• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 9/3 - 9/9 2007

ethelred

sp0rsk said:
I am surprised by CC doing so well.

Because it's bad, yeah?

It is interesting looking at the game's performance on MC vs. Enterbrain. The latter consistently has the game tracking higher, and has it tracking above the original on the GCN.

Tiktaalik

sp0rsk said:
I am surprised by CC doing so well.

Yeah I thought there was going to be a massive drop off. Games on Nintendo systems in general recently seem to have better legs than I'd normally expect. It makes things pretty hard to predict.

Wii software games are dropping out of the charts week by week. Now only 3 titles on the charts. Thats sad. Wii needs more quality software....that sells well! lol

Izzy

Banned
Excellent number for ACE3 - WAY above what the lads at YSO predicted.

Ooooh, and I CAN'T WAIT for the hardware numbers...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
OokieSpookie said:
And this has what to do with what?

I think he's trying to make one of those big, impressive embarrassing comparisons. Just guessin

test_account

XP-39C²
EphemeralDream said:
What's up with Wii Play outselling Wii Sports 2 weeks in a row?

Supply constrained, its the only reason when it comes to low Wii sales hehe ;)
just kidding.
Seriously tho, it might be as someone mentioned earlier, they need an extra controller for Mario Party 8 and buy Wii Play for that.

Speaking of MP8, its doing really good. Also cool to see that Bladestorm is still in the top 10 and that MnG5 is still in the top 30.

Mar

Mrbob said:
All joking aside, it does seem like the Wii momentum is severely slowing down in Japan.

Fad over. Luke Smith vindicated. Non games a non issue.

Wii Fit is going to destroy the world

Saitou

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well the GC fanbase has almost replaced all their systems you see.
Not to mention the DS sales are approacing the PS2's number.

Should halt all but completely in a while.

Mrbob said:
All joking aside, it does seem like the Wii momentum is severely slowing down in Japan.

yeah, after 2 games sold almost 2 million each, single handedly propelling a system to record sales. About time those 2 games started lagging in sales.

Is the drop really that shocking or is it just the fact that it was doing so well for so long that this apperent 2 week drop seems bigger than it really is?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Mrbob said:

Yeah, that tends to happen when there is a lack of good games released on the console

-_-;

schuelma said:
Wrooooooooooooong. Wii demand has dropped, plain and simple.

Didnt take too long, sdf :lol

All systems have a weak week, dot.

If Wii demand is going down, PS3 was dead from the start, i guess, eh? ^^

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow, very slow week, yet another ~40k week for Wii too, end of summer lull I suppose before the fall megatonage.

Arde5643

schuelma said:
Wrooooooooooooong. Wii demand has dropped, plain and simple.

MasterMFauli said:

I think schuelma is the last person to be mistaken for a wii troll.

Wii demand has indeed dropped for the past couple of weeks - right now we're just trying to find the factors.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MasterMFauli said:

Uhh..dude..I'm kind of an Ntard if anything.

So Phantom Hourglass broke 800,000? 15 more weeks in the year...I don't think it will break 1 million in 2007 unless their is a DS bundle with it or a strong Holiday sale.

Anyway, if anyone lives in Japan and would like to assist me in a Zelda-related matter, please PM me ASAP.

Arde5643

TSA said:
So Phantom Hourglass broke 800,000? 15 more weeks in the year...I don't think it will break 1 million in 2007 unless their is a DS bundle with it or a strong Holiday sale.

Anyway, if anyone lives in Japan and would like to assist me in a Zelda-related matter, please PM me ASAP.
One of the factors for the lower sells might be because parents are just waiting for holidays to give the kids the presents.
So perhaps we'll see stronger sales for Zelda PH then? Hopefully...

Christine

I think it's clear that the impending release of Halo 3 is making Japan appreciative of what a next-gen console can do through the power of envy. This will naturally lead to a drop-off of interest in the Wii in favor of PS3.

MasterMFauli said:

:lol Schuelma is part of the SDF now?

I think the situation concerning Wii is very interesting indeed, MP is still selling very strong and is on route to be the third million seller on the system - yet sales dropped of pretty sharply. Wii is still doing good numbers but people are just used to Wii pulling amazing numbers.

It'll be interesting to see if Mario Strikers can spark some life into hardware sales being a pretty hardcore game (high difficulty, unforgiving multiplayer, generally a lot of stuff going on on screen that casuals have a hard time grasping their head around).

Arde5643

Phife Dawg said:
It'll be interesting to see if Mario Strikers can spark some life into hardware sales being a pretty hardcore game (high difficulty, unforgiving multiplayer, generally a lot of stuff going on on screen that casuals have a hard time grasping their head around).
It's soccer though and Japanese people love their soccer.

pswii60

29. [PS2] Will o' Wisp (Idea Factory)

77-0.jpg

?

Top Bottom