• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The weekly Translate-it-yourself Famitsu news thread (fun for the whole family!)

Koren

zurra said:
i've never heard of umihara kawase, but those videos make me very interested. if the PSP game turns out well, i'll definitely have to snag a copy. i loves me some ninja rope!
The game is indeed wonderful, but I didn't know there was a PSP game. Is it a remake ? I'll look for more informations on it, but probably a must-buy...

Koren said:
The game is indeed wonderful, but I didn't know there was a PSP game. Is it a remake ? I'll look for more informations on it, but probably a must-buy...

Nobody knew there was a PSP game until RIGHT NOW.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
duckroll said:
Petit Eva (DS/BanNam/spring 08)
* Full of minigames revolving around life in Tokyo-3's Nerv High School.
* Basis of gameplay is touching interesting places on screen; by doing this, events open up.
* Producer is Shibamura Yuuri, only -formerly- of Alfa System.

Am I reading this right? Is this an Evangelion mini-game collection?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
turk128 said:
It's not as if EVA hasn't been whored out merchandise wise...

I know it's been whored out to hell and back but I wasn't expecting a mini-game collection.

"Blow into the microphone to engage the convoluted mindfuck!"

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Sorry, is there something specific you're after. I'll try and scan for you.

A clean scan of the tiny Umihara Kawase PSP preview would really be appreciated too. Thanks! :D

Oh and did you see next week's Jump by any chance? Apparently Blue Dragon Plus (DS) is a "real time simulation RPG", any idea what it looks like?

justchris

Ugh, the 3d in Away is godawful, but the actual dungeon crawling part looks 2d and awesome. As long as it plays well, I can ignore the crappy 3d for the story bits. I'm more interested in the text then anyway.

Mandoric

Banned
ZealousD said:
Am I reading this right? Is this an Evangelion mini-game collection?

It's a minigame collection based on the retarded high-school romcom spinoff of Eva. Less "press A 25 times in 5 seconds to successfully pop off Kaworu's head!", more lolis.

harSon

Banned
I'm having second thoughts about Away, it's starting to look quite awesome. I'm getting a Zelda: Phantom Hourglass vibe for some reason.

Could you possibly post important tidbits from the interview if possible Duckroll?

duckroll

Mandoric said:
It's a minigame collection based on the retarded high-school romcom spinoff of Eva. Less "press A 25 times in 5 seconds to successfully pop off Kaworu's head!", more lolis.

No, actually it's a minigame collection based on this: http://www.evangelion.co.jp/petit_eva/index.html

Which is even more frightful.

harSon said:
I'm having second thoughts about Away, it's starting to look quite awesome. I'm getting a Zelda: Phantom Hourglass vibe for some reason.

Could you possibly post important tidbits from the interview if possible Duckroll?

I will make a thread once there are BD+ scans. I don't want the thread to fail so it'll have to piggyback on BD's success. ^^;

ethelred

creamsugar said:
scan links

Thanks. Though... for some reason, Soma Bringer's look really, really isn't clicking with me (plus it's Monolith Soft).

duckroll said:
I will make a thread once there are BD+ scans. I don't want the thread to fail so it'll have to piggyback on BD's success. ^^;

No one will give a shit anyway. Why bother?

duckroll

Yeah FFCC WiiWare is definitely a sim. It's probably going to turn a lot of people off, but I'm pretty excited. Basically the game progresses day by day like a normal sim game does. In the morning you get a report on your town and how it's progressing. After that you'll go decide what new buildings to contruction, etc. After which you will meet with adventurers that'll have requests about what they need to improve their chances when going out on quests and such. You also talk to citizens to find out what sort of buildings they need to expand their trades.

The lowest job class of adventures is the basic Warrior, with abilities like Double Attack and Protect. With the construction of certain base buildings, you'll have the ability to introduce more abilities, classes and weapon/equipment to adventurers. As quests that require attention outside of the town pop up, you'll need able adventurers to go accomplish them for you. The game is very much based on management and city planning, and considing it's a downloadable game, it's unlikely you'll ever actual monsters or combat in the game, just text.

justchris

duckroll said:
Yeah FFCC WiiWare is definitely a sim. It's probably going to turn a lot of people off, but I'm pretty excited. Basically the game progresses day by day like a normal sim game does. In the morning you get a report on your town and how it's progressing. After that you'll go decide what new buildings to contruction, etc. After which you will meet with adventurers that'll have requests about what they need to improve their chances when going out on quests and such. You also talk to citizens to find out what sort of buildings they need to expand their trades.

The lowest job class of adventures is the basic Warrior, with abilities like Double Attack and Protect. With the construction of certain base buildings, you'll have the ability to introduce more abilities, classes and weapon/equipment to adventurers. As quests that require attention outside of the town pop up, you'll need able adventurers to go accomplish them for you. The game is very much based on management and city planning, and considing it's a downloadable game, it's unlikely you'll ever actual monsters or combat in the game, just text.

That sounds to me like love in downloadable form.

harSon said:
AWAY honestly looks like Phantom Hourglass meets Animal Crossing meets Layton.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I retract my statement about AWAY, looks nice. kinda similar art style of WW/PH.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
duckroll said:

It sounds and looks great, a sweet title for Wiiware indeed.

Thanks a lot for the information, duckroll.

Teasel

i haven't bothered to read the entire thread so i hope these DQ9 scans aren't old
DQ91.jpg

DQ92.jpg

oh and those shiren 3 scans look awesome as always

Top Bottom