• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ffdgh

Bride is great especially since more females have access to lance faire and galeforce to make bows not useless :D.

ffdgh

Dread fighter yes. Think of it as the grand master class but with better res and strength and access to axes.

Bride is debatable.

Sully was one of my beasts. I would just throw her in the middle were all the enemies are and she would kill them all barely losing any health.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
For real or is it a joke? If it's seriously, why?

It's serious, I don't know why though.

WsiPQpD.jpg

2 more strength than she would have as a Falcon Knight. (2 less than a hero, but Severa is my main hero) Can still use staffs along with a bow. Also, no need to waste a skill slot for Iote's Shield or Bowbreaker.

THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS

You started it first. Hmph.

daxy

Just ordered this :>
It'll be my first Fire Emblem game too. Pretty excited to try this waifu sim everyone's been going on an on about.

McNum

Noticed something when I reclassed Nowi and checked out Manakete Morgan's options. Do Manaketes always have the dragon weakness no matter what class they are? That suddenly makes Swordbreaker more necessary in case of Wyrmslayers even when they're not in dragon form.

Draxal

Notices something when I reclassed Nowi and checked out Manakete Morgan's options. Do Manaketes always have the dragon weakness no matter what class they are? That suddenly makes Swordbreaker more necessary in case of Wyrmslayers even when they're in dragon form.

Ayup, taguels the same with beast weakness.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Noticed something when I reclassed Nowi and checked out Manakete Morgan's options. Do Manaketes always have the dragon weakness no matter what class they are? That suddenly makes Swordbreaker more necessary in case of Wyrmslayers even when they're in dragon form.

Yep, they do. Taguels are the same--they will always have the beast weakness no matter what class they are in.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bwahaha I have no idea how to complete the first real map (after prologue) on Lunatic.
THEY'RE ALL COMING FOR ME

Use Frederick to tank the hits. Get MC or chrom to finish them off if you can.

Usually I find that you have to kill the myrmidons and mages with Fred.

What dictates the skills transferred to the avatars child? I checked out the Morgan chapter and she only had Slow Burn from him with the rest being abilities from Cordelia. I want her to get Galeforce and Lifetaker, is that possible?

Shahadan

Use Frederick to tank the hits. Get MC or chrom to finish them off if you can.

Usually I find that you have to kill the myrmidons and mages with Fred.

Yeah but that map has a guy with a hammer and Fred can't take that many hits in this mode. I'll try again tomorrow but I guess I should watch a video or something

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What dictates the skills transferred to the avatars child? I checked out the Morgan chapter and she only had Slow Burn from him with the rest being abilities from Cordelia. I want her to get Galeforce and Lifetaker, is that possible?

They will get the last active skill from each parent, excluding DLC skills and Special Dance.

Just picked this up for my first ever handheld game along with OOT3D and my only reaction to it is:

images

You guys are all talking about stuff and I'm like, I like the guy on the horse (Freddrick) he kicks ass.

:(

Antiwhippy

Yeah but that map has a guy with a hammer and Fred can't take that many hits in this mode. I'll try again tomorrow but I guess I should watch a video or something

Oh that map. I thought you were talking about prologue.

You need to trade the MC's bronze sword to Frederick. He'll dodge the hammer with a sword most of the time.

The weapon triangle is a lot more important in lunatic.

Shahadan

Oh that map. I thought you were talking about prologue.

You need to trade the MC's bronze sword to Frederick. He'll dodge the hammer with a sword most of the time.

The weapon triangle is a lot more important in lunatic.

Oh interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that >_<

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked this up for my first ever handheld game along with OOT3D and my only reaction to it is:

images

You guys are all talking about stuff and I'm like, I like the guy on the horse (Freddrick) he kicks ass.

Just be careful not to overuse Frederick. Great Knight is a promoted class which is why he is so strong, so basically assume he is level 21 to the rest of your units level 1 or 2. He'll end up eating all your experience causing your other units to be weaker than they should, and he'll eventually stop being so awesome, then you'll be kind of screwed.

This game has grinding to get around that, but if you play "correctly" you won't have to worry about that. All the FE games have a unit like him (well, Radiant Dawn is kind of weird in this regard) and it's probably really common for newcomers to fall into the trap of heavily using those guys.

EXPonential always the best place to grind for levels?

On normal with Paragon, probably. On hard once you've capped your internal level even the level 30 Risen will only give 47 experience (94 with Paragon) to a level 1 promoted unit, and that slows down quickly. I'm finding Rogues and Redeemers 3 to be fantastic for experience while I grind for Limit Break manuals.

Anteo

images

He is 20 levels over everyone else on your army (even though his level says 1) and like half of his damage comes from his weapon that will break after a while and you can't replace until really late in the game. (You can give him a shitty early game weapon with half the damage after it breaks)

Also, really first handheld game ever? You never got a handheld before? Why is that?

Oh interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that >_<

Try to get him to one of the forts, for extra defense and avoid. Abuse pair up with MU to get extra exp with the veteran skill.

Draxal

Morgan would start off as a peg knight if Cordelia was the mother hence her having the two pegasus knight skills. You would need to have Galeforce as the last skill equipped for Cordelia and Lifetaker as the last skill equipped for the avatar to pass those 2.

Ghazi

images

Don't worry, even I said that about Frederick when I first picked the game up. Trust me, your knowledge of the game will get better as you play. This is my first Fire Emblem too.

Bwahaha I have no idea how to complete the first real map (after prologue) on Lunatic.
THEY'RE ALL COMING FOR ME

The first 5 chapters are basically a multi-tier chess puzzle. Similar to Lunatic mode in New Mystery of the Emblem, you need to do inventory planning for chapters for optimal results.

In the Prologue, you want to give your avatar's bronze sword to Fred so he can abuse the weapon triangle against the hammer user in chapter 1. In chapter 1, you want to give Fred Sully's bronze lance and Virion's elixir so he can save his silver lance for chapters 3 and 4 and tank enemies in Chapter 2. If you know how the AI works in Fire Emblem, the first 5 chapters aren't actually too difficult in Lunatic mode.

Antiwhippy

Lunatic still kinda sucks though, because you really have to make sure that MC and chrom is at a high enough level to not get knocked out by one enemy attack. By then they're too overpowered and the rest are too weak to really matter from my experience.

Yeah, that's the problem with Lunatic mode. I'm not even sure if Lunatic is completable without crazy RNG luck and/or DLC. The enemies from the second chapter onwards are enough to double or one hit kill everyone in your army, I have no idea how you can finish the game without grinding.

I guess that's what you expect from Fire Emblem Lunatic mode. I remember the prologues in New Mystery being impossible unless you picked a Knight characters and got very specific strength and defence growths.

ohlawd

And before you ask, I.... can't take pictures worth a crap :( Nor can I edit.

This took longer than I thought. Damn you real life! Nevertheless, I've done it.

ohlawd's Army of Waifus ver. 2.69 :D
Version 1 was basically the same thing but without Limit Breaker and that was a looooong time ago.

Just click on your favorites to see what their stats are like as maxed out Brides.

1st gen

Anna
Cherche
Flavia
Lissa
Maribelle
Miriel
Nowi
Olivia
Panne
Say'ri
Sully
Sumia
Tharja
Tiki

2nd gen

Cynthia
Nah
Noire

FREAKING SPOILERS - don't click these or even dare put your mouse near these spoiler tags until you've finished their respective Chapter or Paralogue/Side Story

- Chapter 13
- Paralogue 20
- Paralogue 22

And finally...

My queens, the leaders of my army, the best of the best, the sexiest of the sexiest and so on.

Unfortunately not all of these pairings are optimized to the way I'd like but it is what it is.

But enough of that, I've put in a lot of time training every single one of these lovely ladies so enjoy.

Jintor

But in another sense it's the optimal use of DLC.

But in another nother sense it's evil as fuck. Well, corporate as fuck.

3DS needs a goddamned screenshot function. Even if like the Vita it doesn't work in half the fucking apps

Top Bottom