• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Warrior
fuck yes this deep warpy bass ugghhghghgh so good :cry:
take me away dance commander :cry:
melody is somewhat negligible but this is the opening hype track and it's basically perfect
what is this goofy thing at the end? :flail: if i didn't know better i'd think k$ were blowing her entire load on the first track
:bow:
PERFECT

Die Young
this song is all about that chorus and it's a pretty ingenious one
not sure if she picked it up from somewhere else or what but yeah this song is amazing
perfect earworm
OH WHAT A SHAME THAT YOU CAME HERE WITH SOMEONE
this tune took some serious skills to come up with
production is perfect too
PERFECT AGAIN

C'mon
god damn this album sounds just bloody sublime so far :flail: :cry:
this sounds like a pretty flawless driving song
not as brilliantly squirmy as die young but that's ok, this is still amazing
oh! this bridge :cry: oh god yeah the way it builds and unleashes back into the chorus
PERFECT

Thinking of You
uh oh I guess this is where it goes "rock"
okay well that was pretty harmless
ugh and it's getting pretty fantastic! album seems to owe a lot to the amazing production. probs would be an average song if she didn't have the hook-ups
worst song yet but had to happen some time
ooh this daftpunk mid section is raising it :eek: :eek: :eek:
how could i have thought to criticize this
forgive me lord k$
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Crazy Kids
aw yeah i remember this, and if I recall it's amazing
yes it is
guh the emotinally dripping WE R WE R WE R then the BASS aughghghghghg
i feel like one of those dubstep fans making comments on youtube like "this song is dirty as donkey butt" but i can't help it, it's too good :cry:
it's like SLEAZY LEVELs i almost want to say!!!!
hmm well this bridge can fuck right off
that's ok though because it only manages to drag the song down to mere PERFECTION
maybe my fav so far
so PERFECT

Wherever You Are
this is the closest thing to a slow song
thank god for the terrific production on this
that should not be taken as a diss in disguise because fuck production is important too
this is not that interesting of a song and def not her best work but still it's
PRETTY DARN GOOD

Dirty Love
hmm more rock
why do i want to hear iggy pop. oh well.
woah this actually is a rock song :eek:
and here's iggy. don't know much about him but he sounds pretty good here.
i love how relentless this album is so far :rock: :rock: :rock:
almost hope they save the slow songs for the bonus tracks cuz the pace on this is great
anyway this is a rather great track. not the best but it's fun and catchy and changes things up and can hold it's head high
PRETTY GREAT

Wonderland
well here's that slow song i wasn't ready for yet
sounds like john mayer
didn't he have a song called wonderland? i think it was pretty good too
anyways i'm not in the right frame of mind to enjoy this song right now but it seems fairly good even if i really didn't want to hear anything countryish
JOHN MAYER / 10

Only Wanna Dance With You
more rock
pretty fun swingy track
is this the strokes? sounds fine
you know this comment reads pretty indifferent so far but this really is a pretty enormously bitching track
but when you compete with some of the early songs you might take a back seat in my mind until a few listens later
don't mind the male vox surprisingly and the guitar solo is fine i guess
yeah this song is very good and i will definitely be dancing to it
well i never dance but i can imagine it being a great song to dance to
VERY GOOD

Supernatural
i remember people were hyped for this track based on some demo that i didn't really get
the shitty leak from a few days ago sounded good though
and the opening is some kind of dark magic :fun:
then it goes to some crazy bass thang :fun: kills it
i love the way verse has nothing to do with chorus :lol: :rock:
this seems like an obvious top tier track so far
I BELIEVE IT
CAN YOU FEEL IT
:cry: :cry: :cry:
and the bass again :rock: yeah this song is very silly but it gives it an epic feel or whatever. lovvve it :rock: :rock:
break down thingy! :dance: :dance: :dance:
lord ke$hus chri$st has blessed us this day :bow:
PERFECT

All That Matters
this seems like a really good song
but really good doesn't quite cut it when you're surrounded by perfection i'm afraid
anyways pretty catchy and i have nothing really against it but not much to say about it either
QUITE GOOD

Love Into the Light
slow track but this is standing out way more than wonderland. feel like it could go anywhere
woah :eek:
didn't expect it to go there but fuck yea :eek:
i don't want to jump the gun but this could be one of those k$ tracks people, like, look back on and shit
not sure if the chorus is all there actually
but man this song is just a sonic feast, bloody incredible. really the whole album is loaded like this but this just characterizes it all
outro slays :cry: :cry:

i guess we go into the bonus tracks now, but:
I remember many months ago when I thought k$ wouldn't be able to put together a fully great album. What a fool I was.
This is clearly better than Animal / Cannibal and is as good as the best b-sides, sometimes better thanks to the insane production.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
^ I still need to hear it :(

As for Rihanna not getting a #1 dont get your hopes up

tumblr_me1yfeRUv91qkbhh0.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Whether or not Rih goes #1 doesn't matter since she'll get dragged for filth anyway, so I'm fine with either. The album will go platinum like the others.

Whether or not Rih goes #1 doesn't matter since she'll get dragged for filth anyway, so I'm fine with either. The album will go platinum like the others.

Only if there are hits. Rihrih's strength has always been that if you throw enough at the wall something will stick. I really see nothing after Diamonds.......she have proved me wrong in the past though. So we will see.

But you are right.....she is filth #1 or not.

Trigger

If I had to honestly guess: Right Now and Nobody's Business will be singles along with Stay. I could see one of those three doing reasonably well.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Only if there are hits. Rihrih's strength has always been that if you throw enough at the wall something will stick. I really see nothing after Diamonds.......she have proved me wrong in the past though. So we will see.

But you are right.....she is filth #1 or not.

TTT only had 1 hit and went platinum. Unapologetic will be fine.

But she's not filth. Bye.

I'm not liking this album as much as I thought I would.

I mean it's good, but there aren't as many complete slayage tracks like Die Young and C'Mon ;_;

I am avoiding the leaks and this is worrying to hear. Die Young and C'Mon are by far my favorite tracks. So epic. Not a fan of the other 2/3 I heard before locking down my ears.

Still.....hyped enough to buy day 1....which I only do on 2/3 albums a year.

oh my

That ATRL Rih #1 thread is messy.

I'm percheD just for the reactions.

Yup....been watching all morning.

First update will be great. Its going to be like 25% reporting and completely irrelevant.....yet there will be cries of victory and tears of defeat either way. Will last until final number come out tomorrow. My favorite day of the week.

Koodo

Banned

BEYONCÉ IN AN INTIMATE, REVEALING
DOCUMENTARY FILM DEBUTING FEB. 16, 2013, EXCLUSIVELY ON HBO

Multiple Grammy®-winner, entrepreneur and actress Beyoncé will be the focus of an intimate feature-length HBO documentary film debuting Feb. 16, 2013, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Directed by the superstar, the film is a fusion of video that provides raw, unprecedented access to the private entertainment icon and high-voltage performances.

“Everybody knows Beyoncé’s music, but few know Beyoncé the person,” said Lombardo. “Along with electrifying footage of Beyoncé onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman.”

“HBO has a history of pushing every boundary with class and authenticity,” said Beyoncé. “Some of my favorite shows are on HBO, so I am excited that my film will be part of its bold programming. This film was so personal to me, it had to have the right home."

The film is a multi-faceted portrait of the 16-time Grammy Award-winning singer, businesswoman, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, wife and mother, showing off the extraordinary gifts that have made her a global phenomenon, and stripping away the veneer of stardom. It includes extensive first-person footage, some of it shot by Beyoncé on her laptop, in which she reflects on the realities of celebrity, the refuge she finds onstage and the transcendent joy of becoming a mother last year.

The film sheds light on her childhood in Houston, with home movies revealing the close bond she built with her family and charts the challenges Beyoncé felt when she decided to manage her career and build her own company, Parkwood Entertainment. The film also captures the intense physical and emotional demands she goes through in the studio, preparing for live performances, running a business and her family life including her return to the spotlight after the birth of her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, in January 2012.

Beyoncé also serves as the film’s executive producer.
I see Beyoka is nawt holding back next February.

iyx2pfHCgD45b.gif

I don't know what to say. There's more tracks on Unapologetic that I like than on Warrior. I may need to give it time.
nULmZ.png

Or just finally join the Navy.

C'Mon and Die Young together are better than all of Unapologetic combined......this is science. Irrefutable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom