• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
It doesn't seem like it will be like either in the long run, though it may lean more towards .hack.

And /that's/ why I'm excited for the future of this show. It's differentiated itself from these two shows so quickly in the first episode that it's uncanny. Worst case scenario? It'll be extremely similar to .hack and still be better than the majority of SAO.

Nafe

Yuushibu 1:

Watched for Nafe since Nafe was ever so kind as to point out that this is a colored eyelash show. Sadly, it took me mere minutes to feel like I was suffocating under all of the LN character archetypes and the ubiquitous crass fanservice and so I couldn't make it through the whole episode, but I appreciate my freaky interests being remembered. Thanks anyway Nafe!

That's completely okay, haha. I didn't know if you would like the show or not. There's always screen caps if you want still.

Not every show has aired either. It almost looks like the anime for Blazblue will have coloured eyelashes.

fertygo

Ace of Diamond - 01

Major successor from straight away yeahhhh, liking the humor and chara design.. can't wait for the incoming dorama.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wow, the new season of Aikatsu was absolutely bludgeoned with the QUALITY stick. Its first season actually had consistently good production values for a plastic shit show, but apparently one of its major sponsors backed out of its sponsorship for this season, and this is the result:

hdQZNf4l.jpg

ZT7IJ5Pl.jpg

2hnSiVdl.jpg

tons of malformed, pointy faces and well fuck just look at the hands in that third image. RIP Ai Kats

Silky

Banned
The timebomb scenario with Kasuga wearing Saeki's gym clothes during their date was really entertaining.

I don't know...I can't seem to call Nakamura an evil person. She's more of an optimist, really--playing Kasuga like a fiddle due to his own insecurities and paranoia he has regarding what Saeki sees of him.

That might be why Nakamura's my absolute favorite right now. Gonna pause with the Anime for the night and catch up with other shows, but I can't wait to get into the last few episodes of the show.

--

In regards to Freezing, as someone who enjoys watching Ecchi Anime; it's /okay./ Hope you're ready for the titties and one dimensional characters and
Implied rape backstory.
. But it's okay. Girls are cute, I guess.

cnet128

Banned
Yuu Don't Honestly Expect Me To Type Out That Entire Title, Right? Shibu 1

Well, this was lewd as all hell. I know anime in general takes some liberties with skirt lengths (or rather lack thereof), but seriously, the skirts these girls wear barely even reach their crotches. There's not even the pretence of trying to hide anything. It looks like they're dressed to work in a strip club or something, not an electronics store.

And then the camera has no shame whatsoever either. The whole "male gaze" phenomenon has never really bothered me in anything before, but here it's just so overt as to be distracting. It's like, a female character is just sitting there talking and the camera is like "LOOK, LOOK, PANTSU! LET'S PUT THEM IN THE CENTRE OF THE SCREEN IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE!" before remembering "oh right the character has a face as well" and panning up as though it's an afterthought. And all the animation effort seems to have gone into making boobs jiggle to the point where I can only assume not only have bras not been invented in this world, but they must in fact have invented some kind of anti-bra instead.

It's especially distracting because this doesn't really feel like a show that should revolve around ecchi appeal. It feels like it should be an ordinary comedy show like Maou-sama, so all these incidental overtly lewd elements seem oddly out of place. My brain can't seem to reconcile what this show is trying to be with what it actually is.

It also doesn't help that I can't really appreciate any of this lewdness because the female character designs all seem to be very much based around "giant :chet" first and foremost, and I don't find that attractive in the slightest. The general sluttiness of the outfits is similarly unattractive. I actually thought Fino herself seemed kind of cute for most of the episode, when she didn't seem to have a giant chest and was actually dressed modestly. Then it transpired that this was just a temporary pretence to justify the main character mistaking her gender, and by the end of the episode she was at least as giant-chested and sluttily-dressed as the rest of them. Disappointment max.

But yeah, if I somehow ignore all the beyond-OniAi levels of shamelessness, this show is actually pretty fun. The contents of Fino's CV were hilarious (it seemed a shame that the camera panned over it so quickly that you had to pause the video to have any chance of reading it...), the concept is solid, and the character interactions in general are a pleasure to watch.

So uh, I'm a little torn on whether to stick with this one or not ~.~

Wow, the new season of Aikatsu was absolutely bludgeoned with the QUALITY stick. Its first season actually had consistently good production values for a plastic shit show, but apparently one of its major sponsors backed out of its sponsorship for this season, and this is the result:

tons of malformed, pointy faces and well fuck just look at the hands in that third image. RIP Ai Kats

So now it's in its YPC5 season I see.

Branduil

Valvrave 4

So apparently if you start stripping that's the auto-win button for any argument.

Call me Moses

Valvrave 5

Kickstart our teenage democracy please.

Is this sexual intercourse?

JoJo 3

Physics are more like guidelines, really.

Steins;Gate 3

This story sure is convoluted. I suppose part of it is White Fox not being very good at executing it.

Patlabor TV 30

The Griffin is mecha Batman. Its shadowy depiction in the opening dream and subsequent confrontation was excellent - its portrayal so far has been so good about drawing out its sinister nature. I initially wrote "his" instead of "its", which I think speaks volumes about how much personality has been given this machine.

The layouts this episode were on a much higher level of creativity than the normal standard of the show:

You don't normally see slanted perspectives like these.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Did you ever watch Genshiken for Sue? lol

It's somewhere in the Infinite Backlog.

That's completely okay, haha. I didn't know if you would like the show or not. There's always screen caps if you want still.

Not every show has aired either. It almost looks like the anime for Blazblue will have coloured eyelashes.

I'm on board for Blazblue regardless so all the better if ends up pandering to my weirdness.

So are you still in for another 50 episodes? lol

Even at its worst it's still ten times better than Doki, so of course.

wonzo

Banned

FUCK

LordCanti

UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Coppelion - 01

OK you got me intrested ... i hope they will devellop those character properly over the course of 12 eps ..they started properly ... so i guess i'm sticking with this anime and howthose 3 will survive and adapt in a dangerous environment

pokemon origins

sooo good.... yet it tells me how nonsense pokemon story is. Gotta love how giovanni disbands team rocket like a boss because fuck why not.

Same the 2 middle eps weren't strong animation wise, but that finale.

Vecks

Did they really just change the time slot of HxH after 98 episodes?
I've always been looking forward to it on this day for the past 2(?) years. ;_;

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet retains its status as the best little girls' franchise.

There was nothing wrong with the Aikatsu episode from a content standpoint. Jewelpet is good, but can only claim that it's never worsened visually over time because it's always looked like it was animated on a Leapster tablet.

Doremi is still a little girls show, so it's the winner

Sorry, I meant currently active little girls' franchise. I certainly don't mean to put it past classics such as Sailor Moon and Doremi.

There was nothing wrong with the Aikatsu episode from a content standpoint. Jewelpet is good, but can only claim that it's never worsened visually over time because it's always looked like it was animated on a Leapster tablet.

Jewelpet has definitely gotten better visually over time, and it can pull out some great animation on occasion, especially when Masao Ookubo is present.

Syrinx

Infinite Stratos 2

I don't get Houki's feelings toward Ichika. She hasn't seen him in 6 years, seen that he's become an incompetent, weak wiener, and...that makes her start to love him? Or rekindles her love for him? If anything she should have learned that this idiot isn't worth her time. Like she said, he's changed so much. And not for the better, unless he was somehow even more of a loser back then.

What a bullshit way to end that. He should have gotten his ass handed straight to him. The dude doesn't know shit about IS, and he's fighting an expert. Instead they have him almost defeat her but lose when his sword drains all of his energy? Fuck that noise. It's obvious they're just using it so Cecilia can start to feel attracted to him, but if anything that makes it even more bullshit. The guy sucks and everybody should hate him.

Gazoinks

The Tatami Galaxy 2

Come on Watashi take a chill pill I wanna look at the cool visuals.

So I really like this show so far. Likable characters (I really like Akashi), weeeird structure, cool visual style, goofy humor, and some meta. All of my favorite things!

I like how Watashi's film about tatami rooms kinda explains the meaning of the title (and the meaning of the ED). Time loop go!

The Tatami Galaxy 3

So since the god of matrimony is Ozu's "Master", is Ozu some sort of supernatural entity? I really liked how this episode has Jougasaki as a non-antagonistic character this time.

The fortune teller constantly raising her prices cracks me up probably more than it should.

JUST RETURN THE THINGY WATASHI.

Dresden

kyousogiga - 0

It's interesting to revisit the original ova. It's still incoherent (and stylish), but there's greater patience for all the noise knowing that something of substance (or approximating substance) lurks behind it all. Bits and pieces that never made it into the web releases last year abound, and judging from the new opening, will be dealt with this season.

---

Hajime no Ippo: Rising - 1

Well, it's Ippo. Content leading up to the actual fight was chopped to expedite cutting into the action, and I'm okay with it - it's not a particularly important bout, outside of its import in leading up to a certain battle later on in the series, and that's something to be dealt with in the ring. I thought the flashback was kinda iffy, and not a good start to a new season, especially considering the break in between New Challenger and RIsing. Still, enjoyed it, and it's been long enough that I'm not bothered by the changes in VAs.

Articalys

SAKI DESTROYED

GET WRECKED

PANZER VOR
10/05: Saimoe Round 3, Groups A & B - Day 1

A1
1st 673 (53.33%) Mami Tomoe @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 589 (46.67%) Yuu Matsumi @ Saki

B2
1st 653 (52.41%) Miho Nishizumi @ Girls Und Panzer
2nd 593 (47.59%) Kuro Matsumi @ Saki

Shergal

kyousogiga - 0

It's interesting to revisit the original ova. It's still incoherent (and stylish), but there's greater patience for all the noise knowing that something of substance (or approximating substance) lurks behind it all. Bits and pieces that never made it into the web releases last year abound, and judging from the new opening, will be dealt with this season.

I originally liked the OVA partly because it was so nonsensical, and it speaks well when I enjoyed it a lot again after being able to make more sense of it. It doesn't make it lose that appeal, instead it punctuates the obscurity of the plot once you know the broad strokes of it, making it much easier to follow along while enjoying the hyper aesthetic style.

Can't wait for the first ep, I'm way more excited for it than anything else.

CorvoSol

The Wolf Children: Yuki and Ame

Fuck you all, anime-GAF. Especially Branduil. None of you told me I was gonna feel emotions at the end of this movie. Now I'm sitting here thinking about how little I show how much I appreciate my own mother, and how the mom in this movie deserves a gol-durned award for the sheer amount of effort she's put into raising these two kids. I still have my questions about that whole business at the beginning, but that's another story. Seeing these two kids grow up was amazing. It felt like Bunny Drop all over again, with the amazing warm feelings and the love of the cast. The part at the end where
Yuki shifts between human and wolf and human again with the curtain billowing
is going to stick in my head for nights. So pretty. I even like the way they managed to capture the differences between the two kinds of growth in the kids. I really hope that
Ame at least stops in from time to time to say hi to his mom
, but that's another story.

Visually, the film was a treat. Although there was conspicuous CG and I detest that so so so much, the rest was simply wonderful to watch. The designs were cute, and the voice actors all felt homely, like one might say a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter's day does. There was also an overwhelmingly positive view of humanity, or maybe just country folk, presented in the film. The city folk are portrayed as obstructive, and selfish, and at times even cruel because of the insanity of their institutions, but the country folk are quick to warm up, and burn all the longer for it. They're loving, gentle, and simple people, and just as Hana raises her children, the kindly mountain folk help teach Hana how to hack it on her own and be a real mom.

There was also some really terrifying stuff in the film, such as
the garbage men disposing of the dad's body. Like can you imagine if that happened to you, and your loved one's body was literally thrown away by garbage men and you could not tell anyone?
or
when Ame attacks Yuki and is standing there with red eyes, which really helped communicate the fear that Hana was feeling over what was becoming of her son at that point.

I was really breath-taken by the scene with the old professor leading the chase, though. So much so, in fact, I feel the need to share the most impressive sight in the entire film:

Like I want to go there right now. The film really sold me on the Japanese countryside, but then, I'm a sucker for countrysides anyway. It was simple stunning to see, though, and I just stared at it for the longest of times.

The music in the film isn't, and please don't hate me for this, something I'd call immediately memorable. I can't really hum a tune from this at any point. That said it was still VERY good music and it really worked in the movie. Maybe it wasn't catchy enough to stick in my skull, but it was still really well done.

The one complaint I could see myself voicing was that it felt as if it ended too soon. I know that, as the children
both moved away from the mother in the end of the film, the story ends there
, but I sort of felt as if I wanted more, and also kind of needed more. Which is really not much of a complaint at all, that at the end of a 2 hour movie I wanted MORE.

In closing, I dunno that I ever found out what her husband's name was, but he looked eerily like a blue haired Ali Al Saachez.

Branduil

The Wolf Children: Yuki and Ame

Fuck you all, anime-GAF. Especially Branduil. None of you told me I was gonna feel emotions at the end of this movie.

LOL

If you liked it, you should watch Hosoda's other works, like Digimon: Our War Game, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Summer Wars(Our War Game 2.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom