• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your gaming ideas that should happen

udiie

Full blown tactical heist shooter. Not Payday, not GTA V, but a combination of the two with more room for perfection. Adding legitimate stealth or disguise elements, or inside men into a job and budgets for all equipment, that can be earned by doing smaller scale heists. If there was ability to complete heists online with members of your team having specific jobs like getaway driver or fake civilian or fake cops as well as the option for another team to act as the police trying to pursue teams it would be an addiction for me. I wanna see Rainbow Six style planning for both sides of the fence and bank van hijackings and kidnappings and everything in between.

I'd like to see a Persona style game where you play as a boy who loves PNP role playing games. Set in the eighties or something. You move to a new town, and have to make new friends. Once they like you, they will join your game nights. Their personality is paralell with their RPG character. Combat would be tactical and would be visualized by how it is imagined, rather than some miniatures and some dice.

Nemes1sRed

Neo Member
My idea is a street volleyball death match simulator featuring primarily Playstation and third-party characters battling it out, in the style of a Mario sports game.

I'd call it "Playstation All-Stars: Battle Volleyball”.

Don't need my ideas to happen.

I just want Suikoden II on PSN, Crisis Core on PSN, Mega Man Powered Up on PSN, Type 0 on PSN, Valkyria Chronicles 3 localized, and Tetris Attack on Wii U eShop!!!

Arlen777

My idea is actually already realized, which is GTA: Online. Always wanted a gta game that doesnt have an end, and actually that the only game that i am ready to pay for every piece of DLC. I guess it has to do with it being one of the first games that i ever played

Dunan

I love futuristic car racing games, but I want to try an old-style one for a change.

I also like the art style of Valkyria Chronicles.

So this is what needs to happen: a car racing game set in the 1920s or '30s with VC's watercolor aesthetic.

A bunch of enthusiasts with quirky personalities in a little European town, wearing leather jackets and goggles, racing their to-us-antique vehicles, with a spunky engineer inventing new parts that you can buy to customize your cars. There are a number of courses, set amidst farms, forests, and pre-WWII-like cities, and you get bursts of speed and the like not from futuristic boost panels but from the personalities of your drivers.

10088-new-york-paris-race-scarfoglio-new-york.jpg

Eventually this ragtag squad takes on their big rival, a nefarious corporation that's trying to put the little guys out of business (and which has been secretly been trying to sabotage our heroes). But you lead your upstart racing team to victory, with the guy and the girl (you decide which one drives and which one navigates) riding off into the sunset in a nice happy ending.

I can't decide if I want the soundtrack to be Sakimoto's VC style, or some kind of 1920s jazz. Either would work great!

Baleoce

I was thinking about this the other day. Why don't MMO's allow players to record instanced dungeons / raids on server side in data format?
Think about it. Other genres do this. RTS's, MOBA's, FPS, fighting games. File size is relatively small as it is just a set of data instructions telling the game engine what to do in sequence to play out pre-recorded events. This would be a great instructional tool for something like an MMO. On playback it wouldn't even require a server, it would just need to load the data. You could have advanced tools like player perspective, free-roam, mob view. I don't understand how the genre hasn't evolved to that point yet. Think of how many underpar players you encounter in pick up groups, & then think how useful an instructional tool something like this would be to them, and how great a resource it would also be for LS/guild/FC leaders to assess/improve their group. You could watch instanced runs by the best shells in the game and use that knowledge. It'd be far more efficient than relying on people on twitch/youtube, especially if you're looking for something specific.

Would it really be too much strain on instanced servers to record the dungeon footage in data format and give you the option to save it to a designated "uploads" footage-server afterwards? I honestly think this would be a cool feature.

lt519

Wipeout style game with randomly generated courses. I don't like racing games online because people have more time to master the courses than me. Give me something that I can just show off my pure reflexes in.

Retro

A City-building game in the vein of Caesar or Tropico (buildings are placed individually, rather than just zoning like in SimCity) set in a fantasy world, free of the restrictions placed on typical city-builders by historical and/or realistic settings. Can't find any stone? Open a portal to the Plane of Earth and start siphoning it off (just be careful that earth elementals don't invade). Are those clouds in the sky or floating islands you can build a hamlet on? Set up an inn and lure adventurers to your town, to pillage that new dungeon your farmers uncovered for a share of the spoils.

Rather than the tacked-on, RTS-like combat that most city-builders have, this would feature a Strategy RPG-style system (think Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem) where the emphasis on building a city carries over into battle. Not only is the layout of your city taken into account (like Advance Wars, there would be structures you and the enemy fight over for control), but the units themselves would be construction-oriented. Mages can summon ice walls to block off city streets, engineers can deploy siege engines, demolitionists can blow through city blocks to reach their objective. Troops aren't just there to beat each other, but to build (and destroy) in an effort to take control of the city. The structures you place can also have an impact on combat; that graveyard can be used to generate undead minions, those decorative bronze lion statues can be animated to ambush the invaders.

Also, a similar to the Mario one posted earlier, from an old thread;
Super Mario Universe:
Take the world map of Mario 3 / World and turn it into an open world instead. There are little toad houses hidden at the back of ravines, wandering peddlers who challenge you to mini-games, warp pipes that lead into the unknown and roaming gangs of Hammer Brothers. What we would normally define as 'levels' are simply more linear parts of the world you choose to tackle at your leisure. So "Stage 1-3" is actually just a mushroom-filled canyon you have to traverse, but with it's own musical cues and visual tone (desaturated and dusty, perhaps) to set it apart from the world around it. Though you are simply moving into a region of a much larger world, the game makes it clear that you are in a thematically unique area. What's at the other end may be another 'level', a reward, routes to other areas, or any of those classic Mario secrets. There are branching paths everywhere and some 'levels' lead directly into each other (not always at the beginning either)

All routes eventually lead you towards a singular objective, such as a fortress on a distant hill. You simply choose the path you wish to take. Maybe you accidentally spring a trap and need to traverse an underground cavern, or decide to take to the skies and float to the hilltop on clouds. There are no Stars / Shines / whatever to collect for each one so you don't feel obligated to hunt for everything (though, again, there are cool things everywhere). But each world has an objective that you need to reach, you just chose how to get there.

The plot revolves around Bowser kidnapping Peach by sneaking into the castle through a Magic Mirror. While making his escape, the mirror is shattered and the shards land at various points across the first level (the Mushroom Kingdom, with Peach's Castle at the center as a hub).

How is any of this a Mario Universe?

Each Mirror Shard leads to a large, open world based around a previous Mario game, packed with the thematic elements within. You are literally going through the entire universe built up within the Mario franchise. Each is packed with winks and nods towards nostalgia; music, visual cues, enemies and, of course, the various things you can do.

-The Sub-Con universe is packed with all of the trippy goodness of Mario 2 (yes yes, I know it's not really a Mario game). Magic carpets, veggies as weapons, etc.

- The Mario 3 world feels artificial, the scenery made from cardboard cutouts, like everything is a prop for a huge play. Clouds are hung with visible strings, bushes can be kicked flat, and little bits and pieces of the scenery give way to a reality just behind them. Tool around as Raccoon Mario, large underwater sections with the Frog Suit, airships overhead, etc.

-The Mario World Universe. Yoshi and 3-D Cape Mario. 'nuff said.

- Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy are all fairly recent and sort of have the same 3-D gameplay. I'm not sure how they could incorporate their particular gameplay without feeling like a re-tread.

- Toss in little nods towards experiences that are not quite as full, such as Gameboy-green colored areas that allude to Sarasaland (Mario Land). Maybe a few areas with Yoshi-based gameplay where you're turned into an infant (Yoshi's Island).​

Basically, Mario Nostalgia overload.

Silvawuff

Nintendo should develop and release a Pokémon game for Android and iOS, and allow this game to trade/battle with friends over an online network.

It will never happen, but oh the money it would make...

A remake or a follow up of the "Victorious Boxers 2: Fighting Spirit" title on PS2 of the known manga called Hajime No Ippo.

With the 3rd season of the anime coming up, I'm hoping it realises on the next gen.

graboids

have Rockstar take the Red Dead engine and make an open world Tremors game... landscape is already there just add graboid attacks... and in Tremors 2 they even go to Mexico....

A pokemon game starring ditto as the main character, except Ditto can only copy a pokemon after beating it within an inch of its life. So you start out fighting Rattata's and Caterpies as Ditto, and then work your way up to Legendary Pokemon using your copy ability.

An edutainment / business simulation / life simulation title where you're placed in the shoes of someone opening an independent game store in the late 1970's.
  • Play through gaming history to the present day, experiencing real life events like the gaming crash, and charting the rise and fall of consoles and genres.
  • New Game + mode. Pick which year you want to start in, choose between historical events or a randomly generated alternative history where gaming might go in a whole new direction.
  • Create your ideal game store. Hire, fire and train staff. Decide what games and consoles will you stock, and how many will you buy. Fully customizable store layout, with shelving, promotional displays, demo units, arcade cabinets, etc.
  • Grow your company over time. Will you stay as a single independent store, or will you grow to a national chain?
  • Get to know your customers. The little kid hanging around your store every day without buying anything may one day become your best staff member.
  • Capitalism, Ho!

This is a genuinely good idea. I think it would work well as a Tycoon style game.

Stike

Kinda late to the party, but I had this bookmarked to submit my idea later, so here it is!

A part real-time, part turn-based strategic fighting game.

"WHAT?", you say.

Yes, a turn-based strategy beat'em up.

Imagine you are "commanding" your own fighter - not controlling the fighter directly, but issuing commands to his/her command queue. Each action takes some amount of time. Some more, some less. And your opponent, a real person, is giving orders to his fighter too. Now, after a certain command time is up, the actions are performed, and you will see how well your combo that you programmed is working out or not.

After the command queue is empty, the fighters freeze in time, and you can add new commands.

This way, there are several options to enhance the gameplay: By learning new moves, command chains, programming combos and even a level-up system where your fighter becomes faster or better at some moves that were performed often.

Don't know if this complies to the rogue-like genre, but this is something that I always wanted: To win a fighting game not by button-mashing or combo-juggling, but by strategy, moves and wits.

Opinions? :-D

grumble

Better educational games for sure. It's a missed opportunity for society.

I'd also like to see a hard sci if open world game. Cyberpunk 2077 might fit the bill?

A Waluigi FPS where you can't move and shoot at the same time, and the campaign story is a farcical French comedy of bourgeois manners.

yamo

- Uncharted set in space. Stealing relics from alien civilizations etc.

- Skylanders with different (more mature) theme. Superheroes, cars, transformers etc.
Not interested personally but I think it could make alot of money.

- a Zelda game on WiiU with a 3D world on the tv and a 2D world on the game pad, same world just represented in different ways. To solve all puzzles you need to switch between looking at the tv and the Wiiu pad.

PsionBolt

Megaman Online or (or simply Megamen), or maybe Rock On overseas.

Third person action Megaman online game, where everyone has their own customized personal blue bomber (or red, yellow, whatever) and ability.

Earth is one big open world MMO with missions [...]

You had me up until here. Legends x Monster Hunter is what I want - but open-world, quest-based, generic MMO design is not.

I want similar structure to a normal Legends game, totally completeable offline if you really want to, but with online (and ad-hoc) hunting in groups. Multiple islands the size of Kattleox from Legends 1 - around 3 or 4 would be good, but since we're dreaming, I'll say 8 to follow Megaman tradition. On top of that, have several mini-islands, sized like those from Legends 2, which basically amount to just one town or one mini-dungeon. 6 reasonably, or like 16 since we're dreaming. Areas would be zoned, not open. In fact, I think it'd be best to also change up the dungeon design a bit to suit the MH group play: no more long tiny corridors, smaller zones, stuff like that.

You'd start out on one of the mini-islands, which would have a small town and a small dungeon. You're a customizable Digger of ambiguous backstory whose airship has run out of juice. You take on the mini-dungeon on the island, jumping and shooting and pressing switches Legends-style, acquire a new refractor, and use it to repair your ship, which opens up the world map, like Legends 2.
From there on, every area is accessible in any order, though they're not all exactly the same difficulty. One area you can now access is the Digger's Guild island, which is the hub from which you go online and join groups with other players.

For weapons, like Legends, you have a buster always on your left hand, and a special weapon on your right. The buster can be upgraded with equipped accessories, just like Legends, but you can also pay some amount of zenny to fuse parts into you, so you get a permanent bonus without using an equip slot. The fused bonuses would probably have to be lower than the bonuses for equipped parts, and fusing would have to be quite expensive, for balance reasons. To get new parts, you'd have to sell junk dropped by enemies to a junk shop in certain amounts, like Etrian Odyssey.
You can choose one special weapon at the beginning, and the other choices can be made from junk that enemies drop. You'd also get a unique one - or the parts to make it, I guess - from the bosses of each of the large islands. The special weapons are more like MH weapons than Legends ones; they're all relatively balanced in power, with their effectiveness depending on what you're fighting. They would all play fairly significantly differently: the beam sword lacks range, the rocket launcher is super slow, the machine gun is usable on the move but has very low damage, etc. There'd be no Shining Laser or Active Buster to break the game in half with. Maybe as a postgame reward that can't be used online, or something.
Monster Hunter's item system would be good to have, too. Instead of potions, you'd have energy canteens, but upgrades to their size would have to be more limited than Legends, so you had incentive to carry more than one. The other Legends items, like the vending machine drinks, hyper cartridge, shiled repair, chameleon net, flame and light barriers, and so on would all be used this way too, as well as some MH items like expendable bombs of various kinds, traps, you know.

This has become a much larger post than I itended, but basically, I just want to play a new Legends...
;_;

johntown

Banned
An open world horror RPG. Like maybe something in the Silent Hill universe. (Dark Souls in some places comes close to what I want. Like New Londo Ruins)

Open like Fallout 3 open. Horror as in a really dark and creepy setting.

Also, a sequel of some sorts to the Chrono games!

A 2D side-scrolling Metroidvania game based on A Better Tomorrow I/II for the Vita, where you could control the twin gunplay by using both sticks and upgrade to God mode by finding the coat, shades and match.

Coreda

So this is what needs to happen: a car racing game set in the 1920s or '30s with VC's watercolor aesthetic.

A bunch of enthusiasts with quirky personalities in a little European town, wearing leather jackets and goggles, racing their to-us-antique vehicles, with a spunky engineer inventing new parts that you can buy to customize your cars. There are a number of courses, set amidst farms, forests, and pre-WWII-like cities, and you get bursts of speed and the like not from futuristic boost panels but from the personalities of your drivers.

10088-new-york-paris-race-scarfoglio-new-york.jpg

Eventually this ragtag squad takes on their big rival, a nefarious corporation that's trying to put the little guys out of business (and which has been secretly been trying to sabotage our heroes). But you lead your upstart racing team to victory, with the guy and the girl (you decide which one drives and which one navigates) riding off into the sunset in a nice happy ending.

I can't decide if I want the soundtrack to be Sakimoto's VC style, or some kind of 1920s jazz. Either would work great!

Sounds promising! Would love to see something this if it were done with a true watercolor art style.

That or a Laputa/Porco Rosso game.

Ideas are worthless, execution is all that matters.

It's easy to say that, but how many of us even let our imagination enough time to think freely and come up with new concepts. Regardless of the result that's where all good things are started anyway. Share in the fun :)

I want to see a zombie survival game like day but this time done by action competent developers. However realism needs to be cranked up to levels never seen before outside of military sims. Realistic bullet ballistics, realistic fatigue and encumbrance system, weapon and vehicle degradation. Per Pixel hit detection system that accounts for a bullets velocity and penetration and any of the vital organs that would be impacted along the bullets path.

Weapons that handle realistically forcing the players to do off game research into Moa bullet adjustments, mildot range estimation and wind calls just to be proficient at making shots at a meesely 300m.

All of this on top of a top of the line pc game engine that is not gimped or held back by consoles that can render land masses that are gigantic and procedurally generated. A game engine that can allow the player to see for 40 miles into the distance at the same time render everything so he can see a lone shambling zombie from 5 miles away no LOD system that fails to render important things in the distance.

Maybe one day, when im like 90.

Zukuu

Banned
Survival Roguelike Horror RPG in First person view
You always start from level 1, level up via surviving and can choose skills that will help you to survive even longer. You're being hunted by creatures with glowing eyes, a long neck, small head and long shadowlike fingers. The creatures are from different classes and have special abilities or behaviors depending on their class.
It's set in a big area that includes a small town with houses big and small, where you can try to hide and escape. One of the early skills could be limited range x-ray vision, which lets you see the glowing eyes of the creatures through walls for a limited period of time for instance.

I dreamed about it lol. I was hiding and out of nowhere you could see those disturbing fingers grab the wall and it pulled himself up until the head on that long neck where high enough so those eyes were starring at you. I shat my pants.

It doesn't need a story, but for the setting, you could have died and those are the creatures that drag you to hell. x)

Nev

Banned
A prequel to Uncharted where you play as kid Nathan and young Sully and that is a real platforming game with no gunfights.

Basically this, but without the guided jumps and automatic platforming bullshit and with actual levels that are designed for platforming/exploring.

Kreunt

Banned
A Stargate game in the style of XCOM.
explore planets, make SG teams, upgrade your base/iris, geopolitics etc.

Super Metroid 2

Kush

Neo Member
After playing Saints Row IV, I'd love to see Volition make a Hulk game with the destructibility of the Red Faction series.

Phantom Dust 2. Let players team up, completely destructible environments, leveling and different skill trees. There hasn't been a game like the first one and that is a damn shame.

Artex

Banned
A game set in the Redwall universe. So much potential here for both awesome games and several movies. I don't get it.

Sentenza

Everyone has these ideas that they have for games so what's yours?
Blizzard making a party-based, Baldur's Gate-inspired isometric RPG, where they put to work all the experience they gathered with World of Warcraft's encounter design is an idea i always though could work wonderfully.

Assassin's Creed set in the era of Victorian London.

Open-world mafia game set in 1920s Chicago.

Privateer/Hardwar-esque open-world space sim, set in the Firefly or Babylon 5 universes.

BibiMaghoo

I want an RTS game, but on a different scale to anything I have seen, at extreme ends of the view point, and changeable on the fly.

So an actual world view, with controllable units over continents. Hit key, A continent view, with controllable city micromanagement and units. Hit key, A typical RTS map of an area, base building and units controllable at a typical RTS level.

Hit key. A Units view, Third person view of the area. Controllable units, cover based with unit skills. Hit key. Directly controllable squad leader, fighter or hack-n-slash view, can engage other squad leaders (player controlled or AI) directly in a 2-d style fight.

Hit key. Back to world and orbit view. Control space defence craft, manage world war etc.

Make it a 40k game. Online play + CoOp.

Perfection.

Rambler

I want to play a tactical shooter with Rainbow 6 style gameplay (ie, AI teamates, customizable loadouts, planning phase), but Doom 2's enemy variety.

Top Bottom