• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Speaking of Berserk... apparently this came with Volume 37 in Japan... in April. Siiiiiiiiiigh

9hHMIZy.png

If any mangaka takes over Berserk it'd have to be Hiromu Arakawa aka the author of fma and silver spoon. She can use the legendary tale of arslan or whatever it's called as a warm up for writing a dark medival fantasy

Hero Mask 1-3

Its like the Hero manga Ive always wanted. First two chapters were weak thought probably because of the character getting all the attention there at school, but once the end of two came around and the mask and then just the whole discovery process it was quite good. Mirai is an excellent lead and kind of funny too but so sincere especially if he has the justice thing. I wonder if the mask is truly powered or if its all psychological.

Vending machine scene
was hyped inducing and pumped me up for more.

Glass Rebel

If any mangaka takes over Berserk it'd have to be Hiromu Arakawa aka the author of fma and silver spoon. She can use the legendary tale of arslan or whatever it's called as a warm up for writing a dark medival fantasy

That's not how you write Takehiko Inoue. And to that I'd say that he's plenty busy with Vagabond and REAL.

Sangoku Rensenki ~Otome no Heihou!~ 01-02

5HFdzD8.jpg

It's the Three Kingdoms dating sim I've always dreamed of! Or maybe not.

Anyway, young teenage girl gets sucked into a book that brings her back into Ancient China. Then by the voice of Zhuge Liang, she gets roped into becoming Shu and all their pretty boy's strategist instead of Zhuge Liang cause he's kinda of a dick.

I like the setting even though I'm not used to the Japanese names of the characters yet. All of them are pretty and your typical bishounen standards. I will say mighty impressed with all this action the female lead is doing. She's taking action and actually getting things done which is what I like in a female lead.

Samurai Ragazzi - Sengoku Shounen Seihou Kenbunroku 01-03

064BYKgl.jpg

The young lord of a small precient of Japan during the Sengoku period is uninterested in leading his land and instead wants to learn all about the world. So when the chance occurs for him to ride a ship to Rome as missionaries, he jumps at the chance.

A fun read. Definitely one of those spastic main characters who go at a mile a minute but it was pretty interesting to see that he does have some hidden depth underneath all that joy of discovering new things. The action isn't bad and the other characters have potential.

Wouldn't mind seeing where this series will go especially with using the main character's main power of KNOWLEDGE.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!

VT7mt.gif

Tonari no Seki-kun 33

Yokoi is absent so we deal with Gotou's ever increasing assumptions. Meanwhile Seki becomes convinced Yokoi is haunting him.

So good :lol

Ketchup Ninja

that can't be the end right? WTF

Seki-Kun

LOL @ assumption girl and Yokoi is a still a force to be reckoned with even though she wasn't actually there

UQ Holder 1

Love the violence and blood shown already, so I'm hopefully expecting some (but not all) of the future battles to be just as brutal. Touta is okay as a leading protagonist and so long as he doesn't become a total idiot, I'll have less negative complaints about him. Nothing much to say about Eva except she's really hot.

Not exactly pleased about the potential loss of the implied yuri ending between Konoka and Setsuna. Wouldn't mind if Konoka was the one to win Negi's heart (I'd actually would be fine with it), but I'd be a little disappointed nonetheless.

Of course, if there was a three-way between them and Negi, I would fully support that without hesitation.

Does Aizen still try to get his macguffin without Ichigo? Yes. Would replacing Ichigo's personality with Luffy's (or really anyone's) change the fact that he'd go after Rukia or Orihime? No it wouldn't. All the motivations for every villain stay the same regardless of Ichigo. The calls to action remain intact regardless of who the main character is. If it were character driven this would not hold true. The calls to action are not based on Ichigo's actions but on external forces. Is it focused on Ichigo? Yes, but changing his character wouldn't change any major plot points. It doesn't pass the test, no matter what you say.

And with that I am done. You can't win this argument and I am through with it.
Of course i win the argument because Bleach is a character driven manga. Almost everything that has happened is driven by characters especially Ichigo. He is the one who drives the plot. His family history is what drives the plot. It was Ichigo and Rukia's action tha that've driven Soul Society arc. It was Ichigo's actions that have driven the Hueco Mundo plot. It was Ichigo's personality that driven the Fullbring arc. And it's Ichigo's heritage that is driven current arc. Bleach is a character driven manga pure and simple because characters that drive the plot and not the other way around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Of course i win the argument because Bleach is a character driven manga. Almost everything that has happened is largely driven by Ichigo. He is the one who drives the plot. His family history is what drives the plot. It was Ichigo and Rukia's action tha that've driven Soul Society arc. It was Ichigo's actions that have driven the Hueco Mundo plot. It was Ichigo's personality that driven the Fullbring arc. And it's Ichigo's heritage that is driven current arc. Bleach is a character driven manga pure and simple because characters that drive the plot and not the other way around.

I point you to the last flashback. All this shit happens with or without Ichigo. Aizen would still be after the macguffin. He'd still be trying to set up a way to get Rukia executed (to get his macguffin out of her) and to kidnap Orihime (to fix his macguffin). The Quincies would fight the Shinigami without Ichigo around as well. I don't think you know what you're talking about. You provide no proof as to your point, it's all empty rhetoric.

Ratman - 52

So in other words, the story of ShiningMan is Captain America's story in a nutshell. Literally copy & paste of Captain America's story without the military part -_-

Anyways, I'm still mad that Shoota is telling everyone he's Ratman. Geez, your a superhero. Your NOT supposed to tell people your identity!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
UQ Holder 1

Love the violence and blood shown already, so I'm hopefully expecting some (but not all) of the future battles to be just as brutal. Touta is okay as a leading protagonist and so long as he doesn't become a total idiot, I'll have less negative complaints about him. Nothing much to say about Eva except she's really hot.

Not exactly pleased about the potential loss of the implied yuri ending between Konoka and Setsuna. Wouldn't mind if Konoka was the one to win Negi's heart (I'd actually would be fine with it), but I'd be a little disappointed nonetheless.

Of course, if there was a three-way between them and Negi, I would fully support that without hesitation.

Hey, it's magic man, there can be plenty of ways to still keep it konoka x setsuna.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
First time posting here so forgive me if I break any code of ethics but... Why is the Berserk manga so god-like?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 seeds

Oh man, I can't wait to see how this shelter will turn out, and if kaname actually has anything to do with it.

Akito

First time posting here so forgive me if I break any code of ethics but... Why is the Berserk manga so god-like?
Because Miura made a pact with the devil. In return for being able to do godly art and tell a great story, he has to play Idolm@ster games for the rest of his life.

Welcome, your top 5 manga now .[/upandaway]

hipbabboom

Because Miura made a pact with the devil. In return for being able to do godly art and tell a great story, he has to play Idolm@ster games for the rest of his life.

Welcome, your top 5 manga now .[/upandaway]

I'm a filthy sinner since I only read manga when there's no chance of the anime series being finished or I become incredibly frustrated. I would be ashamed of the things I'm about to list but its a small price to pay for the enjoyment I get out of them:

- Berserk (of course)
- Shingeki no Kyojin (because I got sick of waiting)
- Kimi No Iru Machi (I'm sor... NO! I'M NOT SORRY! I LOVE IT!)

Those are the three that I like and continue to read. I read only about a dozen other manga over the last two years and have either dropped them or finished but they're not particularly note-worthy.

Knowing that this post is going to get me on a lot of ignore list, I'd like to thank you for at least responding :3

hipbabboom

And seeing from the state Berserk's story is in, I'm guessing he got half his soul back.

I'm not sure if I should read this positively or negatively... I remember getting up to chapter 191 a while back but I restarted at chapter 89 after a long hiatus so I know there's still a lot of really good stuff coming up I hope the series doesn't take a dive or anything after 200+. I'd like to thing I'm reading while looking forward to some really good [read: horribly dark] stuff.

Akito

And seeing from the state Berserk's story is in, I'm guessing he got half his soul back.
:lol

I'm a filthy sinner since I only read manga when there's no chance of the anime series being finished or I become incredibly frustrated. I would be ashamed of the things I'm about to list but its a small price to pay for the enjoyment I get out of them:

- Berserk (of course)
- Shingeki no Kyojin (because I got sick of waiting)
- Kimi No Iru Machi (I'm sor... NO! I'M NOT SORRY! I LOVE IT!)

Those are the three that I like and continue to read. I read only about a dozen other manga over the last two years and have either dropped them or finished but they're not particularly note-worthy.

Knowing that this post is going to get me on a lot of ignore list, I'd like to thank you for at least responding :3
One of those things is not like the others. Enjoy your stay, I don't think we ever ignored someone here regardless of his taste :lol

wonzo

Banned
Prison School 1-48

I… really don't know what to think of this. Sometimes it's just really stupid and smutty and yet other times it's utterly brilliant. The thing is, it's just too inconsistent and absolutely pales to the utterly incredible Me and the Devil Blues.

I still can't get over the cancellation and this being what he does next, fuck this industry

It's not like there is much in the way of backgrounds in that panel!
Those brick wall's have more artistic talent put into them than an entire volume of Bleach outside of the cover.

I'm not sure if I should read this positively or negatively... I remember getting up to chapter 191 a while back but I restarted at chapter 89 after a long hiatus so I know there's still a lot of really good stuff coming up I hope the series doesn't take a dive or anything after 200+. I'd like to thing I'm reading while looking forward to some really good [read: horribly dark] stuff.

Both.

The first 80% of Berserk is classic.

The subsequent 20% is shonen.

Yankee-kun to Pantsu no Oujisama - The Prince and the Delinquent's Secret (3)
tumblr_msg8knlmBw1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kachidouki seemed like the most well off delinquent in awhile though so kind as they all are. Shou san taking an interest was nice and with the swift progression to an action scene in the infirmary made me feel good. The scene when the people nearly came inside after hearing the bump and then it getting on the curtain was memorable. I liked how it had a good end that he truly wasnt a delinquent and people generally did want to talk to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom