• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The infection spreads... It spread throughout the united states in hours, through europe in days, and in a matter of one week the entire world was destroyed, barren and void of all life...

edit: I'm watching RE:3 Extinction right now :D

voltron

Just played some co-op with 4 friends...

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

Tearing it up in the Warthogs...

1-2.jpg

...and here we are proceeding on foot.

GhaleonEB

Kuroyume said:
Hey Ghaleon, what do you think of the Halo 3 360? I picked one up and I love it.
I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

I head to the airport early so I just packed it right up in the suitcase. I'll take a look tomorrow. I'm so damn tired it didn't even occur to me to open it up. :lol

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
GhaleonEB said:
I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

I head to the airport early so I just packed it right up in the suitcase. I'll take a look tomorrow. I'm so damn tired it didn't even occur to me to open it up. :lol
Unless you check in your suitcase, you have to take it out (like a laptop) when you go through security.

See

After a long wait, looking through my window, waiting near my letter box for nearly six hours, I finally got my hands on Halo 3. I got the limited edition, my hands were shaking, I sat down almost instinctively before I collapse! I opened it and yes, the disks were lose, but it had no where near the amount of scratches as those pictures in that other thread. The nubs are, IMO, really good, but they are too tight, maybe too tights for the machines to insert the disks in to it.

So I couldn't wait to fire this baby up.... I was jumping around like a little school girl and shouting at my TV to warm up so it could display the picture, that 20 seconds felt like 2 minutes. Finally it started, I inserted the disk and.... WOW! Boy was I completely wrong of how I imagined the intro to be! Sierra 117 looks absolutely gorgeous!

I'm up to Tsavo highway, unfortunately I had to quit.

I don't think you guys want my impression, since you probably heard it all before.

This game makes my 70" TV happy, I was never so proud if it, IMO, Halo looks better on this TV than Gears did.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/see_101/P1040031copy.jpg

but more importantly, it made me extremely happy, it made my day.

The best $119.95 I spent.

Now all I have to do is freeze my self until tomorrow comes.

How was your excitement when you got Halo 3?

SPEA

I saved some screenshots in the Theater but there not showing up in my Bungie.net account. When I took them it did say, "Saving to your Bungie.net account". Anything I'm doing wrong?

voltron

Doodlebug said:
Thanks for the screens, voltron. They soothe my impatiency.

Urgh, it's so gorgeous.

No probs. Its so gaddam gorgeous... if you want some more let me know... a couple Sierra 117? We all know about that level by now.

SPEA said:
I saved some screenshots in the Theater but there not showing up in my Bungie.net account. When I took them it did say, "Saving to your Bungie.net account". Anything I'm doing wrong?

Ditto. Halp please. I'm rocking full Roland Deschain Brute Spiker Attitude.

voltron

MirageDwarf said:
Please don't post hotlinked images for SP. Just post the link. Others don't have game yet.

Nothing wrong with posting images of the 1st level and maybe Tsavo HWY as weve all seen so much of those by now.

Played an hour and a half, looking at a saved film now. You can on-the-fly watch your play during a whole scenario, pause, snapshot, go off exploring the environment while you the chief continue on elsewhere as you did, etc. Great stuff.

Love the new weapons like the hammer and the 3rd-person detachable plasma turret.

As for the process of getting it....Bestbuy in the local mall was stretched clear to one of the regular mall exits far beyond, Gamestop nearby had people outside along the full length of the plaza it was in.

Headed to Wal-Mart as planned given no preorder. About 60 people in line, all of whom had to find the line in the back without any signs.

I initially got an SE and opened right there, scratched all to hell. It isn't just internet hysteria about the scratches. Went back and got a regular.

Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow night.

voltron said:
Nothing wrong with posting images of the 1st level and maybe Tsavo HWY as weve all seen so much of those by now.
That's ok but I just wanted to remind everybody so that people don't start posting hotlinked SP images.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Omg, I'm watching the Making Of and it just showed John DiMaggio recording Brute lines. I'd assume it's the same John DiMaggio that we all know (Bender/Marcus Fenix)!

GhaleonEB

theBishop said:
Geezz.... I heard Normal was super-easy so I'm playing Heroic.

Maybe I'm just weaksauce, but this game is friggin hard!
I died over 20 times on the last, big fight of the first level, and way more than than on the second level. It was pretty brutal.

I got stuck at one point thanks to a bad checkpoint - it saved right when some snipers had me in their sights so I died five or six times in a row before I could move to cover. So far it was the only bad checkpoint, but it was a little alarming since it didn't take me back to the previous checkpoint as Halo 2 often did under similar circumstances. That was the only one, so I'm hoping it's not common.

GhaleonEB said:
I died over 20 times on the last, big fight of the first level, and way more than than on the second level. It was pretty brutal.

I got stuck at one point thanks to a bad checkpoint - it saved right when some snipers had me in their sights so I died five or six times in a row before I could move to cover. So far it was the only bad checkpoint, but it was a little alarming since it didn't take me back to the previous checkpoint as Halo 2 often did under similar circumstances. That was the only one, so I'm hoping it's not common.

I got TWO messages about how weaksauce I was for playing on Normal.

TWO.

:(

And I got my ass KICKED on the first level.

Playing it now(okay not right now).
I'm always up for campaign co-op. Just send a message to PepsimanVsJoe whenever I'm on. Best times are between 11:30 pm - 3:30 am and 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.

Oh and if you're playing CTF for the love of God invite me!

Gribbix

They're already temporarily saved (at least the most recent ones are). To permanently save them, go to Recent Games under the Theater section and press the X button to save the selected film.

Wollan said:
Anyone know how to save your films?

If you hit B (I think) that will bring up controls. One of them is a record button. I'm pretty sure that will lead you to the creation of a clip that you can then save. I haven't done it yet. Still trying to figure out why my screenies have yet to upload.

armubaba

Wow. Wowowow. Let me just say this- I, ladies and gentlemen of GAF, just got screwed. Details to follow next afternoon. Fuck this, I'm going to bed.

There are no words.

Scarecrow

Just beat the first level on Legendary. It's soooo good. Question regarding cutscene after the first level:

Truth doesn't sound like he's voiced by Wincott this time around. Is this correct or does he just sound weird in that one sequence?

Mooreberg

Made it to Tsavo Highway, gonna have to call it a night. I'll waste so much damn time watching single player replays and taking screenshots that I'll be light years behind on knowing the multiplayer map layouts. Trying to stay awake tomorrow should be fun. :lol

Scarecrow said:
Just beat the first level on Legendary. It's soooo good. Question regarding cutscene after the first level:

Truth doesn't sound like he's voiced by Wincott this time around. Is this correct or does he just sound weird in that one sequence?

It's definitely not the same guy as before. The voice sounds scottish now or something. :lol

Gribbix

BenjaminBirdie said:
Still trying to figure out why my screenies have yet to upload.

Hit the start button on any of the main menus to bring up the options menu. Select File Share from there and then select a slot to upload your photo to. I initially assumed they were automatically uploaded since the game says it's connecting to your service record whenever you take a photo.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Scarecrow said:

This time it's Terence Stamp.

See

Wollan said:
Anyone know how to save your films?

After you finish a game, the film is automatically saved on the 360's cache, so just go to "Theatre" under the main menu and all the films are there.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Scarecrow said:
Lame. He sounded so cool and threatenning with his silky voice from 2.
Yeah, I agree.

Watching the Making Of, I just saw Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin from Firefly. Ugh, so awesome. :D

Checked out the path to saving a film...

Theater Lobby > Film: > Recent Films > highlight film but don't select with A, instead press X to save permanently

It will then show the save process and say "In Your Library" after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom