• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog AMA on reddit live right now

Mr.Mike

I don't see why. Watch the Grounded documentary and listen to when they start talking about memory. They'd celebrate when someone would free up a free kb's in a level. That's how tight they were on memory.
I understand the memory situation, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have added a female hunter model at the expense of a male hunter model in some levels. There were female infected.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I understand the memory situation, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have added a female hunter model at the expense of a male hunter model in some levels. There were female infected.

It wasn't just models but animation routines and voices as well.

It's not just the model though, it's dialogue and sound effects (grunting and reacting), potentially different animation too.

Sure, they handled it with the infected, but the Hunters have way more dialogue. Still think there might be some politics in there, but I think the memory issue is very real.

Also, I'd buy "time" more than anything.

Drencrom

Regarding the MP censorship in Europe...

Neil-ND

The censorship came from standards in Europe. Nothing we can do about it. Sorry.

German standards, not Europe standards.

Why does everyone have get dragged down because of Merkele's nanny-state?

Edit: Why isn't the freaking Single Player censored then? The SP is just as brutal as the MP in american copies.

Replicant

I'm fine with the enemy AI in this TYVM. I don't need the enemies to flank me left, right, front, back, and up like in UC3.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Slightly off topic, but considering how many industry people we have on here and that creep, I'm surprised GAF doesn't have its own version of AMA.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ask them why AI is so bad, waiting for an answer that I'll never get.

Enemy AI is excellent

They already said partner AI and visibility was traded off so that they didn't mess you up in stealth. Immersion breaking, yes but it's better than ruining gameplay.

Can someone ask them where they think Uncharted 3 went wrong
Neither of them had anything to do with the game and I don't think they'll say anything bad about it. The U3 team has lamented committing to a release date so far out and said they'll never do that again.

dummydecoy

The game does not run at 24 fps. Occasionaly you can find some slowdowns but it's never constant. I had a very slow and careful approach to the game and I can't remember having been annoyed by slowdowns. This is not PS3's shadow of the colossus, not at all.

For a game dripping with atmosphere like TLOU, I just want to be totally immersed in its post-apocalyptic world. One slowdown or even screen tear immediately takes me out of the game and reminds me, "hey, this is just a game and your PS3 is struggling to run this part."

Uncharted 2 was technically perfect. I wish they could have given TLOU the same level of optimization as U2.

They say they tried making Jak 4 but it didn't work out. Was this known before?

Yeah, when TLoU was first revealed they mentioned that the first thing they tried to do was come up with an idea for Jak 4. But they couldn't think of something that would make both fans and the development team happy.

Mr.Mike

It wasn't just models but animation routines and voices as well.
It's not just the model though, it's dialogue and sound effects (grunting and reacting), potentially different animation too.

Sure, they handled it with the infected, but the Hunters have way more dialogue. Still think there might be some politics in there, but I think the memory issue is very real.

Also, I'd buy "time" more than anything.

I suppose you two and SolidSnakeX have a point. Sucks, but I look forward to see what they can do with the PS4.

Gbraga

Do you have any plans on expanding Ish’s story?

Not yet, but we really liked what we found with that story-within-a-story concept.

Oh well, time to pack it up, guys, love is over.

i-Lo

I can see my life being meaningless, I don't wanna live in a world with no
Ish DLC

Funnily enough, I was listening to podcast Beyond where they mentioned this as well. Perhaps it could be the foundation for a sequel.

Gbraga

i wonder if they tried and tried and tried to not make a platformer and just kept scratching their heads at what the problem was.

not being snarky.

I think they were set on making a more serious story but couldn't make it work with the Jak franchise.

AniHawk

I think they were set on making a more serious story but couldn't make it work with the Jak franchise.

i wonder what their drive is to do such a thing. why not do light and fun? no one does light and fun very well. last airbender's the best one to really get it right in the last decade or so.

Zoggy

lol they replied to me

DmRAx9F.jpg

i just had sex

Vire

i wonder what their drive is to do such a thing. why not do light and fun? no one does light and fun very well. last airbender's the best one to really get it right in the last decade or so.
Naughty Dog as of late is interested in telling a nuanced story.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Jak series has the capacity for anything particularly compelling.

However, I don't see why they couldn't create a new IP that appeals to all ages and delivers a great story in the process. (Wall-E, Up)

Gbraga

It's just the kind of thing they felt like doing at the moment, we have some light and fun with Uncharted and it's great :)

I don't really like Jak at all though so I'm biased

Naughty Dog as of late is interested in telling a nuanced story.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Jak series has the capacity for anything particularly compelling.

However, I don't see why they couldn't create a new IP that appeals to all ages and delivers a great story in the process. (Wall-E, Up)

That would be pretty damn awesome, yes.

Top Bottom