• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guile Frames up for SSFIITHDR OMGWTFBBQ!

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php/2007/06/15/p333#more333

553171085_cd32b12c46_o.jpg

552890378_6fe31d1e53.jpg

553171273_8306a462b4_o.jpg

KingJ2002

not bad... he needs some eyes though

now if we can just get some cammy & chun li shots going.... and fei long's background.

Jim

I'm really curious how they are going to blend the sprites in with the BGs. With everything being so crisp @ 1080p I hope they don't become lost with what's going on behind them.

Draft

Nuclear Muffin said:
Something about it looks a bit off and weird but I'm not sure what it is.
It looks like fan art drawn in Flash. I think all the redrawn sprites are rather hideous.

Dali

Ken and Akuma looked awesome, but Guile is totally ****ed up. His face really needs work. His eyes are sunk too far into his skull. His proportions, not his muscle proportions but his torso to lower body proportions, look off. This is just hideous, like it was done by a totally different (less talented) person than Ken and Akuma.

Can these dudes not draw? What the hell? This is like middle school notebook sketch territory. The leg sweep or jump kick (can't tell) looks absolutely stupid.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
BrodiemanTTR said:
Can these dudes not draw? What the hell? This is like middle school notebook sketch territory. The leg sweep or jump kick (can't tell) looks absolutely stupid.

This post is absolutely stupid. Care to whip out your middle school notebook sketches for comparison? Jebus.

Anyways, I'm ready to start seeing these characters in motion where things will obviously look better than they already look.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm pretty sure these guys are forced to use the original sprite color palette, which is why the drawings may not be as good as they would be if they didn't have such limitation.

Dali

Just went to the link provided in the OP and I think this stuff is post worthy.

548499197_cd28774a90_o.jpg

This is a 'Gief prototype portrait. Will be used on character selection screen among other places when done.

zangiefprototype.jpg

And this answers a lot of the questions that I've seen in every thread about SSFIITHD.

Rey Jimenez said:
– Akuma’s mouth is NOT missing. It is part of one of his winning poses where he is making an “O” face. It will make more sense when you see it in motion.

– The chances of this kind of treatment (“HD Remix”) being done on another Street Fighter game will depend on how SF HD Remix does.

– This has not been announced for release on the PC.

– The game will support lower resolutions, not just 1080p.

– We will not be redoing the music or the voice and sound effects.

– Zangief should be retaining all of the scars in from the original game. For that matter, the character designs for everyone else will be the same as well.

– The game will not have any new characters or secrets that the original did not have. We will, however, be re-working the endings. We will not change the main content/message of the endings, but the writers at Udon will be re-imagining them to offer another angle or take on the original endings. I’m not going to spoil anything about them, but it’ll be pretty damn cool for those that know the old endings.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Shoulder muscles look like they were drawn by someone who never drew proffessionally before...

Sure as hell won't stop me from playing it like hell, no doubt!

I too second the notion for some background shots...

BitchTits

Not really liking the Guile one as much, but can't wait for Zangief, I'm so hyped for this! :D

Dali said:
– The chances of this kind of treatment (“HD Remix”) being done on another Street Fighter game will depend on how SF HD Remix does.
Has to mean either Zero/Alpha or SFIII - Fingers crossed. :D

Dali said:
– We will not be redoing the music or the voice and sound effects.
Would've liked to see redone music.

Dali said:
We will, however, be re-working the endings. We will not change the main content/message of the endings, but the writers at Udon will be re-imagining them to offer another angle or take on the original endings. I’m not going to spoil anything about them, but it’ll be pretty damn cool for those that know the old endings.
Sounds good.

Can't wait to see some BG's!

Jim

My comparison... using ripped SSF2 sprites (no idea from what platform):

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

Proportions are definitely off a bit here and there.

Stalfos

I think it looks fine. I'd love to see some comparisons to the original sprites to see how faithful it is.

Edit: Thanks Jim. I think those are probably from the SNES version. I did a quick search for sprites and the ones I saw for the arcade version were much cleaner looking than those.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
WTF at not redoing the original music, voices, and sound effects - look, Super Turbo has /great/ music for CPS2 / Q Sound, but spend all this time and money on redrawing it and not do the sound? There's even tons of existing official SSF2T remix albums out there to borrow tracks from. Stuff like that and the "no new frames" business makes this affair seem much cheaper than they want it too.

Also, I don't like the Guile sprites as much as the other seen so far - the art style /is/ different, looks less professional.

Sorry - don't want to sound like a hater. I really would like this to be awesome. I wish they'd show ONE FULL SCREEN to give an idea of the complete visual presentation. Come on!

Orobi

I don't like the "comic" art of this new sprites. I still prefer the old version, they look more "oriental/japanese".
Those new kind of characters are too vectorial for me :D. It reminds me flash version of some free fighting games on the net. I think it's time to show some anims and background...
Of course I'd like to play as soon as possible this remake :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jim said:
PLEASE... just a teaser of the backgrounds. Please?

I can't wait.

UDON people draw backgrounds????? Learn something new every day I guess

Looks allright, terrible, terrible hands though

BrodiemanTTR said:
Well unless hit boxes are adjusted the artwork needs to keep in scale of the origianl sprites, otherwise youre going to have to stick guiles leg half way into ken before he even feels it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jim said:
My comparison... using ripped SSF2 sprites (no idea from what platform):

(Guile Sprite Comparison)

Proportions are definitely off a bit here and there.

Im at work and don't have photoshop but id like to see one of the sprites over layed on top of the other one at like 50% transparency to get a better idea about proportions.

If the proportions are even a little off, but the engine stays the same, it would really screw with the game play imo. Thinking about the throw mind games with a characters sprite not matching up to its actually hitbox is troubling. Kind of like Cammys sprite in CVS2, it looks like she is not even touching the other character and she can still throw them. On the other side of the spectrum, if the sprites don't match up with the hit box, and it does look like you're able to throw, you could let the other guy wiff, trying to throw you, then just counter with a super or something.

Jim

Raging Spaniard said:
UDON people draw backgrounds????? Learn something new every day I guess

eh?

Kaijima said:
WTF at not redoing the original music, voices, and sound effects - look, Super Turbo has /great/ music for CPS2 / Q Sound, but spend all this time and money on redrawing it and not do the sound? There's even tons of existing official SSF2T remix albums out there to borrow tracks from. Stuff like that and the "no new frames" business makes this affair seem much cheaper than they want it too.

If this wasn't a "low budget" (relatively speaking) digital download remake due out in a few months from now, you would have a point. But it better cost no more than $20.

If you read the blog, the engine is 100% the same, but skinned with new HD art. Period.
Nothing can be added, nothing subtracted. Same frames, same hitboxes, same sound effects and music, same everything.

Top Bottom