• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Marv_79

Neo Member
Will make sure I'm on later, I'll help you with the boss if you haven't finished him by then.

Still not done him :( but will be on tonight from 9pm (gmt) if you still fancy heping me out.

Does anyone know why my trophies are in Japanese/Chinese? I've got a US xseed copy.

Mondriaan

Still not done him :( but will be on tonight from 9pm (gmt) if you still fancy heping me out.

Does anyone know why my trophies are in Japanese/Chinese? I've got a US xseed copy.
I'm going to guess that you probably don't have language set to American English.

(Some posts on GameFAQs seem to say that there's nothing you can do about it if your PSN account is European, though.)

Fistwell

okay vitaGAF, worth importing for someone who likes MoHu?
It should be waiting for me tonight when I get back from work (furiously f5ing the UPS tracking page right now), will update with impressions in a cple of days.
unless P4G steals all my playing time

Is anyone even still playing this?

Do people still play this? It seems hard to find people to play with........

As an owner of the Japanese version I am shocked that there is no DLC... but since the option does exist in this game ( the pouring on the bed ) I hope some DLC will come in the future.

Toki767

As an owner of the Japanese version I am shocked that there is no DLC... but since the option does exist in this game ( the pouring on the bed ) I hope some DLC will come in the future.

Practically all the DLC from the Japanese version is already included in the North American version.

I just pick it up earlier this week. Add me: fireflys545

OmegaZero

I've been playing to grind for a weapon with no success.
If anyone needs help beating a Story mission, I'll be available for the next few days (though it'll depend on my internet connection's mood).

Sera O

Banned
Can anyone tell me if the save for Ragnarok Odyssey is tied to the game card or to the vita? I have two - one tied to my Canadian PSN account and one to a Japanese one. A friend of mine was playing ad hoc multi with me, using a physical copy of the game in the JPN vita. If she eventually gets a vita, It would be good if I could just send her the gamecard and she didn't have to redo earlier chapters. I tried moving the physical version to my other vita to check, but I got an error telling me I'd need to delete my PSN copy if I wanted to load the physical one.

Another question - I switched from cleric to sword for co-op. The base damage per hit was somewhat better and interrupting enemies was easier, but it was pretty boring - just slash slash slash. I haven't found a combo that compares to the exorcism area finisher the cleric has, and I switched back once we got to our second encounter with Grendel just for that move. I must be missing something when it comes to sword combos - any tips?

Grisby

Just started playing and have a question or two:

1) Is it worth it upgrading any of these early bows I'm getting? I'm a Hunter and I keep seeing the same type of bow. When do I find better ones? Different chapters etc?

2) Same goes for headgear and outfits. Are they unlocked by story progress? Is headgear just cosmetic?

Just started playing and have a question or two:

1) Is it worth it upgrading any of these early bows I'm getting? I'm a Hunter and I keep seeing the same type of bow. When do I find better ones? Different chapters etc?

2) Same goes for headgear and outfits. Are they unlocked by story progress? Is headgear just cosmetic?

Most if not all equipment progression is unlocked by advancing through the story. I wouldn't bother upgrading the early weapons unless you really find yourself struggling: later weapons not only have more attack power but can also have better and higher-leveled abilities. Headgear is just for looks, no stats attached.

Grisby

Most if not all equipment progression is unlocked by advancing through the story. I wouldn't bother upgrading the early weapons unless you really find yourself struggling: later weapons not only have more attack power but can also have better and higher-leveled abilities. Headgear is just for looks, no stats attached.
Thanks. Time to switch to glasses then.

Grisby

Sheesh, just got my ass kicked by the Orc King. Guess Hunter isn't much of a solo class. Wasn't doing any damage to that fool.

Noi

My Vita downloaded a patch for this today. Anyone know what changed, if anything?

Edit: Boooo, they fixed the engrish trophy names/descriptions!

8384382030_3ce75e8936_z.jpg

NEVER FORGET.

8143613054_df533d90c1_z.jpg

Sera O

Banned
My Vita downloaded a patch for this today. Anyone know what changed, if anything?

Edit: Boooo, they fixed the engrish trophy names/descriptions!

I still have the Japanese trophy names on my trophy list, so I will check when I get home to see if the patch fixed that too. I feel sad for having missed out on blowing so many enemies though lol

Foxix Von

Blarg I'm getting back into this game after setting it down for a bit. Does anyone have any tips for fighting flame giants as a mage? I'm nearing the end of chapter 4 and the jerks are driving me mad.

OmegaZero

^^^ Use Midair attacks. Ground magic leaves you more open IIRC. It's been awhile since I've played a mage though, so someone may have a better strategy.

Also, I FINALLY beat the first Orc Shaman fight thanks to a DM build! Feels so good.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I beat the game a couple days ago with my friend so and am now doing end game grinds for better gear.

Feel helpless haha. Some crazy strong people online.
Also sucks that I can't find a complete item list online. I've found like 4 or 5 lists, and each one is missing something or other.

Nearly have Plat as well, just a few more trophies.

Foxix Von

Oh god chapter 8 is a nightmare. This game really feels like it's way longer than it needs to be. They've run out of enemies to throw at the player and now they just start stacking boss battles on top of each other. UUUUghhhhhh.

I would really, really love some help getting through the rest of this if anyone hops online in the near future. :( I can't solo this stuff without extreme frustration. I feel like my vita is going to end up lodged in my wall shortly...

It's hard finding a match online, if only due to all the freaking connection errors ;_;

OmegaZero

Oh god chapter 8 is a nightmare. This game really feels like it's way longer than it needs to be. They've run out of enemies to throw at the player and now they just start stacking boss battles on top of each other. UUUUghhhhhh.

I would really, really love some help getting through the rest of this if anyone hops online in the near future. :( I can't solo this stuff without extreme frustration. I feel like my vita is going to end up lodged in my wall shortly...

It's hard finding a match online, if only due to all the freaking connection errors ;_;

I may be available most of the day on Friday.
I'll post back if I can help.

Sera O

Banned
I'm unexpectedly close to the platinum - all I have left are helheim, and of course the cards.

I see on the card list linked above that there isn't really an indication of which have multiple pictures - unless it's only the guardian, loki and domovoi cards that that applies to. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of regular enemies with two pictures though - is there a way to tell this?

Anyway, if anyone wants a hand progressing, or to do some extras/bosses, I'll probably be on trying for cards for a few missions each evening.

I see on the card list linked above that there isn't really an indication of which have multiple pictures - unless it's only the guardian, loki and domovoi cards that that applies to. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of regular enemies with two pictures though - is there a way to tell this?

The two Guardians (laser/no laser) and the two Lokis (sitting/floating) are the only instances where you need to worry about multiple pictures for an enemy. Everything else is one and done. You also don't need to worry about getting the cards for the enemies in the DLC content, as they don't count toward the trophy. (In other words, you only need cards #1-58 in this post's list.)

Sera O

Banned
The two Guardians (laser/no laser) and the two Lokis (sitting/floating) are the only instances where you need to worry about multiple pictures for an enemy. Everything else is one and done. You also don't need to worry about getting the cards for the enemies in the DLC content, as they don't count toward the trophy.

Cool, thanks for that. I think I was confused because of all the various giants and the only slightly different looking chiefs - it turns out I almost have everything. Just need to work on the giant sisters, hrung, surt, and the lokis. I initially thought that each card with different abilities was considered unique for the trophy purposes. That woulda been a nightmare, haha!

Sera O

Banned
Killing Surt over and over for his card. Slowly losing my will to live.

Maybe I'll just abandon this whole card thing.
After one last try

But. . . only Surt and the Lokis left now. I've got scavenger hunt on but maybe I also need to equip luck shift. I didn't want reduced crit rate, but if cards come as quest rewards, I guess I should. No point killing him a bit faster if I have to do it a million more times.

If anyone's looking for cards outside of those three, pm me your psn and I'll near ya.

Abylim

Any fellow gaffers still playing this?
Been farming for what seems like forever, if anyone has some good Assassin stuff (atk 5 dbl atk 5 daeg, for instance, or decent cards) I'd greatly appreciate it!

If not, any advice for farming? Is assassin a good class to be farming with? Any recommended cards? I've looked up most of it, but looking for confirmation, or alternative solutions.

I love this game, wish it had experience in it, but sooo addicting!

PSN - Abylim

Holmes

I know this thread is kind of dead, but might as well ask. Anyone willing to near me some endgame boss cards? Here are the ones I'm looking for.

Surt
Utgarda Loki (Sitting)
Utgarda Loki (Floating)
Bronzed Grendel
Hrungnir

My PSN ID is PapasitoPenguin.

I can solo every other boss whose card I don't have, but not these ones. And no one stays in the room for more than one crack at the boss most of the time. It's frustrating.

Ashler

Bought and started playing this game Friday and i'm loving it. Although the missions are a bit repetitive, the combat more than makes up for that. Plus, co-op up to 4 against a giant boss on the Vita is epic.

One of the best games I've played on the Vita so far.

RoeBear

I know this thread is kind of dead, but might as well ask. Anyone willing to near me some endgame boss cards? Here are the ones I'm looking for.

Surt
Utgarda Loki (Sitting)
Utgarda Loki (Floating)
Bronzed Grendel
Hrungnir

My PSN ID is PapasitoPenguin.

I can solo every other boss whose card I don't have, but not these ones. And no one stays in the room for more than one crack at the boss most of the time. It's frustrating.

I can near you Utgarda Loki (Sitting) that's one of the only ones I have that wasn't neared to me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
DLC is going away today... don't know why.
Hopefully some of you see this in time if you didn't already get it.

XSEED Games ‏@XSEEDGames 13h
[Ragnarok Odyssey] Limited Time DLC Reminder! 4/2/13 they're gone! Grab the TaeKwon Kid, Gunslinger or Ninja outfits NOW or else! *_* Hurry!

@shelfcompact 7h
@XSEEDGames They're going away or just not free anymore?

@shelfcompact They're going away. Get 'em while you can! (I don't think the store has updated just yet, so they should still be there.)

Foxix Von

Welp! Turns out all the network trouble I was having was due to my shitty router. Just snagged a new router this morning and I can actually connect to every game I click on. WOO! I feel silly now for blaming RO for having shitty netcode.

Okay well it's still not great net code but most of it was on my end :(

master_emman

Neo Member
nevermind. neogaf magic worked. I beat him an hour after posting.lol

I used Assassin and concentrated on HP and attack stats. I also used a +10 weapon with double attack lv3.

I always used swordsman but needed to try the assassin this time as advised.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thanks I wish they would have just put the notes on the patch screen, I couldn't find any news about the update any where.

Go to the bubble sub-menu and look at "Update History" for patch notes.

I want to know exactly what it did though. I wasn't aware of any issues with trophies?

fates

I got a Vita recently and downloaded the demo for this. At first I didn't like it but I gave it another shot and it's growing on me now. Preordered ACE, looking forward to it.

Is there a image of the weapons/armor though? I'm really eager to see what some of it looks like. Some of the stuff I saw in videos looked pretty cool.

Top Bottom