• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reference point from start of the year. AI up OVER 40 million today.

If AI isn't even comparable to less than a year ago....how do you expect it to be accurate over multiple years?

First week of year.
TOP 10
1. RIHANNA - We Found Love f/Calvin Harris: 144.302 (- 2.039)
2. BRUNO MARS - It Will Rain: 119.199 (- 1.777)
3. KATY PERRY - The One That Got Away: 104.729 (- 0.659)
4. ADELE - Someone Like You: 99.089 (+ 2.637) ▲
5. LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It: 96.737 (- 1.071) ▼
6. DAVID GUETTA - Without You f/Usher: 96.559 (- 0.616) ▲
7. FLO RIDA - Good Feeling: 96.220 (- 1.428) ▼
8. JAY Z & KANYE WEST - N***** In Paris: 95.180 (- 2.596) ▼
9. GYM CLASS HEROES - Stereo Hearts f/Adam Levine: 92.177 (- 0.041)
10. MAROON 5 F/CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Moves Like Jagger: 85.538 (+ 1.831)

Last week

TOP 20
1. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 185.776 (- 2.072)
2. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 160.244 (+ 0.862)
3. KE$HA – Die Young: 147.816 (+ 1.047)
4. NE-YO – Let Me Love You: 144.505 (- 0.217) ▲
5. FUN. – Some Nights: 143.646 (- 1.519) ▼
6. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 137.278 (+ 2.416)
7. ALEX CLARE – Too Close: 123.850 (- 1.170)
8. CHRIS BROWN – Don’t Wake Me Up: 101.733 (- 2.167)
9. TAYLOR SWIFT – We Are Never Ever Getting…: 100.533 (- 2.067)
10. MIGUEL – Adorn: 95.583 (- 0.806)
11. FLO RIDA – I Cry: 94.120 (+ 1.118)
12. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 92.565 (+ 0.460)
13. JUSTIN BIEBER – As Long As You Love Me: 86.691 (- 0.767)
14. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 84.920 (+ 1.705) ▲
15. PINK – Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 83.296 (- 0.943) ▼
16. ED SHEERAN – The A Team: 65.986 (+ 1.413) ▲
17. JAKE OWEN – The One That Got Away: 64.726 (+ 0.002) ▼
18. NICKI MINAJ – Va Va Voom: 63.811 (+ 0.731)
19. FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Cruise: 63.364 (+ 0.373)
20. KANYE WEST – Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 61.579 (- 0.006) ▲

Have an exam to take...will check back later

Servbot24

Banned
Phresh Out the Runway: 6/10
Fun song, but there's nothing to it really. Soulless. As I suspect the remainder of this album will be.
Diamonds: 6/10
I can get behind this song somewhat despite Rihanna clearly having no interest in singing it. Girl just waiting on her paycheck.
Numb: 7/10
Would be a 10/10 if it was Em the whole time over a Rih sample. Dark! Of course he would need an entirely new verse though.
Power It Up: 6/10
I kinda like the dark hazy direction of the album but I hope it picks up cuz I'm getting bored.
Loveeeee Song: 4/10
Good thing I've heard Jump is a jam or I'd be giving up by this point. Rihanna is hilariously disinterested in this.
Jump: 5/10
Well this is maybe the most boring "energy" track I've ever heard in my life. Ffs.
Right Now: 6/10
Songs has a bit more grip than Jump. Still not great at all. The bass is fun but we've all heard it a thousand other times by now.
What Now: 6/10
What on earth? A melody?? :eek: Still a boring song but I'll take it I guess? Bridge can get fucked.
Stay: 4/10
Was bored by this song pretty much immediately. Not a good song. I'm sure the stans will insist it is, it's stripped down after all! Pointless.
Nobody's Business: 0/10
Not gonna listen to this shit.
Love Without Tragedy: 3/10 Mother Mary 8/10

I'm done with this I think. Ready for 5 to come and save us.

Get It Over With caught my ear before I turned it off, this is actually nice. :)

Okay now I'm done with it.

Bladenic

Fun song, but there's nothing to it really. Soulless. As I suspect the remainder of this album will be.
I can get behind this song somewhat despite Rihanna clearly having no interest in singing it. Girl just waiting on her paycheck.
Would be a 10/10 if it was Em the whole time over a Rih sample. Dark! Of course he would need an entirely new verse though.
I kinda like the dark hazy direction of the album but I hope it picks up cuz I'm getting bored.
Good thing I've heard Jump is a jam or I'd be giving up by this point. Rihanna is hilariously disinterested in this.
Well this is maybe the most boring "energy" track I've ever heard in my life. Ffs.
Songs has a bit more grip than Jump. Still not great at all. The bass is fun but we've all heard it a thousand other times by now.
What on earth? A melody?? :eek: Still a boring song but I'll take it I guess? Bridge can get fucked.
Was bored by this song pretty much immediately. Not a good song. I'm sure the stans will insist it is, it's stripped down after all! Pointless.

Get It Over With caught my ear before I turned it off, this is actually nice. :)

Yasssss drag the Bajan sewer rat monstrosity to the absolute pits of hell.

You skipped the best song on the album gorl.

royalan

Agree with all of this except for the Numb. For me Numb is a great track that just gets completely ruined by Eminem.

You have this sexy, hypnotic track that makes you wanna call up an old flame, roll a blunt, sip on some ice-cold Alizé, and have sex on the livingroom couch while it plays, and then out of nowhere here comes Eminem with his little boy lyrics and obnoxious sound effects and just kills the whole sexy vibe. :(

The song is an 8 for me until we get to Em's verse, then it becomes a 2.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
She didn't even promote the song, she just threw it out on iTunes. If she opened with End of Time or Countdown and promoted it at least a little bit, the era would have gotten its momentum.

She did three things wrong:

1) Wrong first single
2) Very little promo before the album release
3) Scattered choices with singles: She went from releasing 1+1 on iTunes, to announcing Best Thing I've Never Had as the second single, to releasing a Countdown video, to performing Love On Top at the VMAs. I don't think she really had much of a plan with organizing the promo which is why the album didn't spawn a single smash

Agreed, it was her own fault. And as you can see Gaga didn't steal any thunder from her.
Especially since Bey got more promo during the VMAs than Gaga.

Artemisia

Banned
Listen to this shit instead. Rih needs to learn to take after Miss Tina in these matters.

She sounds like she's dying

iU9Q58L6I2pZz.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
7Zq4e.jpg

Where is Azealia's song?! (╯ಠAಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

A Rihanna album not worth listening to? Who would have thunk it!

Artemisia

Banned
eventually, it just becomes too sad

I'll tell you what's sad.

Based on past sales, and current single performance, RCA predicted that Girl on Fire would sell 300k first week.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09197m01

ALICIA KEYS-GIRL ON FIRE (11/27) Projection - 300k

HOWEVER:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09209m01

If we're reading the tea leaves correctly, Alicia Keys' new RCA set, Girl on Fire, should land at #1 next week, shifting somewhere between 150k and 175k units.

I guess the public no longer has the time of day to give to a homewrecker.

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

Kyon

Banned
Pretty sure if she didnt go full pop like she did she would've done like 200-300k first week. Not that we will ever know and I don't care about what ifs and or buts.... But let's be fucking real.

royalan

I'll tell you what's sad.

Based on past sales, and current single performance, RCA predicted that Girl on Fire would sell 300k first week.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09197m01

HOWEVER:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09209m01

I guess the public no longer has the time of day to give to a homewrecker.

iNNM5i6A33dvi.gif

Ch...wouldn't be the first time HDD got it wrong with Alicia. They predicted The Element of Freedom would only move 300-350k first week. It's moved 400+.

Alicia has consistently been an albums artist. At this point it's a safe bet to assume she'll sell more than what is predicted by her singles performance. That's how it has been for a while with her.

Servbot24

Banned
LOL at the thought of Taylor needing to "go pop" to sell a million records. Girl can do whatever she wants as long as she keeps slaying it.

Kyon

Banned
Yeah Alicia has always sold albums. Idk why you're TRYING to drag ArteMESS.

Though with that massive DECLINE in boRED I can see why you would be going after other girls.

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Indeed. Nobody's Business is a bop.

Also: I've come to love No Love Allowed. I think Get It Over With should have been the album closer.

Haha I was referring to No Love Allowed anyway. At least he MENTIONS Nobody's Business in his review. :(

@Royalan I think the issue is that her songs from Fearless and Speak Now treaded the line perfeclty between good country and accessible pop, whereas everything on RED is full-on pop, and pop only. At least she fell under the country genre before. Now she's just a tame, slightly more damaged Avril Lavigne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom