• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Assassination Classroom

Best visual depiction of a written exam EVER!

Sensei Anone 1-3

It was Impressive how much like a girl he looks like. The younger brother also intrigues me, based on how pretty he was able to get.

Smokey B.B. 6

Ikki is a good character addition. Not having everyone on the team hate Hayata and Ejirou is a good change of things. I just wonder if it will be enough to propel the series from the bottom five each week.

Double Gauge 01

9awk4Bs.jpg

The world's weakest(?) doctor and his don't care nurse goes around stopping diseases that have manifests themselves into creatures called "Gifts".

Oh look another new series that I like. I like the art. It's clean so that you can actually tell what's going on when the action comes yet it looks appealing to me.

The two main characters are pretty cool as well. I do like this trend of main characters who really rather not be there.

I like the idea of doctors with lots of needles going around stopping creatures that cause diseases. It'll be pretty interesting to see where they go with this concept.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The big problem with the Titan anime is that the artwork doesn't suck making the Titan shifters identities really obvious to figure out

The other problem of course is that if you figure out Annie you'll figure out all three since all of promo artwork for the anime shows all of the secret titans standing in formation repeatedly despite no logical grouping for Annie with Bertholdt and Reiner.

Hell, the most recent opening has a scrolling shot of the most of the main scouting division characters and then reverses to show a scrolling shot of Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie and Ymir.

Maousama Chotto Sore Totte!! 00-01

xIxJ4Eul.png

A tsuntsun former demon lord gets captured in a different dimension along with a sadistic sorcerer.

This is hilarious. Tsuntsun demon lord is adorable and works well with the sadistic sorcerer. We had RAINBOW DARKNESS ping pong match and a panties ranking system to the likes I have never seen.

Definitely will keep reading this.

Shoukoku no Altair 39-41

That was genius screwing over the Empire invasion plans using the power of supply and demand, and getting allies in the same time.

Also dat naval battle.

The other problem of course is that if you figure out Annie you'll figure out all three since all of promo artwork for the anime shows all of the secret titans standing in formation repeatedly despite no logical grouping for Annie with Bertholdt and Reiner.

Hell, the most recent opening has a scrolling shot of the most of the main scouting division characters and then reverses to show a scrolling shot of Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie and Ymir.

To be fair Christa is shown with them and she hasn't been revealed to be a Titan... Yet

Droplet

Lurker dropping in to thank whoever recommended Shoukoku no Altair. I've found a new favorite series. Lovely art and believable political story that still has plenty of action. I'm a big fan of Magi as well, but I definitely don't think it does battles very well since most of the art seems to degenerate into super light beams that make everyone's faces the same. Altair does an amazing job of keeping everything manageable, even if the battles may include hundreds of cavalry or falcons and whatnot. It'd be like if Magi joined with Game of Thrones and subtracted the fantasy, leaving just the politics and the awesome.

Also, the way the author draws cloth is absolutely breathtaking. I had times where stopped reading to look at a panel just because I couldn't get over how beautiful the cloth looked.

wonzo

Banned
Moon and Sunflower

Age-gap incest yuri oneshot featuring a hardworking teacher and her "clingy" younger sister. It was p. lewd.

Nozo x Kimi 11

Wait, that was the reason why she was freaking out about the photographs?!!?

what%20the%20hell%20was%20that.gif

Shougeki no Soma 34

yeah the tsuntsun's totally got dis

Theonik

Asa Onna Ore to Futanarikko Ojousama 1-3 END
A pretty decent gender bender manga. Art was mostly respectable too.
The ending was pretty crazy as were some of the revelations they gave throughout.
Worth a read if you like that sort of stuff I guess.

B.O.O.M

Caught up with the latest raws for Mutou Black. Don't understand any of the text but damn the combat looks great! :( Wish someone would take up the translation for the series already

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Caught up with the latest raws for Mutou Black. Don't understand any of the text but damn the combat looks great! :( Wish someone would take up the translation for the series already

Isn't it about to get cancelled or something? I heard it wasn't doing so hot.

Stay Gold - Koi no Lesson A to Z 1-4 (end)
tumblr_mr14huIVwI1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Pretty funny and intense story with great character designs featuring the rare character types that barely seem to get coverage. Emotional development over the course and growing feelings made it a nice ride though heavily overshadowed by really wet moments. Dont think Ill forget it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Some raw images are out and an English summary of the chapter is out but currently no full raw scan or English scanlation

Also apparently the series will be on break next week. If English summary and the few raw images are correct then
its in the hole

I'll be the judge of that

EDIT:

695ns9qna.gif

mhs004

Dat Ass 6-10

I'm enjoying this manga more now that there have been actual good characters added besides the sensei. However, how is this manga so popular? I have only read 10 chapters so far but I think of it as a mid tear manga. It is good but not great, i'll keep reading it and stay with it but I can't understand its popularity. Is it because jumps quality is down or Japan's love for tentacles? Karma is the best character btw.

B.O.O.M

From what I've heard, no it's not.
It wasn't a well-written series, and it took a lot of elements from Rurouni Kenshion.

I am going only by the fight scene drawings. They looked great to me. Not enough good martial art manga nowadays :(

But yeah I bet the story sucked

Glass Rebel

I'm currently only checking manga sites to find out whether more Kingdom chapters have been translated.

And what do I see, three more *yum yum*

edit: actually, five *YUM YUM YUM*

Lain

Girl Fight 18-19

I couldn't believe my eyes. After what, almost 3 years? 2 new chapters are translated!

After having looked at everything through the raws, it's really cool to finally being able to read the text and seeing some light explanations for certain things, like Neri's old friend and the reason behind why she said what she did in the past.

I wonder how long I'll have to wait now for more translated chapters.

He~nshin!! Sonata Birdie Rush 1-7

h2OWiPE.png

Best caddy ever

Yep, this is what I would expect out of a Minazuki manga about golf.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to get a melancholic feeling from the guy's art. Maybe it's just the crazy recent shit happening in Sora no Otoshimono, but there's just something about the art that makes me think things aren't as happy and goofy as they should be.

Someone needs to start translating this again.

Rajack

Rosario + Vampire II 65.2

Holy fucking shit.. what the fuck just happened!? I mean...I don't even.... Jesus fucking Christ shit just got real!

Alucard is awake, impaled Moka AND Tsukune multiple times, destroying Moka's rosary in the process, and fairytale's floating fortress has crashed into the city below with a massive explosion. Shit got fucking real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom