• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon snap for the VC on Dec 4th

Awesome news! :D

I love how people still find a way to bitch about VC, you know if it was just a regular no-new-features release we'd get posts saying "Wah wah oh why couldn't Nintendo add online sending or something? Its the perfect chance! They're so lame and behind the times!" :|

I think its fantastic that Nintendo made the effort to add this feature to an already amazing game. And it continues the possibilities more games may follow with similar additional features, as its obvious they're open to it.

NTom64

Sweet :D

Love that they added photo-sharing to it. I wonder what other VC games could be upgraded...

On the subject on Snap itself, it desperately needs a sequel. Make it free-roaming (ala Zelda or something similar), with upgradeable cameras and items, online aspects (leaderboards, etc.) and I'd buy it day one :D

So is every picture you save automatically sent to the message board? Or did they add some kind of interface to the game to upload? Or did the game already offer a feature like this that the emulator just hijacks?

Lots of my friends never liked this game... But i loved.. still i missed that you couldnt take the pics of all the 150 pokemons that "existed" by that time.. wait.... ¬¬ 151 lol

swerve

AdmiralViscen said:
So is every picture you save automatically sent to the message board? Or did they add some kind of interface to the game to upload? Or did the game already offer a feature like this that the emulator just hijacks?

says on the image here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/vc_ps/img/page_03/03_kakomi.gif

that you can only send one photo per day, and that to do so, you press the minus button when viewing it (in the gallery). It also notes that if you're using a gamecube pad, you're going to have to press minus on the wii remote (though this is not an issue for classic controller users).

Sadly, it makes no mention of Wii-and-nunchuck controls being added to a de-bondified GoldenEye, for release in January. :( I shall keep dreaming.

I haven't checked out the virtual console in ages. Not my fault, I don't have my Wii in my dorm. I have a feeling when I go to check out this, I'll be out $50 by the end of the day.

Jiggy

ant1532 said:
Everyone should buy this just to get Nintendo to realize upgrading the games is what they should be doing.
This is probably true. That and to get them to realize we want a sequel.

Jammy

Banned
Phaethon0017 said:
I haven't checked out the virtual console in ages. Not my fault, I don't have my Wii in my dorm. I have a feeling when I go to check out this, I'll be out $50 by the end of the day.

It's worth it. I can go so long with just playing VC games. There's a lot of fun to be had in those classics. You don't get games like that nowadays.

RedShift

Judging from the screenshot I'm guessing it works like MP3, where you can't save them to an SD card or email them to anything other than a Wii right?

Firestorm

RedShift said:
Judging from the screenshot I'm guessing it works like MP3, where you can't save them to an SD card or email them to anything other than a Wii right?

That's what it seems like. I'd love to send it to my email and then post the picture on GAF and compete for high scores and stuff :(

swerve said:
says on the image here:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/vc_ps/img/page_03/03_kakomi.gif

that you can only send one photo per day, and that to do so, you press the minus button when viewing it (in the gallery). It also notes that if you're using a gamecube pad, you're going to have to press minus on the wii remote (though this is not an issue for classic controller users).

Sadly, it makes no mention of Wii-and-nunchuck controls being added to a de-bondified GoldenEye, for release in January. :( I shall keep dreaming.

Ahh so it's just a screen dumping tool then, they haven't edited the game at all!

My dreams of VC games with optional Wiimote controls have been shattered :(

jesusraz

Well, this is definitely another step in the right direction after Nintendo bringing a few Japanese-only games to the West.

However, (and I'm guessing this is posted elsewhere, but nevermind) I'm more interested in the full list of games due in December, which includes Treasure Hunter G (SFC) from Square Enix! Fingers crossed they actually decide to translate Sting's game this time...Bodes well for other 'lost' SNES classics like Live-a-Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure of Rudra and Romacing SaGa from the Squre side as well.

SOULLESS

Banned
I had no idea how to get to that hidden Forest place in this game when I was a kid. It had Growliths and Wartortles and stuff.

Slavik81

Jiggy37 said:
This is probably true. That and to get them to realize we want a sequel.
A sequel would be blasted by the critics and the community unless they made it free-roaming, and that would require a lot of work for the sort of game that it is.
Admittedly, they could reuse all their resources from Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Jiggy

Slavik81 said:
A sequel would be blasted by the critics and the community unless they made it free-roaming, and that would require a lot of work for the sort of game that it is.
Admittedly, they could reuse all their resources from Pokemon Battle Revolution.
I want it to be free-roaming myself, but honestly I'm not sure how much criticism it would get if it wasn't--just as long as they at least had something like twenty levels rather than six. Maybe I'm just overestimating critics because of the general reaction to Sin and Punishment, but I'm not sure there's any widespread bias against on-rails games...

Slightly off topic but if nintendo ever made a pokemon mmo, this type of gameplay would have to be in there somewhere alongside fighting other trainers.

gwiz210

A screenshot thread for this is going to be cool, but I wonder is there anyway to get a screenshot/picture from the wii message board to my email address?

Top Bottom