• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe announces ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN

Tenki

Lock if old:

My8vTTu.jpg

July 4, 2013
ONE PIECE RPG breaks down on 3DS© this November

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S announces today that the best-selling manga, ONE PIECE, will be adapted on 3DS. With ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN gamers will get a chance to experience RPG following the authentic Eiichiro Oda’s masterpiece.

In ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN, eager fans will have the opportunity to live all of ONE PIECE epic battles against the most famous bosses such as Buggy, Arlong, Crocodile, Rob Lucci and much more. This new game opens doors to sail through the amazingly 3D drawn ONE PIECE world with Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami and other nakama, and run through famous stages such as Baratie, Arlong Park and more.

RPG lovers will enjoy this journey by levelling up their favourite characters, customizing and crafting tons of new items! They also will be able to perform clever strategy with “Grand Tactical Battles” feature, react quickly, and make a swift judgment to decide their own path by pressing the right button. The “Grand Chain” will also let experienced players unleash their power and connect multiple Special Attacks in a row.

“The ONE PIECE games continue to seduce fans across Europe, ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN brings a full new experience as the very first ONE PIECE RPG to stay faithful to the masterpiece” said Olivier Comte, Senior Vice President, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. “As a leading anime license, ONE PIECE is celebrated all over the world. Moreover, ONE PIECE: ROMANCE DAWN will give you the opportunity to be a hero in a super exciting adventure, as a fan, you can’t miss it! ”

ONE PIECE: Romance Dawn is coming soon to Europe.
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/n...-europe-announces-one-piece-romance-dawn/3590
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/product/one-piece-romance-dawn/nintendo-3ds

And a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwgo25aMmI

Kouriozan

Would be weird to get the PSP version as the platform is dead.
My brother is a huge One Piece fan so he'll probably buy it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Huge OP fan but the RPG didn't look too hot for me on the PSP. Which is fine since the 3DS RPG lineup for PAL gamers in the next months is already ridiculous.

3DS version :(
They want to sell some copies.

If there is really a reason why One Piece is not popular in America and Latin America (at least on TV and not by people/otaku watching the anime with fansubs) is because of that shitty 4Kids version. I know that this changed now (Funanimation right?) but it really hurts the One Piece franchise a lot in our market.

Tsunamo

Whoa, wasn't expecting this at all. This gives me a (slight) hope that Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode might end up coming over to the West afterall.
Good timing with the announcement, just as I was starting to get back into One Piece and fall in love with the series again. I'll gladly pick up a copy when it launches.
Wasn't this on PSP? Might as well get that version because lol region lock.
Yeah, but the PSP version was released in Japan only.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If there is really a reason why One Piece is not popular in America and Latin America (at least on TV and not by people/otaku watching the anime with fansubs) is because of that shitty 4Kids version. I know that this changed now (Funanimation right?) but it really hurts the One Piece franchise a lot in our market.

4Kids is a pretty big reason.
Though I know some people hate the art style, even going as far to say it's "not anime enough compared to Naruto".

Hopefully scamco europe don't bungle this like they did the cruise port.

It's a shame they're keeping the japanese cover, it's god-awful.

Celine

Wait is this the latest OP game announced for 3DS or the port from the PSP rpg.
Heard it was quite bad.

Tenki

What I find surprising is that the game is coming August 8 to Japan, and comes here barely three months later. One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP took almost 9 months.

Whoa, wasn't expecting this at all. This gives me a (slight) hope that Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode might end up coming over to the West afterall.

I hope so!

With Toonami airing One Piece again I wonder if Bandai will give US 3DS releases a try? Unlimited Cruise SP would probably be a better choice than Romance Dawn, even though it's old. Or better yet, wait for Unlimited World Red.

Really cool it's getting localized, even if it's only for Europe right now. Maybe NA will get it if Pirate Warriors 2 does well.

Cool. 30th August.

I'm up for doing the OT if no-one objects. Got most of it done :p

Oh cool, if you already did then go ahead.

I claimed it but never actually did anything (yet since I was more focused on DW8's and lolnoreleasedateyet), so by all means have at it!

Also, lol, no American release date yet.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know much about the series or the psp game, but will follow it as it looks interesting

ElFly

4Kids. Also it is just too cartoony for most people IMHO.

I think it has been successful in some european countries, like Italy, but that started showing the anime almost immediately, so maybe it is a thing of giving the audience enough time to learn to like One Piece.

At least in Latin America the anime ends kind of early (I think the farthest I've seen is the Crocodile arc) but the story only gets really good with the Water 7 arc.

Oh cool, if you already did then go ahead.

I claimed it but never actually did anything (yet since I was more focused on DW8's and lolnoreleasedateyet), so by all means have at it!

Also, lol, no American release date yet.

Oh sorry, didn't realise you'd claimed it first. But it's cool if you're ok with it :)

I'm still after a OT header though, so if you could help contribute still that be great.

Edit: I see you did the OT for the original game. I'll do you proud, promise!

Please just give us an eshop release in NA. Hopefully we'll at least get World Red.

With Toonami airing One Piece again I wonder if Bandai will give US 3DS releases a try? Unlimited Cruise SP would probably be a better choice than Romance Dawn, even though it's old. Or better yet, wait for Unlimited World Red.

I have to agree with this. I'd rather get a non-ripoff version of Unlimited Cruise SP (with both games) and Unlimited World Red than Romance Dawn. Hopefully we at least get something.

Oh sorry, didn't realise you'd claimed it first. But it's cool if you're ok with it :)

I'm still after a OT header though, so if you could help contribute still that be great.

Edit: I see you did the OT for the original game. I'll do you proud, promise!

Ahaha, don't worry about that. I only claimed it and haven't even started on it so no big deal.

Not too confident on OT headings, so we'll see on that front.

North America too? Please? Don't leave us hanging again.

I'm starting to think that only the Musou games are going to be released here in North America, with no Funimation dub and will only be digital-only.

I'd be surprised if this title does come out here, although there's probably no way it'd get dub (even with Brook already cast). I'd buy it even as I grumble about it possibly being sub and digital only (and being digital-only is a pretty big deal-breaker for me, with the 3DS "account" system in place). Unlimited Adventure is still my favorite One Piece game simply because of the Funimation cast.

I really wish we could have got One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP for 3DS, that game looked awesome and I loved Unlimited Adventure. Only if the NA branch of NB actually gave us some One Piece games every once in a while rather then Naruto all the time.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 is coming to the US but I still want Unlimited Cruise SP more.

I'm starting to think that only the Musou games are going to be released here in North America, with no Funimation dub and will only be digital-only.

I'd be surprised if this title does come out here, although there's probably no way it'd get dub (even with Brook already cast). I'd buy it even as I grumble about it possibly being sub and digital only (and being digital-only is a pretty big deal-breaker for me, with the 3DS "account" system in place). Unlimited Adventure is still my favorite One Piece game simply because of the Funimation cast.

Well, Namco NA did released Project X Zone with no dub and as a retail release so it's not unprecedented for them to release this here as a retail game. Will they bother is another question.

I'm thinking of getting a 3ds and as I'm a Japanese game fan, is Europe still classed as a second class citizen in regards to English localisation.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ugh, I've not heard anything good about this game. I wish they had brought over Digimon World Re:Digitize instead.

Kater

Banned
Never played a One Piece game but I was a big fan of the series until it just got absolutely crazy (The Pepsi muscle guy's appearance, Franky was his name I believe. That marked the downfall of the series for me).
Might try it if I have the time, interest and the money to buy it.

Either way, I'm happy about the amount of games the Europeans get from Japan, it's awesome. Don't we also get Bravely Default before it hits NA? Madness! :)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Never played a One Piece game but I was a big fan of the series until it just got absolutely crazy (The Pepsi muscle guy's appearance, Franky was his name I believe. That marked the downfall of the series for me).

Either way, I'm happy about the amount of games the Europeans get from Japan, it's awesome. Don't we also get Bravely Default before it hits NA? Madness! :)

Keep going. Keep fucking going.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
I do hope this gets released Stateside. Though I've stopped watching One Piece - it's great, but I'm way backlogged on it - this features the first rivals of Luffy's crew, and that's ok in my book.

Heh, you stopped right before the best arc in the series. Of all places...

Man I'd love it if we got Unlimited Cruise SP in NA (both in one), even if it's old, I think they said they had to split them in EU because if all the languages of text they had to support? Still, how much space would that take up?

Man I'd love it if we got Unlimited Cruise SP in NA (both in one), even if it's old, I think they said they had to split them in EU because if all the languages of text they had to support? Still, how much space would that take up?
It was debunked as the most bullshit lie anyone could do, I believe the size of the overall individual games were below 1GB....
Edit: Half a GB apparently =/

Edit: Huh November 2013 apparently (from trailer), and yes cover looks terrible....

Wait, what? Brook has been cast in the dub? I got to the start of Impel Down in the anime when I just felt burned out (trying to keep up with the Funimation dub, the sub simulcast, and the manga) and then just a couple months ago my sister wanted to give the series a try via the dub, and now she LOVES it and I've gotten back into the series by starting over with the dub and watching it with her.

Top Bottom