• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
cause pretty much everything Wu does (solo or group) these days is a quick cash in. not to make good music.

after Wu-Massacre i wont be burned again.

good beats cost too much.

I stopped there too. Liked Ghostface's last album for the most part though, but it wasn't all that. It's just Wu-Massacre was supposed to be amazing, those trailers and everything man. :'(

thabiz

Those tracks are SOTY contenders though

Its been a pretty strong year. I dont think Madlib fits into my top 10. I do love Madlib, but I find his beats to be very by the numbers for him lately.

Thuggin is good, but not top 10 for me.

Strong SOTY contenders:

Roc - 76
Guilty - Reputation
El-p - Drones
COTN - Subway series

I stopped there too. Liked Ghostface's last album for the most part though, but it wasn't all that. It's just Wu-Massacre was supposed to be amazing, those trailers and everything man. :'(

That was a travesty. When was the last time an album cover was big news, outside of Kanye? The trailers...the promo posters...and then we got that "for the ladies" song/video. How do you spend MONTHS hyping a grimy throwback album, then come out the gate with a weak radio single? Still, I figured "aite it's just a single, this will still be good..."

Nope. That shit doesn't even sound like it was mastered, multiple songs were old/recycled, verses were emailed, etc. Production was mixtape quality, and the "skits" were stupid as fuck. Oh well, at least it gave us another classic Ghostface song (Pimpin' Chipp).

Domino Kid is right. These ninjas just pocket label money, throw out some cheap bullshit on the album, then complain that their careers aren't going anywhere.

bowery

damn big boi these features arent that great....chico dusty had awesome features shine blockas has one of guccis best verses ever

9P4eE.gif

Trey

Thank you kindly, I really enjoyed writing for that beat, I'd love to rerecord with better audio quality on the vocals. Maybe find a better spot in the apartment or find a cheap recording studio and spend a little time fucking around on some songs.

Ya I made it. But sidd brought it to life. I always think y'all make my beats sound listenable, and sid def did his thing over this one.

The piano melody doesn't fit to me. It's distracting. I like everything else though.

HiResDes

Okay I have an idea for a cool feature in the OP, I'd like for a bunch of you to list your top ten albums...The albums that you personally love, not the albums that you'd list on a hip-hop quiz and then I'm going to put them all in the OP under your name with a link to your single post. I want to keep things nice and tidy.

Trey

Okay I have an idea for a cool feature in the OP, I'd like for a bunch of you to list your top ten albums...The albums that you personally love, not the albums that you'd list on a hip-hop quiz and then I'm going to put them all in the OP under your name with a link to your single post. I want to keep things nice and tidy.

I got you by the end of the year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks all for the kind words, appreciate it. Slizz i def need to work on my mixing, gonna go back and tweak some things w/ the vocals. Thanks man.

Also, that 50 single dropped (radio rip) its okay
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/11/26/50-cent-my-life-f-eminem-adam-levine/
You got Adam Levine for a hook and it ends up being THAT bad? How do you fuck up an Adam Levine feature?

Big Boi actually wants me to check out his album this time around, huh.

PBY

Banned

This is a great idea, nice way for ppl to post stuff that wont make our top 10s but still is good music.

Taylor Allerdice straight to the top!

And Ezno...wtf, the first album was sick. There are songs like this one on it, in fact this track samples his vocals from the first album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is a great idea, nice way for ppl to post stuff that wont make our top 10s but still is good music.

Taylor Allerdice straight to the top!

And Ezno...wtf, the first album was sick. There are songs like this one on it, in fact this track samples his vocals from the first album
Yeah, Shutterbug. Only one of the few singles I liked that he put out, since a lot leaked at the same time last time. I'll still check the album out, but he's bringing more heat this time.

CRS

Damn. 10 albums?

I think I can do this, would of preferred like 25 or something haha, but I can see why you did 10 cause of how many members. Probably will have it done by Saturday

JZA?? eh..... No.

8 Diagrams aint bad. Go and relisten to that shit. Its not the clan album we wanted but its not fucking terrible neither.

Ghost the GOAT. His last album was dope. Fuck opinions the shit was great. Black Tequila, Purified Thoughts, Starkology... Some bangers on that shit.

DominoKid having an opinion on Wu Tang is more irrelevant than Shynes life.

PBY

Banned
JZA?? eh..... No.

8 Diagrams aint bad. Go and relisten to that shit. Its not the clan album we wanted but its not fucking terrible neither.

Ghost the GOAT. His last album was dope. Fuck opinions the shit was great. Black Tequila, Purified Thoughts, Starkology... Some bangers on that shit.

Rae>Ghost. But both are great. And I'm still picturing you as a thirty year old from the Bronx.

Tokubetsu

JZA?? eh..... No.

8 Diagrams is terrible.

Since I didn't do the initiation:

ATLiens Outkast
Muddy Waters Redman
Liquid Swords GZA
The Cold Vein Cannibal Ox
The Extinction Agenda Organized Konfusion
Midnight Marauders A Tribe Called Quest
Hell Hath No Fury The Clipse
Will Rap for Food CunninLynguists
Madvillainy Madvillain
40 Dayz & 40 Nightz Xzibit

Marshall Mathers LP
Capital Punishment
Slim Shady LP
The College Dropout
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
good kid, m.A.A.d city/Section.80 (can't choose)
Stillmatic
Ready to Die
Guess Who's Back?
The Shining
House of Balloons (r&b yea yea yea so i put it 11th)

(in no particular order after MMLP)

edit: whoops thats 11...fuck it i could've added another 20 to be honest those just popped into my head first

Esch

Banned
GZA Liquid Swords
Liquid-Swords-330x330.jpeg

Ghostface Killah Supreme Clientele
album-supreme-clientele.jpg

Nas Illmatic
NasIllmatic.jpg

Wu-Tang Clan Enter the 36 Chambers
1308779469_wu_tang_clan_enter_the_wu_tang_36_chambers-f.jpg

Dalek Abandoned Language
Dalek_Abandoned_Language_2007.jpg