• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Doggystyle.jpg
Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Nas - Illmatic
Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
OutKast - ATLiens
Jay-Z - The Blueprint
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Kanye West - College Dropout
Common - Be
Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens

CRS

In no order.

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal

KiD CuDi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day

OutKast - ATLiens (Finally came around to ATLiens being the better album than Aquemini, barely.)

Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star

Nujabes & Fat Jon - Samurai Champloo Music Record "Departure"

MF DOOM - MM.. FOOD

Fugees - The Score

Big K.R.I.T. – K.R.I.T. Wuz Here

Mobb Deep - The Infamous

Honorable Mentions (albums with heavy hip-hop influences):

Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Esch

Banned
Escha is the only poster with these bum ass pictures lol
Is that a YouTube snapshot of Pilot Talk?

its a cellphone screen cap of a youtube picture of an iphone picture of a picture taken using an iphone of a laptop screenshot 2 years ago.

and fuck you. i pick grimey albums, i go for low fi album pictures.

Still scust at all you pantywaists and your kid cudi, i suppose i was 14 and whined about my life at some point too tho

IrishNinja

muddy & esha covered most of my bases

Playa haters making fun of Jza and TM101 in one page. We need to get to the next page before the hiphop gods punish us with limp swords 2

check out tm101, JZA inherited Pac's ignorant throne

i like how you said that bullshit then bodied your own credibility in the next one, that shit's through

sigh Wu Block...

Why can't these dudes get some good production? There are plenty of dudes who are making super dope grimy shit right now, like Harry Fraud, Alchemist, Tommy Mas, etc. Hell I'd love to hear them over Roc Marciano's production.

this production's not S-rank but it's not as bad as you're painting it either. on stella right now, you're playing this album like it's a romney campaign

cause pretty much everything Wu does (solo or group) these days is a quick cash in. not to make good music.

after Wu-Massacre i wont be burned again.

good beats cost too much.

i was gonna say hit up the man with the iron fists but you're dom so i dont even know what to do when you dont like something

And nobody is talking about this 2013 Nate Dogg album because..?

is there even a tracklisting? im trying to remember the last posthoumous hip hop release (MC, not say nujabes) i liked, that biggie one was a mess

ps

m5WbS.jpg

I was actually trying to come up with a solid top 10 favorite rap albums a week ago because I never honestly made one, but these were what came to my head. This isn't in order.

Kanye West - Late Registration

Okay, we all know 808s and Heartbreak was Kanye's best album, but too bad it's not a rap album or else I would list it. To me Late Registration is a perfect follow-up album to what was an fantastic debut album. This is album to me is just more fun to listen to than College Dropout. The rhymes on here have me laughing or chuckling a lot more and I don't feel like there's any really preachy songs like College Dropout. I feel the emotional songs on here more and can connect to them as well.

Goodie Mob - Soul Food

This is just that dark shit I love to listen to. Whenever I listen to this I am always surprised how much Cee Lo goes in on this album. It's clear this dude was going to put out many great albums.

Jay-z - The Black Album
Personally to me this felt like the perfect "retirement" album for Jay. Listening to Jay spit on this album, it truly felt like it to me like he was done with rap after this album and I wasn't mad at all. He put out better albums than Nas has(I see you PD). Nah, but seriously, throughout the entire thing he just came off to me a lot wiser than he did on any other album. For whatever reason I was debating on putting the mash up that Danger Mouse did, but I don't really enjoy the beats that much honestly. A better mash up to me is the Beatles & Wu-Tang, but that's for another day.

The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
I suppose this is what people consider a backpack album? I don't know, but I really miss this type of rap where it just came off as fun( I know there's a few, but I'm just talking about majority here). It wasn't really no gangsta album or anything, it felt like an everyday man album, but had a party type vibe to it. These dudes didn't really care too much about simping, they actually look back at it and made fun of it and turned it into a fantastic song.

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Pretty much same thing I said about Pharcyde applies to ATCQ. I believe the most people album people love from them is The Low End Theory, but eh, I really like the beats on here a lot more. It comes off a lot more polished and it certainly sounds better in the car. The rhymes are of course on par too.

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
I'm pretty sure gin & juice was one of the very first rap songs I learned how to rap, whether that is a good thing or bad lol, it doesn't matter. The song is still hot as fuck til this day and so is the entire album. Absolutely loved Snoop Dogg's flow on this album and he stayed ruthless to hoes lol.

Outkast - Atliens
Honestly for a bit, I was debating on whether I should list their debut album instead of this album. I listen to both albums a lot, but I guess what puts Atliens over it is Elevators, that song is just so ridiculously good. "I live by the beat, like you live check-to-check
If you don't move your feet then I don't eat, so we like neck-to-neck" is something that just stays in my head all the time.

Xzibit - 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz

Personally I believe the beats on here are amazing. Off the top of my head, I can't really think of anything that sounds like What you see is what you get, it's easily my favorite Xzibit song. This album contains such a godlike Ras Kass verse too. The only misstep on this album to me is the Shroomz song, but besides that everything is just perfect for me.

The Game - Documentary
Man, I have so many memories with this album. Haha, I remember when I first heard this album the whole The Game/The Documentary mixed with his constantly name dropping thing made sense to me. I took it as the album was like a Documentary of Hip-Hop so that was his reason for namedropping throughout the thing, thought it was genius, it didn't bother me one bit. Of course, I didn't know he'd continue on doing that, but regardless that hasn't changed my opinion on this album one bit. I truly wish whatever happened between Game and 50 never happened. The songs they made together were just so perfect to me, they had a ridiculous amount of chemistry on songs together. Anyway, incredibly dope album.

UGK - Super Tight
I love UGK, I love bun, and I love pimp c. If I'm being completely honest I think I am the only one here who loves the Underground Kingz double album almost just as much as Riding Dirty and Super Tight, but anyway. While Riding Dirty has hands down my favorite UGK song (One Day) I simply love this album more. I mean it begins with Underground Kings which is a perfect song to begin the album with. Those pianos man those pianos...Then you just have grimey songs like I left it wet for you, I try to avoid fucking around with chicks with BFs, but on the times I do, I am instantly reminded of that song.

I actually kind of hate being limited to top 10, because I feel like I could list 5 more that I would exchange with my top 10 depending on how I feel.

Edit: Amazing, I mentioned that Jay Z/Beatles mash up and a remastered pops up.

CRS

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Bizarre Ride.

SHIT.

Man, I really want to edit my list now. Dammmmn it. Should have given it a little more thought.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Personal top 10's eh
Edit: I have to add an 11th, fuck you if you disagree but I refuse to not include G Funk Era considering the ridiculous amount of playtime it got and still gets

Warren G - G funk era
Regulate_G_Funk_Era.jpg

Nas - Illmatic
illmatic.jpg

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Doggystyle.jpg

Dr.Dre - The Chronic
220px-Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg

Arrested Development - 3 years...
41S1KKRFDXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wu Tang - 36 chambers
Enter+the+WuTang+36+Chambers.png

Scarface - Untouchable
61%2BlKfl-cUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Outkast - Southernplayalistic
4114SEEXGAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Eminem - MMLP
J6msc.jpg

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
CypressHill-BlackSunday111024_f.jpg

Bone Thugs - E.1999
510dL1Y0b%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Capital Punishment, Man on the Moon 1, Get Rich or Die Tryin, and Low End Theory all would make the list on any given day. Safe and Sound too. Probably have a completely different list if I had some time to sit back and really think about it and listen to some stuff. But I don't. So there it is.

SoilBreak

Banned
Okay I have an idea for a cool feature in the OP, I'd like for a bunch of you to list your top ten albums...The albums that you personally love, not the albums that you'd list on a hip-hop quiz and then I'm going to put them all in the OP under your name with a link to your single post. I want to keep things nice and tidy.

no particular order

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

AZ - Doe or Die

Black Star - Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star

DJ Quik - Safe and Sound

The Game - The Documentary

Nas - Illmatic

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor

MF Doom - Operation Doomsday

Scarface - The Fix

Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Did two people just refer to themselves as T-god?

I should blow up this entire thread

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Bizarre Ride.

SHIT.

Man, I really want to edit my list now. Dammmmn it. Should have given it a little more thought.

I feel comfortable enough with my top ten, but there are some I feel bad about since I can't put 20 albums in a top 10 lol
Did two people just refer to themselves as T-god?

I should blow up this entire thread

I'll still exist.

Edit: Actually now that I mention UGK. Your Bun B mix was pretty great, had some songs I never even heard which is always cool.

Blackace

I feel comfortable enough with my top ten, but there are some I feel bad about since I can't put 20 albums in a top 10 lol

I'll still exist.
Wanna test that theory?

After compiling it, it feels really predictable.

Nas - Illmatic

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu Tang Forever

Ghost Face Killah - Supreme Clientele

Cunninlynguists - Oneirology

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Kanye West - The College Dropout

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle

Blu - Below The Heavens

Outkast - ATLiens

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Esch

Banned
no, i'm saying that im embarrassed that Soilbreh would disgrace his top 10 with some underwear stain like a lupe album. i dont distinguish between the two

Blackace

Not going to judge people's list

Not. Going. To judge!

Ahhhh!

Glass Rebel

Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Nas - Illmatic
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Gangrene - Gutter Water
Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Raekwon & Ghostface - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Method Man & Redman - Blackout!