• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Are you girls trying to try my patience with that gif spamming?

Put the fear of DEATHmei in their hearts.

iEzh94NAbNfPj.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
mumei i'll paypal u big bux if you edit the thread title to something marina and the diamonds related (in before "mehrina and the cubic zirconia")

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Also, did I read about a new Hikki song? Where? How? *.*

http://youtu.be/JWLGEU5cfd8

Although Utada is currently focusing her energies on her “human activities,” she agreed to create this song, thanks to the fervent requests made by the movie production staff and the deep appreciation for Evangelion held by Utada herself, who also created the movie theme songs for the two prior Evangelion movies.
Unlike the theme songs for 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone and 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, the latest song is sentimental and beautiful; it is a requiem for life full of literary elegance.

botty

Banned
ivnu1fkipviz7xuta.gif
Xtina News
ivnu1fkipviz7xuta.gif

Christina Aguilera is hard at work rehearsing for her big performance at the 2012 American Music Awards on Sunday – and Access Hollywood has the exclusive details on what the pop diva will perform.

The superstar singer will treat fans to a medley of new songs off of her latest album, “Lotus,” including, “Let There Be Love,” “Army of Me” and “Lotus,” a source inside Christina’s closed AMA rehearsal revealed to Access on Saturday.

“The Voice” coach will begin her performance in a pink dress, before vanishing for about one minute in, then reemerging rocking a glittering black bustier.

Christina’s performance will feature an anti-bullying theme, the source said, with her dancers dressed as misfits (including bikers, drag queens, etc.), and carrying signs featuring words associated with bullying, such as “doubt,” “hate” and “fear.”

Catch Christina’s performance (along with performances by Psy, Carly Rae Jespen, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted and more) on the 2012 American Music Awards – Sunday at 8/7c on ABC.

Anti-Bullying... Well, I guess the message is always good to spread. She did start the trend with "Beautiful," after all. The performance for "Lotus" sounds like it's going to slay.

ibe5AYaPHs3VWD.gif

The interview is only about 13 minutes long. Gives a tiny inside look at Xtina's mansion, some moments with her son, Max, her career thus far, and some tender moments about her childhood. There is even some vocal slayage at the 4:01 mark, where Xtina shares her love for the Sound of Music and sings one of the songs. Only the Queen.

in2CBeHwDtgUo.gif

Just in case you forgot.

ik7Ev1jlwd8rR.gif

Carly Rae Jepsen — The Kiss and Call Me Maybe
Carrie Underwood — Two Black Cadillacs
Christina Aguilera — Lotus; Army of Love; Let There Be Love
Stevie Wonder — My Cherie Amour; You Are The Sunshine of My Life; Sir Duke
Justin Bieber & Nicki Minaj — As Long As You Love Me and Beauty and the Beast
Nicki Minaj — Freedom
Kelly Clarkson — Miss Independent; Since U Been Gone; Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You); Catch My Breath
Ke$ha — Die Young
Linkin Park — Burn It Down
No Doubt— Looking Hot
P!nk — Try
Pitbull — Don’t Stop the Party
Swizz Beatz, Chris Brown and Ludacris — Everyday Birthday
Taylor Swift — I Knew You Were Trouble
The Wanted — I Found You
Usher — Numb; Climax; Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop
PSY & Secret Guest — Gangnam Style

Forgive the source.

Xtina will give the best performance of the night, and I bolded the parts that you should watch... while anything unbolded should be avoided like an Unapologetic download.

iEzh94NAbNfPj.gif

In Mariah news...

She broke the record for longest fake smile in the history of the world.

#QUEEN

Maribitch.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
In Lana Del Slay news~

Lana supports President Obama: "'Obama provides an important image that we need to present to the world as Americans."

Lana wants to remaster Kill Kill and Mermaid Hotel like she did with Yayo

Lana's Born To Die has gone platinum in Canada

That is all.

tumblr_mdjjvzEqOi1rn4hkjo1_400.gif

botty

Banned
I'm going to be nice today, because Xtina is performing later... and I don't want any bad karma to surround her eminent slayage.

But tomorrow is a new day.
ibv1pv9whbFxWP.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So beautiful. Thanks.

I wish she went out of this damn hiatus already. Utada slays any fave any day, tbh.

After going to grab that link for you earlier, I ended up listening to about an hour of her music again. She took my jpop cherry with Distance 11 years ago ;__;

Trigger

I think Exodus is the only Hikaru Utada album I've listened to. KH was my life when I was a young teen so I found myself exploring her work. No regrets.

Look at Honey Boo Boo chile supporting her fave:

priceless.gif

More promo than Lotus has gotten all month.

SaintZ

I'm not surprised. She commented on YT a while ago that those were her favorite songs alongside with Little Girls from LdRakaLG. I wish she would let them alone tho, they're good the way they are. She also gave an interview yesterday to a German radio station. Among the things discussed, she said this about how the US responds to her:
1Live: You had a fantastic year, Born To Die was at the top in eleven countries but in the US it had only the second position. Are you angry about that or aren’t you a perfectionist?
Lana: No, I’m absolutely not a perfectionist and I’m not really interested what’s going on in America, I’m so interested in Europe. It’s a big honour to me. Because in America they don’t play songs in the radio that aren’t in the Top 40 at least. I have nothing to do with this attitude and american music.
1Live: You are often in London the last time. It sounds like you aren’t really happy with the american music label.
Lana: No, I love the idea what America used to be. I love how California looks like and the energy of NYC but do I really want to sing there? I don’t know. “Go away to somewhere warm and where you’re loved.” I feel comfortable here, in Paris and when I sing for people in Russia.
I guess that's why she's not interested in promoting it there. I hope after she sees the good response so far, she'll change her mind.

izk96wc8LvgWh.png

Rihanna - Unapologetic 2012 - Review

1 "Phresh Out The Runway"
Produced by Guetta
Definately a head bobber, but ultimately forgettable. Not the song I'd open the album with. It's decent.

2 "Diamonds"
Produced By Benny Blanco, StarGate
Can't say enough about this song. I was slayed at first listen. I'm still slayed today.

3 "Numb" (feat. Eminem)
Produced by Oak, Flip, Pop Wansel
My first instinct is to skip any song with Eminem on it.I haven't purposefully listened to an Eminem song since "My Name Is..." I find his voice grating. That being said, Eminem's testes seemed to have dropped and added some well needed bass to his voice. His rhymes were interesting. Eminem aside, I like this song. The music is good, and I love Rih's vocals.

4 "Power It Up"
Produced by Mike WiLL Made It
Another head bobber. Urban Rih definately slays as much as Dance/Pop Rih.

5 "Loveeeeee Song" (feat Future)
Produced by Blue June
Ice cold slow jam. IDK who Future is. His vocals remind me of Timbaland for some reason. I like the inclusion of guitar on the track. I'm here for this.

6 "Jump"
Produced by Chase & Status, StarGate, Mikey Mike
I'm feeling this track. The inclusion of lyrics from Pony is cute. The EDM drops are jarring at first, but not horrible.

7 "Right Now" (feat David Guetta)
Produced by Nicky Romero, StarGate, David Guetta
EDM track #2, seems better implemented on this track. I like this song a lot.

8 "What Now"
Produced by Ighile
#SLAYED #SLAYED #SLAYED #SLAYED

9 "Stay" (featuring Mikky Ekko)
Produced by Parker, Ekko
#SLAYED: The Sequel. I fell in love with this track last week during her SNL performance. I could do without Mikky Eiko, but nonetheless, #SLAYED

10 "Nobody's Business" (feat Chris Brown)
Produced by Los da Mystro, The-Dream
I'm a noted MJ hater, as most know, but I over look it when Rih is involved. THe inclusion of Chris "Light Ike" Brown doesn't detract either. This is a nice cut. Reminds me of roller skate jams from back in the day. I can see this getting lots of play.

11 "Love Without Tragedy" / "Mother Mary"
Produced by Los da Mystro, The-Dream
I kind of zoned out during Love Without Tragedy. It did't pull my focus to it the way the other songs have. It's a bit dull. That being said, the transition to Mother Mary pulled me back in. Mother Mary is compelling and personal. Its sonically interesting.

12 "Get It Over With"
Produced by James Fauntleroy, Brian Kennedy
Dull. Dull. Dull. Damn near boring. Skippable.

13 "No Love Allowed"
Produced by NO ID
I love when she sings with her accent! Very good track.

14 "Lost In Paradise"
Produced by Labrinth, StarGate
EDM track #3. It's... ok, I guess. Wouldn't skip it, won't fawn over it.

15 "Half Of Me"
Written by Emeli Sandé, Eriksen, Hermansen, Shahid Khan, Adele Adkins
Produced by Naughty Boy
Kind of limp a ending to the album. But its cute.

i4CtTuRv9F2ht.png

Overall score is 4 out of 5 stars. Very enjoyable album.

ibf334UoMN6hij.gif

In Lana Del Slay news~

Lana supports President Obama: "'Obama provides an important image that we need to present to the world as Americans."

Lana's Born To Die has gone platinum in Canada

That is all.

tumblr_mdjjvzEqOi1rn4hkjo1_400.gif

Godna del rey wins again.

After going to grab that link for you earlier, I ended up listening to about an hour of her music again. She took my jpop cherry with Distance 11 years ago ;__;

Yeah, once I listen to one song by her, I find myself going through all of her albums again. Have you listened to/seen Utada United 2006? That whole concert was just incredible.

I think Exodus is the only Hikaru Utada album I've listened to. KH was my life when I was a young teen so I found myself exploring her work. No regrets.

Exodus is great. You should check out Heart Station, Ultra Blue, Distance and Deep River. All really wonderful albums, I'd post some of my favorite songs on each album but I'm not on the computer.

On topic:

Amy Lee stanning Lana. Good, more inspiration for Amy's solo album
in 10 years

n83H7.png

Majmun

image.php

Holy crap, I thought this was Rihanna during fast scroll.

Lovely Unapologetic review, btw

So many BOPS to be found
iPpKenha7UyHY.gif

What will be the next title?????

AZEALIA BANKS GAF |OT3| THE SUPERIOR RAP HIVE

I'm ready for the GAF-Hop hate. Sticki stans can seethe too
ixTbhHeFDo4h6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom