• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Grieves

Bought my copy this morning. I'm still at work and the afternoon is really dragging. I'll probably get home to find my kids playing it as they are as excited as me to get this.

Andrefpvs

Glad to see my super-cheap method to beat Ursula 2 still works in Final Mix :3

Swim
circles around her from as far away as you can (you'll never get hit), while mashing circle and triangle. In 10 minutes or so your party members will have taken care of most of her HP
and then you can finish her off with 3 or 4 Thunders if you want.

Slow, but worth it for the avoided frustration :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that you need to have her on Lock-on at all times while swimming.

Atruvius

Bought the game today and played it two and half hours already. Chose proud difficulty, the staff and dropped the shield.

Proud mode definitely isn't easy. My first fight was against Tidus and he killed me in just two hits. I think he beat me three times before I managed to take him down. Selfie beat me two times and Wakka once. I did some leveling up with Wakka and left the island when I was at level 6.

Guard armor really kicked my ass. Tried to defeat him three times but he could kill me in just two hits. I killed some enemies to gain one level, bought guard chain and the fight got much easier.

This game is still really good.

Derrick01

Banned
So no one else on GAF experiencing sound issues?

Somewhat frequent clips in the audio, usually always after I first start the game up. But other than that it seems to be working fine, if anything it seems louder than most PS3 games are for me for some reason (which is a good thing. I hate how low ps3 games sound on my TV compared to TV shows)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Swim
circles around her from as far away as you can (you'll never get hit), while mashing circle and triangle. In 10 minutes or so your party members will have taken care of most of her HP

Not on Proud I assume?

PK Gaming

wUGnE51.jpg

Hhfohdfwidduhjajsjälfiflclft

HYPEEEER!!!

You've got super long nails 0_o

Swim

I'm so going to try this next time! She's by FAR my most hated boss in KH1.

And I envy those of you that get to experience this for the first time :/

Carbonox

Lvl 8 atm and completed Traverse Town, grabbed thunder from Coliseum and got my ass kicked once in the preliminaries, now at Wonderland finding evidence.

I never got the DI grinding :lol.

I did it even back in the vanilla version. I like to get myself up to a solid level to prep myself for the challenges ahead. Some weird habit of mine. :p

Was so easy though - just taking advantage of TP's Riku sets himself up for. Can grind like 50xp in a single fight with him.

Andrefpvs

Not on Proud I assume?

It works on Proud as well but the battle would be at least 3 times longer, since she would keep knocking out your party members. Whatever the difficulty, Second Wind is a must for this strategy.

Also, I forgot to mention that you need to have her on Lock-on while spamming Triangle to have your party members keep up the attacks.

Combo Master is one of the best new things they added into Final Mix.

Didn't think it'd make a big difference but killing airborne enemies got a lot easier.

botty

Banned
Going for a second play through. Really want the time trophy.

Combo Master is one of the best new things they added into Final Mix.

Didn't think it'd make a big difference but killing airborne enemies got a lot easier.

I unlocked this...when I killed the last batch of heartless in the very last part of the game. x_x

Wow, as someone said you CAN put the fire out with a blizzard spell from the stove on the Trickmaster fight. Made the fight super easy on proud.

This is one of the reasons I love KH1. It has all these small details everywhere and even after multiple playthroughs you can still discover something new.

Vashetti

Banned
Wow, as someone said you CAN put the fire out with a blizzard spell from the stove on the Trickmaster fight. Made the fight super easy on proud.

This is one of the reasons I love KH1. It has all these small details everywhere and even after multiple playthroughs you can still discover something new.

Is this before you initiate the fight?

I'll have to remember when I get to Wonderland.

Ricitor

So I'm finally off the island (got off at level 21 so I could have Scan) and I'm cruising through the early stages on Proud. I know at some point it will catch up but not really sure when. Went with Dawn because I had some strange notion that I could finish the game at around level 50 so might as well grind it early.

Anybody got an idea of what is the optimal level to fight the final boss on Proud?

So I'm finally off the island (got off at level 21 so I could have Scan) and I'm cruising through the early stages on Proud. I know at some point it will catch up but not really sure when. Went with Dawn because I had some strange notion that I could finish the game at around level 50 so might as well grind it early.

Anybody got an idea of what is the optimal level to fight the final boss on Proud?

Level 21? You crazy, man.

Also, the optimal level to fight the final boss is obviously the highest one possible. I'm sure it's beatable with a very low level, though. Not sure what you're asking.

Ricitor

Level 21? You crazy, man.

Also, the optimal level to fight the final boss is obviously the highest one possible. I'm sure it's beatable with a very low level, though. Not sure what you're asking.

Because of the late grind. I have a suspicion choosing Dawn will come back to bite me hard so I'm just trying to gauge.

brandnew

Game came in the mail yesterday, but I haven't started yet. I'm planning on picking Shield and giving up Staff. Second Chance at lvl 90 is too steep a price to have more MP. Unless Team Staff can change my mind?

Banzai

Because of the late grind. I have a suspicion choosing Dawn will come back to bite me hard so I'm just trying to gauge.

well i dont know about the best level to fight the last boss on proud but late game grinding is easy in FM anyway. you just equip the abilities to quadruple the tech-xp and then go to fight the ice titan. experience a plenty.

Holmes

Game came in the mail yesterday, but I haven't started yet. I'm planning on picking Shield and giving up Staff. Second Chance at lvl 90 is too steep a price to have more MP. Unless Team Staff can change my mind?
Not #TeamStaff but I would never drop it. AP is too valuable.

fallingdove

I started playing KH1 last night. I haven't played it since my first run-through on the PS2. I forgot how jarring the model switching was. It looks pretty awful when Sora switches to Low Res minimally animated version mid cutscene. I love how crisp the graphics are though in HD.

RPGCrazied

Gamespot gave it a 7.0.

Are we playing the same game? Didn't they review the PS2 game higher than that? Yep, they gave it a 8.2. But this is better than the original though. More content, remastered soundtrack, better visuals.

I don't understand some reviewers.

Drame

Just got my copy. Though, playing shall wait till sunday, too much stuff going on.

Really impressed with the packaging. This should be the standard for all SE-games.

I remember a guy of Gamefaqs who successfully power leveled to 99. It's ridiculous, I wanted to get out of there ASAP.

Yeah, I really don't understand that. You level faster by fighting enemies with greater experience, and there's nothing fun about one-hit KOing bosses.

Nothing about that seems remotely fun or rewarding. I'll grant you that I power leveled up just enough to get Stun Impact (lv6) so it'd help me against mobs of Shadows, but leveling to 21 (or 99, for goodness' sake) seems sort of absurd unless you're trying to remove all challenge from the game. If that's what you want, just play on Beginner.

Carbonox

I remember a guy on Gamefaqs who successfully power leveled to 99. It's ridiculous, all I wanted to get out of there. I can't stand Destiny Islands.

That is mental hahahah

I like power leveling here and there but that takes the biscuit somewhat. I have very low patience levels as it is to get to even level 10. That's my limit for starting areas in games though (of course depending on what's available to grind against). Luckily fighting Riku over and over makes grinding easy.

Carbonox

IIRC, he fought Wakka in particular to parry the blitz ball back at him for tech P each time.

It's even quicker to grind against Wakka? Hmm.... Might keep that in mind when I do my next run. Riku's easy because of many of his repeated attacks allowing for easy TP. Can grind the TP in each fight.

Ricitor

It's even quicker to grind against Wakka? Hmm.... Might keep that in mind when I do my next run. Riku's easy because of many of his repeated attacks allowing for easy TP. Can grind the TP in each fight.

I would say Tidus. Wakka can only take 9 hits and the blitzball counter is also a hit. With Wakka you get about 9-14 TP depending on how many times he makes that crit shot. Tidus on the other hand, is infinite. I got about 600 TP out of 1 fight that lasted 10 minutes.

You just run away for a second, turn around and attack as he is running towards you (The timing is really lenient). Just keep doing this and you get 2TP a shot (4 if you have the ability).

Joqu

Got a weird visual glitch during one of the Wonderland cutscenes. Goofy's pupil textures weren't showing up, it was pretty creepy!

Anyone else had this?

brandnew

Not #TeamStaff but I would never drop it. AP is too valuable.

Hmm. Strength is usually one of my favorite stats, but it seems like people think the difference when dropping sword is negligible and easy to fix with stat ups. Might follow this advice.

Top Bottom