• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 44m
Wk 7 injury toll: Sam Bradford, ACL; Reggie Wayne, ACL; Leon Hall, Achilles; Brian Cushing, broken leg, torn LCL; Jermichael Finley, neck

Holy shit, and that's not including Doug Martin's torn labrum

The Wayne injury is probably the most devastating long term. Have any players his age successfully come back from an ACL tear?
It's definitely finleys man.

Texans defender hits Smith below the knees and its a penalty, Chiefs defender hits Case below the knees and its not.

You're a bit confused there. You're allowed to bring a QB down by his legs when you sack him, which is what the Chiefs did. You are not allowed to dive into the knees of a QB after he has released the ball, which is what the Texans did.

I think QBs are overprotected and wouldn't have flagged the hit on Smith, but that's how the game works today.

eznark

Banned
I love this GIF.

lolbrowns_medium.gif

McGahee's body language says it all.

His face is even better. I'll try to get it later. I was laughing my ass off.

Colasante

Let's all hope Greg Schiano does the right thing and trades Vincent Jackson to the Patriots before he's fired next week.

Sucks about Doug Martin. What a brutal weekend for injuries.

Bowser

Doug Martin out for season confirmed:

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 4m
As @MikeGarafolo said, Bucs RB Doug Martin suffered a torn labrum yesterday against the Falcons, and is out for the year.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You're a bit confused there. You're allowed to bring a QB down by his legs when you sack him, which is what the Chiefs did. You are not allowed to dive into the knees of a QB after he has released the ball, which is what the Texans did.

I think QBs are overprotected and wouldn't have flagged the hit on Smith, but that's how the game works today.

not really.

I've seen Watt get called twice for hitting QB's in the knees while they still have the ball or are in the act of throwing the ball. Once on Big Ben in 2011, and once in that awful colts thursday night game also in 2011. It's inconsistently called and its nonsense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nancy Gay ‏@nancygay 44m
Wk 7 injury toll: Sam Bradford, ACL; Reggie Wayne, ACL; Leon Hall, Achilles; Brian Cushing, broken leg, torn LCL; Jermichael Finley, neck

Holy shit, and that's not including Doug Martin's torn labrum

The Wayne injury is probably the most devastating long term. Have any players his age successfully come back from an ACL tear?

Sucks.

bionic77

Ben should actually get a lot more calls on late hits and dangerous hits. Defenders pretty much know they can tee off on him and 90% of the time won't get the flag.

Thats the just the way it is. If you are athletic, strong, or an alleged rapist the same protections just don't apply to you.

DMczaf

MY TEAM SUCKS! SCHIANO KICKS OUT SB MVPS FROM OUR FACILITIES! OUR RBS ARE DEAD! MY QB IS A VIDEO GAME TESTER!

FUCK MY LIFE!

i hate all of you.

squicken

Wayne injury really sets back Colts as SB contenders. They have Luck so they can win enough games in a crappy division, but they don't have the WR depth to make up for that loss. No one to work the routes that he does. It really sucks he got hurt adjusting to a bad pass. Seems cruel

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wayne injury really sets back Colts as SB contenders. They have Luck so they can win enough games in a crappy division, but they don't have the WR depth to make up for that loss. No one to work the routes that he does. It really sucks he got hurt adjusting to a bad pass. Seems cruel

It was apparent that Luck felt terrible about it.

Godslay

Banned

They're a balanced team, so one injury to a WR shouldn't matter. Feel bad though. Reggie's a class act.

So that was a fun season....looking forward to the off-season, hopefully some Oline additions, a new GM, some better draft pick ups, you know those early round guys that come in and contribute right away...not sit on the bench 'learning'.

squicken

It was apparent that Luck felt terrible about it.

Yeah. I have no idea what they should do. Irsay said they won't be doing anymore trades, but this is a SB team in it's window. Don't get many years of Luck at a low cost. You don't need the WR to come in right away and contribute. Just need him ready by the end of the season. But w/o a first round pick it's just impossible to justify giving up another pick and further crippling the future. That stupid Richardson trade is already showing it's huge cost to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom