• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

I know close to nothing about Bleach, but it always seemed to me, from what little I caught, that instead of writing a plot they just added more characters. There's so many characters.

Hasn't Tite Kubo even stated that his preferred way to get himself out of a corner, is to introduce new characters?

Yes:

Q: What comes first? the characters, or the story's plot?

Tite Kubo: (emphatically) Characters first!

Q: Bleach has so many characters with so many different powers, weapons, personalities and relationships! How do you come up with them?

Tite Kubo: I really don't intend that characters have certain personalities when I come up with them. Sometimes I can't think of any new characters. Then other times, I come up with 10 or more new characters.

Jex

Valvrave ep 5

sF0yfjD.gif

I uhh ....what?

You guys say Saki is best girl. I say Saki has a screw loose in the head. She won't win.
Well, under the codified rules of anime relationships no, she wouldn't win. However, in Valvrave, literally anything is popular.

Nafe

With the Attack on Titan opening being so popular I wonder what it would sound like if this guy did a version of it. He only seems to do video game music for now though as I believe some of his videos were originally posted in a thread on the gaming section. Still pretty neat.

Jex

[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) 5

Super budget episode. Tons of off-model animation and stills, but training through the previous two arcs prepared me. :p Didn't expect to feel DTLesque, what with the bromance and
wishing Avdol weren't dead. ;__; AVDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The fight was really good despite the animation dip, though. Very imaginative use of the villain's stand, but I have to say I prefer the ripple users to the stand users for some reason.

Hurry up and get onto the 90's OVA's!

Go_Ly_Dow

Fate Zero - 1

Not bad, not bad.

You will love this.

First episode is the worst episode too (sorry duckroll). It gets way better.

From very popular anime site that shall not be named

View Poll Results: Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion

5 out of 5: Loved it!

348 74.84%

4 out of 5: Liked it

72 15.48%

3 out of 5: It was OK

30 6.45%

2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 1.72%

1 out of 5: Hated it

7 1.51%

Voters: 465

Bring it brah!

fertygo

Macross SDF - 27

MADONNA SAVE THE EARTH

Such a good episode, dem sakuga.. if I'm not lazy I would make couple of .gif right now.

I accepting #TeamMisa now, but don't get the Minmay hate.. she very charismatic when singing, Its about as much I can to hyped to hear popstar at this eps. Guess I just don't care outside of that, would looking forward to see her route in DYRL. Kaifun can rot to hell though.

First episode is the worst episode too (sorry duckroll). It gets way better.

The premiere is 4th best episode!

Twelve varieties but you only get ten per order? Blind boxes can die in a fire. Otaku being easily exploitable completionists ruins it for the people who would just pay a little more for a complete set.

preordered

I kinda like mystery boxes, especially when there's a character among the set that you really don't like. Makes it all the more exciting!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd be surprised if it ended with anybody, since Maou has shown the sex drive of a wet sponge.

Hopefully we'll at least get a sequel to kanna-cries-gintoki-laughs.gif
It's painfully obvious who that will be. Unless they pull a Maouyu and do the harem ending.

If someone discusses them, but doesn't really like them
(like firehawk12!)
, are they still a nerd?
If anything, that'd make them the biggest nerds!
Faulty premise, because I only hatewatch some cartoons! lol

Mature

Well yeah its a shounen series.
True. Maybe it stands out more because of how stupid it looks.

Macross SDF - 27

MADONNA SAVE THE EARTH

Such a good episode, dem sakuga.. if I'm not lazy I would make couple of .gif right now.

I accepting #TeamMisa now, but don't get the Minmay hate.. she very charismatic when singing, Its about as much I can to hyped to hear popstar at this eps. Guess I just don't care outside of that, would looking forward to see her route in DYRL. Kaifun can rot to hell though.

The premiere is 4th best episode!
I don't hate Minmay, but when put next to Misa she's meh. Also, Minmay spends her time with Kaifun. Kaifun. If you spend your time with Kaifun, you're not a good person.

