• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

They are reading the original series, which is being written and drawn by ONE, what you are reading is the remake which is being drawn by Yusuke Murata and is/will still be way behind the original.

Thanks for the info. I can easily see the difference in the art lol.

Ketchup Ninja 1-3

This was originally released as a flash videos series on Nico Nico Douga and it's about a Japanese ninja girl who was forced to move to the US despite not being able to speak English at all. The manga pokes fun at both the Japanese and US side and looks pretty interesting too with all the art style variations between the pages. It being translated by boon is certainly a bonus.

DAT ARTWORK

Front Mission

Damn. This manga is fucked up.

Kasane 1-2

Take a classic shoujo melodrama full of bullying girls such as Aim for the Ace!, throw in a supernatural horror twist, and you end up with this. As you might imagine, it's pretty good. I like how the main character's ugliness is portrayed, often only with bits and pieces of her visible to create the impression of something monstrous.

Solune

Since Cuilan has a GAF account, we'll be getting some more interesting recs in the thread, right?
Cuilan has had an acct for a while now but no recs yet!
I would recommend reading the French version - it's pretty far along now and the translation is really good. Did the same with Acony and enjoyed every bit of it. I think the French have a more refined taste for manga than the Americans - at the very least, the variety of titles translated is greater.

Takahashi's current series - Yuki ni Tsubasa - has a much less ambitious plot than Saikano or KnK. That being said, it is very much in his style. The CG effects are honestly gorgeous - you cannot tell that they are there otherwise. Not many artists can claim a larger CG staff on their payroll than traditional media folks.

Little bit of a guilt trip / moment of regret but although I'm Canadian, at the time I was attending Junior High / Middle school in Alberta or Edmonton specifically, French was not mandatory to take and of course I didn't know anyone who was French so there was no incentive for me. In fact the just the year after (2002) French was made mandatory in Edmonton so I missed out. In retrospect it would've helped me 100%.

Also I think France (as Kurita always likes to rub in) and other European countries in general simply have better taste in manga no question. It's very painful because french volumes of manga are actually in fact listed on Amazon.ca

[End of dumb story]

Back to manga, I look forward to reading Takahashi-san's work possibly in the future. That does indeed sound interesting

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Little bit of a guilt trip / moment of regret but although I'm Canadian, at the time I was attending Junior High / Middle school in Alberta or Edmonton specifically, French was not mandatory to take and of course I didn't know anyone who was French so there was no incentive for me. In fact the just the year after (2002) French was made mandatory in Edmonton so I missed out. In retrospect it would've helped me 100%.

Also I think France (as Kurita always likes to rub in) and other European countries in general simply have better taste in manga no question. It's very painful because french volumes of manga are actually in fact listed on Amazon.ca

[End of dumb story]

Back to manga, I look forward to reading Takahashi-san's work possibly in the future. That does indeed sound interesting

I wish I could read French. They have all of City Hunter over there, all we ever got was four volumes. I'm stuck waiting for a chapter every few weeks.

Gamerloid

Ketchup Ninja 1-3

qrLeReu.jpg

These are not high school students... This show is madness...

wonzo

Banned
SnS 35

Ahh, I was wondering when the proto-tadokoro was finally gonna show up again, now's the time to work that food orgasm magic once more!!

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma 35

Tadokoro clone getting some panel time before Soma and Nikumi return to school and she goes back to being irrelevant.
What if she transfers after this

edit: because she's actually some amazing taste tester
SOMA CULTIVATED IT WITH HIS TERRIBLE DISHES
MERICA DISCOVERS IT

wait hey, huh? wait. i was just being silly but the second part's actually possible, whoa

daoster

One Punch Man (One) 92

I must say..this "arc" has been kinda serious, and then Saitama shows up. Goddamn I love this series. I can only hope one day they do like an OVA or better yet, an actual anime of this series. Can't wait till Murata gets to this current arc...but that will probably take a couple of years huh.

Attack on Titan 48

Ymir's "So what if they try to eat you? Everyone has at least one flaw!" was just hilarious. But otherwise it was actually a pretty good chapter. Mikasa was extremely badass, and Erwin has got something crazy up his sleeve. I'm not sure if it'll be good or bad for everyone but shit is going down.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One Punch Man (One) 92

I must say..this "arc" has been kinda serious, and then Saitama shows up. Goddamn I love this series. I can only hope one day they do like an OVA or better yet, an actual anime of this series. Can't wait till Murata gets to this current arc...but that will probably take a couple of years huh.

At the rate he's going we'll all be dead by the time he's finished.

wonzo

Banned
Ketchup Ninja 1-3

So far, so good. It's pretty funny watching this alongside the niconico version with the music and the sound effects doing a good job at setting the overall tone.

Nozoki Ana 112

This whole volume is like… love hotel namek.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ketchup Ninja 1-3

So far, so good. It's pretty funny watching this alongside the niconico version with the music and the sound effects doing a good job at setting the overall tone.

Nozoki Ana 112

This whole volume is like… love hotel namek.

Love hotel namek? Krillin wishes he was in that kind of arc. Hell I wouldn't mind it...

So my twin brother (AlphaDragoon) started reading the Ketchup Ninja thing...and he quickly laughed his ass off when he saw the two male leads.

His actual name is Chris. My actual name is Ian.

I now feel obligated to read this, lol.

Pokemon Adventures Heart Gold and Soul Silver Vol.01

tX5qemfl.jpg

First thing off, RIP Crystal's old outfit. :[

A fun first volume. While it does basically show off all the new features of HGSS, having Gold run around and showing who's the best protag was fun in its own right.

The whole plot this time around isn't bad, using Team Rocket and them trying to summon God for reasons could be pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing his this arc finishes up.

Kurokuroku 02

Oddly enough I do like that this series isn't having any real attempt at being serious. New character is ok I guess, he didn't really leave much of an impression besides saying HEROES.

I still think the art looks great though so that's at least a plus.

Need A Girl - 58

Finally a new chapter came out! It's been over 2 months since the last one. Anyways, this one was pretty funny. I learned a lesson about spontaneous erections today from this chapter.

This chapter was just filled with things, lol.

Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin 06

Resolve and suddenly the loli appears,

Shirayukihime to 7-nin no Shuujin 07

I really forgot how happy go lucky the protag is in this series.

Kurita

[End of dumb story]

I wish I could read French. They have all of City Hunter over there, all we ever got was four volumes. I'm stuck waiting for a chapter every few weeks.
Kurita : (laughs)

Dynedom

God of High School 119

Man, Jin-Mori's grandpa is OP as fuck. It basically took him fucking up for people to actually beat him, hahahaha.

New cop/student dude looks like he might be a fun character. Pacing is crazy fast now with some of the developments.

Uroshima Monogatari

What did I just read? I'm literally perplexed at everything that was going on and what was the author thinking? Sex, Seasonal time skips, whores, bus stops, it had everything. WTF is this.

Akito

Azumi 1-2

Oh boy, this is gonna be a long journey (even assuming it will get steady releases). I remember watching the 2 live action movies years ago but they were dumb down as expected, while the first mission for the young assassins was indeed to kill each other so that they will be prepared for all the ones that follow but I don't recall the second mission being the assassination of an entire small village, women and babies included (one they just had visited shortly before to boost). The art is kinda awkward but does has the old school charms to it.

dramatis

Kingdom 182-184

DON'T FUCK WITH THE ROYAL HAREM.
Kingdom is set in pre-Qin dynasty, right? It bothers me that her fashion is inaccurate lol

"Nishimura Kinu" is her name.
My bad, I figured I was reading something wrong. Getting katakana wrong though, yikes. And I want to JLPT later this year too. I'll probably end up chickening out.

At the rate he's going we'll all be dead by the time he's finished.
Is that before Berserk finishes or after Berserk finishes?

Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! - Rojou Kansatsu Kenkyuu Nisshi 29-30

Yuuta should have just stopped whining and let Raika strip him. Both of them would have benefited if they were in the bath together.

And its been so long since I last read this that I had completely forgotten they haven't told Hina about her parents yet.

Stinky

I almost fell for that when it was first posted, thought it could have been a real manga page since I wasnt caught up.
Thankfully Everyone is a Titan The Manga isn't that ridiculous

its an omake bonus for anyone thats confused.

oh and DAT ARMIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom