• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Heh, all this data mining. Well, between:

- Currently ongoing P4A2 network tests.
- Indication of P4A2 announcement on Friday.
- The p-ch and persona5 website stuff.

Things are indeed coming together, most likely to form the miracle of the 24th.

You figured that out, huh? An announcement's happening on Friday?

Trigger

Just tested this myself, exact same IP address. It's fucking happening.

Gp2xS.gif

The hype, it burns.

This is a month of rejoicing. No one would blame you if you called it off.

Let's not get hasty.

kewlmyc

p-ch.jp seems to have moved and is now on the exact same IP address as persona5.jp (1.33.188.62), an address that does not seem to be used by any other Atlus sites (I tested a few, most were on 111.89.179.xxx, and p-ch.jp also used to be there). If there were any doubts after yesterdays trace route where the last address was different, they should be cleared now. It's happening.

BELIEVE

I was right to call you Naoto. Nice detective work ssshadow.

Wow, I'm actually getting hyped for something Persona related, this hasn't happened in what feels like years.

I'm guessing I should call this bet "Lost"?

late, but: atlus is definitely afraid of backlash and that's why they're closing off a relic of the nineties that's frequented by maybe 20 people and encouraging their fans to use radically popular social media sites like facebook and twitter. it just makes good sense!

Squire

Banned
This has probably already occurred to everyone, but I don't see Atlus HQ coming down to CA just to brief them on the P5 announcement and whatever else might be coming. They can hold a conference call for that. I'm thinking a global reveal is possible. They may as well, really.

late, but: atlus is definitely afraid of backlash and that's why they're closing off a relic of the nineties that's frequented by maybe 20 people and encouraging their fans to use radically popular social media sites like facebook and twitter. it just makes good sense!

It makes decent sense, but honestly? Whatever 20 fanatics that frequented that board wouldn't be able to cause much of a stir. If they're worried over backlash there's nothing they can do, really. GAF will roast or toast.

Marche90

I was right to call you Naoto. Nice detective work ssshadow.

Wow, I'm actually getting hyped for something Persona related, this hasn't happened in what feels like years.

I'm feeling it too. It's here, folks. No more speculation

Obligatory:

382.gif

kewlmyc

This has probably already occurred to everyone, but I don't see Atlus HQ coming down to CA just to brief them on the P5 announcement and whatever else might be coming. They can hold a conference call for that. I'm thinking a global reveal is possible. They may as well, really.

I just brushed it off as a friendly visit. Please don't get me more hyped. My heart might not be able to handle it.

Squire

Banned
I just brushed it off as a friendly visit. Please don't get me more hyped. My heart might not be able to handle it.

Nah, man. It's their supervisors. Who are about to announce a key product at home, I might add. They didn't come to sight-see, they came to handle some business.

Let the hype flow through you.

Gazoinks

I leave for class and when I come back apparently P5 announcement is semi-confirmed. All the interesting stuff happens when I'm not here.

Dantis

When everyone gets off work/school.

Anyway, when do threads auto lock? At 20,000 posts?

Nah, pretty sure I've seen threads get to like 23k before.

Might as well start on OT3 tonight. Banner isn't finished, but I anticipated this so we're going to have the backup banner. Might look better anyway in the end. I was pretty happy with the sketch.

Lunar15

p-ch.jp seems to have moved and is now on the exact same IP address as persona5.jp (1.33.188.62), an address that does not seem to be used by any other Atlus sites (I tested a few, most were on 111.89.179.xxx, and p-ch.jp also used to be there). If there were any doubts after yesterdays trace route where the last address was different, they should be cleared now. It's happening.

BELIEVE

Birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

We made it PersonaGAF. We in this.

I think its time for some senseless speculation:

Now that we know P-CH is a P5 site, what do you guys think those vague shaky boxes mean in terms of the game design?

If something is happening Friday, then I'd say you might want to have OT3 semi-ready by then. =p

I'm wondering what Friday's announcement will be, though. I can't imagine it'll be the Ultimax console version, since you'd think they'd want to get the arcade release out the door before moving on to the console port. Maybe new characters? Maybe some further information about new, already announced characters?

FluxWaveZ

Now that we know P-CH is a P5 site, what do you guys think those vague shaky boxes mean in terms of the game design?

Nothing, would be my guess. Given that those boxes stretch in the mobile version of the site, I think they're just part of the tease itself and are to be in some way eventually filled in or incorporated into the final version of the website.

Trigger

Mascots? Maybe the boxes will turn into wiggling characters once the reveal happens. Or maybe cellphones play a key role in P5 and the boxes are fictional apps.

EDIT- Oh, you're asking about actual game design. lol, beats me.

Sophia

I imagine the shaking isn't relevant. The boxes most likely just represent the announcements they're going to make and nothing more.

Shake the Dualshock 4 to summon your Persona!

I have always assumed that the boxes are a stylistic thing. I still believe that.

^This. Since p-ch.jp is most likely a portal site for new Persona-related projects, I don't think we'll see any gameplay/design elements from P5 there. They'll save that kind of detail for persona5.jp.

FluxWaveZ

But why do the cities shake? And why can you only make 5 of them shake at one time?! This will always confuse me.

You can get all six of the city names to shake. The city names shake longer, so click on one and then another quickly to get the five you mentioned shaking. Then, you need to click the last city name and then click a box.

Squire

Banned
^This. Since p-ch.jp is most likely a portal site for new Persona-related projects, I don't think we'll see any gameplay/design elements from P5 there. They'll save that kind of detail for persona5.jp.

Oh, you're right. Could be a portal site. I never thought of that.

That means red isn't necessarily P5's primary color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom