• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Jokeropia

Ranger X said:
How about all those Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games with hands like that? I supposed it was equally bad character models?
I don't know about PS2 games but GC and XBox games with such models would be barely acceptable.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Some different screenies, obviously off-screen. Includes ExciteTruck, WiiSports.

71bc44d30ea0ada7dad0ecdef7911c6a.jpg

7d311225537e77e7b1055b33aa24fe9f.jpg

a60ddd6b969e969b0b7ccb52a5476040.jpg

20385a05a50baea95e9c852cf2f6b239.jpg

6b495a8c3740fc251f400b5108965297.jpg

66f31f93f32745585692ee24c20d7305.jpg

eb97b1e13683e880c5e235976fdee53f.jpg

7d89bfcd7a67342f2263eade46f3c756.jpg

27af10fbcc48c8e9df75bc9f944ac326.jpg

0044c43e6767da881b34456e3199a55a.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Dog Island isn't "Nintendogs part deux", it's like the dog's brother is ill and it's based on some show or some shit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Super Monkey Ball

I honestly never know where we leave off and where we need to start back up at. This game has 100+ official (direct-feed) screens and numerous videos out, so posting more at this point is a bit over the top.

Still, it's a decent looking cell shaded game and it looks to take advantage of some of the Wii's strengths. If these have already been posted (esp. by myself) you can spank me with a wet noodle or something.

82316-1-2.jpg

82316-2-2.jpg

82316-3-2.jpg

82316-4-2.jpg

82316-5-2.jpg

82316-6-2.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
82489-1-2.jpg

I think.. I want this.. ... creepy..

Mr. Smith

AniHawk said:
I will buy Wii Play just to have that billiards game. And hey, it comes with a controller!

what? where does it say that the games comes with a controller?? that would be really sweet

AniHawk

Mr. Smith said:
what? where does it say that the games comes with a controller?? that would be really sweet

The Wii Play/My First Wii game that has Duck Hunt/Air Hockey/Billiards/etc comes with a wiimote.

Supa

This thread has me wanting so many Wii launch (window) games, it's crazy, just look at my wantlist: Zelda, Excite Truck, Wiiplay, Rayman, Redsteel, Metalslug, Dragonball Z, Warioware!

PantherLotus said:
Wii Menu (English)

wiimenu2_image.jpg
Best mom ever!!

Best mom ever!!
Ah yes - but u see.
By placing the icecream in the fridge and not the freezer it would have melted by the time little Tommy gets it.
So in actual fact - the "best mom eva" is quite the evil one in sheeps clothing.
:)

PantherLotus said:
Wii Menu (JPN)

935580_20060914_screen013_image.jpg

I grew impatient waiting for the EU translation of 3 more interviews on the NCL home page... so i got my wife to do it :p Turns out there's no concept of folders (as systems) for downloaded VC games.. apparantly they wanted it to be more like a game shelf, and that it would be more exciting to see the games and click right through to them rather than navigate through a folder. There's no word on what happens if you reach the 48 channel limit, although one of the devs says his goal is for the channels to become so successful, that people ask them to raise the limit. I can see that screen filling up real quickly if there's absolutely no way to organize them.. but that seems to be what they're saying here.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
935580_20060914_screen013_image.jpg

Okay, so now can anyone explain why there are Icons for Systems (SFC, N64) as well as for VC-Games? If there are no folders, I really don't get the point of this.

edit: oh,oh, wait, that SFC-Icon has also SMW on it. Maybe just an System/Game-Animation though. If that's the point, just ignore me ;(

MaddenNFL64

No folder system? That sucks... I like my stuff all orderly. I'm assuming they can update the OS to increase the channel limit.

MaddenNFL64

^^ I think those might be channels to buy VC games. the N64 one takes you to N64 games etc.

I think you can move stuff around, so at least I have that :\.

MaddenNFL64 said:
^^ I think those might be channels to buy VC games. the N64 one takes you to N64 games etc.

I think you can move stuff around, so at least I have that :\.
I think I read that the VC games lying around on the "desktop" are actually kind of Bookmarks for the games in the VC channel.

MaddenNFL64

Can I have a VC channel 'channel', and no shortcuts/bookmarks to VC games? I'm a minimalist when it comes to these things. If I can help it, i'll try to fit everything on one screen, so I don't need to scroll... yeah, i'm funny like that.

Squeak

MaddenNFL64 said:
No folder system? That sucks... I like my stuff all orderly. I'm assuming they can update the OS to increase the channel limit.
There is no good reason to have things you use often, tugged away in a branching maze of folders.
It makes much better usability sense to have everything spread out so the user can use his/her eyes instead of memory. And of course the gestalt laws should be used whenever appropriate to group stuff in spatial clusters by type, colour, size etc.

Squeak said:
There is no good reason to have things you use often, tugged away in a branching maze of folders.
It makes much better usability sense to have everything spread out so the user can use his/her eyes instead of memory. And of course the gestalt laws should be used whenever appropriate to group stuff in spatial clusters by type, colour, size etc.

Both ways have benefits i think. My suggestion would be this..

First, you buy one game (say for SNES), and it appears as it's own channel on the first channel screen.
Secondly, you buy another game for SNES, and that original channel now converts to a SNES channel that lists all games you have for SNES, whether it be 2 as in this case, or 200.
Thirdly, while browsing the SNES channel, you can 'pin' a specific game to the main channel screen for easy access.

I figured the SNESlogo/SMW thing was an animation as well..

wiimenu6_image.jpg

I think this one shows there's only a single Shop channel too, no quicklinks to purchase those games like MaddenNFL64 suggests.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Xdrive05 said:
Kombat Kart: Double Dash!!

:lol

Looks like bighead mode to me. After seeing what the rest of the game may or may not look like, I'm going to go ahead and say that Acclaim? would be better off making some horrendous mini-game fest using the MK IP.

And maybe they could include MK 1/2/3. That might be freaking sweet. Not happening though.

Top Bottom