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 18

Lesson for this episode: Kids can be jerks behind your back. Especially if your friend made you take part in a relay and you are a slow runner.

fertygo

Macross SDF 28

Misa got chara design upgrade?
Her hair doesn't look like butterroll again.
I don't hate Minmay, but when put next to Misa she's meh. Also, Minmay spends her time with Kaifun. Kaifun. If you spend your time with Kaifun, you're not a good person.

Misa need time to develop either, her likeness to Kaifun was far more silly.. And your point are bad, there's a lot good people stuck with terrible person as couple.

Kaifun probably worst character ever btw.

Sour Precure 43

Doomsday Episodes are go and Aphrodite gets kidnapped in exchange for their G Clefs/Cure Modules. Resulting in the worst Precures ever
because they willingly gave it to Falsetto/Noise when other villians didn't need to coax the other Pretty Cures to do their bidding
Tsubomi would be ashamed.

BassDrum and Baritone have been converted and Mephisto put his life on the line to make sure it happens

Shit's doomed and they didn't even have a Christmas episode, that's how terrible these Cures are.

CorvoSol

Well, some people don't think about characters in a clearly fictional story
being real historical figures. Or they just don't know much about Isaac Newton.

I guess I do know a bit more about the guy,
mainly that he was an Anabaptist or somethin' and intensely into Alchemy.
but I dunno, I just felt like they made it hella obvious, especially because he spends a large amount of time talking about GRAVITY. I dunno, short of showing an apple hitting him on the head, I don't know how much clearer they could've implied it.

The Big O - 02
I love Dorothy already.

Vu6Vxodl.jpg

And the ED song are so good.

I-is this how you're gonna make it up to me for your not liking Nadesico? Because I accept if it is.

Hataraku Maou-Sama
Ashiya = Frederick (from FE:A)
Frederick_Great_Knight_FE13_Map_Icon.png

Fire Emblem Anime
From the two episodes we get, it actually doesn't seem like it'd be a half bad show. It starts out a little confusing with all the information overload at the start, but if you're acquainted with Shadow Dragon (Or FE3) then it isn't quite so bad. It's cheeseball early 90's fantasy stuff, but it is at least enjoyable. Personally I think it could have been better than Lodoss War if they had finished it.

Please Ninterudo bring back Fire Emblem anime

also lol at Caeda's Dr. Seuss feet

Sparrow's Hotel - 01

Girl works at hotel, has unusually large breasts and kicks butt with 90's character design.

So how do these 3 minute episodes work on Japanese broadcasts?

Steroyd

Chihayafuru S2 - 17

One thing this show does well despite Karuta being a boring sport, is portray the ebb and flow of a game which has lead to matches being given a sense of intensity about them.

This was not one of those times.

Every card that was won or lost was followed by visualizations and monologuing, which to be fair, is what the series has done all the way through from the beginning but in this case the whole focus was solely on Chihaya's match, which made it feel like a horribly padded out episode.

Plus now we
have an excuse of why Chihaya is going to lose to the Queen or not enter the singles tourny to prep for a season 3 lol.

CorvoSol

Macross SDF - 28
This new conflict not making sense, why Kamjin seeking war?

Well enough for today I guess.

Well this can be start of our new bond.

Don't let me down with this one, man. You have to watch all the way through the tomato flavored madness of S2.

Code Geass 15

I know I've already said it, but the second OP of this show is utter, unlistenable shiiiiiit. Especially compared to the stellar first OP. Second, I can't believe the opening scrawl has tried to claim Lelouch is somewhere between hero and villain. Especially after last episode. He's a villain through and through. Zero shades of grey.

Schneizel? Isn't Schneizel a Pokemon? Hahaha, Lelouch is freaking out at C2 because of poor widdwe Shirwey. VILLAIN. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AND IT ONLY TAKES LESS THAN A DAY FOR SHIRLEY'S NEW PROBLEM TO SHOW UP. And Lelouch tries to write it off as "we had a fight" and Milly buys it?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY.

HEY WHOA NAKED LADY. When did this show air again? HOLY EFF THAT'S A LOT OF CARNAGE. Oh my gosh is that a chainsaw? OH MY GOSH OH MY GOOOOSH. Oh damn that was cold blooded.

cajunator

Banned
They are both cool!

I suppose so. Music composing is one of the coolest things ever though.

Still waiting on Galaxy Express 999 DVDs to come in.

You done good here.

So I caught my wife up on Evangelion, though we still have through the Rebuild movie series, but we wanted to watch something much more lighthearted next up.

qQ761Knl.jpg

Will Hyoka do the trick? I only know that it's done by Kyoto Animation. Nothing more than that.

Hyouka is kind of boring for half the series but its light hearted too.

Mayaka sucks. She should have been fat and loveable.

Well.

After doing some Googling around, I have to say that I didn't realize what I said about KyoAni was like, an actual thing people argue over. I was just basing it on casual observation of their shows since K-On!.

So, er...my bad?

Side effect of said Googling: I think I want to watch Chuu2 now.

Yes, you want to watch Chuu2. This is an excellent idea!
Touka > Nibu > hair down Dekomori > Rikka > bola hair Dekomori

Need the peace figure. Oh that reminds me I need to unbox Cure Peace Figuarts Zero.
I must share the squee with animugaf.

Fate Zero - 1

Not bad, not bad.

If you like episode one, widely thought to be the worst, you are going to love this probably.
Enough to buy the 700$ series?

did this actually upset people? Wait, I know the answer. Of course it did!

Utena HD DVD.

The first time I would ever triple dip a show.

-Horizon-

Valvrave 5

Saki
slapping Takahi
, good job Saki.

Song montage was corny but the last few minutes of the ending was...interesting.

Anyone watch(ed) Natsume Yuuchinchou?

I'm going through the anime slowly because I don't want it to end. It's so happy and sad and endearing all at the same time.

Typically I watch anime dubbed, but I actually like the sub a lot. Nyanko-sensei just has the cutest voice, and Natsume himself has a good one too.

mAcOdIn

Anyone watch(ed) Natsume Yuuchinchou?

I'm going through the anime slowly because I don't want it to end. It's so happy and sad and endearing all at the same time.

Typically I watch anime dubbed, but I actually like the sub a lot. Nyanko-sensei just has the cutest voice, and Natsume himself has a good one too.
I never saw the dub but I love the show myself.
The first time I would ever triple dip a show.
You would buy a HD-DVD of Utena? Do you even have anything that could play it?
So you own an HD DVD player?
Lol, barely beaten, this is what I was thinking.

Suite Precure 45

Okay, I'm thinking that 4 episodes for the final arc is longer than it should be. It's just Noise and Falsetto now.

Cresendo Tone has to be one of the most worthless powerup mascots ever
considering she fails often and she gets sealed. Otokichi gets sealed as well.

/XX/

To keep up the Mr. Imaishi craze, I'd love to see someone trying to translate some bits of the 'post-mortem' interviews with him for each of the Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann episodes, present on the WEB ANIMESTYLE to promote the current TV emission and upcoming Blu-ray BOX:

【ARCHIVE】今こそ語ろう『天元突破グレンラガン』制作秘話!! | WEBアニメスタイル
http://animestyle.jp/special/gurren_archive/

At least to make sure if there is some new information, or only recycled one...

Just a reminder of his interpretative skills:

Funky Forest: The First Contact - Home Room 1 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3Pf7ZQqww

Funky Forest: The First Contact - Home Room 2 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDvLqwa1J5I

Funky Forest: The First Contact - Home Room 3 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg812JXCdk0

What I want to know is... will he also be an animator for it?

There's a new PV for the Yukari and Erwin's Excellent Adventure OVA from Girls und Panzer BD volume 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ktaRqVg_Gc
Knowing now Erwin's traitorous nature, Yukari should have been more cautious around her!

cajunator

Banned
Memories 02 - Stink Bomb

Taco Bell, the OVA. Pretty predictable including the ending but fun. Classic comedy of stupid people doing stupid things!

So you own an HD DVD player?

read that as Utena HD (as in bluray)
I forgot that HD DVD is a thing.

Also Memories is fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom