• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"ToS 2" coming to Wii?

Farore said:
Weird that Kurosaki didn't post in the other thread and hasn't show in this one...
What other thread? Is it that weird to sleep on my timezone normal hours of sleeping? Its 9:23AM here :lol

About this thread, I'm still waiting for Jeux-France's ToP2, ToA2 and ToA Wii. No comment on this one.

Sagitario

I was just playing a quickie Symphonia session, I think I'm going to do a full replay soon... one of the awesome things about this game: 60 FRAMES PER SECONDS IN AND OUT OF BATTLES!!! [and no loading of course] SMOOTHNESS AND FLUIDITY FTW!!! :p ...

When I replay ToS [having played TotA already], I'll miss the overlimit bar, the AD Skills and the way they're handled [the ExSkills system is very limited and rough] and of course, the free 3D movement in battles... If only in Abyss you could equip 2 accessories... :p

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
What other thread? Is it that weird to sleep on my timezone normal hours of sleeping? Its 9:23AM here :lol

About this thread, I'm still waiting for Jeux-France's ToP2, ToA2 and ToA Wii. No comment on this one.

Oh... time zones... it figures! :lol

The other thread I'm talking about is this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6953325#post6953325

Well, since I spent the last hour and a half thinking about this, I should comment about it so I can focus on other things today :lol

Lets see, a direct sequel to Symphonia is doubtful, only direct sequel in the series is Destiny 2 and that just has you-know-who to play from Destiny cast. Symphonia 2 (as a name) sounds like trying to lure Nintendo fanbase again in the West. Not to mention there is a somehow sequel, Phantasia, and changing the cast again plus the events in the game (to Ragnarok War for example) would probably mean another different title, not Symphonia 2. This isn't a strong point, sure, but lets say other options sound far more likely than this one.

Also, I haven't seen anyone in IGN guessing previous Tales announcements, last time (June last year) we only knew about them (Destiny Remake and so) thanks to early leaks of Dengeki or whatever magazine it was. At this rate, when an announcement actually happens, everyone will be fed up just on rumors...and I'd have to remember everyone that the only tales announcement in the last 12 months is a Fandom game.

Trying to give some more weight to this, maybe Namco Hometek is making this game on their own. You can count me on the Tales haters Team the very first moment something like that is announced :lol (you can bookmark this...). Anyway this rumors looks easily more feasible than Jeux-France one. I go with 'nah' but I can see it being true, and I'm sure there will be 200% more yaoi fanfics if this is true :(

Btw, we still have two batches of names to be used:

2006-108290 Tales of Innocence
2006-108291 Tales of the Innocent
2006-108292 Tales of the Manes

2007-016169 Tales of Valoria
2007-016170 Tales of Strife
2007-016171 Tales of Vesperia

PD: WHAT? SONY HAS ANNOUNCED A PRICEDROP? HOW DID I MISS THIS? Tales makes me blind or something....:lol

Sagitario

Hey! I called Hometek as the developer on the 1st page... :p
Maybe that was the reason for the poll sent by Namco a few months ago about the Tales franchise... OMG! I can feel the hate coming! :lol

Maybe "ToS 2" is just a code name like "Project Melfes" was...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I cant see how they could make a sequel to tales of symphonia. The story has been concluded, they didnt leave it at a cliffhanger, so if it is going to be a sequel I think its going to be a completely different story to tales of symphonia, unless tales of symphonia 2 is actually a prequel and instead of playing as lyoyd and co you control
Mithos and his followers who helped him put an end to the great war before he became corrupt
. I think that would be quite an interesting direction to take the game in.

Tales of Tails; Sega/Namco colaboration confirmed;

Tales of Whales (or Wales) would be nice, too

or Tales of Males! :0

But since it's for Wii it must be Tales of Sales.

Okay, I'm out already...

Dascu

psycho_snake said:
I cant see how they could make a sequel to tales of symphonia. The story has been concluded, they didnt leave it at a cliffhanger, so if it is going to be a sequel I think its going to be a completely different story to tales of symphonia, unless tales of symphonia 2 is actually a prequel and instead of playing as lyoyd and co you control
Mithos and his followers who helped him put an end to the great war before he became corrupt
. I think that would be quite an interesting direction to take the game in.

I don't think I could bear an entire game where you play as
Mithos
. I hated him in the game (not the good hate because he's a villain). On the other hand, it'd be better than another game with Lloyd.

Hmm, maybe a game with Rugal, Presea, Zelos, Raine and Kratos? :p

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Dascu said:
I don't think I could bear an entire game where you play as
Mithos
. I hated him in the game (not the good hate because he's a villain). On the other hand, it'd be better than another game with Lloyd.

Hmm, maybe a game with Rugal, Presea, Zelos, Raine and Kratos? :p
Those five you mentioned were the best tales of symphonia characters. I didnt mind lloyd too much, but I couldnt stand colette or genis. Hearing genis's voice made me cringe, the little bastard just pissed me off. If we do play with lloyd again, then genis and colette are bound to be in the game because they were his closest friends, so thats why I would like to see a new party or get to control
mithos and the desian leaders

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I haven't been keeping up with this series nearly as much as I used to, but a quality Tales experience for the Wii would be extremely welcome... the Wii is definitely lacking in the traditional RPG genre. Hell, even on VC the RPG pickings are too slim.

SantaC

Gold Member
djtiesto said:
I haven't been keeping up with this series nearly as much as I used to, but a quality Tales experience for the Wii would be extremely welcome... the Wii is definitely lacking in the traditional RPG genre. Hell, even on VC the RPG pickings are too slim.

agreed

Top Bottom