• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

Going with the woman and some friends. I need to get me a Vegas outfit.

Here's a couple of recommendations from my Vegas trip.
J1xBf.jpg

cyNLg.jpg

I was shopping on amazon for new whey right now and gambled on caramel toffee fudge flavored ON whey because it was cheaper than other flavors. Do I need to go acquire some arrested development "I've made a huge mistake" GIFs for this? I've only had chocolate and vanilla from ON before.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Believe it or not, that is the "feeling good" part.

Everyone's body handles the stress of working out differently from one and another. I'm pretty sure the pain that you're feeling is actually mostly muscle soreness. Your body is trying to adapt to the elevated levels of activity. Honestly, it might even take more than a week for you to get used to this level of stress, but trust us, your body will adapt.

Once it does, you won't experience quite the same level of soreness as you do now, but you'll kinda wish you still did.

I just started going to the gym last Sunday (been going every other day so far) and I'm just now getting over the soreness that set in on my first visit. My quads, ass, and groin were especially sore and Tuesday was the peak. I can see what you mean about it "feeling good," though, as you know you're going to be stronger once you recover.

The soreness is mostly gone today, and I just tried doing some air squats this morning before coming into work and I was amazed by how light my body felt compared to just a week ago. It was like I got some extra springs in my legs or something.

I just started going to the gym last Sunday (been going every other day so far) and I'm just now getting over the soreness that set in on my first visit. My quads, ass, and groin were especially sore and Tuesday was the peak. I can see what you mean about it "feeling good," though, as you know you're going to be stronger once you recover.

The soreness is mostly gone today, and I just tried doing some air squats this morning before coming into work and I was amazed by how light my body felt compared to just a week ago. It was like I got some extra springs in my legs or something.

Yeah improved strength and flexibility feel really awesome, keep up the good work.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Off to do hi rep squats! Been up since five and entering hour 20 of fasting! I surprisingly feel pretty energetic.

Imm0rt4l

I'm so reluctant to do cardio, but I feel I won't get any leaner without it. I'm seeing pretty decent muscle separation though a little puffy in this pic, might be spilling over as I had been eating more in celebration of my sisters and the homie's graduations. Dieting down isn't that serious to me, though I would like to see if I have any sort of feathering going on, it could be like Christmas tree action in July.

Hwj1hZ1.jpg

blackflag

Thanks! When I approach the bar, I have the middle of my foot below the bar, grip it, and lean in so my calfs are touching. I pull the bar up and make sure that it never leaves my legs, rubbing the entire time.

I will try and put some more arch into it next time which is next Friday.

You are describing it right and everything else looked good. Good job.

blackflag

I'm so reluctant to do cardio, but I feel I won't get any leaner without it. I'm seeing pretty decent muscle separation though a little puffy in this pic, might be spilling over as I had been eating more in celebration of my sisters and the homie's graduations. Dieting down isn't that serious to me, though I would like to have see if I have any sort of feathering going on, it could be like Christmas tree action in July.

Hwj1hZ1.jpg

Goddamn son!! Soon it will be my turn

SeanR1221

I'm so reluctant to do cardio, but I feel I won't get any leaner without it. I'm seeing pretty decent muscle separation though a little puffy in this pic, might be spilling over as I had been eating more in celebration of my sisters and the homie's graduations. Dieting down isn't that serious to me, though I would like to have see if I have any sort of feathering going on, it could be like Christmas tree action in July.

Hwj1hZ1.jpg

Your fitocracy logs are insane. I wouldn't be surprised if you're the strongest guy here pound for pound.

ILoveBish

Hwj1hZ1.jpg

You look amazing man. One day....

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Hwj1hZ1.jpg
Son of a B!! End of thread guys. RIP FitGaf.

Impressive isn't strong enough. Way to work Imm0rtal! Way to work.

Satch

Banned

Hwj1hZ1.jpg
fuck off

Nelo Ice

Banned
Finally decided to order Starting Strength. Even though this thread and videos I've seen have been really helpful, I really think i need to read exactly what to do.

Satch

Banned
Will you be joining us fitbros now? You and Evil can compete to see who's the strongest mod.

he only posted in here to get his satch-related laughs for the day

we have a history

but i think that he should stay, even if only to cement himself as the baddest dude on neogaf (sorry evilore)

SeanR1221

Fuck. Lowered the starting 5/3/1 weight for squats and as I'm warming up, everything feels ok for the first 3 sets. Get to 185x5 and on the 5th rep huge tightness in my lower right back. Fuck fuck fuck. Tried leg press but after one rep that wasn't happening. Moved on to pull-ups and at least I got a pr on them (5x6).

My upper body stuff has been going great, but this lower body stuff :/ it's really depressing to see your hardwork just dumped. I know it's a temporary setback and only rest can help it but it just sucks.

rando14

Awesome! dhftns has a ton of recipes with vanilla protein so this'll be great for that!!

Thank you Petrie, I love you :cool:

Fuck. Lowered the starting 5/3/1 weight for squats and as I'm warming up, everything feels ok for the first 3 sets. Get to 185x5 and on the 5th rep huge tightness in my lower right back. Fuck fuck fuck. Tried leg press but after one rep that wasn't happening. Moved on to pull-ups and at least I got a pr on them (5x6).

My upper body stuff has been going great, but this lower body stuff :/ it's really depressing to see your hardwork just dumped. I know it's a temporary setback and only rest can help it but it just sucks.

Lower back tightness? Could you describe it please?

I'm surprised it happened on the leg press machine, leg press does a good job keeping the low back out for most, unless the low back was tweaked when squatting and just stayed bothersome.

Might be you need to work on your posterior chain more before you can advance to higher weights.

SeanR1221

Awesome! dhftns has a ton of recipes with vanilla protein so this'll be great for that!!

Thank you Petrie, I love you :cool:

Lower back tightness? Could you describe it please?

I'm surprised it happened on the leg press machine, leg press does a good job keeping the low back out for most, unless the low back was tweaked when squatting and just stayed bothersome.

Might be you need to work on your posterior chain more before you can advance to higher weights.

Yeah it was probably just still bothering me from squats. I did some light leg curls and now I'm stretching. Slowly doing some hanging back raises is making it feel better.

muscle.jpg

Going by this it's in the internal obliques. It just feels very sore and tight.

It's not shooting like pain. I can feel a huge knot there.

bro1

Banned
Man, I love workout days because I can go and get food I know is bad for me afterwards and not feel guilty about it.
Or you could eat well and feel even better!!

On a side note, my UC has killed my desire to eat. It's eggs, chicken, and rice 24/7. Can't wait to feel better and variety. Also amazed at how I am still staying strong.

ZeroRay

Well, at least you stopped before it got too bad. My ego got the best of me and I'm out of doing squats/deadlifts for at least a week.

SeanR1221

Well, at least you stopped before it got too bad. My ego got the best of me and I'm out of doing squats/deadlifts for at least a week.

That's the thing though, I already took off a week :/

I'm looking to see what chiropractors my insurance covers so I can get free massages.

Zozobra

Anyone here take greens-type supplements? I picked up some more whey protein this morning and the guy at the supplement store asked me if I was taking greens as well. I guess in addition to improving immune function, they're also supposed to help out with energy levels (in combination with proper diet)?

I have taken them in the past (Greens Plus), but they are quite expensive, just wondering what the opinions are of if they provide enough benefit to someone who is training.

Mark1

What do you do if you're on holiday and there's a rubbish gym? There's only 2 machines which have many functions. A lot of the stuff though is not good. I was using it for legs but only did leg extension and leg press, how many rest days should I have before doing them again?

Matugi

What do you do if you're on holiday and there's a rubbish gym? There's only 2 machines which have many functions. A lot of the stuff though is not good. I was using it for legs but only did leg extension and leg press, how many rest days should I have before doing them again?

Do body weight stuff

SeanR1221

Well, looks like there are no chiropractors in our network, but there are 3 sports medicine doctors that specialize in the back. Here's to hoping I don't have to wait too long to see one.

Here's a couple of recommendations from my Vegas trip.
J1xBf.jpg

cyNLg.jpg

rofl. i will pass on those

I'm so reluctant to do cardio, but I feel I won't get any leaner without it. I'm seeing pretty decent muscle separation though a little puffy in this pic, might be spilling over as I had been eating more in celebration of my sisters and the homie's graduations. Dieting down isn't that serious to me, though I would like to see if I have any sort of feathering going on, it could be like Christmas tree action in July.

Hwj1hZ1.jpg

looking jacked and strong

-------------------

soooooooooooo

i might have pulled a groin muscle. when i sneeze it hurts. moving my legs around causes pain in the lower right area of my groin.

fuck =/

Jack_AG

Banned
235 bench today. I haven't shot for my 1RM since my last deload. I could probably have done more but it was my 4th shot with my first being 220x2 after a warmup.

I feel OK with this considering my time off.

Doing my first refeed day today. This is glorious.

So far...

Meal 1 (pre-workout):

-8 egg whites
-4 pancakes

Meal 2 (post-workout)

-2 Oreo Pop-Tarts
-1 scoop whey

Aiming for ~350g carbs and obviously keeping fats fairly low at ~70g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom