• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Kyoufu

SolidSnakex said:
Leave that shit to inexperienced developers. This isn't the final game, what do people not understand about that? It'll improve and things will get ironed out by the time it comes out in around a year.

Slowdown is not bad enough to make the game 30fps locked. Thats just people crying over nothing. Yes there is slowdown on the later parts of the game but its something that can and most likely will be fixed and polished for the final release.

And by the way, TTP has spent more time bitching about the game than actually playing it. When you're still on C-class events after having the game since day one, then theres something wrong.

LJ11

I'm actually glad TTP is speaking out, the more feedback the devs get the better. TTP isn't harming anyone by giving the community feedback. Call it nitpicking, or whatever you like, he just wants PD to make the best racing game they can. If it means bruising egos, so be it. I just hope someone at PD is browsing the boards and taking notes.

Telling TTP to post elsewhere is a joke. TTP is a straight shooter, always has been. Live with it or put him on ignore, because he's not going to change.

ruliweb dded more shots

ruliweb_gt5p_ps3_57.jpg

ruliweb_gt5p_ps3_59.jpg

ruliweb_gt5p_ps3_61.jpg

ruliweb_gt5p_ps3_63.jpg

ruliweb_gt5p_ps3_54.jpg

ruliweb_gt5p_ps3_50.jpg

bluheim

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Leave that shit to inexperienced developers.

This isn't the final game, what do people not understand about that? It'll improve and things will get ironed out by the time it comes out in around a year.

GT5P is not a demo, this is the final game. Are we talking about GT5, a game that nobody has tried, or about GT5P, a game that is available right now in Japan ? Again : nobody ever said that GT5 will have slowdowns and tearing; we are only saying that GT5P, whoch is a full featured game, has slowdowns and tearing. And that the announced DLC (weather, damages) will probably make it even worse.

Askia47

bluheim said:
GT5P is not a demo, this is the final game. Are we talking about GT5, a game that nobody has tried, or about GT5P, a game that is available right now in Japan ? Again : nobody ever said that GT5 will have slowdowns and tearing; we are only saying that GT5P, whoch is a full featured game, has slowdowns and tearing. And that the announced DLC (weather, damages) will probably make it even worse.

if it makes it worse, then it makes it worse. GT5P still looks amazing, alot of people are complaining alot, but i still think the game delivers itself well. Besides patches could help with the games issues. Theres only so much you can do, and im still confident that PD can fix these issues.

Madman

LJ11 said:
I'm actually glad TTP is speaking out, the more feedback the devs get the better. TTP isn't harming anyone by giving the community feedback. Call it nitpicking, or whatever you like, he just wants PD to make the best racing game they can. If it means bruising egos, so be it. I just hope someone at PD is browsing the boards and taking notes.

Telling TTP to post elsewhere is a joke. TTP is a straight shooter, always has been. Live with it or put him on ignore, because he's not going to change.
There's a difference between being objective/critical, and being condescending/ignorant. I.e:
TTP said:
I bet by the time the tearing-free Uncharted 2 is released we will still be waiting for Polyphony to ship Gran Turismo 5.
I agree with TTP most of the time, but stuff like this is dramatic and detracts from any arguement he puts forth.

FUCK... ME... !!!! :lol

bluheim said:
Have you even played the GT5P besides the demo? AFAIK there are no more slowdowns in the full one. And you remind me of that. And no GT5P IS NOT a full featured game. Do you even think about what you are saying?

bluheim said:
And that the announced DLC (weather, damages) will probably make it even worse.
What was it that people said about GT HD and GT5 again? Oh right...

Zaptruder

Banned
At what point does criticsm become ridiculous?

I'd say when the need or want to be critical gets to such a point where it reduces your enjoyment of the product.

Not just in identifying what causes you to percieve something as higher or lower quality, but fixating on trivial things to the point where you lose sight of the bigger picture.

That mindset... that level of idiosyncracy should be reserved for people that would actually have an effect on the game.

From what I know... PD is a pretty insular developer; they don't really tend to look at fansites, much less a gaming forum like this one to determine what it is they'll do. Sure, they listen to the general noise and hubub... but at the same time, their greatest strength is that their harshest critics are themselves.

I imagine given this developer's pedigree they're very aware of all the various issues with the games graphics and are seeking to improve it.

Saying uselessly asinine things like "Uncharted 2 will be out and better by the time GT5 release", or some such drek, really helps no one, least of all the person that posts it. Just fixating on the small things to the point where he no longer enjoys what should be an awesome experience, then adding hyperbole to the mix to further aggravate things.

Really... all this complaining is just the video game equivalent of shrieking "Sharp knees!"

LJ11

Madman said:
There's a difference between being objective/critical, and being condescending/ignorant. I.e:
I agree with TTP most of the time, but stuff like this is dramatic and detracts from any arguement he puts forth.

Some of his statements may be over the top, probably for comedic purposes, but the brunt of his message is clear in his +/- breakdown. It sounded like he was being genuine in that post.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
LJ11 said:

Yeah, it was my bicthing about Uncharted bullet trails that got them removed from the game at the very last minute! Wasn't for me, the game would have turned out pure shit! You should thank my bitching!

lol, j/k guys. Back to your Sparco seats.

The criticism is fine, especially for Prologue because that's the point. They've said the reason for the release is so they can get everything ironed out before GT5 since they're doing things they haven't done before. But I question when TTP starts to call into question how they're working on the game since I don't think there's another racing game developer that puts in as much effort as Polyphony does. Yeah it takes a long time for them to get it done, but when you see the final product and see how much more it does than every other racing game you understand why it took that long.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Another translation request: Wheel configurations. What do the selections mean in the wheel config. option? Not the button assignment screen, the wheel configuration screen.

spwolf

SolidSnakex said:
The criticism is fine, especially for Prologue because that's the point. They've said the reason for the release is so they can get everything ironed out before GT5 since they're doing things they haven't done before. But I question when TTP starts to call into question how they're working on the game since I don't think there's another racing game developer that puts in as much effort as Polyphony does. Yeah it takes a long time for them to get it done, but when you see the final product and see how much more it does than every other racing game you understand why it took that long.

ttp's thing is graphics... he is total graphics whore. People need to understand that. He is not usual joe.

I will be playing Edgar in few mins and tell you guys who I feel about it.

Kyoufu

AlphaSnake said:
Another translation request: Wheel configurations. What do the selections mean in the wheel config. option? Not the button assignment screen, the wheel configuration screen.

You mean Steering?

Active Steering: OFF/ON

Steering Type: Amateur(default is amateur)/Professional/Simulation

Power Assist (power steering): ON/OFF

Force Feedback Strength: Weak/Strong(default is strong)

Kyoufu

Wow holy shit, I didn't realise you could go into Key Assign, and set "Left Side View" and "Right Side View" onto the controller. I just tried it on L2 and R2 and wow, the game looks insane as you look to your left and right in the cockpit view.

Since L2 and R2 are analogue, you can control how much you want to move your sight...

I wish I could post videos :(

BeeDog

Kyoufu said:
Wow holy shit, I didn't realise you could go into Key Assign, and set "Left Side View" and "Right Side View" onto the controller. I just tried it on L2 and R2 and wow, the game looks insane as you look to your left and right in the cockpit view.

Since L2 and R2 are analogue, you can control how much you want to move your sight...

WTF, that's awesome. SOMEONE, quick, video of that.

Damn, sitting home on a Saturday thanks to two exams in the coming days, the only thing that can cheer me up is a video of said thing. :(

AlphaSnake

Kyoufu said:

Anyway you can take a pic of the Left View and Right View text looks like in Japanese?

Kyoufu

Nah, I don't have capturing capabilities but I'll tell you how to get there:

Options >Key Assign (the middle controller) > pick your desired button then scroll down to the 4th from bottom on the list for left view, 3rd from bottom for right view.

On the wheel they are set to left and right on the dpad by default.

AlphaSnake

Kyoufu said:
Nah, I don't have capturing capabilities but I'll tell you how to get there:

Options >Key Assign (the middle controller) > pick your desired button then scroll down to the 4th from bottom on the list for left view, 3rd from bottom for right view.

On the wheel they are set to left and right on the dpad by default.

Ahh, I'm an ass. Didn't even bother trying it on the wheel. Hehe, totally forgot about this feature.

Pimpwerx

Goldrusher said:
The cities appearing in the top right of the menu all have a famous racing circuit...
I wonder if we'll see all of them in the game eventually:

Suzuka
Fuji
Estoril
Daytona Beach
Tsukuba
Hockenheim
Nürburg
Monterey
Sonoma
Brands Hatch
Motegi
Shanghai
Spa
Silverstone
Zolder
Le Mans
Monza
Imola
Magny Cours
Monte Carlo
Jerez
Win!

Spa-Francorchamps is the best dedicated circuit after the Nordschlief IMO. I hope it's the Spa from 98-ish or earlier, not the one with the changed Bus Stop and Eau Rouge. I am so fucking happy. The only thing that could make it perfect would be if they put Road America in there. I really hope Elkhart Lake ends up as a destination on that map soon. It's the best circuit in the Americas. PEACE.

Madman

LJ11 said:
Some of his statements may be over the top, probably for comedic purposes, but the brunt of his message is clear in his +/- breakdown. It sounded like he was being genuine in that post.
I agree, but his over the top statements make it very hard to decipher what should be or not be taken seriously, if anything shouldn't be taken seriously.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
FUCK. i was gonna wait for pal but ive been watching the screens and ill get japanese version. Fuck me i might even get the pal version if DLC comes out :(

im getting a G25 next week so this game is a MUST HAVE NAOW..

bluheim

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
And no GT5P IS NOT a full featured game. Do you even think about what you are saying?

It is. A 30-40$ full featured game. The problems in the GT5p demo were acceptable, considering it was...a demo.

weedlewalker said:
No one can disagree the game LOOKS better than anything out there.

Just like if I load up crysis at 2560x1600 on my 30'' dell, wow I could take some serious screen shots, beautiful.

It is barely chugging along now with the v-snyc off though. What happens with weather and damage added?

As far as making it 720p, why not? Sony is already lying about it being 1080p. Just call it 1080p and make it 720p, just a little bigger lie than calling 1280x1080(or whatever this is, i forget the exact number)1080p
:lol Graphics really will be the melting point of this gen. Wow.

bluheim said:
It is. A 30-40$ full featured game. The problems in the GT5p demo were acceptable, considering it was...a demo.

Saying these are "problems" is like saying PGR3 or Halo 3 lower resolution are "problems". Games can't have every single technical feature available. Sacrifices have to be made, and sacrifices like that to make the game look like this:

DSC02644.jpg

Then... WHO THE HELL GIVES A SHIT.

Goldrusher

spwolf said:
I cried a little on my first lap at daytona.

I thought "where the **** am I" when I was thrown onto a reverse London. :lol

The Japanese language really adds a surprise element to the game.

SolidSnakex said:
Leave that shit to inexperienced developers.

This isn't the final game, what do people not understand about that? It'll improve and things will get ironed out by the time it comes out in around a year.

not the final final game, but this game costs money, right? if he paid money for it he has a right to bitch whether you agree with him or not

spwolf

i gotta say - TTP, yes, there are some issues (but less than with demo) but I will gladly recommend you affordable Panny Plasma with 1080p input (768p screen). Garage screen looks a LOT better for me (still some aliasing, but less than in Demo while previewing car).

As complete package, it is amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
nofi said:
I have a Nikon D50 - what magic button do I have to press to make my photos not look like shit?

81jha82.jpg

865et6c.jpg

86yzrrs.jpg

7y53w3c.jpg

Try pausing the action on the TV (there should be a "still" button on it). Put the camera on a place where it can´t be moved, like a tripod or upon a book, etc, don´t use the flash. This should make it ok^^

BTW your pics are the best in terms of brightness/contrast, they´re not showing the shadows as a black spot on the tracks :D

avaya

Damn I mapped gear shifts to R1 and R2, didn't know abut view change in cockpit. Gotta try it.

Anyone reached S-class events yet? How are you finding it? I am pitiful at Eiger reverse. I was pitiful at it in Concept and things haven't changed. I'm a 1.0s off gold and it'll take me a good afternoon to knock my time down. The consecutive hairpins are slooooww.

spwolf said:
so edgar is the worst of tearing/fps drop?

Edgar?? Dude it's Eiger!!!

I was wondering what the hell you were talking about for a while :lol

Top Bottom