• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 120-129
kingdom129.png

The buildup to this one single moment was utterly perfect in every way. Incredible.

If only I hadn't realised there's little over one and a half volumes of this left translated. :(

Solune

Instead of reading the Hotman manga?
TBH, some people find the art off putting so I'd like to get as many people into it as possible. I started out with the jDrama (because Sorimachi Takashi owns) and I read the manga after.

There was a time a few OTs ago alot of people started getting into it. It was the highlight of my GAF time.
Aw shit.

I knew there was a manga I forgot to keep up on.

The infrequent scans are brutal but auwx is like Gari, a one man operation so it's tough.

Solune

Sometimes, the drama adaptations are better than the mangas like Moteki or Nodame Cantabile.
I think some of them are worth watching if they are entertaining to. I watched the GTO(1998) jDrama before reading the manga or watching the anime and I still love it. Need to watch the newest series. Uhh what else has there been that I've watched that has been adapted... Densha Otoko never read the source material but watched the jDrama, Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi, Galileo. All solid. I also want to check out the LA Ranma, Shouta and Firehawk have seen it I think...
I seriously can't remember where I am now.

I think a marathon is in order.

Haha all those feels all over again. Something heartening about seeing Enzo yell Nanamiiiiiiiiiii

Ouji no Hakoniwa 2

Good opening page. Yuzuru potentially changing is a good development especially with the phone conversation at the end. I do think Iwase made a chance for him to escape though, but I don't think he will actually run away, unless that would be the climax of this one volume story, then it could be possible.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 69-70

It's so hard to honestly care about what's going on in this series due to just how convoluted the whole thing is at this point. :/

Kurita

Kokou no Hito vol.2
Dat cover
Another great volume, definitely digging the main cast.
The new "arc" is pretty interesting, with Mori going solo, with the support of the asshole journalist. I foresee a power of friendship thing coming.
As usual, there are some good panels every now and then :

Am I the only one who feels that Kokou No Hito is a mess. Granted some parts of it is pretty good but overall it feels rushed.

It's like the mangaka just got bored and wraps up threads at a whim because he's tired of the arc he has written, and does it again and again until it ends.

wonzo

Banned
Honey & Honey 18-29

I pretty much lost it at the yuri manga discovery and Sachiko asking just what a mans penis is like. This manga can be both hilarious and informative at times but one thing it never stops being is sweet. I hope Sachiko and Masako are still happily together considering this was published in 2006.

survivor

Banned
Be my best friend, watch HOTMAN.
Is it as good as Usagi Drop?

I think this is one of those Survivor things. We're talking about a guy who defends this abomination.
You know I was just messing around with this. All the Pokemon manga suck.

I thought I remembered survivor shitting on jdramas before though
No, you are right, jdramas are pretty shitty. Bad acting, bad writing, no sense of direction, etc. Though that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a few of them since they pander to me.

He's watching and enjoying Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou.
curlyfriski, you should totally watch Biblia Koshodou. It's like Hyouka, but with slower pacing and less subtle.

El Sloth

Banned
Honey & Honey looks pretty great. Putting it on the list.

Kokou no Hito vol.2
Dat cover

Another great volume, definitely digging the main cast.
The new "arc" is pretty interesting, with Mori going solo, with the support of the asshole journalist. I foresee a power of friendship thing coming.
As usual, there are some good panels every now and then :
Is this the Wolf Guy artist?

survivor

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai 1-34

The battle shonen genre is still as dead and creatively bankrupt as ever. This was a forgettable and dull experience.

Guess it's up to Arakawa to save this genre again next month.

El Sloth

Banned
Oh right, the mountain climbing comic. I completely forgot it existed. I remember being really into it too. I remember being so happy when life finally stopped shitting all over him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sun-ken rock 124

Sentimental bullshit: the chapter.

So they're going to kinda retcon Kim's character into this sentimental crap now? Sure.

At least the white dragon arc is looking pretty promising.

Glass Rebel

I just hope Arakawa has the freedom to change the story if she is not satisfied with the source material.

I am not familiar with the novels (since they haven't been translated to English) but reading the summary of the OVA adaptation on Wikipedia it sounds a bit generic. We'll see what Arakawa does with it though. I hope it isn't as bad as Hero Tales D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom