• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #131 - "Tour"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted RPGmaker anyway, so worth it.

After spending the day playing around, I'm pretty convinced that Writing Gaf could get together and produce something special with it.

Something like the sci-fi equivalent of "To the moon" would work well with the talent on offer.

I was gonna say, my talents amount to banging rocks together, but man if you need some rock hittin', I'm happy to contribute.

1899. I've read it a dozen times and can't cut a single word. I need all of them. Password is same as above.

A Token

Oh and I'll be adding illustrations later. Just finished the writing tonight.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
I had an idea for this challenge, but I have a few other things that need to be written first, so it likely won't happen. I will be reading, though!

edit: I lied and I am writing a thing.

Tangent

OH NO!! Say it ain't so!
tumblr_mhvf1pMAig1ran7b9o2_250.gif

(that's for you, ronito.)

Mike M

Nick N
Man, I'm coming in way under the word limit. Between being on vacation and writing massive walls of text in the D&D thread, I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate this week, and now that I'm writing out what I had in mind, it's a really short bit : /

I'm going to post mine tonight when I get home. I want to proof-read it one more time, but it's done. I've had to gut a lot of promising scenes to fit it into the 1800 word limit, but I managed to do it.

Nezumi

Oh f***ing shit! I totally forgot about this. What will it be? Sleep or last minute writing...

Ah screw it! Writing it is!

Nezumi

Great, soon the sun will start to rise over here and I still don't know how to end that story. And here I was thinking this would be an easy one just because I'm reusing a cast of characters.

ZeroRay

I'm tired and this damn story doesn't wanna end.

It's either keep going with this, sleep or write about cowboys.

And yeah, Pau start. You'll also be representing me if I don't get something submitted. No pressure.

ZeroRay

Already in NaNo mode by writing bloated ass stories.

Fitting, since it takes place in my NaNo world from last year. ;)

Tangent

"Open House" (1776 words)

Already in NaNo mode by writing bloated ass stories.

Fitting, since it takes place in my NaNo world from last year. ;)

It's impressive how you bring back your old NaNo world, and how Nezumi reuses characters. It means that you truly grew fond of them all. I think I treat all of my prior writing like an old dissertation. As in, after something's "done," never think about it, look at it, or talk about it. Just let it collect cobwebs.

Pau

And yeah, Pau start. You'll also be representing me if I don't get something submitted. No pressure.
You have like a zillion more words than I do though! ;-;

And I have an idea, just feeling so blurgh. Thanks for the motivation everyone. I'll put up something at least. :)

Mike M

Nick N
The Worst of All Possible Things
683 words.

This... didn't work out. I had hoped to attempt some sort of choose your own adventure where you were presented with a selection of buttons and each one would end up in a different outcome, but I honestly couldn't come up with any other scenarios that were quite on par with the original concept here. Also couldn't come up with a good bridge to the punchline : /

Nezumi

OK, finished the story. Will lay down for about an hour now and then look over it one more time before actually posting it. Which means I might run a little late posting it. But I just can't think straight anymore. My brain needs at least a little rest.

Ward

This is bad, and I know it. It's 25% done, but I committed to post, so here it is. Don't read this unless you have a few minutes to spare. You'll come away disappointed.

Capital Vice City On-Ramp

under 1800 words as designed

FillerB

Trouble (1359 words)

First time in years I write a story of any kind. Rushed the ending and didn't really do any proofreading. Won't hold a candle to any of the other entries. But oh well.

Pau

Sorry folks, couldn't get anything even resembling decent for this one. Glad to see new people in the thread! (Hey FillerB! :D)

Nezumi

Here we go:

"New Careers" ~1800 words, usual password.

Even though this story continues the events from another story I wrote for one of this challenges I did my best to write it as a stand-alone, since I'm aware of the fact that not everyone here might have read the first story. This is the story I'm talking about if people should be interested. Password is the same as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom