• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
The domain is still the game yes, I'm still staying positive. But yeesssh, the first thing they reveal is of a P4 flavour? Huge dishespect.

Aight then, I feel you dawg. Word up. No dishispect.

Real talk though, Hashino, how y'all gon' try to play Big L for a sucks, huh? That's cold.

todd360

No this has to be a trick guys. We have known persona 5 has been in development for awhile now. It just feels like the right time to announce it. If its gonna be on last gen then they have to announce it and get it out as soon as possible. I will keep faith.

LX_Theo

Banned
Here are my current thoughts on the matter...

I do not think it is P4U2. While the code mentioning "P4U2" is there and the mutliple cities suggests location testing... That code is an exact copy from the P4U2 page, and there is no mention of Arc System Works (plus P Team being there)

I do not think it is a concert. They already have had a concert in the past few months, and I also think there is little reason for them to make a big deal out of a new concert when they do them fairly regularly at this point.

I do not think they are something to do with slots. One, they said that Persona fans would be satisfied with the announcement, which this definitely would not fall under. I can't imagine them thinking any fan would be excited enough by that to make a whole teaser and such. I also believe they already have slots related to P4, but this is more based on some stuff I see on the japanese Persona portal. I cannot confirm it because of that.

I do not think it is related to Persona 3's movies or the game at all. Teddie sort of makes that case for me.

I do not think its a browser game. I may be wrong on this, but I think with the prevalence of smartphones and whatnot that browser based games will take a large backseat in Japan.

I think that leaves a few things that it can be.

It'll have some sort of connection to Persona 4 (which could be as simple as being a follow up/sequel to Persona 4). It is something that will, to Atlus's expectations, no disappoint Persona fans when announced (though that could have a wider spread meaning since they probably would gage it off of Japanese fans).

I think it has to be a game of some sort. Persona 5 is a possibility, definitely. Especially after all this time and the "satsified" comments. It could also be some sort of cheaper, mobile game that could span a variety of subjects like a full on dating sim, a multiplayer game in the Persona universe on phones, or something else entirely.

That is about the extent of what I think could happen, though.

Okay, so with absolutely no evidence to prove this, here's what I think may be happening:

The p-ch.jp site has officially entered "countdown" mode. There are five days left until the reveal (I know six technically when the site was updated, but the official Persona Twitter didn't acknowledge it until the 20th in Japan). Each day until the reveal, the site will feature some nod to the previous Persona games:

20th: Persona 4 (TV static with Teddie)
21st: Persona 3 (maybe Aigis?)
22nd: Persona 2: IS & EP
23rd: Persona 1
24th: Persona 5

Looking at the Persona 3 movie site, which is also in countdown mode, gave me this idea. I know the two projects are unrelated, but it would explain the timing of the change to p-ch. Ultimately, we'll see what happens at the end of the day today (in Japan). If it doesn't change, then back to the drawing board...

I swear everything always happens when I'm sleeping! It's unbearable!

I like TrueSelf's theory, so I'll go with that.

I felt like such a conspiracy theorist writing all that, but I really, really want this to be P5, and I'm willing to delude myself with anything until 11/24.

Meia

I swear everything always happens when I'm sleeping! It's unbearable!

I like TrueSelf's theory, so I'll go with that.

Realtalk: After Persona 5 gets announced on Sunday, how long til Persona 6 is announced after? They'll probably re-use assets from 5 after all! :D

Squire

Banned
Okay, so with absolutely no evidence to prove this, here's what I think may be happening:

The p-ch.jp site has officially entered "countdown" mode. There are five days left until the reveal (I know six technically when the site was updated, but the official Persona Twitter didn't acknowledge it until the 20th in Japan). Each day until the reveal, the site will feature some nod to the previous Persona games:

20th: Persona 4 (TV static with Teddie)
21st: Persona 3 (maybe Aigis?)
22nd: Persona 2: IS & EP
23rd: Persona 1
24th: Persona 5

Looking at the Persona 3 movie site, which is also in countdown mode, gave me this idea. I know the two projects are unrelated, but it would explain the timing of the change to p-ch. Ultimately, we'll see what happens at the end of the day today (in Japan). If it doesn't change, then back to the drawing board...

Great thinking. I didn't realize the P3M site was counting down as well.

They all bought my little sister can't be this cute happy end instead

Also I was being facetious

I know, I'm bustin' your balls.

Realtalk: After Persona 5 gets announced on Sunday, how long til Persona 6 is announced after? They'll probably re-use assets from 5 after all! :D

Not nearly as long, since they'll have all their tech sorted.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, countdown theories, huh. Interesting.

Don't have a position on the matter myself and, if I did, it would end up being the opposite of what I thought. At least we have 14 more hours to see if Teddie is going to stay or not.

kewlmyc

uPRcRAj.jpg

Sophia

Honestly, I don't think the presence of Teddie has any bearing on the content that'll be released. Probably just a countdown, as TrueSelf suggested.

Meia

So I finished AA5 this morning. That......was certainly a thing.

As much feels as I had with the previous games, something about the presentation of this game just made some moments sooo jarring. Not sure if it's because I genuinely liked Athena's character or not, but any moment she breaks down is just heart-breaking. Notice little things like Widget being completely blank, while it normally shows her mood.

Last case was really amazing, as was the setup into it. Structure was a little wonky(that the whole thing takes place in 1 day is kind of silly), and also wasn't a fan of how ham-fisted it was when you finally cornered Fulbright, but damn still satisfying.

LOVED the additions to the game itself in this. The last moments of each case with that special music playing while you zoom in on the character's closed eyes as they piece together things was amazing, and I really liked Athena's gameplay addition much more than Apollo's when that happened. BUT, this game wasn't really a game anymore. Saving like you could before you presented anything removes any penalty for a, well, penalty system, and you rarely had to figure out what to do on your own, as the game seemingly ran on autopilot. The character flat out telling you what to do or where to go before you can "choose" to go there, but knowing nothing will happen unless you do is a bad change.

Squire

Banned
Obviously intentional, of course. I couldn't bear not making a pun.

Real talk tho: Has someone checked out the mobile site since this development?

Ah, interesting call. Those boxes were stretched before so I wonder if Teddie's adjusted to fit them.

I looked this morning. Boxes are still stretched, but no Teddie.

Edit: Just checked again and I clicked the boxes this time. Teddie pops up on each, but no, no stretching.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Guys, calm down. This is just Atlus trolling, p-ch is most likely for Persona 5. persona5.jp and p-ch.jp were both moved to the same IP address pretty much during the same day. This address (1.33.188.62) belongs to "NTT PC Communications,Inc.", a hosting company. That Atlus updated persona5.jp to point to this new locations means that they are paying for some kind of hosting. And no one would pay for website hosting without a website.

Ah, interesting call. Those boxes were stretched before so I wonder if Teddie's adjusted to fit them.

The mobile site can be found at http://p-ch.jp/sp/index.html , and it also has Teddie.

Sophia

Guys, calm down. This is just Atlus trolling, p-ch is most likely for Persona 5. persona5.jp and p-ch.jp were both moved to the same IP address pretty much during the same day. This address (1.33.188.62) belongs to "NTT PC Communications,Inc.", a hosting company. That Atlus updated persona5.jp to point to this new locations means that they are paying for some kind of hosting. And no one would pay for website hosting without a website.

Sometimes I think the junior members of the community are more reasonable than the older ones. :p

Soriku

For current gen only? lolz :p

I don't think the teaser update means much either way. No surprise people are quick to freak out though.

LX_Theo

Banned
Intriguing. I'll just assume that the info there is in fact true (just haven't seen it myself yet).

That's certainly pretty strong evidence.

Lunar15

The mobile site can be found at http://p-ch.jp/sp/index.html , and it also has Teddie.

Your avatar still compliments your posts quite nicely.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Intriguing. I'll just assume that the info there is in fact true (just haven't seen it myself yet).

That's certainly pretty strong evidence.

Well, you can get information on sites easily, this site even has a map.

The easiest way to get the IP of a domain would be the command line "ping p-ch.jp" wich will display the address, although there exists several browser add-ons and such to do the same thing. "tracert p-ch.jp" is also interesting sometimes.

Levito

Banned
Hey so here's some food for thought: Why is it ok for Persona 2 to have 2 games but Persona 4 getting a sequel is seen as abomination?

Don't get me wrong, I want an entirely new game. I felt P4 ended marvellously and I have no real interest in seeing those characters again in an RPG.

Still though, interesting point brought up.

PK Gaming

Teddie's new super is AWESOME

It's based on Shadow Teddie's Nihil Hand + that suicide move he used.
Hey so here's some food for thought: Why is it ok for Persona 2 to have 2 games but Persona 4 getting a sequel is seen as abomination?

Don't get me wrong, I want an entirely new game. I felt P4 ended marvellously and I have no real interest in seeing those characters again in an RPG.

Because Persona 2 literally ends on a cliffhanger and
the good guys don't be beat the bad guy.
Also, a sequel was very much in the cards.

Squire

Banned

Same bullshit double-standard that had me and Moonlight a few others thinking P2 was this radically different game.

I don't want it either, but yeah - if they did it and fit it well, it'd be fine.

I don't know about anyone else, but I see Arena/Ultimax as the sequel to Persona 4 (and 3 too, I suppose). The story is already being continued for those characters. Now is the time for new stories with new characters.

Sophia

Because Persona 2 was actually planned to be a dilogy, where as any addictions to Persona 4 would feel like what Advent Children was to Final Fantasy VII.

Also, what TrueSelf mentioned. We already have Arena/Ultimax to fill in that spot.

Gazoinks

I... vaguely recall reading somewhere that P2 was originally gonna be one game, but they split it in half. Am I remembering wrong?

Sophia

I... vaguely recall reading somewhere that P2 was originally gonna be one game, but they split it in half. Am I remembering wrong?

I don't think you're remembering wrong, actually. I recall something like that too, but without a source to back it up I didn't mention it. Because, hey, we could both be wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom