• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried that it might start undercutting sales of Bad Rats at that price. : (

Fortix 2 and Bad Rats will begin World War III.

We will all live underground, scooping up survivors that have become unfrozen from their CryoPods and almost are killed by the death squads.

They should have a view like this for the game library:

images

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obviously, the best way to have your library displayed is to view it in the browser:

kMoYHRv.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
"BioShock Infinite Update Released

CHANGES INCLUDED IN PATCH 6
-Added features necessary to support upcoming DLC."

iHvN9fbMs8rUo.gif

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Been relegated to the netbook these past few nights, so I decided to delve into the less-demanding games in my Steam library and finished up Blackwell Deception.

Really liked the writing and the interaction between Rosa and Joey, plus the puzzles were definitely an improvement compared to previous games. Nothing more fun than helping people with their spirit-related issues... by break-in-and-entry. :p Only downside of the game was the wonky character portraits - apparently Wadjet Eye were a little tight on money during development and it shows there. And for the love of god when will they find actors who can actually pull off elderly voices, it's been bad in every Blackwell game.

Still, another solid entry into the series and highly recommended to anyone interested in some point-and-click adventure gaming. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel because of the huge story developments in Deception.

Going to be playing To The Moon next...

Nabs

Been relegated to the netbook these past few nights, so I decided to delve into the less-demanding games in my Steam library and finished up Blackwell Deception.

Really liked the writing and the interaction between Rosa and Joey, plus the puzzles were definitely an improvement compared to previous games. Nothing more fun than helping people with their spirit-related issues... by break-in-and-entry. :p Only downside of the game was the wonky character portraits - apparently Wadjet Eye were a little tight on money during development and it shows there. And for the love of god when will they find actors who can actually pull off elderly voices, it's been bad in every Blackwell game.

Still, another solid entry into the series and highly recommended to anyone interested in some point-and-click adventure gaming. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel because of the huge story developments in Deception.

Going to be playing To The Moon next...

Ha. They need to hire some real old people for the next Blackwell game.

Kifimbo

Ok, here's a bigger sample of what I'm working on. More games coming. What do you think ? Gonna add pre-order discounts later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Games of July 2013

07/29/2013 - CastleStorm - Tower Defense - Zen Studios/Zen Studios - $9.99 -
07/29/2013 - Skulls of the Shogun - Turn-based strategy - 17-BIT/17-BIT - $14.99
07/30/2013 - Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny - RPG - UIG Entertainment/Crafty Studios - $19.99
07/30/2013 - Rise of the Triad - FPS - Apogee/Interceptor Entertainment - $14.99
07/31/2013 - Cloudberry Kingdom - Platformer - Ubisoft/Pwnee Studios - $9.99

Games of August 2013

08/01/2013 - Take On Mars - Simulation - Bohemia Interactive/Bohemia Interactive - $XX.XX
08/06/2013 - Divinity: Dragon Commander - SRPG - Larian Studios/Larian Studios - $39.99 (4-Pack for $119.99)
08/06/2013 - Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians - Music/Action/Adventure - Threaks - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/08/2013 - Spelunky - Platformer - Microsoft/Mossmouth - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg
DGaGzkv.jpg

08/13/2013 - DuckTales Remastered - Platformer - Capcom/WayForward - $14.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/13/2013 - Europa Universalis IV - Strategy - Paradox Interactive/Paradox Development Studio - $39.99
08/15/2013 - Worms Clan Wars - Strategy - Team17/Team17 - $24.99
08/15/2013 - Space Hulk - Strategy - Full Control Studios/Full Control Studios - $29.99
08/16/2013 - PAYDAY 2 - FPS - 505 Games /Overkill Software - $29.99 (4-Pack for $89.99$)
08/18/2013 - Disney Infinity - Platformer/Sandbox - Disney/Avalanche Software - $XX.XX
08/20/2013 - Divekick - Fighting - Iron Galaxy Studios/Iron Galaxy Studios - $9.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/20/2013 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Squad-based TPS - 2K Games/2K Marin - $44.99
08/20/2013 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Action/Stealth - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Toronto - $59.99
08/20/2013 - Saints Row IV - Open World Action - Deep Silver/Volition - $49.99 -
08/22/2013 - Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild - F2P MMORPG - Perfect World/Cryptic Studios - $19.99
08/22/2013 - Skullgirls - Fighting - Marvelous/Lab Zero Games - $14.99 -
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/27/2013 - Lost Planet 3 - TPS - Capcom/Spark Unlimited - $49.99
08/27/2013 - Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn - MMORPG - Square Enix/Square Enix - $29.99
08/27/2013 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - Action/Adventure - Konami/MercurySteam - $XX.XX
08/30/2013 - Rayman Legends - Platformer - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montpellier - $XX.XX -
uO5LKg2.jpg

Salsa

- practice a shit ton with 5 different characters, beat local buddies in flawless victory over and over. 60% life bar combos.
- play online
- dude stands in a corner throwing projectiles or does some other same move nonstop
- netcode and lag is so fucking bad I can't get out

Ec2TVI1.gif

Nabs

That's why you need to save some cash for Skullgirls. You may get destroyed online, but at least you can't blame lag.

Salsa, we should try MK sometime. I want to see how bad the connection can get.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have £2.00 left in my Steam Wallet from trading. So I need your help in deciding what to buy with it. Here are the games which within that budget that I don't already own. Which should I get?

Fortix
Guns of Icarus
BUTTON
Space Empires IV Deluxe
Critical Mass
Magnetis
Fortix 2
Still Life
Dead Pixels

Critical Mass seems like the best bet from reviews and stuff but I just wanted to know if anyone has played any of these games.
Dead Pixels is in the currently active Indie Royale, if you care. It's acceptable.
I think Fortix can be safely ignored in favor of Fortix 2, which is a perfectly serviceable Qix clone.
B.U.T.T.O.N is supposed to be played with friends that are in the same room, so if that's not a regular event for you might as well skip it.
Magnetis is...okay. I dunno, found it rather slooow but maybe that's because it hasn't clicked yet.

...Some of these have demos. (Magnetis, Fortix 2, Critical Mass off the top of my head) You have tried those, right?

Salsa

the thing is that I kinda just forgot that lag is even worse when you use an arcade stick because you input faster and it's like it just can't keep up

it's a real damn shame about MK man. Im much more of an SF guy but I love that game to death.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
the thing is that I kinda just forgot that lag is even worse when you use an arcade stick because you input faster and it's like it just can't keep up

it's a real damn shame about MK man. Im much more of an SF guy but I love that game to death.

I can confirm that MK works great within a 150 mile radius.

But I bet the imaginary place you live doesn't even use miles.

Dawg

So lol yearh guis i should rflfy go sleep nowlz because I drink a few too muc but lol my friends are insisting relly

so yeah i took like this pic of me

you shuld totally rate me

http://abload.de/img/imageqvomk.jpg

am i a qt3.14 guis?

This One Girl at tha party was shaking her booty at me totally but afterwards she just disappeared:'(

MNC

Put on some glasses and you're a 7,8/10.

Library.... In browser... Does the client even need to be open!?!?!?!

Wait, ofcourse it has to be. Urrrrrrrrrrr

jshackles

Library.... In browser... Does the client even need to be open!?!?!?!

Wait, ofcourse it has to be. Urrrrrrrrrrr

It has to be open to actually launch the game. But you can browse it with your client closed. Also great for people who are at work/etc and don't have access to the client but want to browse it.

Also, if you click the "Play" button while the client is not open, it will simply launch the client, ask you to sign in, then launch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom