• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default 1 Year Anniversary Special Event Live Stream [Summary In OP]

The event will be focusing on Bravely Default: For The Sequel (called Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies in Europe).
Demonstration of the "100 improvements".
First gameplay footage of the new battle system.
A second BDFTS Dengeki Online DLC promo will be announced. Read about the first promo here.
Discussion of future developments.
Guests:
Tomoya Asano (producer)
Masashi Takahashi (assistant producer)
8XYFm3w.jpg

zHqXY1g.jpg

ROGXoMT.jpg

FeA8uBk.jpg

t1381492800z0.png

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv153958451

Okay, stream is over. Time for pics.
Cutscene spoiler
BDFTS spoiler (I think)
Dengeki User Completion stats (spoilers)
36% defeated the hidden boss, 29% saw the true ending, 12% played until the last chapter, 13% finished chapter 4, and 10% didn't reach chapter 4
CtMkTZb.png

Donnerschutz shield DLC promo (Dengeki Nintendo magazine)
mU5HOxl.png

People want The Pocketbook of D and figures.
5pdD2kU.png

Merch price range voting.
xxOQz3Xh.png

12k yen - 12.3%
6k yen - 35.6%
3k yen - 39.4%
1k yen - 12.7%
PM9Xovd.png

The Pocketbook of R novels. Vol 1 and 2 out on Dec 5. DLC costume serial code included.
fd39625c47s12.jpg
[
079edb77wgsp0.jpg
WI9WSaH.png

Drama CD announced (contains DLC costume serial code)
MJnNm0D.png

Drama CD illustration (rough)
DLC costumes!
HCjtXW6.png

Dimensional Officer Tiz
36LQazA.png

Bravo Bunny Agnes
CBjVwhJ.png

Duchy Military Cadet-in-Training Edea
Y0tkQXa.png

Wakoku Soldier - Lightning Quick Ringabel

Yep.

RWGASuk.png

Shikishi signed by the drama CD cast. It was/will be given away to one of the participating viewers.

iRqHAKkBR0oAP.gif

Buying and using SP drinks.
bdfs29grqwh.jpg

SP drink menu art.
Using Bravely Second.
(spoilers)

idHAuNS1DFzf8.gif

Devout Agnes with the Donnerjäger bow.
ivM7KTOHY5HwW.gif

Superstar Edea with the Donnerschutz shield.
mbx1G4NakPN3n3

Setting the random enemy encounter gauge to max
(glimpse of spoiler near the end)

Will add more later. Or not.
VfoQ8mc.jpg

]『ブレイブリーデフォルト フォーザシークウェル』
時を止めて攻撃できる「ブレイブリーセカンド」はSPを使用
SPはスリープ時に溜まっていく、SPドリンクとしてDLC購入が可能

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/archives/52041838.html

Quote from 4chan:

BRAVELY DEFAULT, or rather the FTS version that EU and US will get as well, has a stamina based attack in addition to the regular attacks.

Two ways to get stamina:
1. Put 3DS is sleep mode with the game.
2. Buy Stamina items as DLC.

Yeah. Great. Include F2P-mechanics in a retail-title!

Oh, so that's why it's called for-the-sequel... as in, we're funding the sequel with that sweet F2P money of yours.

I think its totally optional and you can use this system to kill bosses more easily, but still...

... just the fact that they include such a DLC in a retail-title is bad in my opinion.

Jonnyram

It says "Second".

And "Bravely Second" and "Bravely Third" were trademarked.

That should say enough.
"Bravely Second" is the term given to the way you stop time in FTS. So, I'm not sure it would be the name of the sequel. As for 'Bravely Third', I have no idea.

"My new single is out this week by the way". Revo please.

edit: Autosave confirmed.

Spoilers :/

You can use Bravely Second 2-3 times a day just by putting your system in sleep mode.

Asano confirmed you don't need to use SP drinks to enjoy the game at all. There is nothing that can't be done without them.

The game is 4GB.

Donnerschutz DLC. Dengeki promo. Buy the magazine to get the code...

D's Notebook and figures to go on sale in the future.

Costumes! Agnes and Ringabel's costumes...
You can pick your DLC this time. You buy a product, then pick one of the costumes on the BDFF site.

2San

Quick question. So was this game better received then Type-0 in Japan?

You can use Bravely Second 2-3 times a day just by putting your system in sleep mode.

Asano confirmed you don't need to use SP drinks to enjoy the game at all. There is nothing that can't be done without them.
I'm just wondering if the game is balanced around the SP drinks. I really don't feel like putting my 3DS in sleep mode all the time.

You pick one of four DLC costumes if you register the drama CD campaign code on Square Enix's site. I'm not sure the serial codes from other BD products allow you to pick your costume. I'm pretty sure you can register one drama CD per account only though. I'll check later.
0QFOOTf.jpg

3zebWFx.png
STPd8L0.png

Artbook cover.
ZYr8mgR.jpg

You pick one of the four DLC costumes shown in the OP when you register its serial code. Same goes for all other products of the DLC campaign. Buy 4 different products for the full costume set.

Hedge

Super excited for that book! Too bad the code won't work for the western games. Guess I'll give my code away.

I'm not sure if anyone will see this here, but if you're planning to download BDFtS on a Japanese system you need to have a copy of BDFF in the system/on the SD card. No BDFF? No digital BDFtS for you.

Top Bottom