• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you adapted to the N64 controller, you can adapt to everything.

Thanks :) just wish it didn't take soooooo long! Oh well, needs must and all that.

All you ten year Steam vets with your fancy smansy badges are making me look like Li Kao's excellent avatar! :(

I want a badge too! I don't even mind if it just says "noob lol".

I've been idling some games today for cards in anticipation of a steam sale and the first three drops from Brutal Legend have all been foil and all sell for over £1.20. Makes up for the Organ Trail booster pack I got earlier.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've been idling some games today for cards in anticipation of a steam sale and the first three ard drops from Brutal Legend have all been foil and all sell for over £1.20. Makes up for the Organ Trail booster pack I got earlier.

Wow, lucky! I've had 9-10 cards drop from the HB, all have sold for about 6-7p. Wouldn't mind a foil or three to bump up my Steam wallet, times are hard!

maty

I left the game on the first boss, so I can only imagine the others are even worse. Great game until then, but I didn't like that boss fight.

Yeah, the 1st is a pain in the ass, mainly because you can only get hit once. I also didn't like that you had to hit him using that spike below the floor, which made way harder that just learning the patterns.

The 2nd boss is a little easier than the other two. And the 3rd one, fuck that shit.

I hated the first boss because it came after a long ass level. I don't understand why they did that.

I'm not liking Giana Sisters. It's a beautiful game, but I'm just not having any fun playing it. Lets see if the second boss makes me rage delete it.

My problem with Giana Sisters is that the levels are fucking long. It can take up to 5-7 minutes to finish one while collecting all gems if you don't die too many times.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brutal Legend -- MB-7968E01CC4268C33 - Taken by Zeknurn
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-9E786ACCCF742AB4

Re-listed without the no lurkers stipulation so have at it!

I am giving away 3 ORIGIN keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-BB8F304E5365BA43 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box Origin Key -- MB-FF0205E26F18FBA0 - Taken by properpropaganda
Mirror's Edge Origin Key -- MB-F0672FEC315CE328 - Taken by Franck Ribery

oipic

I'm hoping there's still someone on SteamGAF tomorrow (when I'm not too drunk to manipulate ModBot) that needs a copy of FTL or MotN.

Such good games, I can't believe they're almost disposable bundle fodder now. Everyone should play these two gems.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for Fortix. I really enjoyed Fortix 2, which contains every level of Fortix, but I've always wanted to go back and check out the original engine and presentation and stuff.

Sure.

Thanks for Fortix. I really enjoyed Fortix 2, which contains every level of Fortix, but I've always wanted to own the original so as to increase my game count.
----------
Paranautical Activity steam keys are finally up on Groupees if you bought BeMine 8.

Ah, nice. Thanks.

Jawmuncher

Are the trading card prices out of order for anyone else?
Selling a fireman card for 0.27 and yet it's behind prices at 0.28 and 0.29
Im assuming it's just a error on my end.

Edit- Ok my price went up to the top but the 0.29 prices are still about the 0.28 odd.

Are the trading card prices out of order for anyone else?
Selling a fireman card for 0.27 and yet it's behind prices at 0.28 and 0.29
Im assuming it's just a error on my end.

No that started happening some time ago for me as well.
I assume it has something to do with wonky currency conversion.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
No that started happening some time ago for me as well.
I assume it has something to do with wonky currency conversion.

Yeah, it converts all the prices to your local currency, but I imagine it sorts by USD. If someone's selling in a different currency to both yours and USD then it could have an effect on the ordering.

God i now realise what an idiot i was.

Back in the day when Fez was only on Xbox360 i hated the game because of Fish. I hated Fish because he was such an asshole at least that is something that i thought of him.

A few weeks ago when this Disaster about him started i was on his side after all.

Now after playing a bit of Fez i came to the conclusion that this "Asshole" (I dont think this anymore) has his right to be in the industry. He made a wonderful game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
God i now realise what an idiot i was.

Back in the day when Fez was only on Xbox360 i hated the game because of Fish. I hated Fish because he was such an asshole at least that is something that i thought of him.

A few weeks ago when this Disaster about him started i was on his side after all.

Now after playing a bit of Fez i came to the conclusion that this "Asshole" (I dont think this anymore) has his right to be in the industry. He made a wonderful game.

If the guy had murdered or brutally attacked someone I can see boycotting and disapproving of the game, regardless of quality. As it stands, the guy might have no tact or social skills and be a bit of an ass online, but he made a fantastic game and it's worth the money people are paying for it. To be honest, I think things probably snowballed for him. He said a few things out of turn, the public turned against him somewhat and a vicious circle began where he became this hate figure and didn't know how to deal with that properly. I don't think I'd deal with things any better if I was getting half the vitriol directed his way. People have probably said a hell of a lot worse than "choke on it" to him, after all.

ArjanN

My company is looking for programmers and I'm in charge of reading them and interview the candidates.

One of them had in his CV a final list of "valuable assets", thinks like, works well in teams, drive license, languages spoken and... "Steam library over 260 games", fantastic.

Only 260 games? Denied.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It was on sale, I'm pretty sure I bought during steam sales.

Buying Portal 2 on PS3 and getting the free Steam copy was the best decision I ever made. Couldn't run it on my PC at the time, got a new one recently and can run it on max settings and it's smooth as butter. Traded in my PS3 copy and got £10 for it, have Portal 2 on my laptop whenever I want to return to it.

Buying Portal 2 on PS3 and getting the free Steam copy was the best decision I ever made. Couldn't run it on my PC at the time, got a new one recently and can run it on max settings and it's smooth as butter. Traded in my PS3 copy and got £10 for it, have Portal 2 on my laptop whenever I want to return to it.

I did this too, but had it inexplicably disappear from my library one day.

Ended up just grabbing it again in a sale, but I never did figure out what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom