• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox.com/facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

iwQyz36WP0KaZ.png

The best facts around.

I can only see a mustache girl and some letters rumbled together.

Translation ?

saladine1

I can understand Kinect if it had a killer app or game attached to it. Something that made people go wow.
As it stands, there isn't anything to get hyped about. If MS truly wanted people to get into it, they should've worked a little harder to ensure that kind of reaction from the public.

Kogepan

Pet peeve... why do people keep acting like it's only $100 MS is taking from your pocket if you don't want to use the Kinect? That thing contributes more than $100 to the $499 price.

yeh....weaker GPU etc compared to PS4.... probably could have gone 349.99 without it.

UNCMark

Banned
HOxdsjS.png

it's a good thing! Premium means good right?

Premium apps means they can charge a premium price. I wish I was joking, but that's exactly what they said before launch when someone asked if they'd continue to charge for apps on their new console.

Finalizer

SO DEVELOPERS WILL USE IT BECAUSE THEY CAN COUNT ON YOU AT LEAST HAVING IT.

Are people still not getting this? It's to ensure Kinect is a feature for developers and not an optional accessory. This way there is no fragmentation in the user base, everyone has a Kinect so development time and resource isn't wasted on a small number of people who might have a Kinect.

So developers can count on the consumer having it when they are designing games. This means we should see more Kinect-centric games instead of just having Kinect features be a miniscule optional thing.

I'm sure glad every PS3 controller came with Sixaxis functionality. We got to see such innovative and interesting features across the PS3 game library thanks to it being in every controller and developers not having to worry about fragmentation of the user base. It really shook things up and made for unique experiences on the PS3.

People are just convincing themselves with this silly argument at this point.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm sure glad every PS3 controller came with Sixaxis functionality. We got to see such innovative and interesting features across the PS3 game library thanks to it being in every controller and developers not having to worry about fragmentation of the user base. It really shook things up and made for unique experiences on the PS3.

So you honestly think things would have been exactly the same if sixasis wasn't in every controller from the start?

It more than likely would have been even worse.

So no it's not a silly argument. Kinect could fizzle out in terms of support next gen but it's still in a better position due to it being packed into every console.

Hubble

No, he's right. Games like Dance Dance Revolution and fitness games like Nike Fitness will sell a whole lot more on the XO than the PS4 since the XO is not a fragmented market like the PS4.

wapplew

I can see Kinect work well, as non gaming tech.
MS should make a free App call Xbox movie/animation maker or something.
Let you make your own animation/movie with you do the mo cap, voice over ,edit and upload to all major social media.
You can make 5 minutes sitcom, 90 minutes movie or even 5 second gif for gaf with it.
Slap some famous character model from games or Disney or comic for few dollar,
Might be another minecraft like success.

Or let you do your own winning pose/taunt move while you score on Fifa or COD,
great little feature I can see a lot may like. All that little touches add some value to Kinect.

iBuzz7S

Banned
yeh....weaker GPU etc compared to PS4.... probably could have gone 349.99 without it.
Disregarding Kinect, are you implying that a weaker system justifies a cheaper cost? By your logic, a gaming PC should cost in excess of $1500 because the "GPU etc" is stronger when compared to the Xbox One and PS4.

Duxxy3

Disregarding Kinect, are you implying that a weaker system justifies a cheaper cost? By your logic, a gaming PC should cost in excess of $1500 because the "GPU etc" is stronger when compared to the Xbox One and PS4.

Many gaming PC's do...

DBT85

It may be weaker but because of the ESRAM it's also larger, which means it costs more to make. Though the GDDR5 on the PS4 will also be contributing to the PS4 price quite a lot.

JustDrive

Stupid descision to force it upon people in the first place, Only this past week MS are bragging about selling 80m consoles and yet of that usebase only 24m bought Kinect.
Surely that should tell them that the vast majority of thier customers almost 3/4 quarters coudnt give a toss about Kinect.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Smart move for MS to clear up misinformation. Misinformation that they should have dealt with months ago.

And gimme that Kinect baby!

24m Kinects is a lot. It it were less, then the XB1 probably wouldn't ship with one.

Raist

Banned
Smart move for MS to clear up misinformation. Misinformation that they should have dealt with months ago.

And gimme that Kinect baby!

24m Kinects is a lot. It it were less, then the XB1 probably wouldn't ship with one.

That's new information. Not misinformation. Their post should contain the word "anymore".

Alx

That's new information. Not misinformation. Their post should contain the word "anymore".

Or rather "after all". You can't say their console ever required kinect or an online connection since they cancelled it before it was released.

The real smart move would have been for them to have clear and concise messaging on XBO from the start. But no, they dropped the ball and they know it. The fact that they have to make ads like this is sad and I have no doubt that this "facts" website is driven from them hearing consumer feedback directly from their retail partners (GameStop, Walmart, etc.).

I've just woke up and read the OPs fact again.

MS should be embarrassed that they made that.

How can a company sell a product at over a hundred dollars more premium and tell its consumers that they can just unplug it/turn it off if they basically don't want it.

That's a complete negative and not at all up selling your product. That's saying "please buy our product but don't use it". How is that nothing more than bad messaging and advertising. It's practically saying don't buy it therefore. I can't express just how embarrassingly bad this is.

Smh

Why hasn't MS got a selling point for Kinect? Because that should be there instead of this message. Make people want it, not have to unplug it. I've never seen such bad messaging.

So you honestly think things would have been exactly the same if sixasis wasn't in every controller from the start?

It more than likely would have been even worse.

So no it's not a silly argument. Kinect could fizzle out in terms of support next gen but it's still in a better position due to it being packed into every console.

Translation:

I want games for the Kinect, so I want Microsoft to force you to buy one, even if you don't want one or intend to buy one, to trick developers into think it has a userbase, when it's quite clear it doesn't, won't and never will.

Alx

I've just woke up and read the OPs fact again.

MS should be embarrassed that they made that.

How can a company sell a product at over a hundred dollars more premium and tell its consumers that they can just unplug it/turn it off if they basically don't want it.

Because too many people think they still need to keep it plugged in at all times.
You can blame MS for originally planning the system that made consumers (rightfully) think that in the first place, but now that they changed everything you can't blame them for informing everybody about it.

Caayn

Translation:

I want games for the Kinect, so I want Microsoft to force you to buy one, even if you don't want one or intend to buy one, to trick developers into think it has a userbase, when it's quite clear it doesn't, won't and never will.
I didn't know that Microsoft is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy the Xbox One. It's a complete package, meaning the Kinect is included. If you want to customize you go to Burger King and customize your burger there.

Because too many people think they still need to keep it plugged in at all times.
You can blame MS for originally planning the system that made consumers (rightfully) think that in the first place, but now that they changed everything you can't blame them for informing everybody about it.

so you can still pretty easily blame them for creating the situation in the first place requiring them to do so? cuz i think that's the real point here - they're attempting to recover from damage that they themselves inflicted, & it all just makes them look a little pathetic :) ...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

There's no doubt that people still don't know about the XB1 changes. There's still misinformation being spread.

The real smart move would have been for them to have clear and concise messaging on XBO from the start. But no, they dropped the ball and they know it. The fact that they have to make ads like this is sad and I have no doubt that this "facts" website is driven from them hearing consumer feedback directly from their retail partners (GameStop, Walmart, etc.).

Agreed.

But by informing people this way, they are telling them there's no need to buy it however, that really is bad messaging. People will only now be asking themselves "why am I having to buy it then?". Why would people see this and go "oh I don't need it, lets pop down to BestBuy to pre-order right this moment".

The messaging should be why people should buy it and why they should have it plugged in/turned on. Not the opposite.

DodgerSan

Stupid descision to force it upon people in the first place, Only this past week MS are bragging about selling 80m consoles and yet of that usebase only 24m bought Kinect.
Surely that should tell them that the vast majority of thier customers almost 3/4 quarters coudnt give a toss about Kinect.

#truthfact

But, Nuads dude! Won't somebody think of the money!

Milennia

I dont hate them for trying to set things right, i really don't. In fact, I'm even buying one sometime near feb or april.

But i cant help but feel that this thing could be some kind of trojan horse. If they address those concerns of mine, ill be fine. Just something I've been keeping in the back of my mind.

Sethos

Banned
Wow, the xbox hate is strong.

See, this is one of those posters that just sound like PR, like that other guy who was banned. Apparently everything in here is hate. Looking through his post history;

I'm still glad Kinect is packed in. Sometimes innovation needs to happen even though people don't want it.

Oh that amazing packed in Kinect.

When Sony started charging for a subscribtion, the only choice for them was to give you free stuff. There is a decent amount of games that I own on both my 360 and PS3, and my only experience is much (not exagerating) better on XBL than than PSN. With XBL offering dedis for all games on X1, my guess is that XBL will be suprior to PSN again.

Experience better on XBL and it will be superior to PSN again.

Crysis 360 is one of the prettiest console games, especially given the scale.

360 version of Crysis is the best looking console game.

Keep telling yourself that.

To a comment about value finally being added to XBL with the games, which is true for quite a few parts of the world.

Have it running on my Surface RT. The new multitasking modes and the small tiles are really useful. By the way, the FB live tile is pretty boring. It only shows new updates right?

Has a Surface RT, conveniently.

Were you also told why it took a rumour to inform the community? How long were Sony going to wait before telling?

Bit of Sony acidity

I don't get why people lose their shit when people call Beyond/Heavy Rain a QTE fest yet bash Ryse for it.

Oh no, people are mean to Ryse, why aren't they mean to <Playstation 3 games>

If it really is delayed, it's kind of a dick move on Sony's part for not announcing it so close to launch.

( Locked thread ) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86415376&postcount=3965 - Again a acidity comment towards Sony.

Had some flashbacks to the 'DelayStation 3' days, lol.
Also, I'm waiting for the inevitable clockbait rumour in which some unnamed industry insider claims that PS4 hardware is causing the delay of DC and WatchDogs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86284435&postcount=195 - lol flashbacks to delaystation 3.

Doesn't excuse them from slacking off.

Sony can't do anything right with this guy.

Shame on Microsoft for recommending me games based on the games I own and play a lot!

To answer your questions, yes I am one of those people. Speaking of the recommended thing, I've actually bought some titles on Xbox 360 I've never heard of thanks to the recommended tile. No regrets there.

And some sarcasm because he wants to tell us what Microsoft is doing rocks.

Their Lumia 1020 review was even worse. They should be sued for spreading so much misinformation.

Oh he owns another Microsoft related device and someone said something bad about it, heh.

I don't understand why people dismiss RT for not beeing able to run legacy code though. Even with a wasteland of an appstore, Widows RT is a very capable OS. It's not as open as Android, but it sure as hell can do a lot more than iOS. Speaking of iOS, people emphasize apps on it so much that the OS itself is basically an app launcher, nothing more :/

Windows RT getting a bit of the love as well.

When devs actually did this and the PS3 quite often came out as inferior, it was because of "lazy devs".

Another PS3 mention with that acidity

I see tremendeous potential for (big screened) Windows Phones in the Asus Padfone concept. But I don't think they've executed it well. In the phonepad concept, both the phone and tablet are fully functional standalone devices. Kind of dumb.
I would like to see a Windows "PadPhone" concept in which the tablet screen in an extention of the phone, not a fully fuctional tablet. The tablet makes the Padfone quite expensive too. If that tablet were just a screen and a battery, cost would be much lower. MS should really do this. I'm quite 'mad' at MS for not doing something like this really.

He sees tremendous potential for a Windows phone.

If the rest of the UI looks good and that page godawful, it means the UI is inconsistent.

Turns something into the UI being inconsistent.

Based on the absolutely stupid and false critisism the RT gets, I'm not surprised. But the device doesn't deserve to be neglected that much.

Better defend RT again.

So what you're saying is essentially "Microsoft is lying about cloud computing because they have no tech demo". I guess Sony lied about the SPE's too. Nobody knew what those were for until 2008.

Sony pushed the PS3's special SPE's way more than Microsoft is pushing Cloud Computing. We didn't see the benefit of SPE's until years after launch. The first games if I recall correctly that described how SPE's aided their rendering was Killzone 2, released in 2009.

Let me randomly turn this into Sony-something.

How can you even measure something like that.

Can't even concede Sony's marketing is more effective than what Microsoft are doing.

Not surprising since Xbox Live is smoother/less lag than PSN. I've bought Tekken Tag 2 for both PS3 and 360, PS3 4green bars plays like Xbox 360 orange/yellow bars.

Xbox Live is very smooth. It's amaze, such less lag.

I swear, it's just page up and page down of Sony quips, defending Microsoft, talking about 300 different Microsoft product he surprisingly had his hands on, extremely active in most Xbox One game related threads, Forza and Ryse with lots of gushing. Sorry it just annoys me when you see these comments from people you suspect are a bit too involved with Microsoft or any of the companies they are defending for that matter. Look through his post history and it's nothing but this, his first post was in the Windows Phone thread.

MIlky1985

Banned
Hang on, in the get the facts they say that Xbox one has "The most award-winning exclusive games at E3."

Didn't people take titanfall out of that number (because, you know, its not exclusive it being out on PC as well) which turned this claim into a bit of a stretching statement?

Stretching statement is a polite way of saying "bollocks" btw

Caayn

Long wall full of quotes
Instead of making snarky sarcastic comments. You'd do better to explain to him what you think is wrong with his comments. Instead of posting things like "Better defend RT again." which don't exactly help at the moment.

Slashlen

Instead of making snarky sarcastic comments. You'd do better to explain to him what you think is wrong with his comments. Instead of posting things like "Better defend RT again." which don't exactly help at the moment.

The first one made it pretty obvious. He is accusing the guy of being a shill.

That's more than bought Halo 4, should they stop making Halo games?

Caayn

What do you mean by that? It's a snippet of his post history, want me to reply to every one of them in ancient and locked threads?
If you're going to take the trouble to re-post part of his post-history and make comments on each of those posts, yes.

Sethos

Banned
If you're going to take the trouble to re-post part of his post-history and make comments on each of those posts, yes.

That makes no sense. I'm trying to point out his extremely strong fondness of everything Microsoft. He has access to a heap of Microsoft hardware. He gushes over what Microsoft are doing at every turn or he defends it. He always has a Sony quip up his sleeve.

Point being, I'm trying to paint him as a shill.

Why the fuck would I reply to his shit from old and locked threads? Derp.

Man that was a lot of effort for posts which really dont come off as overly pro MS. I read through all of them and they dont seem too bad at all - he likes Windows Phone and has a Surface? so what?

I have a PS3, X360, a vita and a PC. I want an xbox One and have ordered a PS4 and just came back from buying beyond two souls. - where do my allegiances lie? i think too much is being looked in to someones post history.

if you look for something with an agenda - you can spin it to make anything you want it to be.

Caayn

That makes no sense. I'm trying to point out his extremely strong fondness of everything Microsoft. He has access to a heap of Microsoft hardware. He gushes over what Microsoft are doing at every turn or he defends it. He always has a Sony quip up his sleeve.

Point being, I'm trying to paint him as a shill.

Why the fuck would I reply to his shit from old and locked threads? Derp.
Then why did you reply(as sarcastic as those may have been) at all to those old posts? Those quotes alone, without comments on every single quote, already gets your point across.
Look I'm not defending anyone here, just trying to understand.

Sethos

Banned
Then why did you reply(as sarcastic as those may have been) at all to those old posts? Those quotes alone, without comments on every single quote, already gets your point across.
Look I'm not defending anyone here, just trying to understand.

Because those are not replies to his posts, it was to point out the posts nature in this thread to the people reading my post o_O Very common to actually explain yourself and that I did with every quote and why I used it. See it as live commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom