• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SOP for manga
tumblr_mpubrbbMY81qbxqfpo1_400.png

The fact that DTL has one and the fact that he made it himself completely amuses me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma 31

I like that he's got adversity here, but my problem is the continued stakes of "SOMA GETS EXPELLED IF HE FAILS!". He's never going to truly fail anything if the stakes are constantly "you get expelled" because he's the main character.

Cwarrior

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman

Failed Time machine experiment plot line, Alien invaders and Jaco already being a pretty fun child like character.

I can see myself read this, better then I expected for a first chapter.

dumbyugi

How do you guys decide what to read? My stupid criteria list for this thread.

I read anything that has art that I like. If the art's not appealing to me then I'll only read it if I really like the sound of the story or if it's a gag manga, because they mostly have bad art.

Reading the DTL chart explains why he read Aunt Tits and hated Cowboy Bebop

Bu...bu... but Aunt Tits is ecchi!

Soma 31

I like that he's got adversity here, but my problem is the continued stakes of "SOMA GETS EXPELLED IF HE FAILS!". He's never going to truly fail anything if the stakes are constantly "you get expelled" because he's the main character.

I guess when the battles against the 10 final bosses (don't remember how they're called) he could lose some battles...I hope so.

Shokugeki no Soma

And Haly pretty much nails it LOL

Nice to see he got phased by Erina and now to see how he deals with it.

Also I hope he does taste her dish afterward (unless she tsuns him out of it lol)

Soma 31

Yea hopefully that particular rule will change but sadly its the highest stake you can make and everyone seems to be addicted LOL

I guess when the battles against the 10 final bosses (don't remember how they're called) he could lose some battles...I hope so.

As long as that "your expelled" rule is gone then he can lose more (unless its the final match). Isshiki already said you have to bet something of value during these clashes hopefully the expulsion stuff will take a back seat.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

I'm gonna say fuck it and predict that he gets 300 or more.

What do you guys/gals think?
The bar was 200, right? Considering his handicap, getting just barely 200 should be a sufficient achievement to make Soma amazing and the best and amazing (even though it was his fault :lol). Also if they're scored based on the performance, it could put him in a convenient second handicap later.

Can't say it's not possible, though... I don't even remember how long it took Erina to get to 200.

bigkrev

Assassination Classroom

Satisfying end to the conflict. A it's now established that Kurosensei's biggest weakness is his need to protect the students, not water. Could lead to some really fucked up situations (suicide bombs?), but I doubt it.

Assassination Classroom 49
tumblr_mpukwbDJ4Y1qbxqfpo1_500.png

That was a great chapter in numerous ways for me. Terasaka is not that bad of a guy and Karma kun is truly the best of the bunch. I think he will certainly be most vital in whatever final attempt the students make at the end of the day to take on Korosensei. Though for that which is at hand, more moments with these two are necessary, I couldnt stop laughing but before the plan and afterwards. Perfect first friend of sorts for Terasaka.

Assassination Classroom

Satisfying end to the conflict. A it's now established that Kurosensei's biggest weakness is his need to protect the students, not water. Could lead to some really fucked up situations (suicide bombs?), but I doubt it.

That was kinda played already on the first or second chapter when MC throw himself with a bomb into him. Hope is another thing.

dumbyugi

Hey guys

Remember when TWGOK was good and not boring

It really should have ended after the Goddess arc. This current stuff all seems so pointless, like it was stretched for no real reason. I also have this bad feeling that it will have a cop out, he ends up with no one ending.

wonzo

Banned
Yamada 66

I was kinda expecting some sorta twist after the sappy goodbye with Shiraishi but damn. He seems to be taking it pretty well so far though.

food smut 31

dat foodgasm

I give it until double digits chapter count for it to change to him actively trying to get the girl.

I wouldn't mind more chapters of them just 'dating'

Sekai wa Kimi de Mawatteru 01-02

vrhtVOkl.png

Guy who hates his face gets hit on among other things by more popular guy.

The premise is pretty different I would say especially with the whole self esteem issue. Depends if they actually address it or would it just be silly pretty boy hijicks. Though I do like the art at least.

Haikyuu!! 67 - 68
BPBfFa7CIAADlYp.png

Its always Tsuki's lines to Kageyama, hope they continue in the future.

Awesome conclusion to this match and it went how I wanted it thankfully. I was afraid to see that part of one of the best characters in the series face sadness and depression/tears, so it was great that it was avoided. Though I had been second guessing a bit with Oikawa's lines and acknowledging Kageyama...

Soma

Yaotsukumo Chapter 10 [End]

Huh, didn't realize it would end that quickly.

Overall a pretty decent read for a shounen action series. The main characters and story weren't particularly note-worthy but the limited number of chapters made sure it didn't overstay its welcome and it had its share of some really cool battles. To me, the main draw of this manga was the visually striking artwork. A lot of it reminded me of the art style of Huke (Black Rock Shooter, Steins;Gate VN, etc.) which is a definite plus in my book. Not entirely sure how to feel about the ending but it was satisfying for what it was.

In any case I look forward to the next series this person works on.

B.O.O.M

Soma 31

These are the final few stages of the you will get expelled stuff right? I'm thinking next will be him again the elite of the school or something

Hakiyuu 67-68

gawd dang it!

The bar was 200, right? Considering his handicap, getting just barely 200 should be a sufficient achievement to make Soma amazing and the best and amazing (even though it was his fault :lol). Also if they're scored based on the performance, it could put him in a convenient second handicap later.

Can't say it's not possible, though... I don't even remember how long it took Erina to get to 200.

He will get 200. Then tsundere ojou-sama will wet her panties after she tastes his
dish

I guess the new girl will be his new rival.

nothingstopsthistrain.gif

I agree he might just eek the 200 but the swag would have been off the charts and everyone would have something against him (Erina, new girl, Takumi). Though to be fair 200 in 30 minutes should be pretty swag in its own right

wonzo

Banned
Every time someone mentions TWGOK now I can't help but get mad that the anime skipped over some of the last legit good bits of the series left (even the freakin yui arc of all things) for fucking namek.

Then I remember all the good times I had with this series when it was still good fun and I die just a little bit more on the inside. :(

goddamnit wakaki&#8230;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom