• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda worried now that some of the reviews say the game has become basically a more generic version of the game Metro 2033 was. I'm gonna wait for the reaction of Metro 2033 fans to this till I buy it.

I was a hugeee fan of Metro 2033. Last Light in normal mode isn't very threating. Ranger mode would be more for you. Otherwises, it's a great sequel.

JDSN

Banned
I like reading the review from these kind of games because I know they unlike most of the shit IGN writes, its not gonna have an ounce of hype because its no an AAA release from the western bloc.

"performance troubles"
"nine out of ten"

I remember when they deducted two and a half points from the Wii U version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed because one of the challenge modes was glitchy, which got patched like a week later. Fun fact: the PS3 version of Skyrim (also reviewed by VanOrd) received the same score as its 360 counterpart, despite it being broken.

Foshy

Then why not giving it a 3-5? 7 should be for good games.

7/10 is always a funny score.

People who like the game will say "nuh uh, 7/10 is good, what's your problem?"
People who want to shit on the game on the other hand will say "har har only 7/10, disappointing shit game"

Doran902

7/10 is always a funny score.

People who like the game will say "nuh uh, 7/10 is good, what's your problem?"
People who want to shit on the game on the other hand will say "har har only 7/10, disappointing shit game"

At least its not as bad as the 2 out of 10 for halo 4 that was a shit storm of fanboyism and haters.

AHA-Lambda

Ugh, so sad...that Destructoid review :(

Yeah, think I'll just pass now. I can't be arsed with another typical action shooter.

Also where have some if you guys been this gen? A 7 in modern games journalism isn't a good score (that shouldn't be the case of course but that's the world we live in).

haikira

I love how everyone's playing dense about the 7 scores. Yes, we get it, it shouldn't be a low score. But you're behind the times, if you're honestly questioning it.

There's a few alarm bells, from reading those reviews. Though if the atmosphere holds true to the original and the enemies are less of a bullet sponge, i'll be happy.

BiggNife

Yeah, I hate OPs like the one in this thread.

1) There's no point to posting a review thread until AFTER the embargo drops.

2) Why make a review thread if you're not going to update the OP with the scores?

scitek

Reviews for Last Light are about where I expected them to be. The things that put me off with the first game were the shooting and enemy animations being absolutely terrible and failing to react to your shots. If the shooting aspect of a shooter is bad, I'm going have a hard time getting into it no matter what else it does well. It sounds like that aspect's been improved in this game, so chances are I'll like it better right off the bat.

SamuraiX-

I don't want to condemn the OP or anything, but there were plenty of people who could have created this thread and who would've actually updated it.

That said, it's disappointing to see so many early 7s coming out considering Last Light was looking to be more than just a "good" game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Reviews for Last Light are about where I expected them to be. The things that put me off with the first game were the shooting and enemy animations being absolutely terrible and failing to react to your shots. If the shooting aspect of a shooter is bad, I'm going have a hard time getting into it no matter what else it does well. It sounds like that aspect's been improved in this game, so chances are I'll like it better right off the bat.

The shooting is MILES better. The game feels great. The console versions even have auto aim tweaks you can make alongside sensitivity.

iNvid02

i just read why kylen was banned and cant stop laughing, why would that even bother you so much
KuGsj.gif

also, great job OP

scitek

The shooting is MILES better. The game feels great. The console versions even have auto aim tweaks you can make alongside sensitivity.

Good. I tend to be able to enjoy shooters as long as the shooting feels good, even if the rest of the game's subpar. I've been playing Doom 3: BFG Edition lately, and even though the story's non-existent, the graphics dated, and the weapon sounds rather weak, the movement and the punch they pack feels great, so I'm still enjoying it a lot.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i just read why kylen was banned and cant stop laughing, why would that even bother you so much
KuGsj.gif

also, great job OP

Yeah, that was the reason why he got banned, but he got Junior'd because of a thread with fucking nothing in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom