screens for everyone!

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
so is that the RE (remake) mansion in full 3D now?

trauma center and super paper mario are looking good

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Apparently this game is coming out soon, at least in Japan. Here are screens that show that this game might actually have great graphics. Nice polish on everything, nice colors. The game is supposed to interact directly with Diamond/Pearl DS. And 4:3? That kinda sucks. Hopfully they'll get that ironed out.

Btw this was taken from the Wii promo video that the collective community splooged over from all the announcements. (E3, I think). It should also be noted that all of these come from about 3.5 seconds of a 5 minute video.

PBR1.jpg

PBR3.jpg

PBR4.jpg

PBR5.jpg

PBR6.jpg

PBR7.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
EBCubs03 said:
No I'm pretty sure it's not..

Well you're obviously the expert.

edit: it's all good. To be fair, I'm sure its from a similar scene that's already been used because the game itself is a collection of the best scenes from the series.

Zeed

Banned
PantherLotus said:
This game has looked great from the start and continues to do so. This time the trainers they're showing are the D/P ones, but in the first one they showed the trainers from FR/LG. Anyone know what's up with that?

Either way I'll be getting this for sure with D/P.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Crayon Something
Is this Drum Master Dojemon or something like that? Oh well. Looks like a mini-game thing, and mighty odd at that. Those silly Japanese! Pretty soon they'll have us eating mushrooms!

Taken from Wii promo video. And 4:3 blows.

Crayon1.jpg

Crayon2.jpg

Crayon3.jpg

Tamagotchi Connection
Here's a game I know nothign about. I'm assuming it's a pet simulator somewhere in between pokemon and nintendogs. It's hilariously cute and I wonder if a kitten will be killed just to bring balance back to the world. Probably.

Taken from Wii promo video. And 4:3 sucks.

Tamagotchi4.jpg

Tamagotchi5.jpg

Tamagotchi6.jpg

Tamagotchi7.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Kororipina

Somebody said it earlier, and they were not lying: This game is the real deal. From less than 2 seconds of gameplay and a couple hazy screenshots, this thing "feels" right. Like it was meant to be. I particularly like the scene with all the neon lights/cityscape in the bg. That's cool. Now, how will it control? Tilting? Kinda predictable.

Taken from Wii promo video. And 4:3 can eat it.

Kororipina1.jpg

Kororipina2.jpg

Kororipina3.jpg

Kororipina4.jpg

Kororipina5.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Compile Heart

Puzzle game. The girl's voice that is heard during the video sounds exactly like the chick from Nanaca Crash (that flash game with the chick on the bicycle?). Anyone figure this out? Good luck.

Taken from Wii promo video. 4:3. C'mon!

CompileHeart1.jpg

CompileHeart2.jpg

CompileHeart3.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles

A little bit better of a video. Doesn't make too much of a difference from earlier, though. I made sure to capture the name plastered all over it just in case anyone doubted its origin. ;)

Another note: this is the first game for the Wii with a brown/grayscale palette that looks good. Scratch that. This looks amazing. If RE4 is anything to go by, we're in for something nice on this one.

RE4.jpg

RE5.jpg

RE6.jpg

RE7.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Crayon Something
Is this Drum Master Dojemon or something like that? Oh well. Looks like a mini-game thing, and mighty odd at that. Those silly Japanese! Pretty soon they'll have us eating mushrooms!

Taken from Wii promo video. And 4:3 blows.

Crayon1.jpg

Crayon2.jpg

Crayon3.jpg

Crayon Shinchan is a freakin' hilarious manga.

Branduil

I thought this would be an interesting comparison.

Madden 07 GC
madden-nfl-07-20060508023444767.jpg

Madden 07 Xbox
madden-nfl-07-20060727045441230.jpg

Madden 07 Wii
madden-nfl-07-20060914090830125.jpg

Also should mention that Madden Wii runs at 60fps as opposed to 30.

Top Bottom