• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameBlog Rumor] - Developers disclosing problems with Xbox One drivers [Updated]

IN&OUT

Banned
Mods

People are suggesting adding [Rumor] to the title

Obviously go ahead if you feel it's appropriate

I felt the Xbox One Driver issues are more than rumor now though

It was a FACT in my book the moment Cboat spit it with his crazy gibberish language.

srd4484

Banned
To believe this RUMOR that they would downgrade ps4 version to match xb1 version is like believing Misterxjournal.

You guys need to relax.

A choice that could also affect the PS4 versions of these games. Indeed, to avoid offending a manufacturer, publishers may prefer to market identical versions. Technically.

Can't Sony apply the reverse pressure on the devs/pubs to not do this? Or is it whoever provides the bigger moneyhats? I mean if this really is true.

I would not buy a single PS4 game that is downgraded because of Xbox One, if any actually are.

But how would you or anyone know that they really did that? No one would ever know if this really happened unless there is a leak from inside.

Chobel

Considering it was the author of the article that wrote that they 'might be dumbed down on PS4' and not his sources, yes I would dismiss this.

The development environment for both the XB1 and the PS4 will constantly be updated even after the consoles launch. Driver issues can be expected especially when launching new hardware.

Anyone that thinks a developer will gimp their game because of the technical differences is crazy. The reasonable thought is that when MS or Sony want parity between releases it is more around features then resolution. Using BF4 as an example imagine they could only do 64 players on PS4 but not on XB1. In that case I could see MS wanting parity between the two. But one running 900p/60fps versus 1080/60fps? I don't think they would care about the differences as the average gamer might not be able to tell the difference.

Fair enough

At least we would know the reason if some games turns out to be on pair on both consoles, people also seem to forget that third party games will also compete with first party games. If they gimp their games for "political" reasons on the ps4 then first party games will will look far better and will make developers look bad.

I find it quite unbelievable that the largest software company in the world doesn't have a decent video driver ready for their own hardware that they've been working on for years. Something just doesn't seem right about that to me.

To believe this RUMOR that they would downgrade ps4 version to match xb1 version is like believing Misterxjournal.

You guys need to relax.

The point of the article and my OP was to discuss the maturity of the drivers for Xbox One

The other part of the article was indeed speculation on the author's part

I seriously don't consider the immaturity of the XB1 drivers to be a rumor at this point

Which is the point of the OP but of course no one cares about that

I have a feeling this 'we'll downgrade the PS4 version for reasons' started here as mere (paranoid) speculation.

I can't see it happening unless it's an industry wide practice and I don't see how that can realistically happen, imagine if the games of one or two publishers were noticeably better on PS4 but not so with the others? Not to mention said publishers didn't bother doing it for the current gen.

IN&OUT

Banned
Can't Sony apply the reverse pressure on the devs/pubs to not do this? Or is it whoever provides the bigger moneyhats? I mean if this really is true.

But how would you or anyone know that they really did that? No one would ever know if this really happened unless there is a leak from inside.

Why would Sony try to do this? They built a great system, it's not their fault that MS built a weak console. why would they start spending money just to ensure that devs utilise PS4 hardware? it's an ethical issue if true.

I would look at SentryDown's post

The site isn't reliable according to him

There have been two members posts on gamingblog.fr

Gameblog is very well-known in France, and reliable.

and

No it's not. It's the most garbage french website there is. Everyone in France just laughs at them.

Filed with rumors and other crap that would make tabloids jealous, their new editor in chief, Julien Chièze, would do anything to get hits on his website.

So now I have no idea

tkalamba

And according to other gaffers earlier in the thread it is, so....

Just saying, no need to dismiss an article based on one comment.

So far he's the only one to claim to be from France, so I feel his comments would hold a bit more value.

Edit: Nevermind, there have been 3 posters, 2 say its unreliable

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is possible that French site took Edge stuff and spinned it around a bit. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see some 'gimping' on some multiplats

Microsoft holding back once again. Unbelievable.
Ummm, no. Sony did that with their cell. MS didn't force Sony to chuck it into their machines.

Anyway people seem to conveniently forget Sony held back both the original xbox and gamecube last generation. Why?
Well because the ps2 was the dominant platform. MS can only hold back Sony this upcoming gen IF they sell more or equal too Sony's console. All signs are pointing to that not happening. People need to calm down with their selective 'rage'.

srd4484

Banned
The point of the article and my OP was to discuss the maturity of the drivers for Xbox One

The other part of the article was indeed speculation on the author's part

I seriously don't consider the immaturity of the XB1 drivers to be a rumor at this point

Which is the point of the OP but of course no one cares about that
Of course not. The immaturity of the XB1 drivers is something to discuss. But good luck in this thread. They took what they wanted and ran with it.

Watchdogs,AC4 & Destiny have timed/exclusive content for the PS4 versions.
COD,Fifa & BF4 have timed/exclusive content for the XB1 versions.
GTAV had a exclusive PS3 bundle.
Diablo 3 commercial only mentions the PS3 version.
Madden commercials only mention the 360 version.
etc,etc,etc......
If 3rd parties cared about parity they would not have signed exclusive content and marketing deals.
The fact that people in this thread think games are gonna be purposely gimped is a joke.

OP should have put "Rumor" in the title.

What is the rumour? that devs are having issue with the XO driver? which is the title

Rand6

You should know the source isn't fiable, this website is kinda "attention whore", fake news, rumors, and so on. It's a bit like a tabloïd for video games. Here in France, nobody discuss this "info" cause there is a high probability that it is purely fake.

Yep, Gameblog is not reliable at all.

I have a feeling this 'we'll downgrade the PS4 version for reasons' started here as mere (paranoid) speculation.

I can't see it happening unless it's an industry wide practice and I don't see how that can realistically happen, imagine if the games of one or two publishers were noticeably better on PS4 but not so with the others? Not to mention said publishers didn't bother doing it for the current gen.
I completely agree with you. Besides, I'm not really sure why a developer would be afraid of offending a hardware manufacturer when consoles desperately need titles. Could you imagine Microsoft saying, "no ubisoft, we don't want Watchdogs on our system because it looks arbitrarily better on our competitions system".

And people saying moneyhat; come on.

We fucking created DirectX. Best software engineers. Balance. Tv. Tv. Tv. You all just wait and see. Numbers don't tell the whole story and don't mean shit... Until we announce a spec bump that is!

Fuck you MS. If PS4 multiplats are downgraded for "parity" I hope you lose your entire xbox division you pieces of scum.

vctor182

Ummm, no. Sony did that with their cell. MS didn't force Sony to chuck it into their machines.

Anyway people seem to conveniently forget Sony held back both the original xbox and gamecube last generation. Why?
Well because the ps2 was the dominant platform. MS can only hold back Sony this upcoming gen IF they sell more or equal too Sony's console. All signs are pointing to that not happening. People need to calm down with their selective 'rage'.

Wasn't the Wii the dominant platform last gen? It sure didn't held back PS3/360. Also, Wii U continues to receive the bad end of ports and it seems they don't have a political BS like MS does.

Tml Matus

Banned
Wow. I hadn't seen this. If the prresident of Sony's Worldwide Studios speculates about developers gimping their games in order not to anger MS, then something's really up... If this actually becomes reality, it's the fucking last time I ever buy a MS product. (Although the reality is that's easier said than done.)

I don't know ... after my windows 8 experience it might become easier switching to steam os.

Chobel

so, you think developers would think about gimp a version to release it on pair with the other ones? I'm sorry but I can't see that happening, I think that would be a waste of time and resources for nothing.

I'm telling you stop arguing about the remote thought of MS moneyhatting developers, or even threating them, to gimp better versions on other platforms so it's on par with XBO/360.

I completely agree with you. Besides, I'm not really sure why a developer would be afraid of offending a hardware manufacturer when consoles desperately need titles. Could you imagine Microsoft saying, "no ubisoft, we don't want Watchdogs on our system because it looks arbitrarily better on our competitions system".

And people saying moneyhat; come on.
Large third party publishers hold most of the power in these relationships. The emotive language used here makes it sound all the more absurd.

Alej

Banned
That MS should die in a fire, if true.

And those pusblishers should know they will not be forgiven for doing this.

Top Bottom