• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's (insert appropriate adjective) Japanese mag news (Dual Shock 3 revealed)

Amir0x

Banned
teepo said:
PS3 dual shock controller (GT5 prologue will be compatible)

SCAN NOW NOW NOW

i am scanning it in now...

..and done:

180px-Sony_Dual_Shock_2.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Fady K said:
Bububu what happened to the PS button :p

removed to accommodate rumble. When asked about this, Phil Harrison said "we tried to implement both rumble and PS Home button, but found that you could not have both. The shock throws off the PS Home's functionality. If you ask me, this is much more important."

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Joking aside, I agree with Amir0x. I expect the DS3 to look just like the DS1, DS2, and Sixaxis. I highly doubt it's the boomerang.

WAIT GUYS! I just got my PS3 2 weeks ago. Can I phone Sony and get the new one for an exchange or what? I like rumble! AIIEEE!

Amir0x

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Joking aside, I agree with Amir0x. I expect the DS3 to look just like the DS1, DS2, and Sixaxis. I highly doubt it's the boomerang.

i'm just interested to know exactly what this 'touch sense' will do, or if it'll just be like any other rumble with a fancy name

Amir0x said:
i'm just interested to know exactly what this 'touch sense' will do, or if it'll just be like any other rumble with a fancy name

Even if it is, hell, I'll still take it!

Come back to me be Dual Shock!! Oh, how I miss thee!!

Fady K

Amir0x said:

I aint getting my hopes up for this so called Touch Sense yet. Good chance itll be shown at the Sony conference today in Germany?

Amir0x said:

There are a couple of pages about it on Immersion's site. Basically it's rumble without motors, much wider range of vibrations possible, and it doesn't interfere with motion controls.

MrDaravon

Jonnyram said:
Disgaea Portable Tsuushin Taisen Hajimemashita (so it looks like it has online versus)

Wild Arms 2 Ignition and Thunderforce V coming to Game Archives next round

Is Disgaea the PSP game that we already knew was coming out soon, or something else entirely? Also I don't understand what they're saying about WA2 and T5 there, what is the Game Archives?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Amir0x said:
Yeah, like _leech_ said theres some descriptions of what the technology basically does. But this kind of thing needs to be demonstrated and felt first hand rather than just seeing it in a video. Would be nice if they replace these controllers with the ones currently in kiosks.

Ashhong

KLoNe said:
Sony must have kissed some sweet ass to get Immersion back again.

(I mean $$$'s)

wtf is with your troll comments in every PS3 thread I've seen. Kissed ass? They settled the lawsuit months ago and was publicly announced. moron

Fady K

SailorDaravon said:
Is Disgaea the PSP game that we already knew was coming out soon, or something else entirely? Also I don't understand what they're saying about WA2 and T5 there, what is the Game Archives?

That Disgaea game is most likely the US version of the PSP game which gets online battles, which the original Japanese PSP game missed out on.

The Game Archive is the PSone downloadable game collection for use on PS3/PSP. Wild Arms 2 and T5 are going to be released on the Japanese PSN real soon.

Norse

Wollan said:
I will never understand this complaint.
The stick required for precision is on the right side.

Smaller sticks, sharper sticks. Absolutely.
But I don't get the left stick position argument.

he asked a simple question..youre the one bringing up theold arguement.

be nice if they concaved the tops of the sticks.

Olaeh

Shouta said:
I also want the FFXI scans if possible. Come on Jonny!

I would like to see this too please. I wonder if there will be a set of three new jobs like in the previous expansion.

Nightz

Woot! Dual Shock 3! Hoping they announce it tomorrow at Leipzig, but I have a feeling we'll have to wait until TGS. But anyway, scans please :)

calder

Mrbob said:
Better be new rumble tech inside and other goodies.

If its a carbon copy rumble of PS2 dual shock im gonna be pissed.

If it's just the dual shock redux I'd seriously consider not bothering buying another controller. If the PR fluff about Touchsense actually means something (feedback on sticks?) then I'm on board.

Dante

Hope it's that new next gen rumble. Can't really get too excited if it's just the same tech as the old dual shock

calder

_leech_ said:
What PR did you read that from? :lol
I didn't, I was just trying to guess what Touchsense could mean on a controller. Dualshock had variable rumble and shit, what else can you do with a couple of little motors in a plastic controller but shake shit a bit? I'm just hoping there's something else to the 'next gen rumble' that Immersion was so pleased about.

Ashhong

_leech_ said:
What PR did you read that from? :lol

IIRC that was a confirmed feature of the new "Touchsense". It was from some kind article or something about Immersion, and was generally taken as the truth.

I really don't think that picture proves anything. What does it say in Japanese? It's probably just their fancy way of showing it's for the PS3...no? Where's a scan from the mag :(

Doel

Ugh, L2 & R2 don't appear to be improved. They really should be concave because holding them down after a while makes your fingers sore.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dante said:
Hope it's that new next gen rumble. Can't really get too excited if it's just the same tech as the old dual shock

It has to be new rumble, how else could this product be viable?

"Hey guess what folks...we added the old rumble back in! Buy now!"

Sony is in a good position to introduce "next gen rumble", which will add a nice little feather to it's cap. You better believe they're going to jump on this chance.

Wollan said:
He read it from the other Immersion thread a few days ago. Rumble assigned to the sticks is a part of TouchSense apparantly.

Ashhong said:
IIRC that was a confirmed feature of the new "Touchsense". It was from some kind article or something about Immersion, and was generally taken as the truth.

Oh, I completely missed that.

Ashhong

Mrbob said:
The new standard?

Touchsense confirmed.

Seriously...does nobody else think "The New Standard" is more a slogan for the racing goodness that GT5 will provide? Especially since it's up on top near the GT-R rather than by the hidden controller...

someone translate!

Not quite sure why everyone is getting excited over the announcement of rumble being added back in? We've only slightly known this to be the case for months now.

It's like....I dunno...finding out that your favorite game is in development by one of the devs themselves, then 6 months later, it's officially announced and then the spl00ging all over yourselves again.

But yeah...whatever...I guess....

Ashhong

DiatribeEQ said:
Not quite sure why everyone is getting excited over the announcement of rumble being added back in? We've only slightly known this to be the case for months now.

It's like....I dunno...finding out that your favorite game is in development by one of the devs themselves, then 6 months later, it's officially announced and then the spl00ging all over yourselves again.

But yeah...whatever...I guess....

Think of it like an exclusive first preview for a game sequel that was never really unveiled. Like EGM and Halo 3 (I think). Am I speaking your language?

Top Bottom