• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Universe 360 Screens (In 720p Finally!!!)

KingJ2002

thank you blim / xboxyde for the images

575_0004.jpg

575_0003.jpg

575_0002.jpg

575_0001.jpg

llTll

Banned
this is the only game i dont care about its graphics.

however. since i have to pay money to play online. then i am not buying it.

there is a reason i pay for xbox live. not to pay for another online god damn game.i know its MMO and people will give me crap about what i said. but honestly i dont care.

Shapermc

llTll said:
there is a reason i pay for xbox live. not to pay for another online god damn game.i know its MMO and people will give me crap about what i said. but honestly i dont care.
This was confirmed... damn, I'm disapointed. Is the price lowered to compensate? Also, do you need to have a gold account for XBL?

Xenon

If this doesn't hav 4XAA then something is very wrong. Some better textures would also be nice.

Razoric

Banned
Shapermc said:
This was confirmed... damn, I'm disapointed. Is the price lowered to compensate? Also, do you need to have a gold account for XBL?

No, you can use silver accounts for MMOs.

because you gotta pay on 360 even with Gold membership my excitement for this game is practically zero right now, minus these screenshots do not impress me.

SuperPac

I'll buy it, pay the $10/month for 2-3 months and then cancel. Game doesn't look great, but it's either 360 or PS2 for me so it's an easy choice.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
MegaTen said:
Hmm..

PS2 & PC community > dog shit > Xbox Live community

Still going for the PS2 and/or PC version.

I laughed.

Even IF true, which it's not, the PS community is by and large different than the general Live community.

That said, Friends List for the only real way to play anywho.

MrDaravon

Docpan said:
I would too but..... Voice chat.

I dropped thousands of hours into the GC/DC versions, but dropped the Xbox one like a bad habit due to 90% of people being total ****ing asshats with voice chat. In a perfect world Voice chat is obviously much more practical, but realistically....

And again, Sega makes NO money from Xbox Live, so why on earth wouldn't they charge? If you have issue with Sega charging for it in general, that's a different story, but let's drop the whole "I pay for Live already!" thing because it's not relevant.

relyt9

Games looks pretty good - I would buy it as my new addiction, but with GoW coming out like a week later, I'm skipping it. Maybe later.

Also, for the people that complain about having to pay for XBL and the game: PSU merely uses the 360's internet connection, hence the reaosn all you have to have is a silver membership. You have to pay the 50 dollars a year for XBL because that gives you all the gold features (to lazy to list). You have to pay PSU's 10 dollars to maintain upkeep of their servers. If Microsoft had to give all the money they get from their XBL service to PSU, then they wouldn't have enough money to maintain themselves. Simple.

kiryogi

Banned
Looks like the blur is still there :eek: but funny, no AA. BTW its a port based on the PC ver, which was based on the Ps2 ver XD

MegaTen

Banned
kiryogi said:
Looks like the blur is still there :eek: but funny, no AA. BTW its a port based on the PC ver, which was based on the Ps2 ver XD
So.. a port of a port, eh? You'd think Sonic Team would put in more effort with the next-gen version.. throw in some blurring.. a few sparks here and there. :lol

kiryogi

Banned
MegaTen said:
So.. a port of a port, eh? You'd think Sonic Team would put in more effort with the next-gen version.. throw in some blurring.. a few sparks here and there. :lol

See PSO 1/2 GC/Xbox and Blue Burst for PC. I love the PC version personally tho. We finally get new content next week! :D

DarknessTear said:

Bicycle shorts or so. I can show you the artwork scan if you want.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Not too shabby for a PS2 port.

Any word on how the single player mode will play out? Will the story be epic, or will it mostly be a dungeon crawl?

This matters to me because while I will mess around with MMO's sporatically, there is no way I can be a devotee again. So if it's single player is fleshed out then maybe i'll pick it up..

kiryogi

Banned
My choice words from the other topics

Well having recently finished the story mode during the 25+ hour maintainence. I'll clock in a few words. For being the supposed focus of PSU, you wouldn't think so sometimes. Especially the extra mode. Seems like a total copout, but we're thinking it might get patched from online to unlock more content. Also all the complaints about the AI remain true. It seems like they're even dumber than MOME was from PSO. However, the AI seems brilliant online. Currently playing now with my friends and the leaders got a PM. The thing is extremely sick, makes me look bad. Sega did know what crowd it was aiming for though.. Some of the battle quotes from the PM involved stuff like "I'm so cute aren't I?". What I mean by that though, the final evolutions for your PMs are lolitastic. One being a little maid in red/pink that carries killer swords that I wish I had.

Also, the story itself is so cliche and contrived, with only one chapter being anything surprising/shocking/worthwhile. However, the combat is pretty damn engaging since it's PSU after all, so I found myself entertained for a good 25 hours regardless. It's unfortunate its only 20-25, especially when it was advertised for around 40 hours.

MegaTen said:
If I had to choose between a low-frills port that releases simultaneously with the other versions and an upgraded one that's coming out months later, I'd take choice A.

LevelNth

Banned
kiryogi said:
That's kinda disappointing, but it's hard to hate on a product that is essentially two full games in one. Still, I stop playing PSO when you had to pay, and I'm not sure I want to pay for this one either. But damn it if it doesn't look sweet.

kiryogi

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
If I had to choose between a low-frills port that releases simultaneously with the other versions and an upgraded one that's coming out months later, I'd take choice A.

Low frills port? PC and X360 are practically alike. PC edging it out with more features/options and customization.

MrDaravon

kiryogi said:

Didn't they already announce that the expansion is going to have more story mode stuff or something? Regardless, Story Mode is about the LAST reason anyone should buy this game. If you can't get online, seriously don't bother.

kiryogi

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
Playing in widescreen is a bonus to me.

I imagine thats an option on PC someday too. Folks are working on hacking that in as well. Tho native code doesnt look friendly in that regard. Again, BB offered much higher res and widescreen. The strucutre for the PC version looks like its based off BB.

Sailor Daravon: Its the online missions for offline. I'm not sure how its handled personally, because they announced it for X360/PS2 only thus far, im guessing we pc users just download :D

kiryogi said:
I imagine thats an option on PC someday too. Folks are working on hacking that in as well. Tho native code doesnt look friendly in that regard. Again, BB offered much higher res and widescreen. The strucutre for the PC version looks like its based off BB.
Ok. You questioned my use of "low-frills" and I gave you what I consider to be the best bonus of it being on 360. And not all of us have PCs that are ready to work as games machines. Does this really need to be argued about?

Top Bottom