• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

Shokugeki no Soma Chapters 6-13

I already like the Polar Star group, especially our very own Satoshi Isshiki that's ranked #7 Seventh in the Elite Ten. This manga has grown on me very fast. It's brilliant!

That Battle against Mito was great as well. Soma had to win this one, the stakes were too high. She was pretty arrogant but her beauty won me over.

NSFW - http://i.imgur.com/Z0YcXMC.jpg
My week has been made. I hope she becomes a recurring character. Keep her on the show!

wonzo

Banned
OPM (ONE) 31-44.5
opmo40.jpg

Yo damn Saitama. Wouldn't this turn of events mean he's no longer Onepunch-man?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you edit your post, I can edit mine therefore successfully going back in time to use that pun. No one will ever know!

Nope, too late, your shame will forever be engraved in my post.

OPM (ONE) 31-44.5

Nah, anything below god level disaster still dies with one punch, and even for god levels he doesn't take it seriously at all.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan Vol.03

hPUYErF.jpg

I do enjoy how a whole lot of characters get used in this gag series. Also equally great when Haruhi got told up for once.

Gamerloid

Shokugeki no Soma Chapters 14-27

It's really not that hard to catch up to the present when the show is so darn good. There's so much I want to say but it's bed time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
OPM (ONE) 31-44.5

Nah, anything below god level disaster still dies with one punch, and even for god levels he doesn't take it seriously at all.

One Punch Man is for me, personally, a really really weird case.

I mean, it is *predictable* as fuck, it *repeats* its plot points (heroes got smacked down, Saitama shows up, repeat ad infinitum) to a fault, the *plot* are reused over and over and over and over again... etc etc.

...And yet I still enjoy it greatly. Even (especially...?) the ONE version.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It doesn't take itself too seriously. Just enough to add some tension, but never too much that it becomes overbearing and hamfisted like COUGHCOUGHyourfavoriteshounenserieshereCOUGHCOUGH. It never really loses sight of its satirical nature. The entertainment comes not from Saitama punching things, which is a given, but from seeing how the people/monsters around him react to his overwhelming strength.

Gintamen

I really don't see Bleach going for 5 more years. I'd say anywhere from 1 and a half to 3 years.
Looking at how horrible Kishimoto handled his long war arc, which takes up about 20% of the series now, I hope it's done within the shorter time frame. 13+ fights alone without plot are gonna take up at least take up a year or two alone, but five sounds excessive, especially when it's already going on for ober half a year already.

Akito

Me and the Devil Blues v1-4

Ok, even though the later volumes are very different from what the first and my expectation were, this manga is still gripping as hell at any time and the art is pretty damn impressive. It's a crime against humanity that this got axed :(
On a related note, I can see that this is the same artist who is drawing Prison School but how in the fuck did he go from Me and the Devil Blues to Yarisugi Companion to Atashi Monogatari, they are not even in the same universe art and story-wise.

Theonik

Magnum Koishi
Art is good, but it looks kinda weird at parts. The Battle in the middle was hilarious though.
Read it for that, ignore the rest I say.

Futari to Futari 1-5 (END)
I laughed at this part for a good 5 minutes and it's not even that funny.

Moderately lewd yuri yuriness about two roommates who’re both dating older women. One of the girls is in love with the other but (DUN DUN DUN) they both think the other's straight. Naturally, the two older women are friends, so that misconception gets dispelled pretty quickly and wacky lily hi-jinks ensue.

As far as yuri goes, this was pretty entertaining, and certainly better than most of the other rubbish I've read. I should check out more of the author's work, since he did Sisterism as well which I also enjoyed.

Sword Art Online vol 1 (LN)

Perhaps I should have read this for my first light novel as it just felt so basic on storytelling and what not and never got deeper than what I would expect of a fanfic of sorts. That is to say I wish there were more stories on the floors and what not, thankfully sidestory vol 2 is there (and the anime really did improve this greatly) I did like a few moments in here with Akihiko, Klein being continuously present, and Agil get some slight development. Minute details regarding the system and the outside were pleasing. Hopefully the writing improved for ALfheim Online, my favorite part of the anime at least, and beyond. Kirito dinner with Klein please eventually.

Heart no Kakurega v2 chp 1 (Chp 7)
tumblr_mrh2fkdlaN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I thought the manga had finished but I guess not. Finally going to the Momo and Jin arc is good as that was one of the areas that hadnt been explored and was just left up in the air the whole time. With Momo consistently denying Jin and what not it just made it seem odd. From this I guess their not in a relationship but at least they do things. And unlike Haruto and Keita, Jin is more of a go getter so I expect good things.

Gamerloid

Just buy a new re-print copy of Slam Dunk lately, and man, this manga is so damned GOOD.

What is this? The art sure is pretty.

Slam Dunk is the best! It's something that should be on everyone's bookshelf.

That's a Doujinshi of Resonance of Fate called GUNS'N Lavieen ROSES.

Shengar

Slam Dunk is the best! It's something that should be on everyone's bookshelf.

That's a Doujinshi of Residence of Fate called GUNS'N Lavieen ROSES.

One of the greatest sport manga ever graced on earth. Beside Giant Killing I think :3
Should search more sports manga like these.

A doujinshi? Is it get translated? If yes I will search on my own.

World Trigger 26
tumblr_mrh5m8x4lB1s5992do1_500.png

Looking forward to seeing all of the triggers and skills used by the many characters here. For the individuals involved, I really hope we get a full display of Izumi v Ken Satori, Yosuke Yoneya v Ai Kitora (he has good personality), and even some Miwa/Kazama action. Im just glad for some human v human action as it seems like it will really deliver.

Theonik

Curiosity XXX'd the Cat

I could swear i've read a yaoi version of this exact story, down to every little detail.
That wouldn't surprise me. I mean I've probably read more than a couple of manga that are similar to this.
None of them are Yaoi though

Gamerloid

Attack on titan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan

Does anyone rate this? Is the Manga and Anime any good? The premise looks great.

The anime improves the awkward art of the source material, has exceptionally good music, and quite memorable and character designs (especially Jean, Eren, Levi). Anime does take the first arc a bit slow (and has at times questionable production values), but significantly improves second arc. Id say its one of the better action anime in years with a fresh concept of sorts. Look into it if you like the genre, its worth watching.

Sweet, is it available with subtitles?

You can watch it subbed on both Crunchy Roll and Funimation, official releases of the English manga volumes are coming out at the end of this year. Funimation also has plans for a dub to be released in 2014. Personally I think the mystery and suspense work better in the manga but the action works better in the anime.

I don't see how you guys can mention good sports manga without talking about Mitsuru Adachi. He's been churning them out before I was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom